Harbaugh to Michigan

Miles is too old. obviously hope Jimmy comes home but not getting my hopes up at all.

I really have no idea who it's gonna be

remember when everyone was saying lloyd carr was old and didn't have it anymore? he was 62. Miles is 61. program needs stability and someone to light a fire and unite the fanbase -- aka Harbaugh or bust. But if it's not him I hope we don't go Miles. He's had a fine enough career, I just worry how much he has left in the tank for a program that needs some stability. wouldn't be the worst hire but not as exciting to me as it might be to others I guess.

guys I said this 3 months ago it will be harbaugh but its going to be John harbaugh jims all done with SF no matter even if JIM wins the SB he is gone U of M needs jim bad

Mike Riley is no longer available.

I'm starting to think jim harbaugh is a pipe dream, I j can't recall who has left the NFL for college when they have been successful at the NFL

Definitely not a pipedream....prolly a coinflip at this point...

We shall see....rumors will be abundant for awhile now...just sit back and see...

Mike Riley, lol.

Harbaugh might not have a job for him in the NFL once he gets canned. For all we know there isn't one front office that would want to put up with him. Even the Raiders or Jets.

got a guy that works for one of the LSU pay site (grain of salt), and he mentioned with Les having two boys playing varsity sports at two different area high schools, and the way the admin up in michigan is right now, there's no way in hell he leaves. maybe after the kids are done with school, but he ain't leaving until then.

Not sure what Briles is making at Baylor, but I'd give him a call a offer to double his salary.

I wouldn't give Mullen a penny. That guy folded under pressure in the big games this year.

If it was Harbaugh, wouldn't Michigan have to wait 4 weeks or so to make the move? and that's assuming SF misses the playoffs. Has there been a time when an NFL coach announces he is going to college before he's done with his season? I don't remember one. If SF makes the playoffs, Michigan wouldn't be able to name him the coach until after 1/1 at the earliest, right? Can they wait that long? It seems to me that most of these schools want to get a coach in place long before then.

Harbaugh might not have a job for him in the NFL once he gets canned. For all we know there isn't one front office that would want to put up with him. Even the Raiders or Jets.

him and Mark Davis are buddies, Harbaugh in the lead up to the game this weak has been praising Raider fans

I think that one might already be pretty much done

just like Nebraska, Michigan is delusional if they think they can secure a top-ranked football team by throwing money at another average coach. These programs are troubled by much deeper problems than mediocre head coaches. At least hoke was given a better shot than richrod, and the only time hoke won was when he had richrod’s players……. since then richrod has turned around arizona ....hope they find a good one

just like Nebraska, Michigan is delusional if they think they can secure a top-ranked football team by throwing money at another average coach. These programs are troubled by much deeper problems than mediocre head coaches. At least hoke was given a better shot than richrod, and the only time hoke won was when he had richrod’s players……. since then richrod has turned around arizona ....hope they find a good one
good to see someone else that thinks Rich was OK:shake:

If it was Harbaugh, wouldn't Michigan have to wait 4 weeks or so to make the move? and that's assuming SF misses the playoffs. Has there been a time when an NFL coach announces he is going to college before he's done with his season? I don't remember one. If SF makes the playoffs, Michigan wouldn't be able to name him the coach until after 1/1 at the earliest, right? Can they wait that long? It seems to me that most of these schools want to get a coach in place long before then.

Petrino

Jim Harbaugh or Jim Mora Jr.

last i heard is Harbs has until Dec 12 to say he wants it or not or they will turn to Mora.

I am sure its hogwash but its what my sources tell me and i dont have sources.

Praying to God the Bears hire him, we need someone to shake up this squad and put Jay in his place.

Addazio and Briles are both spread guys. Wasn't that half of the problem with Rich Rod? The fans didn't like "the way" they played, wasn't that as much the issue as the result? I think this is why it has to be Harbaugh. Two tights and a fullback.

him and Mark Davis are buddies, Harbaugh in the lead up to the game this weak has been praising Raider fans

I think that one might already be pretty much done

The only way that trends is the wife...

Definitely not done, wishful thinking.

Dude ain't going to a dumpster fire in pros....

Addazio and Briles are both spread guys. Wasn't that half of the problem with Rich Rod? The fans didn't like "the way" they played, wasn't that as much the issue as the result? I think this is why it has to be Harbaugh. Two tights and a fullback.

It wasn't totally the spread...it just wasn't a 'Michigan' guy etc..... #factions #lol

yeah the style was fine, if you're winning no one care what style you're playing... it was him getting rid of all the traditions and the way he handled the job wasn't the greatest. you raise me up.

Schiano "feels" like a good fit, not sure I can articulate why. Defensive guy, tough, salty bastard who won't be afraid of Urban and talking some nonsense.

yeah the style was fine, if you're winning no one care what style you're playing... it was him getting rid of all the traditions and the way he handled the job wasn't the greatest. you raise me up.
of course I don't get it i guess, but what does this mean?

And are they just gonna stay being losers?

What is the "way"?

The only way that trends is the wife...

Definitely not done, wishful thinking.

Dude ain't going to a dumpster fire in pros....

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/07/michigan-job-jim-harbaugh-nfl-raiders

Michigan reached out to San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh about its head coaching vacancy, but left the conversation convinced Harbaugh wants to be an NFL coach next year, reports NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Rapoport reports that there is mutual interest between Harbaugh and the Oakland Raiders because of its proximity to where Harbaugh's family already is and because Harbaugh is a fan of Raiders quarterback Derek Carr.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24872521/harbaugh-trade-market-raiders-top-list-including-dolphins-michigan-out

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis remains hopeful of landing Jim Harbaugh to be his next head coach, league sources said, and is prepared to spend big bucks and part with draft pick compensation to do so. Harbaugh, whose family has expressed a strong desire to remain in the Bay Area in the past, has Raiders ties, and several sources connected to emerging coaching searches believe Oakland will be his most serious suitor.
While many are connecting Harbaugh to the opening at Michigan, where he was a star quarterback, sources close to the coach maintain he is not interested. Harbaugh's family has close ties to outgoing Michigan coach Brady Hoke and Harbaugh is much more interested in NFL possibilities.

