2013 Nba offseason news and notes

@WojYahooNBA: Andre Igoudala has reached agreement with Golden State on a four year, $48 million deal with the Warriors, league source tells Y! Sports.

Interesting move.

GS improves their team A LOT with this move getting Iggy on a very fair deal. Helps their defense a bunch and he can mop up whatever they need on a nightly basis on the other end.

This also means Dwight is going to Houston unless GS finds some kind of voodoo magic and is able to dump both Lee and Bogut (this is 100% impossible).

Coach Jackson is going to have to make a decision on the starting lineup. Iggy plays the 3 position where Harrison Barnes really excelled in down the stretch. I'm pretty sure Iggy will start, but Barnes will get some PT. Barnes will play the 2 and give Klay a break and also Iggy. Looks like we're going to be a small team. Play a lot of small ball. I wouldn't rule out any trades for the Warriors also.

That warriors team would be a phenomenal version of dwights best magic team if they could swap him out for bogut somehow

Barnes could play some 4 too if needed

thats gonna be a fun team to bet on at home again...

still dont like the signing though because theres hardly any veterans to keep dwight in check... and mark jackson would have been better for him

made the most sense basketball wise.

when is the last time the Lakers lost out on a big free agent?, times are changing

the lakers team is an awful situation for dwight though

sometimes its better to lose out of a big time FA

dwight is on the phone with his father right now because he cannot make the decision on his own :wacky:

he hopes to have his decision ready by tonight or tomorrow morning

FFS.

Wait until this MF'er retires. What's he going to do to keep himself in the news then? Get the fuck over yourself, Dwight. What a bitch.

[h=2]Rockets Roster[/h]
5James AndersonG-F6-621503/25/1989Oklahoma State/USA
3Omer AsikC7-025507/04/1986Fenerbahce S.K./Turkey
12Patrick BeverleyG6-118507/12/1988Arkansas/USA
Isaiah CanaanG6-119505/02/1991Murray State/USA
32Francisco Garcia (FA)G-F6-719512/31/1980Louisville/Dominican Republic
13James HardenG6-522008/26/1989Arizona State/USA
6Terrence JonesF6-925201/09/1992Kentucky/USA
7Jeremy LinG6-320008/23/1988Harvard/USA
20Donatas MotiejunasF-C7-022209/20/1990Asseco Prokom (Poland)/Lithuania
14Tim OhlbrechtC-F6-1125508/30/1988Skyliners Frankfurt (Germany)/West Germany
25Chandler ParsonsF6-922710/25/1988Florida/USA
41Thomas RobinsonF6-1023703/17/1991Kansas/USA
4Greg SmithC-F6-1025001/08/1991Fresno State/USA
30Royce WhiteF6-826004/10/1991Iowa State/USA

<tbody>
</tbody><caption class="title-sub">2013-14 Roster</caption><thead>
[TH="class: roster-num"]Num[/TH]
[TH="class: roster-player"]Player[/TH]
[TH="class: roster-pos"]Pos[/TH]
[TH="class: roster-ht"]Ht[/TH]
[TH="class: roster-wt"]Wt[/TH]
[TH="class: roster-dob"]DOB[/TH]
[TH="class: roster-prior to nba/country"]Prior to NBA/Country[/TH]
[TH="class: roster-yrs"]Yrs[/TH]

</thead><tbody>
[TD="class: yrs"]3[/TD]

[TD="class: yrs"]1[/TD]

[TD="class: yrs"]R[/TD]

[TD="class: yrs"]8[/TD]

[TD="class: yrs"]4[/TD]

[TD="class: yrs"]2[/TD]

[TD="class: yrs"]2[/TD]

</tbody>

Its official. Dwight has reported he is signing with Rox. Just remains to be seen if it will be Sign and Trade or outright as FA with Rox.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...-howard-mitch-kupchak-los-angeles-lakers-2013

Dwight Howard meeting Mitch Kupchak, according to report

By Drew Garrison on Jul 5 2013, 5:59p

The decision from Dwight Howard isn't official yet, and he's about to meet with the Lakers one more time.

