January Transfer Window News and Rumors

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Rumors 1/4/2015

Glen Hoddle interested in the Newcastle job

Liverpool to bid for Valencia striker Paco Alcacer

Man City targeting Benteke and Julian Draxler

Juventus is ready to make a bid for Falcao if Man Untd don't make his loan permanent

Tottenham does not have Rabiot yet, but working on a 6 month loan deal

Shaqiri wants to go to Inter

Man Untd making moves for Robben, Bayern offering him a new contract as a counter strike

Man City prepared to bid 25M for Bony

Man Untd Arsenal and Spurs all interested in Schniederlin

Everton prepared to sell Barkley

Carlos Tevez could be on his way back to West Ham

Tottenham preparing to offer Harry Kane a new deal

Inter pursuing Paulinho for a loan, with an option to buy

Rabiot loan without an option to buy is a 0% chance IMO I would be shocked, I can see it happening with an option to buy because Rabiot hates PSG and it gives spurs a few months to look at him

<button type="button" class="user-dropdown dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-link js-tooltip btn plain-btn" title="More user actions" style="color: rgb(102, 117, 127); font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid transparent; padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; height: 35px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">User Actions</button>
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(59, 136, 195); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; box-shadow: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.14902) 0px 1px 0px inset; background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0470588)) no-repeat rgb(85, 172, 238);">Following</button>

Transfer News@TrustyTransfers
20-year-old Anzhi Makhachkala player, Gasan Magomedov, has died after being hit with machine-gun fire. #RIP

Can't believe they haven't relocated from that region. Kid was sitting in his car.

Valdes signs an 18 month contract with Man United

there's lts of talk DDG is wanted by Real Madrid since he probably takes over for Iker with the Spain team at or right after Euro's

I like bony but is he really worth that transfer fee? I mean I guess it doesn't really matter money wise for city, but Swansea ismaking out well

For annoying as twellman is he is the best source out there when it comes to MLS rumors/news/etc , so I would guess it will happen

<header style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; box-sizing: border-box;">Frank Lampard has no agreement with NYCFC, according to the Premier League

By Stephen Schmidt @SchmidtXC on Jan 8 2015, 4:21p 241
</header>

461017216.0.jpg

Frank Lampard has been in the news quite a bit of late, and unfortunately for the player, it's been for all the wrong reasons. When Lampard extended his stay in the Premier League until the end of this season, MLS fans everywhere were rightfully furious about the situation.
MLS didn't do themselves any favors in dealing with the matter, by confirming that at no point was Lampard ever under contract with the league. Don Garber instead claimed that he had signed a deal with NYCFC's ownership group, with an agreement in place about where he'd be spending the two-year term of that contract decided by CFG. The Premier League followed up with some comments about the player's contractual situation today, via The Guardian:

"Frank Lampard is registered as a Manchester City player until the end of the 2014/15 season."
"The Premier League has sought and received assurances from Manchester City that there is no agreement in place between the Club or City Football Group with New York City FC relating to the player."

Why is this relevant to Chelsea? Let me direct you to this section of the FA's regulations banning third party ownership:
"Before registering a Player for a Club, The Association must be satisfied that there exist no agreements between the Club or the Player and a Third Party under which a Third Party will own or continue to own any registration or economic rights or the like in the Player following registration. "

The FA define third parties as follows:
"‘Third Party’ means a person or entity that is not a Club or an Overseas Club "

New York City FC would almost certainly qualify as an overseas club, meaning that Man City wouldn't be breaching any FA regulations by simply taking the player on loan. Initially, this appeared to be what had happened with the Chelsea legend, and Lampard himself has referred to the loan repeatedly since the start of the season.

NYCFC and MLS, however, are now insisting that there was never a loan, with MLS commissioner Don Garber going so far to suggest that Lampard was under contract with CFG , as opposed to either club, the entire time. CFG then registered the player with their Premier League club, with the intention of registering him with NYCFC at a later time*.

