Women Football. In Pads, ESPN2

I've been watching for 20 minutes & so far it's absolutely awful. Can't throw, can't kick & can't tackle. Nice that they have a women's league I guess, but it has no business being on TV. I looked up the league & it shows that the Boston team is 8-0 with a point differential of 494-63, while St. Louis is also 8-0 with 312 points scored & 47 allowed. Not only is that more like Georgia or Alabama's point differential in out of conference games vs FCS & MAC teams, but that also means these teams are the elite women's teams & it's not even close. Imagine what the other teams skill level looks like. I honestly don't begrudge women having their own leagues in any & all sports, but some are so inferior that it's cringe worthy.

Teams kickoff from the 50 & even with that advantage they can't get it inside the 20 on a kick.

I've been watching for 20 minutes & so far it's absolutely awful. Can't throw, can't kick & can't tackle. Nice that they have a women's league I guess, but it has no business being on TV. I looked up the league & it shows that the Boston team is 8-0 with a point differential of 494-63, while St. Louis is also 8-0 with 312 points scored & 47 allowed. Not only is that more like Georgia or Alabama's point differential in out of conference games vs FCS & MAC teams, but that also means these teams are the elite women's teams & it's not even close. Imagine what the other teams skill level looks like. I honestly don't begrudge women having their own leagues in any & all sports, but some are so inferior that it's cringe worthy.
Excellent post and perfect synapsis

In all fairness, it's not just women's sports where ESPN goes off the rails. I've seen ax throwing, air hockey, kickball, cornhole & video game championships on ESPN 2 in the past. I guess it's kind of interesting as a one off viewing opportunity, but hopefully this won't become the norm. What I really dislike about ESPN is that they continue to try & shove the WNBA down our throats, when it's been apparent almost from the league's start that very few people, including most women, don't believe it's a quality product. It's pretty clear they know they can't even compete with barbeques, camping trips, & people just sitting on their porches on weekends during the summer. They have Wednesday & Thursday afternoon games in cities like Indianapolis, Minneapolis & Hartford. Who's going to those games?

In all fairness, it's not just women's sports where ESPN goes off the rails. I've seen ax throwing, air hockey, kickball, cornhole & video game championships on ESPN 2 in the past. I guess it's kind of interesting as a one off viewing opportunity, but hopefully this won't become the norm. What I really dislike about ESPN is that they continue to try & shove the WNBA down our throats, when it's been apparent almost from the league's start that very few people, including most women, don't believe it's a quality product. It's pretty clear they know they can't even compete with barbeques, camping trips, & people just sitting on their porches on weekends during the summer. They have Wednesday & Thursday afternoon games in cities like Indianapolis, Minneapolis & Hartford. Who's going to those games?
I happened upon Teque Ball (sp) that was on right before.
It’s like ping pong with a soccer ball

How funny as I thought I was the only one watching that yesterday haha. I only lasted about five minutes as I turned it off after that RB scored like Rudy huxtable from the Cosby show. The other day I found myself watching the pogo stick championships…cfb can’t get here fast enough!

Yeah I lasted 1 play. What astonished me was there was a shot of the stands and there was literally no one. Not one person. Usually you see some folks scattered.

I lasted a little longer with Slam Ball but not watch.

I missed it. I have watched some WFA highlights and was entertained. I think running is more entertaining than passing in any league so I have that bias.

I enjoy High School football more than NFL by a mile and the talent disparity is huge. The product is better though. I am not saying that is the case with the women's football but I wouldn't mind watching it at all. I also enjoy women's tennis more than men's tennis as a product despite the fact the 200th best male would destroy the best woman.

I missed it. I have watched some WFA highlights and was entertained. I think running is more entertaining than passing in any league so I have that bias.

I enjoy High School football more than NFL by a mile and the talent disparity is huge. The product is better though. I am not saying that is the case with the women's football but I wouldn't mind watching it at all. I also enjoy women's tennis more than men's tennis as a product despite the fact the 200th best male would destroy the best woman.
there's a lot of sports I prefer to watch the women - tennis, volleyball, soccer, college softball, Olympic sports, etc. Exceptions are WNBA and now this lol.

Beyond. And I hate Thursday games.

I don’t understand why they can’t work it out to where teams off bye play that game? I’ve always thought it was beyond ignorant having them play on 3 days rest. It cuts the bye a little short but then they get a second longer break, if they gotta have that game it seems like best solution to me.

Back