NBA Trade Deadline Thread...

Dame is a wild card but the CJ trade might be the last straw he needed to finally ask out.

Knicks pipe dream of fox all but gone now. Brunson will cost a kings ransom now. I fear they do something dumb out of panic. If anything sell off spare parts, Noel, Burks, Kemba, etc

Dame is a wild card but the CJ trade might be the last straw he needed to finally ask out.

Knicks pipe dream of fox all but gone now. Brunson will cost a kings ransom now. I fear they do something dumb out of panic. If anything sell off spare parts, Noel, Burks, Kemba, etc

I doubt CJ was keeping dame there, unless they super tight or something? not like his game was helping dame win anything. I assumed they asked dame if he was ok with it unless they know he wanted out anyways.

I doubt CJ was keeping dame there, unless they super tight or something? not like his game was helping dame win anything. I assumed they asked dame if he was ok with it unless they know he wanted out anyways.
No but now knowing it’s full rebuild shedding cj, Powell, Covington he might not want to stick around for that bc he won’t have any shot to win

Fucking Thibs strikes again. Knicks were done, ok they cut it to 13 so I get making one last push w 6 min left but under 3 min down dd RJ and Randle gotta come out. He finally got Julius out but leaving RJ in and he had to get helped off w an ankle injury in the last minute. Smdh

Fucking Thibs strikes again. Knicks were done, ok they cut it to 13 so I get making one last push w 6 min left but under 3 min down dd RJ and Randle gotta come out. He finally got Julius out but leaving RJ in and he had to get helped off w an ankle injury in the last minute. Smdh

Damn. They both played crazy high minutes in Utah night before also. That pretty dumb.

No but now knowing it’s full rebuild shedding cj, Powell, Covington he might not want to stick around for that bc he won’t have any shot to win

I’d argue he didn’t have any shot to win before. I hear ya tho. Doesn’t seem to make much sense to keep him around now.

Only when they bout to ask for money! Gotta give them credit, they manage to stay way more competitive than most teams with small payrolls.
Naw, fuck that. Losing in a one game play in game every 5 years ain’t shit. If the Rays can have the success they’ve had with their limitations, the A’s have a lot of room for improvement. They have too much history to settle for this lame shit they been doing.

Ok, frustrated A’s fan rant over… for now…

Damn. They both played crazy high minutes in Utah night before also. That pretty dumb.
He always does that. He’s stubborn to pull them out. Bench got them within range and forced Denver’s hand to put jokic etc back in so I don’t blame him but last 2-3 min barring a miracle it was done

Legit chance to win, no, but win a round or two in playoffs yes, a tweak here and there maybe better, but now no shot
That double OT playoff game last year when he put up 55 but still lost to the Nuggz is literally a microcosm of his career. No reason they should lose that game, yet without him they are what they are this year. Hope his loyalty gets repaid now.

That double OT playoff game last year when he put up 55 but still lost to the Nuggz is literally a microcosm of his career. No reason they should lose that game, yet without him they are what they are this year. Hope his loyalty gets repaid now.
It’s gonna be a tough sell. I mean they are armed w cap space but what opt out FA is gonna sign there? Even if you go trade for a Jeremi Grant what does that do besides deplete assets.

He always does that. He’s stubborn to pull them out. Bench got them within range and forced Denver’s hand to put jokic etc back in so I don’t blame him but last 2-3 min barring a miracle it was done

I’ve seen times where bench got them back in it where he stuck with bench. It why I don’t like playing props on that team cause I been caught too many times w my guy only getting 20 freaking min.

Yeah you pretty much look at Julius, RJ, Evan and no one else

It def seems like RJ and Randle more likely to log 30+, my perception is lately RJ been getting that pretty much every game. That a newer occurrence tho, there were def some times in the 1st few months coach was quicker to cut his minutes when they got down/1st unit wasn’t being as effective. I dunno if tibs started acting right and treating RJ more like a star or it just coincided with Rose and other bench guys being injured? He has been 30+ every game for a month + now so I’m ok trusting him. Fornier still has bunch of games where he only sees 20ish minutes, Tibs annoys me!!

I hate being that guy, but a friend’s fiancé’s friend (reliable LOL and I can feel eyes rolling) has been Harden’s side piece for some time. Saying Harden is preparing to go to Philly. Not saying to go crazy, but it may be worth beer money.

I hate being that guy, but a friend’s fiancé’s friend (reliable LOL and I can feel eyes rolling) has been Harden’s side piece for some time. Saying Harden is preparing to go to Philly. Not saying to go crazy, but it may be worth beer money.
To chase the ring, it makes sense

Pretty sure if he doesn't go by tomorrow he'll be there in the offseason

To chase the ring, it makes sense

All him going to Philly does is ensure embid won’t ever win a ring, Shame they can’t get embid someone good to play with. 1st he stuck with Simmons who scared to shoot now they gonna give him another perennial playoff choker. I’m sure he be super pumped to get a overweight flopper who bails the min things don’t go his way!