*This is not all that different from how Traffic used to operate in South America

This scenario, however, would almost certainly be in violation of the FA's regulations involving third party ownership. CFG can't possibly considered to be a club or overseas club, as defined by the regulations in question, and therefore Lampard would have to be under contract directly with Manchester City if he's got no ties to MLS. If that's not the case, City would almost certainly be looking at some pretty major sanctions, and rightfully so.
I'll be curious to see the CFG reaction to this FA statement, as well as the response from an expansion side looking to save a little bit of face with their angry fans. CFG seemed to have backed themselves into a corner though, where they either own up to lying to MLS supporters for the better part of six months, or leave their Premier League side exposed for violating a TPO ban.

Whatever happens though, it's just a shame that Frank Lampard is the player caught in the middle.

lads

Man U make another bid for Hummels, after failing the first time

Arsenal 16 million pound bid for Gundogan

Everton showing strong interest in Aaron Lennon

Arsenal and Man City target Mandzukic

Saurez wants out of Barcelona, wants to move back to England

Man U and Chelsea showing interest in Varane

Balotelli rejects loan move too Olympiakos

TFC going after Altidore and Adebayor.

There is an allocation order for national team players and red bulls were first, they apparently have dropped out as Jozy wants Bradley and dempsey type money. Toronto would be one of the only teams that could meet his demands and have a dp slot open

Not sure if TFC can actually afford both (although seems a little pointless unless they plan on moving Gilberto), but they've got so much egg on their face with this Defoe thing, I don't think they have much choice but to try and make a splash. Plus, thanks to the renovations at BMO, they're going to open with 7 straight on the road, so this could be yet another lost season.

Not sure if TFC can actually afford both (although seems a little pointless unless they plan on moving Gilberto), but they've got so much egg on their face with this Defoe thing, I don't think they have much choice but to try and make a splash. Plus, thanks to the renovations at BMO, they're going to open with 7 straight on the road, so this could be yet another lost season.

who or what is TFC?

Toronto FC

and they can afford anyone, MLSE prints money, if they take a loss on TFC for a few years it can get made up in 3 leaf Home games

Vlaar is injured for 6 weeks, well totally fucked now we will get 0 for him as he will leave in the summer.
Sinclair transfer is in limbo.
Cleverley is a total cunt, not only is he going to bail Villa, we now can't loan Januzaj

I swear why doesn't someone in the fucking upper management just use FM to scout players? Those guys do a better job scouting than 3/4 of the BPL teams.

does Toronto FC have a big following in Toronto?

Surprisingly yes...but majority come from those who have nothing to do on the weekends.
A lot of the ethnic groups from Portugal and Italy don't give a rats ass about this club as they follow their own clubs. But if you go to a TFC game it is filled up with many people who don't know about the game and don't want to go to a baseball game.

You'll also apparently lose to Delph, but I'm not sure what Champions League team he is gonna go too

if its not Toronto, its Portland

Portland owner..
“My staff has a green light to sign a guy on $5 million or less a year at their discretion (and more if I approve)… but getting the right one is the trick … they don’t grow on trees and it’s not just quality on field we look for,” Paulson wrote.

Probably not his first choice, but think he will be ok living there if he is getting paid what he wants

So bale was just sold to Man U for 150!
Benzema and Ronaldo don't look like they'll be too upset if he leaves though...

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HF4kyV7VT_8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

teed,
Danny Ings...you lot are really gunning for him, whats the deal?

hes a cheap good bench player, can play a pressing game too he runs around all the time

also young enough that he may turn in to a starter, he was awesome in the championship last year

just seems like a value buy

they are going to need a few of those either now or in the summer because the clear out is going to be at least 6 or 7 of the current bench (Lennon, Naughton, Dembele, Capoue, Kaboul, Chiriches, Townsend, Paulinho)

the current youth set up is really promising too so guys like Onomah, Winks, Carter-Vickers are going to start making the bench soon and get games last year but they dont really have a promising striker who is close, so thats where I see the Ings buy filling in, hes only 22

they are super high on Carter-Vickers, american center back, Friedel says he reminds him of Ledley King

