NBA Thursday pick (+writeup)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
LA Clippers (2.28 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

The Clippers are still on a mission, despite three consecutive losses. They beat the Lakers somewhat 10 days ago and in a reverse fixture (even though the venue is the same, the home team are the Lakers this time, meaning they'll have their fans and their colors at Staples tonight), they will look for another win. I won't be long here. The Clippers are really fired up to win this one, as they're fighting with their arms and legs to reach the playoffs, and the Lakers have a lot of cushion to choose their opponent once the PHX-SA thing is settled. The Lakers are one of the worst post All Star teams in the league, as far as playoff contending teams are concerned, and they won't have an easy job with their "give-the-ball-to-Kobe-he'll-score-50" tactics, also they'll be without Kwame Brown tonight, meaning less bodies to throw at Kaman; who had solid success playing against Bynum and Odom this season, managing a few double-doubles. LAC will also have Sam Cassel very likely, at least for 15-20 minutes, if he plays this should add more depth to an already superior Clippers backcourt.
Jason Hart isn't a superstar but he's been playing very hard and very well lately, if Cassel plays it should add more confidence to the team and since the Clippers have their scoring more rationally spread than Kobe & the supporting cast, they have more offensive solutions, more motive to win this one, and are, in my eyes, slightly better team.

Good luck guys.:cheers:

theyve blown double digit leads in their last two games. kind of deflating if you ask me. also the lakers are not going to back their way into the playoffs. they have a game at phnx tom so i see a full effort here tonight. books tend to agreee too. on 4/4 line was lac -3 and clips won. tonight on the same court its lak -3. gets you thinking dont it ...

good health

GL...With Cassell PROB now, I gotta read some more on how much he'll play. I kinda think he hurts them if he plays a lot.

brewer those are all facts but I see this one as a standalone game, and two teams clashing, I favor the Clippers. Not only matchup wise, but also atmosphere, motivation, etc...

I think they'll do the job, as my realistic estimation here would be a pk or even Clipps being favored by 1.5.

this IS home court for them as much as it is for LAL.

:shake: good health buddy.

Don't like it much, Lakers revenge and "home court", Clippers possibly emotionally drained from three consecutive hard played losses - how much do the believe their chances with GS steamrolling?

Anyway, bookies seem to like the Clips, and I got 2.35, so I trailed you for half a unit for some action.

Good luck:cheers:

another point, I do not think Lakers have home court advantage. I would think LA fans will be pushin for the Clippers as the fans know Clips chances to make a playoff push will be hard if they lose here. I'll be on the Clips. Lakers showed how much immediate revnge means to them with their last game at Denver

SOMEONE IS MESSING WITH ME GUYS I'M TELLING YOU. :D

First, I fell asleep. I had lectures at the uni in the morning and couldn't afford to stay up all night so I fell asleep right after Toronto and Detroit failed to produce two more runs for my over.

Ok, I wake up, hit the showers, get dressed, sit for a moment in front of the tv eating corn flakes.

I change the channel to Slovenian television, their teletext has player performances besides just scores, so I always check that when I don't have time to go online.

Ok, I check their NBA page, the score said: 118-110 Lakers...Maggete 39, Bryant 50.

I feel gutted. UGH. Not only did I lose the Toronto over, but also the Clipp joint.
Oh well I say, at least they won't make the playoffs now :D I'm so bitter when I lose :an_roll_laugh:

I got back home like 20 mins ago, went online and see you guys congratulating me??!?!

So ok, what the fuck happened :D then I go to www.nba.com/clippers

GO THERE.

See where it says "postgame report".

Says: CLIPPERS 108- Lakers 110

I was like OK WTFFFFFF. I LOST :D why are they congratulating me :D Hmm, they probably meant I had +2,5. :D.

Then I CLICK THE REPORT, and it says Clippers won by 8 :an_roll_laugh:

I'd like to ask the NBA betting demons to STOP SCREWING ME AROUND

guyyyyyyyysss, Clipps won :cheers: I was 100% sure they lost :D

Well the game really was a coin toss, Lakers had an 10 point lead in the fourth quarter and then choked completely.

Satyr and the bookies had chosen the right side after all...:bow:

Back