All him going to Philly does is ensure embid won’t ever win a ring, Shame they can’t get embid someone good to play with. 1st he stuck with Simmons who scared to shoot now they gonna give him another perennial playoff choker. I’m sure he be super pumped to get a overweight flopper who bails the min things don’t go his way!
Not like Doc is going to win another one anyway, it took a virtual dream team for him to get a taste

Not like Doc is going to win another one anyway, it took a virtual dream team for him to get a taste

That true also. Still would like to see embid get a chance with a winner, Simmons then Harden is dooming him to never winning.

I think he’d be more motivated bc more than likely they face Philly lol

Im not sure it has anything to do with motivation for him (I mean I think he could def use more of it in his preparation, workouts, practices), something wrong upstairs with him, or there was in the playoffs last year anyways. He don’t help anyone if he won’t take a layup or drive to the hoop for fear of being fouled. He has to get over that shit or he useless. He don’t need to develop a shot to work in jersey (Brooklyn, whatevs) tho, maybe knowing that be enough to make him relax?

So Philly can’t just do Simmons for Harden, there no fucking way I send nets curry or Maxey also for that chunky bitch, that be dumb.

Please tell me these rumors of us trading Burks and reddish for goran dragic, a guy who hadn’t played a game all year are false. Like why trade for reddish, and give up a no 1, if you don’t even play him and then offload him again. This seems a move just to make a move and reeks of desperation

Oh and we’d add noel too and get a 1st and 2nd rounder. So we basically net gain a 2nd round pick, a worse first than we previously had, and dragic for Burks, noel. Why? I get it you offload two contracts, can let dragic walk if you want but just seems useless to me

Oh and we’d add noel too and get a 1st and 2nd rounder. So we basically net gain a 2nd round pick, a worse first than we previously had, and dragic for Burks, noel. Why? I get it you offload two contracts, can let dragic walk if you want but just seems useless to me

Sounds like a very Knicks kinda move. How many years did it seem like they were clearing cap space for a free agent or 2 that never came? Lol. Gotta be frustrating!! It annoys me and I don’t care that much, other than fact I think nba better when Knicks relevant. I’d rather reddish get healthy and see what happens when they put him and RJ on court together.

Saw Simmons/Curry but Drummond has been fairly important backing up Embiid. No picks involved?

Nets have agreed to trade James Harden and Paul Millsap to the Sixers for Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummond and two first-round picks.

Why did they have to throw in Drummond?

Don’t care about the picks, Sixers have no idea how to draft anyway.

Curry overrated, once he gets inside the 3-point line he has no idea what to do.

Good trade for both teams this year. But if 76ers have to give harden 250 million when he can barely move around now the future investment is questionable.

Doesn't change the Sixers title hopes.

Nets obviously reliant on a healthy KD and hoping for road series tbh with Kyrie. Seeds 5-6 fit them perfectly.

Good trade for both teams this year. But if 76ers have to give harden 250 million when he can barely move around now the future investment is questionable.

Jimmy still has miles, he’s sat a ton the past few seasons.

Maxey, Jim, Thybulle, Toby and Jolene.

Not a bad starting 5.

It’s a shame. I like Maxey and jo jo, can’t stand harden tho. Pretty confident sixers be overrated now cause he will never win no matter who tries carrying his overweight flopping ass in the playoffs.

If nets can get Simmons to be anything close to what he was before last years playoffs they won this trade big imo. Might be a big IF tho, who freaking knows wtf Simmons will play like?

Drummond was a pretty big get in this deal imo. He a rebounding machine for a team that been lacking down low ever since putting this clown show 2gether.

With Curry If Harris ever gets healthy that a bunch of sharp shooting nets gonna have rooming around wide open for kd (or kyrie if he feels like playing) to hit when they doubled.

I said last year Thibbs was overachieving at the expense of his players health and longevity. He ruined D Rose.

It’s a shame. I like Maxey and jo jo, can’t stand harden tho. Pretty confident sixers be overrated now cause he will never win no matter who tries carrying his overweight flopping ass in the playoffs.
Tend to agree. This hurts Maxey's development too, I don't think he's a great spot up shooter, he seems to need the ball to create. Harden will hog it now though. Maxey's usage will drop and his shooting will likely go with it.

They pretty much have to play Thybulle 30 minutes each night to have a guy who's comfortable as an ultra low usage defender.

Back