NBA Trade Deadline Thread...

Tend to agree. This hurts Maxey's development too, I don't think he's a great spot up shooter, he seems to need the ball to create. Harden will hog it now though. Maxey's usage will drop and his shooting will likely go with it.

They pretty much have to play Thybulle 30 minutes each night to have a guy who's comfortable as an ultra low usage defender.

Unfortunately I think you spot on, Maxey been shooting it way better than I thought he would but I agree I think it comes with having the ball in his hands and his ability to get into the lane which his real strength. As you said now harden will dominate the ball and relegate Maxey to standing around w everyone else watching his chubby ass dribble for 14 seconds. Man I hate that dude, always have, him and Westbrook might go about it differently but both their games boil down to the same thing, the opposite of winning basketball.

Shams just lobs incomplete trades out there but looks like Wiz get Porzingis and Mavs get Dinwiddie

Don't think either team got better or worse, just different

I think nets could potentially be much better, just depends what Simmons they get. This 1st time since bringing harden on I thought they could actually win it all. Certainly not saying they will, just that I never believed they had a chance w harden who a couple cup cakes away from fat camp.

Shams just lobs incomplete trades out there but looks like Wiz get Porzingis and Mavs get Dinwiddie

Certainly can’t blame mavs for getting rid of porzingas, he proven way too unreliable. Not sure dinwiddle makes a ton of sense for them tho?

I think nets could potentially be much better, just depends what Simmons they get. This 1st time since bringing harden on I thought they could actually win it all. Certainly not saying they will, just that I never believed they had a chance w harden who a couple cup cakes away from fat camp.

Don't think Simmons will ever be 'right' mentally, dude took a hit from everyone and is currently recognized as the league's biggest pussy.

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to where Kyrie's head is at.

So the Nots got a pair of flakey dudes in the back-court. Basketball ain't the number 1 agenda right now for these ladies.

Said it a couple of seasons ago when this Harden to Philly was all speculation but Jimmy and Embiid together may not win a 'ship but it's gonna be fun-fun.

Aside from the inclusion of Drum, I appreciate the trade.

No Nike pressure in the Delph. Jimmy (Adidas) with KD (Nike) and Flat Earth (Nike) was never gonna work.

Shoe companies the 'quiet' partner that secretly runs the league.

The context if you don't know the meme...

Don't think Simmons will ever be 'right' mentally, dude took a hit from everyone and is currently recognized as the league's biggest pussy.

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to where Kyrie's head is at.

So the Nots got a pair of flakey dudes in the back-court. Basketball ain't the number 1 agenda right now for these ladies.

Said it a couple of seasons ago when this Harden to Philly was all speculation but Jimmy and Embiid together may not win a 'ship but it's gonna be fun-fun.

Aside from the inclusion of Drum, I appreciate the trade.

No Nike pressure in the Delph. Jimmy (Adidas) with KD (Nike) and Flat Earth (Nike) was never gonna work.

Shoe companies the 'quiet' partner that secretly runs the league.

Honestly if Simmons Is right I’m not sure they need kyrie. Of course you could be right bout him never being right, I have no idea, he certainly don’t strike me as mentally tough. Hell he could come back and be playing great then get involved in a series with Philly (wouldn’t that be great!) And come freaking unglued as the Philly fans give it to him!! Just on paper what I think both teams could be assuming everyone is their best I like what nets look like way more now.

Do we know harden healthy? I know he been dogging it lately to get his way cause that the kinda bum he is, so maybe he fine but he damn sure not in great shape and his herky jerky game carrying extra weight will always have him in danger of another hammy. Don’t think this good at all for Maxey, I’ve never seen harden play with a big with much of any offensive talent so I dunno how him and embid will look together? it certainly interesting. Maybe I just don’t like it cause I like Maxey and embid but can’t stand harden and don’t want anyone carrying him to a ring! Don’t think he can win but jo jo certainly can if healthy!

My only hope for Simmons is he should be way happier, getting around Durant might help (if they can keep him away from kyrie who I’m sure a terrible influence!) the fact there won’t be anyone in the paint should help him play his game around the rim. The way nets gonna be able to space floor and let him play 2 man game with kd could lead to him finishing at the rim a ton! All a sudden nets shouldn’t be below average defensively either. It does all rest on a dude that might never be right tho so who knows, I just think the potential there with or without kyrie.

No matter how it all shakes out think I picked a really good year to follow nba regular season, it all pretty exciting!! Lol

Yea I just looked. I remember seeing nets around +270 but think that was before the slide of last few weeks. You know what them and Philly were before the trade today? I assume Philly had to move up even if I hate harden cause he still a addition of talent.
Before the trade the futures for both teams were:

Brooklyn Nets: +325 (bet $10 to win $42.50 total)
Philadelphia 76ers: +1200 (bet $10 to win $130 total)

Before the trade the futures for both teams were:

Brooklyn Nets: +325 (bet $10 to win $42.50 total)
Philadelphia 76ers: +1200 (bet $10 to win $130 total)

Crazy I think there more value in nets now, still not interested in playing them as the favs but i do think their chances better today. Like I’ve said I got no clue wtf Simmons will look like, just thought it was insane nets were favs all year cause I didn’t think they had any chance, Simmons right is way better fit imo, Of course my feelings about harden aside he should fit way better with embid, kinda feel like moving from +1200 to +700 a bit much tho.

