2013 Nba offseason news and notes

dwight should just throw a curveball and sign with the hawks

He should, then he can just fade into obscurity. He is, quite possibly, the most overrated player in the league right now.

Marc Stein@ESPNSteinLine<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">1m</small>
Word is teams that were pursuing restricted free agent big man appear to be dropping off in anticipation of Spurs & Splitter coming to terms

I cant wait to see who picks up bynum and how much they pay him..word is he is unwilling to workout for teams

I cant wait to see who picks up bynum and how much they pay him..word is he is unwilling to workout for teams

Andrew Bynum's refusal to work out for suitors doesn't make much sense

Andrew Bynum did not play a single second of basketball last season for the 76ers. He bowled, danced, got his hair done, and coerced the organization into dropping sixty grand on a fancy anti-gravity treadmill, but did not contribute a measly minute to the Sixers on-court endeavors.

When first signed last summer, Bynum was viewed, albeit briefly, as a potential Sixers savior - or at least as a centerpiece to their championship resurgence. Bynum, however, made it beyond clear that he was not interested in being the face of the franchise. Public perception of him continued to wane with each setback and “this is my life”-style sound bite.

At this point Sixers fans are keeping their collective fingers crossed, hoping that Hinkie lets Bynum walk this summer without sinking another cent into the center. That seems likely.

"Bynum is like the thousands of other young men walking around the world that are unrestricted free agents that have potential to play NBA basketball," Hinkie stated in a press conference. That doesn’t exactly sound like the stance of someone dying to bring Bynum back.

So assuming that Bynum’s seemingly laissez faire attitude has soured on the Sixers - and created questions league-wide about his motivation, drive and desire, along with the lingering injury issues surrounding him - one would think that the young man would be extremely eager to get out on the court and prove that he is still capable of the dominance he displayed in his final season in Los Angeles.

Well, one would be wrong. Bynum’s agent, David Lee, recently said that there are about a half dozen teams interested in his client’s services, but that the self-absorbed center would not work out for any of them.

Sure, an interested team can have access to his medical reports and MRI results. But when it comes to observing him doing what said team will potentially be paying him millions to do, no way.

Of course interested teams would want to give him a look, even though they know Bynum's last actual NBA action came in late May of 2012. It needs to be reiterated; he just missed an entire season due to injury issues. Is he really arrogant enough to expect a suitor to sink millions into him without seeing any signs of positive improvement in over a year?

Either Bynum is a big supporter of self-sabotage, or he is fearful that an actual workout will damage his market value more than it is already damaged. There is no other possible answer. Bynum has grown accustomed to collecting his checks without really working for the funds. It's a byproduct of being paid $16 million for a season to sit on the sideline. Maybe he fears that a workout will undermine this effort.

With the Sixers, the checks were going to keep coming whether he got himself out on the court or not, as the contract was signed. If a team works him out and sees that he is out of shape and still struggling through an injury issue, they are likely to lowball him and offer an incentive-laden contract, which would require him to work for more money. This hasn’t been Bynum's MO.

By refusing to work out, it seems that Bynum is hoping that some sap suitor with deep pockets will see his 2011-2012 statistics and make an offer based on them with no concern of current conditioning.

(Though you can’t fault him for trying, as this is basically how the Sixers handled the situation last summer.)

The circumstances surrounding Bynum have changed since then. Now his refusal to work out comes off as a counterproductive approach.

Injuries and attitude cost Bynum a max-deal that seemed certain early last summer. He still has an opportunity to cash in on big bucks this summer, as some team with financial freedom searching for a center will take a chance on him. But his refusal to work out for said suitors hurts his case. It may be viewed as another example of the offcourt immaturity to which the Sixers organization has grown all too accustomed.

Bynum will still get paid to play basketball next season, but it will be for substantially less than what was projected prior to the Sixers signing last summer. It’s safe to say that the 76ers are looking forward to a fresh start. But is Bynum? Only he knows.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...snt-make-much-sense-.html#HwoCRLSdDtVyKXu2.99

I was so happy to see him go from the Lakers. I wrote back then, that his health issues will be a major factor and it was the case.
Dwight though didn't do much better...

ESPN NBA - Suns acquire Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Clippers get J.J. Redick, Jared Dudley in 3-team trade - ESPN, media reports

ESPN NBA - Suns acquire Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Clippers get J.J. Redick, Jared Dudley in 3-team trade - ESPN, media reports

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--c...m-trade--suns-get-eric-bledsoe-220528890.html

The Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks have reached agreement on a three-team trade that will send J.J. Redick and Jared Dudley to L.A., league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Suns will receive Clippers point guard Eric Bledsoe and forward Caron Butler while the Bucks – who facilitated the deal with a sign-and-trade of Redick – get two second-round draft picks, sources said.
Redick received a four-year, $27 million contract that includes a trade kicker, sources said.

@WojYahooNBA: Dwight Howard is leaving California for a few days to mull his free agency choice, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Kyle korver will be a net soon.

