AFC Championship: Bills vs. Chiefs Discussion Thread

Worth noting that with Milano out AJ Klein was starting at LB and playing TERRIBLY. I fully remember Kelce absolutely owning him throughout the game. I was calling for him to get cut after a couple starts but he's progressed throughout the season and is now a nice compliment to Milano/Edmunds.

The Bills D is in a much better place right now and playing confident team football.

On KC TT 28. Mahomes is going to play and will have time to have rested the toe. I can't get past the Bills defense when they last played a passing threat (Rivers) and how guys were running free everywhere in that game. Mahomes and that crew of offensive talent obviously ramps things up significantly.

After missing Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Browns, the Chiefs saw key contributors return to practice on Wednesday as the team prepares to host the Buffalo Bills. The list includes wide receiver Sammy Watkins, running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and cornerbacks Rashad Fenton and Bashaud Breeland.

Total up to 54. I sense a shootout.

be careful. I been hearing it might be super windy similar to at Buffalo turned out last week. Kc has notorious wind in that stadium too. And I’m scared of red zone Fgs on long drives. I have no doubt you right even in some whipping wind both teams figure out how to move the ball but I also have a ton of respect for bills head coach and his defensive acumen and also think kc defense good enough to make some plays especially if it tough to make long throws even for these guys.

be careful. I been hearing it might be super windy similar to at Buffalo turned out last week. Kc has notorious wind in that stadium too. And I’m scared of red zone Fgs on long drives. I have no doubt you right even in some whipping wind both teams figure out how to move the ball but I also have a ton of respect for bills head coach and his defensive acumen and also think kc defense good enough to make some plays especially if it tough to make long throws even for these guys.

Greats thoughts. You have so many of them. Let's go.

Greats thoughts. You have so many of them. Let's go.

tell me what you think about what I came up with for the packers game in my last 4-5 post in that thread when you get a chance please. Feel like that a way stronger play than I anticipated making again this nfl year, I can’t stomach another big hit so need some critique on whether I’m off base or my logic can be picked apart at all! Lol.

the thoughts on bills/kc under might make me play it for fun but very little chance I’m risking anything that hurts :)

Where are you?
Where are you?

stl, so we kinda get kc weather after them., sometimes. The pod I was listening to guy was saying 15+ with stronger gust, he did say it been changing daily which happens in Midwest w fronts coming thru, these clowns often get it wrong, less than 15mph wouldn’t worry me much, maybe ask Cap at what point wind becomes meaningful there? I’m sure he knows better than me.

coldest i've ever been was at arrowhead. had snowed a foot the night before and it wasn't cleared from the stands, so we just stood on it.

ive heard it can be brutal there but I never been in the winter. Went to a raider game long long ago but it was fairly early in the season I believe, def wasn’t too cold yet. I never been anywhere colder than stl in winter, if I leave I go warmer this time of year!

ive heard it can be brutal there but I never been in the winter. Went to a raider game long long ago but it was fairly early in the season I believe, def wasn’t too cold yet. I never been anywhere colder than stl in winter, if I leave I go warmer this time of year!

it was awful. the mrs. stood in the bathroom for the 4th qtr. she wasn't alone.

I used to enjoy cold and snow but older I get more I dunno wtf was wrong with me!! And never brutal cold, once it below 20 with wind im out! Lol. I been out in that sub zero shit before, it no damn fun. I’ll take a fire and my tv all day!!

Was at an ISU game once back in the 80s in November, was so cold I couldn't grip the zipper on my jeans because fingers were frozen, had to piss so badly. Actually had to run them under cold water in the bathroom sink to "warm" them up so I didn't piss myself. Thank God I learned the value of hand warmers after that.

Was at an ISU game once back in the 80s in November, was so cold I couldn't grip the zipper on my jeans because fingers were frozen, had to piss so badly. Actually had to run them under cold water in the bathroom sink to "warm" them up so I didn't piss myself. Thank God I learned the value of hand warmers after that.

we had hand warmers, feet warmers, 5 layers of shirts/coats/sweatshirts, huge wool socks that i can't normally wear because they're too heavy, plus alcohol. didn't matter, still absolutely frozen.

we had hand warmers, feet warmers, 5 layers of shirts/coats/sweatshirts, huge wool socks that i can't normally wear because they're too heavy, plus alcohol. didn't matter, still absolutely frozen.
Jesus. Sounds miserable

Jesus. Sounds miserable

the remarkable thing is you see shots in kc on days like that where those crazy bastards in line to tailgate by 7am for one these playoff games that don’t start till late!! None of them ever look all that bothered by it, it usually pretty damn cold for long stretches here and I never get that used to it, but again when I was younger I’d be wearing shorts in 20-30 degrees and didn’t bother me, I wasn’t outside for hours or a entire freaking day tho. Now days I’m wearing 2 pair of pants, overalls, insulated shirts hoody and coat just to be outside in that! Lol

When does / would Mahomes officially "pass" protocol and announced as fit to play? How does that work? 2 hours before kick or 2 days before kick?

When does / would Mahomes officially "pass" protocol and announced as fit to play? How does that work? 2 hours before kick or 2 days before kick?

I think Sunday. I dunno know for sure or exactly when tho. I wouldn’t worry bout, dude taking all the 1st team reps. I dunno why they couldn’t have it done whenever after he passes all the other Steps before the independent neurologist comes in? Nick wright said today he talked to him Sunday night and he supposedly couldn’t say before now but mahomes told him he had no concerns about clearing, more concerned about his toe.

I think the fact books hung the line where they did and it stayed there all week told us all there was almost no chance he wasn’t gonna clear. I really don’t think it was a concussion in 1st place, his head didn’t even come close to being rocked!

