March NBA Discussion...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Nice little respite for everyone.

The first half was interesting, no doubt...

What's our thoughts coming up on the 2nd half of the season?

The East is something else...

Obviously you have the top 3 teams basically locked in unless something goes haywire...

Seeds 4 through 11 will shuffle for the next few months until we get to the postseason...

Atlanta has been a disappointment overall...

I honestly didn't realize how much Indiana had slipped until I started looking the past few days...

Miami has been injured and highly inconsistent as is...

I think Milwaukee will be done in the 2nd round whether they play the Nets or the Sixers. They just do not have it...

Should be a fun ECF's...

Out West, the Lakers little slump doesn't concern me... still the best team... need to get LeBron some rest though...

The Jazz are the WC... is this team for real? After that bubble performance and with how they started the season I figured it might be time to blow things up. I hope for them that they didn't peak at the wrong time. I also would be pretty upset with a Finals appearance when I was a year early with a future on them...

The Clippers need a PG bad.. nothing more, nothing less...

Denver isn't a threat until Malone is gone... too bad...

Obviously Dame brings fun to any series and will be a test for their 1st round opponent but this is another team in need of a change of coaches...

Phoenix was my sleeper in the West and they are the quietest 2 seed in recent memory at an all-star break. I'll be happy for them to be in playoffs and hopefully win a series..

Anyways, just some quick thoughts...

Celts look to get smart back possibly langford they need a spark for sure and a dominate big man

The East is something else...

Obviously you have the top 3 teams basically locked in unless something goes haywire...

Seeds 4 through 11 will shuffle for the next few months until we get to the postseason...

Atlanta has been a disappointment overall...

I honestly didn't realize how much Indiana had slipped until I started looking the past few days...

Miami has been injured and highly inconsistent as is...

I think Milwaukee will be done in the 2nd round whether they play the Nets or the Sixers. They just do not have it...

Should be a fun ECF's...

Out West, the Lakers little slump doesn't concern me... still the best team... need to get LeBron some rest though...

The Jazz are the WC... is this team for real? After that bubble performance and with how they started the season I figured it might be time to blow things up. I hope for them that they didn't peak at the wrong time. I also would be pretty upset with a Finals appearance when I was a year early with a future on them...

The Clippers need a PG bad.. nothing more, nothing less...

Denver isn't a threat until Malone is gone... too bad...

Obviously Dame brings fun to any series and will be a test for their 1st round opponent but this is another team in need of a change of coaches...

Phoenix was my sleeper in the West and they are the quietest 2 seed in recent memory at an all-star break. I'll be happy for them to be in playoffs and hopefully win a series..

Anyways, just some quick thoughts...
Didn’t Clippers have A PG already? Think he wears #13.......

To add to BAR's assertion that the Bucks "just do not have it," I wonder the extent to which this is a scheme thing. I've long associated Milwaukee, defensively, with overhelp inside and drop coverage. So naturally their perimeter defense is problematic: they allow the 5th-highest frequency of wide open three-pointers and they rank 26th in limiting opposing made three-pointers per game. Bad perimeter defense largely explains, I think, why they rank in the lower half in scoring defense. If they can improve their defense, they certainly improve their chances to become a legit contender in the East, I think. With their roster, I would think their ceiling at least as high as Philadelphia's? Why not? But it seems like they are fairly married to their scheme. I've read that they are trying to switch things up on that end of the court, but that the experimentation isn't progressing much and that the implementation of new concepts is happening slowly.

After betting hammered by Irving and Harden and Durant for the first few minutes of a game, then an opposing team will have to endure a couple minutes of quick-footed bully-ball by Griffin — not much of a coffee break for an opposing team....

Big daddy naught: aren’t you outraged that the books are favoring the Bucks by 10.5 points over your Knicks today?

After betting hammered by Irving and Harden and Durant for the first few minutes of a game, then an opposing team will have to endure a couple minutes of quick-footed bully-ball by Griffin — not much of a coffee break for an opposing team....

Big daddy naught: aren’t you outraged that the books are favoring the Bucks by 10.5 points over your Knicks today?
Outraged? No, I get it. Rose still out. No Mitch. Plus revenge angle for milw as we blasted them the first meeting. We either win close or lose by 20 imo

Well if you‘re not outraged there’s no reason for me to get into a huff over it. I forgot about Rose. It just seemed like the Bucks have been playing pretty lousy lately. But now they have Holiday back so maybe they will dominate after all..

Pels have Minn and Cleveland and deck here before a daunting task upcoming starting with Clips Sunday night.
These are must get games....just from schedule POV

Celts look to get smart back possibly langford they need a spark for sure and a dominate big man

C's need to make a play for Drummond, he's the only half decent big available.

Other wise the Nets will get him just to keep him away from Boston.

Season high for Wolves

Ban Gundy with same rhetoric. Talked about practice. Never a good sign.
This team and the 3 ball is an abomination.

That's not a good start to 2h Twink.

Boston still a step behind.

Philly rolls without the stars.

Bucks with a statement win.

Caution to those thinking of backing my Knicks tomorrow. They will be short handed once again. Mitch will be out at least another few weeks, Rose remains out and in limbo with the covid protocol despite several negative tests, Payton reaggravated his hamstring injury and is likely out, rivers might not be available either, bench will be thin, likely to call up Harper or someone else from the g league

Caution to those thinking of backing my Knicks tomorrow. They will be short handed once again. Mitch will be out at least another few weeks, Rose remains out and in limbo with the covid protocol despite several negative tests, Payton reaggravated his hamstring injury and is likely out, rivers might not be available either, bench will be thin, likely to call up Harper or someone else from the g league
Noted

Clippers or just go oppo what’s supposed to happen and Pels ML lol?
Kind of think pels show up tonight. Couple real bad outings of late for them. Primetime game, top tier team I think they compete. High scoring and I’d lean + or the over but prob will wait live. I’ve also been screwed a fuck ton by no show efforts from the clippers and point shaving late lol fwiw

Immediately the impact of marcus smart when he enters the game...takes a charge next play nails a three, celts go on a 37-6 run...game over..they want to limit him to 20 min a game why not save those minutes for the 4th quarter?

Some interesting spots tonight

Dallas forgot the lube last time they played the Clips, beating them by 51. Wonder if LA was looking past yesterday's tilt a little and saved their defensive energy for today.

Lakers minus AD put a 26 point beatdown on Golden State last time. Now Warriors are coming off a big win against Utah and can sweep the two favorites back to back at home. I think they'll be motivated and they're just a lot better on their own court. Lakers play 5 in 7 this week so they'll be keeping an eye on minutes and if they fall behind could look to let this one go.

Huge totals in Mil-Was and Sac-Cha, should be fast and fun games for these teams that shouldn't be too tired yet being just a week removed from the ASG.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean the Flippers are gonna win though, this team has a real funny/odd vibe.

Kawhi can't lead and George Paul is unstable.

Again, a trade for Lowry would complete this team. Prolly end up with Lonzo when it's all said and done.

Tonight they're also a 'Blankets' wannabe sharp play.

Such great strategy by the Knicks to try for jump balls instead of just fouling... forced two under 20 seconds...

Back