Kobe Or Jordan ???

MeasyMoney

Give me Football or give me death
IM SURE THERE HAS BEEN QUITE A FEW THREADS ASKING THIS OVER THE YEARS BUT NOW THAT KOBE IS GOING TO THE FINALS ONCE AGAIN, I MUST ASK....WHO IS BETTER? WHO WOULD YOU TAKE ON YOUR TEAM?

I MYSELF SAY KOBE BUT THATS BECAUSE I AM A LIFE-LONG LAKERS FAN AND I COULD GIVE A SHIT-LESS ABOUT JORDAN EXCEPT FOR HIS SHOES AND THOSE COMFY HANES SHIRTS! NOT A GOOD REASON BUT I DONT CARE

AND BEFORE WE MENTION THE WHOLE "BUT KOBE HAD SHAQ N NOW GASOL" DEAL, LETS NOT FORGET PIPPEN WAS THE SHIT BACK THEN!

P.S. Throwback420 ----- YAAAAAAAAAA LETS ADD ANOTHER RING TO THE COLLECTION :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

537px-Equine_joke.jpg

thats an unfair statement because kobe wasnt in the league long enough to play them...thats like saying jordan cant prove his skill because he didnt get to play against the d-wades, lebrons, and such and such

jordan didnt even get to play against a number of those guys and if kobe did play them he would poo on their foreheads in a disgusting manner

it's unfair to say jordan played in a tougher league than the watered down one kobe does now?

Kobe is much better no comparison needed. Jordan did not play in the league when there were super athletes from high school and players on roids and better nutrition.

Jordan was basically a good athlete and average athlete in today's NBA. He was able to beat guys like Hornacek, sam Perkins, mostly slower unathletic players all the time.

To dominate in today's NBA where everyone is longer, leaner, stronger, faster, jumping higher, you have to really be on your game. Kobe is dominating vs the spurs the best defensive team in the league, he can do it all.

Jordan was playing in the 80's beating on players like Anfernee Hardaway, Gary Paytons, players with limited athletic ability.

THere is no debate its the same in baseball and football, when they ask players from the past how they compare they all admit there is no comparison, even Wayne Gretky said he would not have the success in todays nBA and would get killed physically with the size of the players.

Jordan was basically one decade ahead, he was probably an average player in this modern NBA, it is exactly like putting Wade, Lebron, Parker, Manu, Ben Gordon, Lamar ODOm, any of these guys in the Jordan era, there were no athletes, Tom chambers was dominating in that era??

JOrdan could not do anyting with the Wizards, he was nothing compared to Kobe- To dominate now where athletes are 10 times better is amazing.

Those Jordan teams played absoulte garbage teams in the final

it's unfair to say jordan played in a tougher league than the watered down one kobe does now?

no its unfair to bring up the top 50 when kobe is in a way younger generation to the point where they had to add another 10 because they knew they couldnt leave kobe out of it...jordan didnt even get to play against magic or bird or isiah thomas at their young age and even long enough to prove he was better then them...

he wouldnt be able to guard kobe in a game for shit, and he for sure wouldnt be able to guard lebron as physical as he is

Who is a better running back--

Emmitt Smith or Adrian Peterson and LT??

Emmitt dominated cause of his o line--

AP and Lt dominate with their skills and speed, AP is so much faster than everyone and they are all roided up and super genetic freaks, that is talent, not Emmitt Smith fat ass- Ask anyone who is better they will say Emitt smith-- SMITH has better record and achievements but is not better than these guys

Give me

Kevin Johnson
Michael Jordan
Reggie Miller
Karl Malone
David Robinson

vs any 5 from today

Lt and Barry Sanders are damn near close. but i think i'd have to take LT. But damn Barry could break anything for 80.

Who is a better running back--

Emmitt Smith or Adrian Peterson and LT??

Emmitt dominated cause of his o line--

AP and Lt dominate with their skills and speed, AP is so much faster than everyone and they are all roided up and super genetic freaks, that is talent, not Emmitt Smith fat ass- Ask anyone who is better they will say Emitt smith-- SMITH has better record and achievements but is not better than these guys

McFadden

Michael Jordan would be average nowadays???

I agree with Measy Money-- Jordan was known as a great defender? Who did he defend in their prime?

Thurl Bailey, Sam Perkins. Hornacek. Gary Payton? Detlef Schremptf, Anfernee Hardaway?

Jordan would get rejected now a lot more and would not be able to take the hits going to the rim these days. He played with no athletes in his era, Who were the top players in his era??? Karl Malone and Stockton? Payont and Kemp? Anfernee and a rookie Shaq?

If you create a simulation program Jordan would not do much in this NBA, he is not that good, he played vs slow players in his era,. it is what it is, and did not play any top players in their primes

gary payton has limited athletic ability yet is nicknamed the glove ...

a lot of people have nicknames...vujacic has a nickname (the machine), i have a nickname (long duck dong)....

if you are saying payton was a tough person to beat on then kobe is by far better than jordan, because the competition nowadays is way better than the "glove" who was only good with shawn kemp

brewer, does jordans 72 win team even reach 60 if they played in this years WC ?

doubtful.

nba is better than ever. for someone as good as Deron Williams to be left off of the all-star team shows just how many amazing players there are.

AP is not the best, but to me he was the best last year--

WIth all the roids, think about it, if you can run away from ROIDEd up players that shoot roids and take 800 supplements a day, you are fast, and have talent and are the best--

AP is running right by linebackers and safeties and Db's he is so fast and so elusive and just damn good,

he is not the best yet, he needs another 2 to 3 good seasons

kobe played against michael in 97/98.

you named one year and a very very very early year....

barry sanders was way better and did it with a much worse o line than the others named and he ended his career way too early.... AP LT and emmit all had great O lines...

and you named kevin johnson in your top 5 against any 5? i like the guy but you will get slaughtered

Chris Paul
Kobe
Lebron
Garnett
Duncan

brewer, does jordans 72 win team even reach 60 if they played in this years WC ?

doubtful.

nba is better than ever. for someone as good as Deron Williams to be left off of the all-star team shows just how many amazing players there are.

excellent point :shake:

the 1992 dream team is the best team ever. the nba was at its peak then not now.

