NBA Trade Deadline Thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, we are just over 3 weeks away from an always fascinating part if the NBA Calendar, the trade deadline.

I am firing this up now because I saw that Philadelphia rejected another offer for Simmons possibly... this one from the boys of Motown. Good lord, thank you Philadelphia. The last thing I want to see is Ben Simmons on my team. That would be terrible for the rebuild. How would he even fit on a team with Cade as is? They offered Bey, Grant, big white guy and a 1st round pick. Was that a huge ransom? No, not in relation to what others have reportedly offered but still a bit too much for a borderline all-star.

So, do we think Simmons actually gets traded? Will Philly cave and go with the best offer? At some point they need to realize that they are WAY overvaluing this guy. He cannot shoot, is terrible at the line and frankly has never had the heart that one would want from a franchise player(using this term loosely).

Moving on... do the Nets move Kyrie? I say that, because once the playoffs come this will be an issue. This is a very difficult thing here as he has fit right back in with the team well so far. He is SO key to this team being the favorite to win the East. Once Durant returns, I believe it will be less than 5 games where the big 3 can all play together. Interesting dilemas here.

The Lakers obviously are hot garbage this year. Trader Bron has to be up to something, but what can they realistically get? Obviously they will dump Brodie if they can. I don't see how they can add anything of note to get to a championship level.

Dame is out for a considerable amount of time so that likely takes away one of the bigger potential guys on the block.

Some teams not living up to expectations so far. Do you make a move? I'm looking at you Boston. It might be time to blow it up.

A team like Dallas is mucking along 5th in the West. They have a superstar player and some okay parts. Are they looking to make a move?

A lot of teams will be dumping salary, no doubt.

Zion? Anything.

Discuss....

Locally trading Jalen Smith has been a thing but with Ayton injury situation, I just don't see a reason for it

Happy as is

Really the best offseason move the Suns made was using the 29th pick for Landry Shamet

Philly isn’t going to get what they want for Simmons and I don’t think they cave and prob wait till draft time to move him. Kyrie won’t move either, nor will Dame. Dame still says he wants to stay and hasn’t asked out. I think the kings will be active. Looking to trade barnes, Bagley, Hield, possibly fox. Lakers and Knicks will Obv do something. Still see Knicks ending up w fox or Brunson somehow. I think Dallas looks to move Brunson bc they won’t pay him this offseason and they’d like to get rid of KP if they can find a deal.

Zion value is at its lowest now bc there’s a mystery around his injury and the kind of shape he’s in. Their best bet is get him healthy let him show he’s the same explosive athlete and move him after the year or next years deadline imo bc he’s not gonna stay there

Philly isn’t going to get what they want for Simmons and I don’t think they cave and prob wait till draft time to move him. Kyrie won’t move either, nor will Dame. Dame still says he wants to stay and hasn’t asked out. I think the kings will be active. Looking to trade barnes, Bagley, Hield, possibly fox. Lakers and Knicks will Obv do something. Still see Knicks ending up w fox or Brunson somehow. I think Dallas looks to move Brunson bc they won’t pay him this offseason and they’d like to get rid of KP if they can find a deal.

Zion value is at its lowest now bc there’s a mystery around his injury and the kind of shape he’s in. Their best bet is get him healthy let him show he’s the same explosive athlete and move him after the year or next years deadline imo bc he’s not gonna stay there
Kinda makes me think bringing a guy who likes to eat to NO is a losing proposition

Kinda makes me think bringing a guy who likes to eat to NO is a losing proposition
Kinda makes me think the organization is a problem. Lol. They had jrue. AD. Randle. Lonzo. Now Ingram and Zion. Who else that they will end up having to get rid of?

Kinda makes me think the organization is a problem. Lol. They had jrue. AD. Randle. Lonzo. Now Ingram and Zion. Who else that they will end up having to get rid of?
I blame it on Tom Benson constantly going for a win now approach before he passed. Too many bad contracts and never wanted to develop picks, just made Dell trade picks to acquire players. Some worked out (Jrue ended up being a steal), most didn’t. Also getting rid of coaches unnecessarily - Monty and Gentry got axed for no reason.

Gayle Benson seems to have taken a more serious approach but it looks like David Griffin is not the right fit

I blame it on Tom Benson constantly going for a win now approach before he passed. Too many bad contracts and never wanted to develop picks, just made Dell trade picks to acquire players. Some worked out (Jrue ended up being a steal), most didn’t. Also getting rid of coaches unnecessarily - Monty and Gentry got axed for no reason.

Gayle Benson seems to have taken a more serious approach but it looks like David Griffin is not the right fit
I find it nuts that Griffin and Gentry were here and it's like we swapped them out for Monty...a strange PHX/NO connection. And Monty could have taken Lakers but chose the Suns instead which perplexed me at the time, but to my delight.

