Wednesday NBA Plays

raems

Pretty much a regular
115-96, +44.39

Cavs up 52-30 with 31 minutes of basketball left, Melo out for the game, and they can't win OR crack 100. Them's the breaks sometimes.

Hornets +110 ML risking 5 units

Have had different kinds of wagers on a particular team in one game totaling or exceeding this amount, but haven't had a single play this big in NBA ytd and don't expect another afterward. Needless to say I like this play a good amount.

The Lakers are a completely mediocre team. I don't particularly care to argue whether or not they make the playoffs, the point is even that argument boils down to aesthetics and nothing more. You're either talking about a 41 win team that doesn't make the playoffs, or you're talking about a 45 win team that wins 1 playoff game in total, either way it's much ado about nothing. My point is that the Lakers continue to be overvalued, and find themselves in a rough spot tonight.

Kobe played 39 mins, Nash played 35 mins, and Dwight played 37 mins last night. Kobe's shooting arm was hurt early and he stayed in, Dwight's shoulder flared up again early and he stayed in, and Nash has a bad back and has to take off the mummy wrap before every game as is. The game in OKC last night was pretty close down the stretch then LA just unraveled, so a lot of energy was definitely exerted last night. Now they go to New Orleans to play a "bad" team, tired off a tough national tv game last night against the team that eliminated them from the playoffs last year.

On the other hand you have New Orleans. This team is getting Gordon healthier and healthier every night, and Davis got to shake the rust off the other night against Orlando. Vasquez, Gordon, Davis, and Anderson is a decent bunch, and needless to say they're MUCH MUCH better coached than the Lakers are. So you have a young team that has played one game in the last 6 nights, rested, at home, off a straight up loss as a 9 point home favorite, playing this Laker team in its current form on a road b2b. This line is like a brand new Mercedes that should really cost 50,000 but that emblem alone bumps the price up to 70,000, gotta pay that extra premium to back the Lakers tonight. Fair line on the ML would be Lakers +165 IMO, getting about 5 free points on the Hornets tonight due to the inflation alone.

GL tonight, guys. Will probably not have much else.

Cleveland Monday and Hornets yesterday bummed me out some, I'm calling it a year for this NBA regular season. Will still post thoughts daily and will get back into it during the playoffs.

Back