2013 Nba offseason news and notes

Good for Boston I guess, but really bad for the Butler school. They were great with him leading the helm especially with recruiting. Not sure how they do now.

well, if Howard signs with someone other than Lakers or Rockets then maybe so

This was outta left field

I wonder if Stevens put out feelers that he was interested in a NBA job, or if Ainge started the dialogue. Either way it is a hell of a sales job by Ainge.

Bigger than where Howard signs?

If Howard signs with any team other than the rockets or warriors then it'll be big news. Problem is I don't think people care about him anymore.

Edit: didn't see braves post... I would be pretty shocked and dumbfounded if he stays in LA. It makes so much more sense if he goes to a team with good perimeter shooting like GS or Houston

Golden State seems like a longshot, because it would have to be a sign and trade, so a lot of moving pieces involved.

If Howard signs with any team other than the rockets or warriors then it'll be big news. Problem is I don't think people care about him anymore.

Edit: didn't see braves post... I would be pretty shocked and dumbfounded if he stays in LA. It makes so much more sense if he goes to a team with good perimeter shooting like GS or Houston

I don't think people ever really cared about Dwight. Maybe after the slam dunk contests where he wore the Superman tee, but I just think that most people think he's overrated and cares more about his perception than he does about basketball. He seems like he's just a big douche who is more interested in being funny and likeable than winning a title. He can say it's all about winning, but until he actually proves it through his actions then they are really just words.

and kobe is awesome if he said this.

When Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant spoke to Dwight Howard on Tuesday, his words to the free-agent center resounded an unmistakable and unflinching message: Let me teach you how to be a champion.

I don't think people ever really cared about Dwight. Maybe after the slam dunk contests where he wore the Superman tee, but I just think that most people think he's overrated and cares more about his perception than he does about basketball. He seems like he's just a big douche who is more interested in being funny and likeable than winning a title. He can say it's all about winning, but until he actually proves it through his actions then they are really just words.

This pretty much sums up Dwight....

http://frabz.com/2kud

lets say the Lakers and Boston are both lottery teams next year ( assuming Howard does not resign)

Hmm, wouldn't be shocking that somehow the ping pong ball went to one of those teams :searching:

Fixed. But yes. Kobe is the the closest player to Jordan since Jordan.

how did you fix that. let me

When Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant spoke to Dwight Howard on Tuesday, his words to the free-agent center resounded an unmistakable and unflinching message: Let me teach you how to be a champion, and not a whiny little fucker who has an oversized ego about himself and his talents.

how did you fix that. let me

When Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant spoke to Dwight Howard on Tuesday, his words to the free-agent center resounded an unmistakable and unflinching message: Let me teach you how to be a champion, and not a whiny little fucker who has an oversized ego about himself and his talents.

He was just saying that Kobe is awesome, whether or not he said that to Dwight.

lets say the Lakers and Boston are both lottery teams next year ( assuming Howard does not resign)

Hmm, wouldn't be shocking that somehow the ping pong ball went to one of those teams :searching:

Only one thing...Herr Stern is gone. Will the shenanigans continue with Silver at the helm? It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they did.

The Hawks and Kyle Korver agreed on a four-year, $24 million deal on Wednesday.

Korver getting even close to $6 million per year over four years is an increase from the $5 million he was paid last season. He earned it, shooting a ridiculous 45.7 percent from downtown last year and led the Eastern Conference in 3-point makes. The Hawks could be a little thinner in their rotation and Korver may have a shot to duplicate his production from last season.

Do people even care about Dwight Howard anymore? The guy was a phenomena at first and then we found out he was extremely one dimensional around the hoop, then we got all that drama out of Orlando and he's been a big fat turd in LA. I've moved on from this clown.

And for those keeping score at home, Blake "Kia" Griffin is following the same path as Howard. BUT, Griffin has yet to be a problem or drama queen to date and he may never be one. Make no mistake their "game" is the same, though, which was more to my point.

Sources close to Howard tell me Kobe's reported pitch in Tuesday's meeting about teaching D12 how to win will be a "complete turnoff" to D12

Of course lol.

Pretty much perfectly put. The funniest part is that he is saying its all about wanting to win a title. Yet he is going to leave a team that has proven time and time again that they can put players that want a title in the position to win one. He is also not willing to take the advice of this generations biggest winner.

As a Lakers fan I really hope Dwight walks to be honest. Just sets up a big run at some guys in 2014 and possibly a high draft pick in a stacked draft.

Of course you would hope he walks. Why ANY team wants him other then to make a media splash is beyond me. People say that he is the best center in the league but who the fuck cares? There's a reason they removed the position from the all star team. It's not the same league as 10 years ago

The only thing Dwight backers can argue is that he hasn't been fully healthy for a couple seasons and he can only be better now.

He needs to be on a team with good perimeter shooting and a good coach.

Two things the lakers do not have.

Of course you would hope he walks. Why ANY team wants him other then to make a media splash is beyond me. People say that he is the best center in the league but who the fuck cares? There's a reason they removed the position from the all star team. It's not the same league as 10 years ago

size still matters, just look at the Pacers, Grizz...There isn't the back to basket post player anymore, but size is important,

Whether or not you want to build a team around Dwight is debatable. I think almost every team would take Dwight and pay him max if they could

Yup size is the trump card in the NBA. A great big man still can not be defended against.

size still matters, just look at the Pacers, Grizz...There isn't the back to basket post player anymore, but size is important,

Whether or not you want to build a team around Dwight is debatable. I think almost every team would take Dwight and pay him max if they could

Size matters. But the position has transformed. Centers are a lot more versatile now. Dwight is not versatile. He has definitely expanded his game from his early years in Orlando but still needs to be better. Also his 50% free throw shooting needs to be remedied. That's more important than anything else IMO. That right there loses at least 5 games a season I think

Dwight should just start his own team

He should, and they can play against the Globetrotters. He can wear his clown outfits and break dance on the floor during games. The fans will love it (and him) and he won't have any of the pressure of actually winning something meaningful. It's a win/win.

Back