I find it nuts that Griffin and Gentry were here and it's like we swapped them out for Monty...a strange PHX/NO connection. And Monty could have taken Lakers but chose the Suns instead which perplexed me at the time, but to my delight.
Doesn’t want to deal with divas and actually coach players who want to be coached probably

Reactions: KJ

What you think it takes for NYK to get Fox?

What you think it takes for NYK to get Fox?
Begs the question that was asked on draft night, do the Kings remotely have a plan?

It probably takes less than it should because the group you're dealing with is incompetent (well, two way street hehe)

Begs the question that was asked on draft night, do the Kings remotely have a plan?

It probably takes less than it should because the group you're dealing with is incompetent (well, two way street hehe)
No. They don’t. They wanted to move Hield and he’s still there so they have Hield, Haliburton, fox, and Mitchell. A crowded backcourt. They dislike Bagley, not sure why, I’d take him, but at least Walton is gone but gentry an awful fit w that roster

Is Philly gonna trade this Mfer or just continuing wasting Embid? I mean does it even matter they won’t get equal value? Just get some kind of 3 and d guy. Anything,,hell. Dumb asses shoulda did it years ago, dunno why they ever thought it work with those 2 together? Not like they didn’t know Simmons had no work ethic so was never gonna develop any kinda shot!!

Heavy rumors circulating Knicks are going to make a hard push at Zion before the deadline, want to reunite RJ, Zion, reddish. Not sure it’s the wisest move, unless pels are desperate to move him, which they shouldn’t be bc if they choose to go that route they have time and his value would be low rn w not being on court, but my Knicks are an absolute disaster rn. This core doesn’t have the same toughness of last years team. There is no excuse to be down dd in your building to minny and NO, and having to get down damn near 30 before showing up. They made hometown kid Jose Alvarado look like a freakin all star tonight. Absolutely embarrassing

It's just weird, they weren't a good unit in college really considering the talent
It’s so hard in college now tho. You had 3 guys all trying to get the bag and be THE guy, and put up numbers, plus it was only 1 year. I think it would be different in nba, where so far Zion has been dominant when on the floor, RJ has by far been most durable and well rounded, and cam has yet to really find himself w limited opportunity in ATL but had some big games when he got minutes lately

It’s so hard in college now tho. You had 3 guys all trying to get the bag and be THE guy, and put up numbers, plus it was only 1 year. I think it would be different in nba, where so far Zion has been dominant when on the floor, RJ has by far been most durable and well rounded, and cam has yet to really find himself w limited opportunity in ATL but had some big games when he got minutes lately
Thought Zion was soft at his size going to the bucket, getting boards, etc...now he's 30 lbs more soft. He's a worse version of Derrick Coleman.

Thought Zion was soft at his size going to the bucket, getting boards, etc...now he's 30 lbs more soft. He's a worse version of Derrick Coleman.
The weight does concern me bc he had the knee, now the foot, and as skilled as he is, his game is still based off his explosiveness and power

Would love to see the Knicks palm plant the floor Woj style on a key possession on defense, would be worth everything

Man I don’t know about soft going to the bucket. There was times last year where he was unstoppable
I've never seen him go hard against someone of his size, then even worse if it came to competing for a rebound

There was a game during Point Zion where he took the ball up the court and to the hole. Every. Time.

He’s a talent. For real. I’d love to see him in post season someday. It’s just getting the drive and the body…. Not sure he has it.

There was a game during Point Zion where he took the ball up the court and to the hole. Every. Time.

He’s a talent. For real. I’d love to see him in post season someday. It’s just getting the drive and the body…. Not sure he has it.

He clearly don’t give fuck, hate when Uber talented are like that. Pretty rare a guy finds drive and motivation once he set for life. Mfer rather lift cheeseburgers, pizzas, and 2 litters of coke a cola than get in gym and lift a weight.

He clearly don’t give fuck, hate when Uber talented are like that. Pretty rare a guy finds drive and motivation once he set for life. Mfer rather lift cheeseburgers, pizzas, and 2 litters of coke a cola than get in gym and lift a weight.
Be a great question really for anyone in our lives

Set for life, who still gives a fuck about competition? Some want to win at all costs, some think they already have

Be a great question really for anyone in our lives

Set for life, who still gives a fuck about competition? Some want to win at all costs, some think they already have

For sure. I’ve often posed the same question to myself. I think I woulda been good the 1st contract but once I got little older and got another max it be 4:30!! I used to actually enjoy being a beast in the gym. I also love to party tho!! Lol

To Sactown
Sabonis
Ju Holiday
Lamb

To Indiana
Haliburton
T Thompson
Bud Hield

Gotta be another shoe to drop in Sactown, lots of guys used to minutes, not that many minutes. Sabonis (33 mpg), Bagley (22), Holmes (24), Barnes (34), Holiday (30), Harkless (20), Metu (21), Jones (17).....that's about 200 minutes that now only had 144 minutes available.