Crazy I think there more value in nets now, still not interested in playing them as the favs but i do think their chances better today. Like I’ve said I got no clue wtf Simmons will look like, just thought it was insane nets were favs all year cause I didn’t think they had any chance, Simmons right is way better fit imo, Of course my feelings about harden aside he should fit way better with embid, kinda feel like moving from +1200 to +700 a bit much tho.
I know you like it for the Nets, I do not lol

Not shocked to see their odds get worse, still a gong show

I know you like it for the Nets, I do not lol

Not shocked to see their odds get worse, still a gong show

I mean I thought they were insanely overvalued all year (ever since they threw those guys together really) so odds moving back makes sense, especially since they added another huge question mark giving them 2 the biggest head cases in the league! Lol. I’m only looking at them assuming Simmons returns to same guy, just a way better fit than harden ever was imo. Not arguing it still a clown show, they just now a clown show that pieces make more sense to me, lol.

Reactions: KJ
I’m sick of everyone on tv talking bout sixers and nets now, I wanna hear them talk bout the smaller trades! Lol

I’m sick of everyone on tv talking bout sixers and nets now, I wanna hear them talk bout the smaller trades! Lol
Still can't figure out if the Suns got Torrey Craig or not, saw either Shams or Woj say they were sending Jalen Smith and a 2nd to Indiana but can't find it yet

I know Phx gave Wash absolutely nothing for Aaron Holiday who I didn't even realize was in the league

Still can't figure out if the Suns got Torrey Craig or not, saw either Shams or Woj say they were sending Jalen Smith and a 2nd to Indiana but can't find it yet

I know Phx gave Wash absolutely nothing for Aaron Holiday who I didn't even realize was in the league

I’m on bleacher report now trying to read them all and figure out who went where. Lol.

Last thing bout nets, I just saw what they have basically given up the last 2 years for what is now Simmons, curry, Drummond. Spoiler alert, it was a ton!! Jerret Allen, levert, 3 1st rounders and 4 other swap rights, think they overpaid!! Think they woulda been way better off never getting involved with harden, guess they can thank kyrie for that also. Lol.

• Haha

I saw that as official.

Nets have been and WILL be overvalued in the futures market.

They could be the 8th seed and that number will be below 1000.

The Wizards received cash from the Suns and created a small trade exception in their trade of Aaron Holiday to Phoenix, sources said.
I've seen that the Suns used an exception based on Saric not playing and the cash involved is basically paying the remainder of Holiday's salary this year. So hard to keep up.

Dinwiddie to the Mavs is gonna further fuck that Dallas chemistry.

It's becoming no secret that the dude is a grade A asshole, fitting he's named Spencer.

nash denying the hardon trade all along. it's so stupid when players and coaches deny things that are on the table or in the works. just say no comment or i don't have any control over it. if you deny it, you're just going to look like a lying jackass because it's obviously going to happen.

Dinwiddie to the Mavs is gonna further fuck that Dallas chemistry.

It's becoming no secret that the dude is a grade A asshole, fitting he's named Spencer.

Makes no sense fit wise either. Gotta believe they really wanted to move porzingas and there wernt any takers.

nash denying the hardon trade all along. it's so stupid when players and coaches deny things that are on the table or in the works. just say no comment or i don't have any control over it. if you deny it, you're just going to look like a lying jackass because it's obviously going to happen.

I think it pretty much excepted/expected. It just as much on the media, they the ones asking questions everyone knows they not gonna be honest about.

The Wizards received cash from the Suns and created a small trade exception in their trade of Aaron Holiday to Phoenix, sources said.

My head hurts reading bout which team gets a pick, which pick protected, what year they swap, trade exceptions, mid level exceptions, cap relief in 2028!! (I exaggerated the last one). Shit confusing and I don’t care, just wanted to know which players went where, lol.

I think it pretty much excepted/expected. It just as much on the media, they the ones asking questions everyone knows they not gonna be honest about.
it's something that everyone will know about in a matter of days though...at least just do a marshawn lynch.

it's something that everyone will know about in a matter of days though...at least just do a marshawn lynch.

Just don’t think they being put in a fair position, there no guarantees shit gonna work out. better for coach to act oblivious then be stuck with a player he said publicly he wants to get rid of. Kinda like Flores when being asked bout watson, of course he wanted watson, he didn’t want them to draft Tua, but he can’t say that while Tua was his qb. If I ask somebody a question I know they can’t give me a honest answer for I’m not blaming them for lying, it my own fault.

As a coach if ya never cop to it when it falls thru you can claim ignorance, or act like the gm lied to you or you fought to keep player! Lol

Anyone ever ask ya how a bachelor party went while your old lady was standing next to ya? Most likely the answer be way different than if she wasn’t around! Not to mention the look you gonna give the asshole who asked that shit!

Jimmy still has miles, he’s sat a ton the past few seasons.

Maxey, Jim, Thybulle, Toby and Jolene.

Not a bad starting 5.

Miles? I think he'll be determined to get a new deal after next season and will go all out for that. So you'll be getting peak Jimmy. But he's fat, slow, and already the rules this year have frustrated him. He's not going to be in the league in 5 years and years 3-5 could be cringe.

Tend to agree. This hurts Maxey's development too, I don't think he's a great spot up shooter, he seems to need the ball to create. Harden will hog it now though. Maxey's usage will drop and his shooting will likely go with it.

They pretty much have to play Thybulle 30 minutes each night to have a guy who's comfortable as an ultra low usage defender.

I think Harden led teams are easy to defend and thus why they tend to collapse in the playoffs.

As a Sixers fan, I'm way more concerned about Glenn Rivers than Jimmy Harden.

Window is only about 3 seasons in Philly anyway before the Fat Embiid era takes hold.

As a Sixers fan, I'm way more concerned about Glenn Rivers than Jimmy Harden.

Window is only about 3 seasons in Philly anyway before the Fat Embiid era takes hold.

Far embid won’t be nearly as bad as paying fat harden 50 mil + a season when he 35-36-37 and really out of shape!!

Back