hes a cheap good bench player, can play a pressing game too he runs around all the time

also young enough that he may turn in to a starter, he was awesome in the championship last year

just seems like a value buy

they are going to need a few of those either now or in the summer because the clear out is going to be at least 6 or 7 of the current bench (Lennon, Naughton, Dembele, Capoue, Kaboul, Chiriches, Townsend, Paulinho)

the current youth set up is really promising too so guys like Onomah, Winks, Carter-Vickers are going to start making the bench soon and get games last year but they dont really have a promising striker who is close, so thats where I see the Ings buy filling in, hes only 22

they are super high on Carter-Vickers, american center back, Friedel says he reminds him of Ledley King

injury prone? :-P

Arsenal expected too bid 25 million for William Carvalho of Sporting Lisbon

Balotelli looks like he will likely be on his way back to Italy and Liverpool preparing a bid for Benteke/and or Higuain

Juventus will sign Jovetic

Chelsea showing strong interest in Rues

Liverpool will bid 7.5 million for Fabian Delph

West Brom and QPR both interested in bidding for Demba Ba

Barcelona showing some interest in signing Ronald Koeman, his release clause is only 2 million

if Pool are willing to bid 7.5 mil for a player who's contract is up this summer...then by all means take him. That is the dumbest purchase they will ever make.
I mean the last player Villa sold to Pool ended up being quite the purchase for Pool lol

so a Jozy for Defoe swap is done

but someone else can 'claim' Jozy in the allocation, and would then owe TFC __________?

Do you understand it Braves? would MLS just basically tell every team to let him pass through

so a Jozy for Defoe swap is done

but someone else can 'claim' Jozy in the allocation, and would then owe TFC __________?

Do you understand it Braves? would MLS just basically tell every team to let him pass through

It's very confusing and I really don't fully understand it. Bradley and Dempsey did not go through allocation, because the league deemed them as important pieces to the league. So the players essentially got to choose where they go. I'm not sure if Jozy is the same thing, but I would assume so. Toronto is really the only team that can pay him the money he wants, and has an open DP slot. Plus Jozy is not just going to go to whatever team is next in the order, he is going be able to pick where he wants to go

You can trade up to move up in the allocation draft and usually pay some type of small type of money. The order only applies to USMNT players

I think this may be a scenario like Bradley and Dempsey where the league is going to pay a portion or most of the transfer fee for him to go to Toronto. The only other team that was willing to pay him was Portland.

On a sidenote, I heard that the league is paying $750K of Gerrard's salary , so there is strange stuff like that.

So in summary, no I really don't fully understand how this league works, and its kinda frustrating there is little transparency. Jermaine Jones went to New England over Chicago, because apparently they won a coin toss over Chicago to bid on him first.

apparently Sunderland is sending "significant" money over to Toronto and the league to get the deal done. I guess Defoe has a lot more value than Altidore, obviously. Does Jozy have any transfer value at all? Looks like Toronto and the league may make out pretty well in this deal

Crystal Palace showing interest in Jose Enrique

Lavezzi should be on his way to Liverpool soon

Redknapp will be sacked if he loses against Man U this weekend

Paulinho close to moving too Juventus

Man U making a 117 million pound bid for Bale

Juventus interested in Chicharito

Arsenal badding 15.6 for Gundogan

Man U bidding 25 for Laporte

Parma interested in Adebayor

if Liverpool get Delph this month they will sell Lucas Leiva too Napoli

Reus has reportedly agreed to a deal with Real Madrid

Mourinho wants Jese Rodriguez and Varane - asking price could be around 35 million for both

Arsenal has reportedly agreed to terms to buy Schniederlin for 25 million

Chelsea and Atletico Madrid interested in Mauro Icardi

Stoke leading in the race for Aaron Lennon

apparently Sunderland is sending "significant" money over to Toronto and the league to get the deal done. I guess Defoe has a lot more value than Altidore, obviously. Does Jozy have any transfer value at all? Looks like Toronto and the league may make out pretty well in this deal

came out that its a straight swap, surprising

Back