Compare Jordan as an individual--

I do not see him dominating in a 82 game schedule where teams have Lebrons, Wades and quick defenders to cover him--

Every team has capable defenders somewhere- in Jordan's era they had more white players in the league that were not EUROPEANS< they were just slower players, Now there is guys like Caron Butler, Baron Davis, MOnte Ellis, Chris Bosh, AK 47, these guys can cover Jordan easily

you named one year and a very very very early year....

barry sanders was way better and did it with a much worse o line than the others named and he ended his career way too early.... AP LT and emmit all had great O lines...

and you named kevin johnson in your top 5 against any 5? i like the guy but you will get slaughtered

Chris Paul
Kobe
Lebron
Garnett
Duncan

i didnt want to list the entire dream team and i've watched the bulls/suns series quite a bit. big fan of KJ.

MJ also played against kobe when MJ was ancient on the wiz.

Jordan had some of the best acccomplishments no denying that, but its like hitting 400 in baseball in the 60's versus doing it now vs the pitchers who throw 100 mph

i was doing you a favor by not counting the year jordan played on the wiz...he didnt do shit...their team sucked badly so i dont really count when a player is too stupid to accept his ending days

Both Jordan and Kobe are dominating their era's pretty easily, but i have to say KObe's era is tougher, players are just bigger and stronger and faster, and he is still better than them all and able to dominate

magic johnson, larry bird, isiah were dominating that era...charles, jordan, wilkins were under them slightly

the old man (39 and 40 years of age) averaged 23, 6 and 5 in 01/02 and 20, 6 and 4 in 02/03 in 35 and 37 minutes a game respectively. how is that shit?

the old man averaged 23, 6 and 5 in 01/02 and 20, 6 and 4 in 02/03 in 35 and 37 minutes a game respectively. how is that shit?

what place where they in the playoffs....a good player carries his team like kobe has done year in year out

kobe was at 25, 6 and 6 in 01/02 at the age of 24 in 38 minutes a game.
and 30, 7 and 6 in 02/03 at the the age of 25 in 42 minutes a game.

what place where they in the playoffs....a good player carries his team like kobe has done year in year out

wiz werent.

michael has 6 titles during the glory years of the nba. kobe has 3 (should be 4 soon) in a watered down league.

kobe was at 25, 6 and 6 in 01/02 at the age of 24 in 38 minutes a game.
and 30, 7 and 6 in 02/03 at the the age of 25 in 42 minutes a game.

damn kobe averaged that many points with greedy ass shaq on the team !!! hes better than i thought

michael played kobe pretty even in the numbers department at the age of 39 when kobe was 24 in 01/02.

That top 50 list is bullshit. To put Kobe at 51 is nuts. Jordan played with some good role players, who the fuck is Kobe playing with? Pau is a proven loser, he was on one or 2 winning teams before he joined the kobes. The fact that the lakers made the playoffs last year with smush parker who isnt even in the league anymore starting point. If Kobe is hot, the game is OVER. There is no chance. With all that said I think its unfair to compare the 2, 2 diffrent leagues. In a one on one game, Jordan takes him easily because he was just a lot more aggresive.

An interesting thread on blankets was about how Kevin Garnett is not on elite player. The guy who posted it was completely bashed. But I agree with him, Garnett is not an elite player, hes a guy the can put up points and rebound, there are tons of players like that in the NBA. The fact is Paul Peirce is the reason that the Celtics are still in the playoffs

i had garnett not in my top 3 pf this year here on ctg and was bashed. then josh smith backed me up in R1.

if jordan can put up similar numbers to kobes in 01/02 when kobe is 24 and mike 39 how could mike not play in this league and dominate with the way its called today. guards are allowed to do whatever they please. you cant hand check. there are fewer hard fouls if any.

give me michael in his prime with his legs and we can do some things. hell maybe dominate like it was 1992. :36_11_6:

no way 1 on 1 jordan beats kobe even in their primes...jordan more aggressive? not at all....and i hate lebron but he beats both of them 1 on 1...way to physical even though he lacks dribbles, jumpshot and defense, he will just dunk on both of them BAD

<DL class=wide-photo style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px"><DT>
nba_g_lakers1_580.jpg
<DD>Photo by Noah Graham/NBAE/Getty Images
The biggest difference in this series is that the Lakers had Kobe Bryant, while the Spurs did not.
</DD></DL>

I still cant undersntad how jordan (who put up similar numbers to kobe's in 01/02 at the age of 39 when kobe was 24) couldnt play in today's league in his prime and dominate like he did when he actually had his legs.

Someone reason ...

JORDAN PUT UP THOSE NUMBERS BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS BEGGING HIM TO SHOOT IT AND THEY DIDNT DEPEND ON ANYONE ELSE, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THEY HAD RIP HAMILTON AT THE TIME BUT HE WASNT LIKE HE IS TODAY....KOBE HAD TO SHARE HIS POINTS WITH SHAQ...OF COURSE ANYONE WILL AVERAGE THAT WHEN THEY ARE IN A BULLSHIT CONFERENCE AND ON A NOBODY TEAM...

MICHAEL REDD AND VINCE CARTER PUT UP NUMBERS AND BOTH OF THEM SUCK

If Kobe wins 7 championships, which is possible, I thought we can all agree to that, it would be tough for me not to look at Kobe as the best

Back