Blatche resigned last night.

Blatche is trash. What they pay him?
U.can go get a hungry d leaguer or undrafted guy for min salary who can do more than blatche plus have a heart

If you think blatche is trash you clearly have not seen him in the past 12 months. He has improved tremendously. You're just talking out of your ass. And nobody cares about the payroll. The Russian has got it covered.

Talking out my ass??
Uh huh blatche is a bum..
Take off ur nets glasses son
every move they make ain't gold..

Talking out my ass??
Uh huh blatche is a bum..
Take off ur nets glasses son
every move they make ain't gold..

no glasses sir.

I actually know what I'm talking about. He isn't the same player he was on the wizards. Last summer he worked out with John Lucas. He stayed out of trouble last season and the coaching staff took a chance on him and he made sure they wouldn't be disappointed. Now he is trying to take on more of a leadership role. So no he is not a bum. And he's a very good resign.

no glasses sir.

I actually know what I'm talking about. He isn't the same player he was on the wizards. Last summer he worked out with John Lucas. He stayed out of trouble last season and the coaching staff took a chance on him and he made sure they wouldn't be disappointed. Now he is trying to take on more of a leadership role. So no he is not a bum. And he's a very good resign.

who could ever dispute this?

Nbafan88- I challenge u to a 1 on 1 hoops game to 21. Winners out. 1, 2 pt baskets.. loser leaves the forum..
Lol come use ur blachte game. Ill come to NJ. N bring the cameras.. date n time?

Nbafan88- I challenge u to a 1 on 1 hoops game to 21. Winners out. 1, 2 pt baskets.. loser leaves the forum..
Lol come use ur blachte game. Ill come to NJ. N bring the cameras.. date n time?

Ok I'll PM you my address. Keep a look out for it.

I don't get the hate for Blatche. For the money Nets paying, it's a steal I think.

Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein are reporting that the Pistons have offered Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva to the Raptors for Rudy Yag.

The Pistons are obviously interested in Yag, like most of the rest of the league, but the only way they'll move him for a deal like this is to get out from under his max contract. And both Stuckey and CV come with desirable expiring contracts. While the deal doesn't look great from a basketball standpoint, the financial impacts seem to make sense for both teams to be interested in getting this done.

Yahoo! Sports is reporting the Kings are offering G/F Andre Iguodala a four-year, $56 million deal.

It's not quite a max deal like we initially reported as a possibility, but it's a pretty big offer. At this point, it looks like Iguodala will likely be the starting SF for the Kings next season, while Tyreke Evans is likely to be playing in New Orleans. However, he's also still weighing offers from Denver, Detroit, Houston, Golden State and Atlanta.

Reddick is amazing signing for the Clippers. Really great shooter that can do other things as well.

Last edited:
problem with that deal for the Raps is they are still good enough to be in the 7-10 range and wouldn't have a great shot at MJ

Red dock is amazing signing for the Clippers. Really great shooter that can do other things as well.

Completely agree. He scares me anytime I think to bet against him. Good thing is he won't be able to backdoor any large spreads anymore with the last second meaningless three.

Kudos to boston for keeping that quiet..
would seem like the are keeping rondo with this move, cant imagine he would sign on without that assurance

I would have loved to have stevens instead of JKidd... im not sure how he is going to fair in the NBA but the players will play hard for him... thats pretty much a given

Great for Boston and although lots of people will probably hate stevens for doing it, he deserves the shot to prove himself in the association

This offseason has been insane already and dwight has still not been moved

Last edited:
a plane ride from pa to nj?

a true baller you are OM

you guys are HILARIOUS... like i would ever meet wade face to face :rofl:

Last edited:
The Celtics have hired now former Butler coach Brad Stevens to succeed Doc Rivers as the team's 17th head coach.
The club announced late this afternoon that it had come to an agreement with Stevens on a contract, the terms of which were not revealed. But according to a league source, Stevens will be signed for six years.
The 36-year-old compiled a 166-49 record in six seasons at Butler, guiding the school's program to the NCAA championship game twice. He leaves as Butler is moving from the Atlantic 10 to the Big East.
President of basketball operations Danny Ainge said he planned to take his time before hiring a new coach, but this move comes a little more than a week after the Celtics allowed Rivers out of his contract to sign with the Clippers, extracting a first round draft pick as compensation.
"Brad and I share a lot of the same values," said Ainge in a statement released by the team. "Though he is young, I see Brad as a great leader who leads with impeccable character and a strong work ethic. His teams always play hard and execute on both ends of the court. Brad is a coach who has already enjoyed lots of success, and I look forward to working with him towards Banner 18."
Stevens, who signed a 12-year contract with Butler in 2010, played collegiately at DePauw University, where he was a three-time Academic All-America. He went to Butler as coordinator of basketball operations. He took over as head coach in 2007 when Thad Matta left.
Stevens and his family will be introduced at a Friday morning press conference. - See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/celt...vens_is_new_celtic_coach#sthash.DQvZ6Okn.dpuf

Back