Wonder if this means Turner is staying in Indy?

Shoes still in the air:

- Philly - Simmons. Do you really waste an MVP year from Embiid like this?
- Brooklyn - Harden. Either he wants out or he just wants Kyrie full-time and Durant back.
- Toronto - Are they hunting a big man to run with their 40 minute guys?
- Charlotte - Are they looking to upgrade from Plumlee's mediocrity?
- Washington - now that Beal is done they need to unclog their 5 position.
- Knicks - Never know with them but they have a bloated guard situation
- Detroit - Grant. They need to move him before teams realize what a lousy shot he is.
- Orlando - They have a mishmash of pieces to sell and Fultz and Isaac still threatening to return. If they sit still then those two aren't playing this year.

- Golden State - lots of depth to trade for a quality big
- Dallas - same as Golden State, could also use a sharpshooter to replace Hardaman
- Denver - could really use a 2nd scoring option, surprised they couldn't do something for McCollum
- Lakers - they need something but they have limited pieces to trade. What an albatross Westbrook has become.
- San Antonio - White, Poetl and Young all available
- Sacto - just bloated with bigs
- OKC - they'd love to sell but who wants their bigs? Yuck
- Houston - Gordon likely to go, not sure about Wood

Shoes still in the air:

- Philly - Simmons. Do you really waste an MVP year from Embiid like this?
- Brooklyn - Harden. Either he wants out or he just wants Kyrie full-time and Durant back.
- Toronto - Are they hunting a big man to run with their 40 minute guys?
- Charlotte - Are they looking to upgrade from Plumlee's mediocrity?
- Washington - now that Beal is done they need to unclog their 5 position.
- Knicks - Never know with them but they have a bloated guard situation
- Detroit - Grant. They need to move him before teams realize what a lousy shot he is.
- Orlando - They have a mishmash of pieces to sell and Fultz and Isaac still threatening to return. If they sit still then those two aren't playing this year.

- Golden State - lots of depth to trade for a quality big
- Dallas - same as Golden State, could also use a sharpshooter to replace Hardaman
- Denver - could really use a 2nd scoring option, surprised they couldn't do something for McCollum
- Lakers - they need something but they have limited pieces to trade. What an albatross Westbrook has become.
- San Antonio - White, Poetl and Young all available
- Sacto - just bloated with bigs
- OKC - they'd love to sell but who wants their bigs? Yuck
- Houston - Gordon likely to go, not sure about Wood
Only Phx talk locally is possibly adding a shooter, fortunately made it through the bigs injury/covid situation relatively unscathed

Gotta kind of like this for the Pels right? Jax at the 4 seems to be kinda working. Herb looks great. CJ can’t hurt

To Sactown
Sabonis
Ju Holiday
Lamb

To Indiana
Haliburton
T Thompson
Bud Hield

Gotta be another shoe to drop in Sactown, lots of guys used to minutes, not that many minutes. Sabonis (33 mpg), Bagley (22), Holmes (24), Barnes (34), Holiday (30), Harkless (20), Metu (21), Jones (17).....that's about 200 minutes that now only had 144 minutes available.

Wonder if this means Turner is staying in Indy?
Lol. Kings in a perpetual rebuild

• Haha
I don’t really understand what them or pacers doing? I have to look closer at everything tonight.
Like the move for the Pacers, Sabonis was obviously going somewhere which opens things up for Turner. Guessing Buddy might still get traded again.

Clearly Kings have no direction but what's new? Didn't really think Fox, Haliburton and Mitchell could all coexist anyway and maybe they still trade again too. I know Lakers have interest in Lamb and still probably interested in Buddy too. Next couple days might be crazy.

Last edited:
Like the move for the Pacers, Sabonis was obviously going somewhere which opens things up for Turner. Guessing Buddy might still get traded again.

Clearly Kings have not direction but what's new? Didn't really think Fox, Haliburton and Mitchell could all coexist anyway and maybe they still trade again too. I know Lakers have interest in Lamb and still probably interested in Buddy too. Next couple days might be crazy.

If Lakers had any sense they woulda got buddy instead of westbrick in offseason. That was on bron from what I understand. Shouldn’t let players play gm!! I know it had worked in past for bron but more cause of his ability to carry teams than his ability to put them together!!

Back