I can still feel the last two AFC Championship games in my toes. Wind chill was below zero do both and the way the stadium is designed that wind hits u hardddd. Fortunately it’s the greatest tailgate ever and if you drink enough it’ll get u through a couple quarters

I can still feel the last two AFC Championship games in my toes. Wind chill was below zero do both and the way the stadium is designed that wind hits u hardddd. Fortunately it’s the greatest tailgate ever and if you drink enough it’ll get u through a couple quarters

im always marveled by you crazy fucks who get out there at ass crack of dawn and stay till end of game!!! Dedication!

what you think the wind mph has to be where it becomes a pretty big factor in that stadium? I been waiting to ask you all week cause I’ve heard several weather reports calling for what id think is substantial wind.

im always marveled by you crazy fucks who get out there at ass crack of dawn and stay till end of game!!! Dedication!

what you think the wind mph has to be where it becomes a pretty big factor in that stadium? I been waiting to ask you all week cause I’ve heard several weather reports calling for what id think is substantial wind.

it’s probably why I’m divorced now but I would do it 10 out of 10 times. Just couldn’t get there for this one. I’d say when you get to 15-20+ it’s going to affect the passing and kicking game.

it’s probably why I’m divorced now but I would do it 10 out of 10 times. Just couldn’t get there for this one. I’d say when you get to 15-20+ it’s going to affect the passing and kicking game.

lol. Na, divorce is almost as natural as death!! Marriage made sense way back when life expectancy was like 30-40 years old!! Now that we living so long it just not reasonable to expect to continue being happy with the same person! I mean I’ll always care for my ex, she a wonderful person and all but fuck, variety in life is nice!!

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes said Friday he's out of the concussion protocol and cleared to play in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills at Arrowhead Stadium.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Mahomes took all of the snaps in Wednesday's practice and a majority of them on Thursday.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes said Friday he's out of the concussion protocol and cleared to play in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills at Arrowhead Stadium.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Mahomes took all of the snaps in Wednesday's practice and a majority of them on Thursday.

I never had a doubt. I’ve never seen a concussion where guys head didn’t get hit! Lol

Yeah, 5 minutes after he went out based upon the way he ran by himself to the locker room you could tell there wasn't anything concussion-like going on. Protocol is protocol I guess.

Didn't see where anyone asked him about the toe.

Yeah, 5 minutes after he went out based upon the way he ran by himself to the locker room you could tell there wasn't anything concussion-like going on. Protocol is protocol I guess.

Didn't see where anyone asked him about the toe.

I didn’t either, nick wright said this morning it was brought up as being a bigger concern for him than the concussion in a conversation they had Sunday night. So no clue if it still is, toe always worries me so I find it strange it hasn’t been talked bout much but guess it been pretty easy to sweep under the rug while everyone freaking bout whether he would clear, obviously the toe had no chance of keeping him out!! I worry it limits his mobility but the fact he taking all the 1st team reps kinda tells me it can’t be that bad, right? I assume they not shooting it up for practice so he shouldn’t even notice it after a shot on Sunday!!

Far as the “concussion” goes I believe it was absolutely just the optics that prevented him from coming right back in last week. I have no doubt 10 years ago he doesn’t miss more than a series! I don’t really have a problem with it cause they gotta protect these guys from themselves, we can’t have them all fucked up in the head 5 years out the league! Quickest way the game could die. So you can’t even take it case by case cause teams and players would then find ways to get back in as they have for decades!

Bills +153 4 me. My best play this week.

i have a much harder time trying to argue against this one. Deep down I kinda think kc pulls it out but I think a very good case can be made to play bills at plus money. Lot of guys I respect like the bills quite a bit this week.

exact same look they gave on the henne 4th down play correct? And they ran same play vs dolphins to pick up a key 1st down. There no question if im the bills and they see that look on a 3rd or 4th and short my outside corner isn’t gonna go with the outside wr but cheat into that spot they like to hit cheetah on that out! Of course I have no doubt Andy has a counter but you have to take that play away 1st in a key spot imo.

Very excited for the chess match we about to see with big Andy vs McDermott! Best offensive mind vs one of the best defensive imo. Kinda like McDermott replacing hoody in this spot! Lol

As the adage goes, to be the champ, youve got to beat the champ. Good health to all on Buffalo and their fans tomorrow. A franchise I can say nothing negative about and normally would be rooting hard for them in this scenario.

Most times, the question is how do we stop the Chiefs. Teams don't and quite frankly cant. .

Few times over the last two seasons, how will the Chiefs stop a team?. Derrick Henry, the Niners rushing attack, etc. They just do. One team in 2 years has done whatever they wanted for a whole game. I'll take my chances with the home team.

Be well.

As the adage goes, to be the champ, youve got to beat the champ. Good health to all on Buffalo and their fans tomorrow. A franchise I can say nothing negative about and normally would be rooting hard for them in this scenario.

Most times, the question is how do we stop the Chiefs. Teams don't and quite frankly cant. .

Few times over the last two seasons, how will the Chiefs stop a team?. Derrick Henry, the Niners rushing attack, etc. They just do. One team in 2 years has done whatever they wanted for a whole game. I'll take my chances with the home team.

Be well.

As I said deep down I think kc probably wins and I would love to see mahomes vs Rodgers SB! The only thing that gives me pause about kc is I could envision them settling for a lot of Fgs vs bills and I absolutely think bills can score, I’d take this bills passing game to get points over the other teams you mentioned. I still think chiefs the better team but I don’t think they have consistently played like it this year which I think should be a little worrisome., I really can’t see myself betting a side in this one so just hoping for a good game and wish ya’ll luck.

No Watkins is a blow. They’ve clearly won without him but following all week it seemed almost certain he would play. Had a bad feeling when they called up Marcus Kemp from the PS last night.

Back