January Transfer Window News and Rumors

I thought they all were

the metro is just the worst, their writers dont even use their real names, its fake bylines

Liverpool will bid on Alex Song

Van Gaal blocks Januzaj loan move to Genoa

Miroslav Klose will join MLS soon

Man Utd prepared to spend 150 million

5 years 30 million for Jozy...

Impossible for any usmnt player to turn down this kind of money and job security , would never get this from anyone in Europe .. Hopefully the league continues to improve

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-...nco-mls-major-league-soccer-serie-a-juventus/

Toronto FC will announce Sebastian Giovinco as its newest player early next week, Sportsnet has learned.
TFC had been pursuing Giovinco, who is out of contract with Juventus at the end of the current Serie A season, for some time and recently tabled a contract offer to the Italian midfielder. Sources told Sportsnet that Giovinco has accepted TFC’s terms for a multi-year deal after his representatives met with officials from the MLS club in Toronto this week, and that a formal announcement will be made either on Monday or Tuesday.
The same sources told Sportsnet that Giovinco had other contract offers from European clubs, but he decided to sign with Toronto FC after the team offered him “a truckload of money.” Terms of the deal are not known, but one Italian news agency reported TFC’s contract offer was for 6 million euros per season.

will play behind Jozy

would say he's a 10 with a bit of goal scoring, he is a good player, I am surprised hes going over at 27 but 6m Euros a year does that for you

hes tiny too

listed at 5'5 and thats generous

not, if he plays behind Jozy...Bradley is more of a defensive center mid ( I think that is a #6)

you're right Teed, The Maple Leaf group must have money to burn, thats 18 mill to 3 players, thats a ton in this league

3 good DPs though IMO, I'd rather have 3 guys in their mid 20's who have shown that kind of talent, even Jozy has always scored outside England

than pay a 30+ european player just for the name brand

3 good DPs though IMO, I'd rather have 3 guys in their mid 20's who have shown that kind of talent, even Jozy has always scored outside England

than pay a 30+ european player just for the name brand

yep, all dp's mid 20 to later 20's entering or still in prime

if they are only allowed 3 DPs, do you need to get rid of Gilberto now? or can they wait until June when Giovinco comes over

I assume you could wait... I know the CBA is being negotiated and rumor is they are going to increase the number of DPs

New York Red Bull in talks to sign Ronald Zubar

Chelsea and Man Utd both interested in a Modric move

Moyes wants Joel Campbell

Borussia Dortmund interested in Kevin Miralles

Hull targeting a loan move for Salah

Eto'o could be on his way to Sampdoria

Tottenham in talks with Konoplyanka

Man Utd willing to offer De Gea and 50 million for Bale

Chelsea prepared to offer for Varane and Jese Rodriguez

I feel Spurs are laughing right now as they have ALWAYS have when they sell one of their players for big cash.
The Spanish press sure love to stir up shit
Real Madrid is to Spanish Football Media
Maple Leafs is to Hockey Media

All that matters is that Real Madrid still gets google searches :)

WE GOT GIOVINCO!!!!

Have no idea who he is but sounds good

You're a TFC fan too? Jesus their just as bad as the Leafs.

Giovinco was fun to watch, but again this team's D is shit and they have a clueless managerial team.
Vanney MIGHT do a better job since he's had the coaching experience but it was on a youth level...maybe the club is learning but I doubt it.

You're a TFC fan too? Jesus their just as bad as the Leafs.

Giovinco was fun to watch, but again this team's D is shit and they have a clueless managerial team.
Vanney MIGHT do a better job since he's had the coaching experience but it was on a youth level...maybe the club is learning but I doubt it.

I thought he was an asst with Bradley for usmnt but I do t see it In his bio., so could be wrong

They need to get a quality cb, those cost about 500-750k then I think they can make a run, but I'm also assuming that Altidore can score 20 or so goals a season, and that might be asking too much..

That's a lot of money they are spending , be an epic failure if they can't even get to the playoffs

Didn't realize it was a free transfer, good deal for the MLS though they probably are overpaying by a couple mill a year

I thought he was an asst with Bradley for usmnt but I do t see it In his bio., so could be wrong

They need to get a quality cb, those cost about 500-750k then I think they can make a run, but I'm also assuming that Altidore can score 20 or so goals a season, and that might be asking too much..

That's a lot of money they are spending , be an epic failure if they can't even get to the playoffs

The team has always wanted to be run like an "English Club" with the amount of money they have, there was potential. Toronto is a desirable location for a lot of these players with the multicultural diversity and Toronto summers. I am surprised they didn't bring in more Portuguese, Brasilian or Italian players since there's quite a large population of those here already. But the knobs at the top really were focused on has beens like Dichio who some how became an Icon even though he's really useless.

It's a good thing that majority of the TFC fan base has 0 clue about the game so thus they could careless, however the last few seasons we've seen a lot of season ticket holders protest with the results and higher ticket prices.