Dwight Howard's decision to join the Houston Rockets has leaked out, but right now he's on an airplane flying from Colorado to Los Angeles to meet with Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kucphak, according to Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times.
Further, the Lakers have not been officially informed that Howard will not be returning to Los Angeles, reports Alex Kennedy of HOOPSWORLD. The extra money that he can earn with Los Angeles is still a factor that weighs heavily on him.
What is clear that Howard has informed the Golden State Warriors, Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks that they are no longer being considered.
There's no telling what can happen with another meeting between the Lakers and Howard. Howard could simply be meeting Kupchak face to face out of respect to inform him of his decision, the Lakers may have a final pitch to make or Howard may need to discuss the option of staying in L.A. further.
This isn't over yet. Not officially, at least.
- Drew

<button class="js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="margin: 0px; border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); position: relative; padding: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-shadow: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.498039) 0px 1px 1px; background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; -webkit-box-shadow: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.498039) 0px 1px 0px; box-shadow: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.498039) 0px 1px 0px; background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(221, 221, 221)); background-repeat: repeat no-repeat;"> Follow</button>

@AlexKennedyNBA

Dwight Howard is en route to L.A. now to meet with Lakers. I'm told the extra money that he could earn in L.A. is still weighing on Howard.

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px; right: 15px;">24m</small>
Yup. RT @mcten What's the hold up? "It's hard to walk away from $30 million," said source close to Dwight Howard. "Harder than we thought."

Dwight is such comedy. Still think he ends up in Houston.

ESPN NBA - Bucks reach agreement with G O.J. Mayo on 3-year deal worth $24 million; averaged 15.3 ppg for Mavericks last season

Chris Broussard@Chris_Broussard<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4m</small>
Source: D12 has landed in LA & told Lakers it's 50-50 btwn them and the Rockets. He's having 2nd thoughts about leaving $30 mill on table

LOL

Mark Medina@MarkG_Medina<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">5m</small>
Lakers caught by surprise that Dwight Howard's planning to see Mitch Kupchak once he lands in L.A. Said source: "That's news to Mitch."

LOL

Mark Medina@MarkG_Medina<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">5m</small>
Lakers caught by surprise that Dwight Howard's planning to see Mitch Kupchak once he lands in L.A. Said source: "That's news to Mitch."

Not sure Mark is accurate...

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">55m</small>
This meeting is the Lakers' last chance to persuade Dwight Howard to stay. Mitch Kupchak will be in attendance. Trying to find out who else.

Not sure I agree with this...someone found out Dwight said he was signing with Rox.

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">2m</small>
I know most of you are upset with Dwight Howard, but he didn't flip flop here. He never announced anything and he didn't inform HOU or L.A.

Here are some other Kennedy tweets...

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">3h</small>
As I said before, it's very possible that Dwight Howard picks HOU, as @sam_amick first reported. But his camp is adamant he hasn't decided.

Lakers Nation@LakersNation<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">3h</small>
The announcement hasn't been made, but the decision seemingly has. Just waiting on details now.

ESPN NBA - Mavericks reach agreement with PG Jose Calderon on 4-year, $28 million deal - ESPN and media reports

Chris Broussard@Chris_Broussard<small style="color: rgb(187, 187, 187); font-size: 12px; margin-top: 1px; float: right; position: relative;" class="time">4m</small>
Source: D12 has landed in LA & told Lakers it's 50-50 btwn them and the Rockets. He's having 2nd thoughts about leaving $30 mill on table

what a fucking POS he is. If I was LAL I would tell him to go fuck himself over that $30 million. I hope the fucker goes broke.

Ahhhh, the media at its finest. Until someone hears Dwight announce where he is headed (or staying), no one should believe a word.

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">50s</small>
It's Houston. Source close to Dwight Howard confirms that he'll join the Rockets. He'll inform the Lakers and make an official decision.

The media might be doing some harm but Howard is flip flopping between the two teams because of the money. Whether you think that's good or bad that's what's going on.

what a fucking POS he is. If I was LAL I would tell him to go fuck himself over that $30 million. I hope the fucker goes broke.

Yep. Also, wasn't it not about the money and only about a championship with Dwight? He did just recently say that, did he not? He's a fucking douche. Biggest douche in the NBA.

Wow ok then.

Sorry, just how I feel about him. I know you think he's a clown as well, I just chose the word douche because it's a bit more accurate in relation to the way this whole 'saga' is now playing out imo.

Back