Delph signed a 4.5 year deal with Aston Villa

PSG interested in Mancini as manager

Juventus wants Falcao or Cavani

Chelsea upping its bid for Douglas Costa to 25 million

Man Utd close to getting Nathaniel Clyne

QPR interested in Berbatov

Juventus wants at least 100 million for Pogba

[h=3]January 2015[/h][TABLE="class: table -small -ellipsis -txt-left, width: 646"]
<colgroup style="box-sizing: border-box;"><col class="span2/5" style="box-sizing: border-box; width: 0px;"><col style="box-sizing: border-box;"><col class="span1/5" style="box-sizing: border-box; width: 0px;"></colgroup><thead style="box-sizing: border-box; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">[TR="class: text-s strap2 -interact -clip -ondark text-h6"]
[TH]COMPLETED INS[/TH]
[TH]FROM[/TH]
[TH]FEE[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: strap1 -interact"]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][h=3]No current ins[/h][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: table -small -ellipsis -txt-left, width: 646"]
<colgroup style="box-sizing: border-box;"><col class="span2/5" style="box-sizing: border-box; width: 0px;"><col style="box-sizing: border-box;"><col class="span1/5" style="box-sizing: border-box; width: 0px;"></colgroup><thead style="box-sizing: border-box; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">[TR="class: text-s strap2 -interact -clip -ondark text-h6"]
[TH]COMPLETED OUTS[/TH]
[TH]TO[/TH]
[TH]FEE[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: strap1 -interact"]
[TD]Dominic Ball[/TD]
[TD]Cambridge United[/TD]
[TD]Loan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: strap1 -interact"]
[TD]Kyle Naughton[/TD]
[TD]Swansea City[/TD]
[TD]£5.0m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: strap1 -interact"]
[TD]Milos Veljkovic[/TD]
[TD]Charlton Athletic[/TD]
[TD]Loan[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Arsenal agreed a fee of 15m with Villareal for Gabriel, Joel Campbell on loan the other way for the rest of the year

my sources say

Scott Sinclair passed his medical at Villa

Cuadrado set to sign for Chelsea, Salah going on loan the other way

Is the daily mail reputable?

Reporting that Tim Howard may be on the move to the MLS

I think he is making 3-4 mill a year that would be retarded to pay a keeper that in this league

from July

"For me, I think the MLS ship has sailed," Howard told SB Nation, echoing comments he made back in April. "That's what it looks like anyway. I signed a new four-year contract with Everton. If you cut me open, I bleed blue and I want to finish my career there. I can't foresee myself coming back. I think there was probably a chance before I signed the contract, but not anymore."

Mail make stuff up all the time

to me this screams Howard bad season + injured + Everton struggling = Everton/USA clicks

Yup Sinclair is in for a loan and option to buy for 2mil which is a bit hilarious, see how he does but I'm feeling positive as Gil and Sinclair are the types of players Villa need.
They are also apparently pushing hard for Demba Ba
Finally trying to actually get players that have attacking flare.

I just dont see it, he's had a poor season by his standards but he's 35, as a goalie he can easily have 5-6 years left and I think he's said he wants to play in 2018 right?

if Everton dont want him there's at least 10 PL clubs that would

TFC sign Benoit Cheyrou. Bradley, Giovinco, Cheyrou, Orsorio. That might be a better midfield than some EPL clubs.

Giovinco is coming now

I don't get why schrulle isn't going to a top club in Europe .. Is it because he really doesn't t have a position( he isn't really a striker).. I think he is a really good player

Giovinco is coming now

I don't get why schrulle isn't going to a top club in Europe .. Is it because he really doesn't t have a position( he isn't really a striker).. I think he is a really good player

wolfsburg is putting together a great to challenge for a couple years if their players stick around. But besides, where would you expect schurlle to go - very few leagues can afford him and the ones that do don't need his position. It had to be England or Germany, and Chelsea won't sell in the EPL.

I think he's overrated

On a team with title aspirations he's a sub

Doesn't track back and like braves said no real position

wolfsburg is putting together a great to challenge for a couple years if their players stick around. But besides, where would you expect schurlle to go - very few leagues can afford him and the ones that do don't need his position. It had to be England or Germany, and Chelsea won't sell in the EPL.

Didn't realize Wolfsburg was second in the league, also wasn't aware he had a high enough Salary to keep teams away.

TFC sign Benoit Cheyrou. Bradley, Giovinco, Cheyrou, Orsorio. That might be a better midfield than some EPL clubs.

It's a strong team on paper for the league, reliant on young players not guys past their prime in their 30s. Inexperienced coach, that is kinda of the question mark I guess

I'm not sure if the league is taking off a couple of weeks for gold cup, if not that's going be a real tough stretch for them.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/Tim_Cahill">@Tim_Cahill</a> and the Red Bulls have reached a mutual decision to end his contract.

<a href="http://t.co/5TmJfd8wiV">http://t.co/5TmJfd8wiV</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RBNY?src=hash">#RBNY</a> <a href="http://t.co/ovDa0FiixW">pic.twitter.com/ovDa0FiixW</a></p>&mdash; New York Red Bulls (@NewYorkRedBulls) <a href="https://twitter.com/NewYorkRedBulls/status/562296269734158336">February 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Finally - pen has been put to paper! <a href="https://twitter.com/Andre_Schuerrle">@Andre_Schuerrle</a> makes the move from Chelsea to the Wolves. Contract until 2019. <a href="http://t.co/Jf7EI77qc9">pic.twitter.com/Jf7EI77qc9</a></p>&mdash; VfL Wolfsburg EN (@VfLWolfsburg_EN) <a href="https://twitter.com/VfLWolfsburg_EN/status/562301847445458944">February 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back