And if he ends up in Oakland, it would be anything but a surprise.

raiders are the perfect fit for harbaugh. gets to stay in the bay area and pester the 9ers for years to come. the guy is a bit of a psychopath. he lives for that shit.

Not sure what Briles is making at Baylor, but I'd give him a call a offer to double his salary.

I wouldn't give Mullen a penny. That guy folded under pressure in the big games this year.

I have learned to "never say never", but this will never happen. Briles, his wife and the families are not leaving Baylor. Not being facetious or critical, just listen to Briles accent...he not heading up to Michigan, or anywhere else for that matter. He's living his dream

I have learned to "never say never", but this will never happen. Briles, his wife and the families are not leaving Baylor. Not being facetious or critical, just listen to Briles accent...he not heading up to Michigan, or anywhere else for that matter. He's living his dream
He made it pretty clear he isn't going anywhere near the North yesterday and last evening lol.

He made it pretty clear he isn't going anywhere near the North yesterday and last evening lol.
good point...I did not even take that into consideration when I made my comment.....but he certainly did make that clear

the two obvious names are Miles and Jim Harbaugh, needless to say. how much a red-ass is Harbaugh in terms of his pride and ego this time after getting spurned the last time? then again, he might be humbled in about 3 weeks by the Niner brass..

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/07/michigan-job-jim-harbaugh-nfl-raiders

Michigan reached out to San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh about its head coaching vacancy, but left the conversation convinced Harbaugh wants to be an NFL coach next year, reports NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Rapoport reports that there is mutual interest between Harbaugh and the Oakland Raiders because of its proximity to where Harbaugh's family already is and because Harbaugh is a fan of Raiders quarterback Derek Carr.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24872521/harbaugh-trade-market-raiders-top-list-including-dolphins-michigan-out

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis remains hopeful of landing Jim Harbaugh to be his next head coach, league sources said, and is prepared to spend big bucks and part with draft pick compensation to do so. Harbaugh, whose family has expressed a strong desire to remain in the Bay Area in the past, has Raiders ties, and several sources connected to emerging coaching searches believe Oakland will be his most serious suitor.
While many are connecting Harbaugh to the opening at Michigan, where he was a star quarterback, sources close to the coach maintain he is not interested. Harbaugh's family has close ties to outgoing Michigan coach Brady Hoke and Harbaugh is much more interested in NFL possibilities.

And if he ends up in Oakland, it would be anything but a surprise.

Every NFL guy is gonna report NFL...and it could happen...but that is their m.o.

Any college job is like a step-down in NFL eyes so they will report what makes them happy and what they want. Simple as that.

Is it truth that Oakland isn't letting season ticket holders renew for next year with the no stadium deal and possible move?

I think Schiano discipline is exactly what they need. whoever they hire, it will most definitely make a bigger splash and be received better than Riley to Nebraska

Hunt is messing around with that post....I think...because the Blue crowd would flip a lid with either one of those hires...

Cowherd keeps saying he's heard a candidate's name that should become public any day now. Won't say who it is, but said he's a current coach with nfl and pro experience, and would make a lot of sense. No idea who he's talking about and how accurate his info may be, or if he's just doing this for attention, which he most certainly is doing at least in part. He does love to tell everyone he knows something we don't.

Hunt is messing around with that post....I think...because the Blue crowd would flip a lid with either one of those hires...

Other than Miles and Harbaugh (Jim not John), what other names out there will appease Big Blue's fanbase?? Mark Messner? Erick Anderson (i'm obviously joking with those two names).

seriously though. Schiano is as good a name as there is right now in terms of coaches who are available to Michigan. Addazio is a very solid coach too. Both guys are tough, disciplinarian, hard-nosed types. bo schembechler molds ala Les but is Les going to go North? Is his stock as high in Michigan's eyes as it was 5 yrs ago? is Harbaugh going to put his ego/pride aside to go to the school that spurned him once before?

Schiano or Addazio are absolutely not jokes for this job, especially Schiano

Cowherd keeps saying he's heard a candidate's name that should become public any day now. Won't say who it is, but said he's a current coach with nfl and pro experience, and would make a lot of sense. No idea who he's talking about and how accurate his info may be, or if he's just doing this for attention, which he most certainly is doing at least in part. He does love to tell everyone he knows something we don't.

it is the 49ers offensive co

Is it truth that Oakland isn't letting season ticket holders renew for next year with the no stadium deal and possible move?

ya local guys just said its team policy because they have no lease for it next year

put pressure on the city after ST holders complain

Roman? With no head coaching exp?

His name was thrown about a fair bit a year ago for the Penn State, Washington Huskies and Houston Texans jobs, so having his named linked to Michigan isn't a surprise.

If it's true then Michigan are obvioulsy too stupid to learn from the Weis and Muschamp mistakes others have made

Other than Miles and Harbaugh (Jim not John), what other names out there will appease Big Blue's fanbase?? Mark Messner? Erick Anderson (i'm obviously joking with those two names).

seriously though. Schiano is as good a name as there is right now in terms of coaches who are available to Michigan. Addazio is a very solid coach too. Both guys are tough, disciplinarian, hard-nosed types. bo schembechler molds ala Les but is Les going to go North? Is his stock as high in Michigan's eyes as it was 5 yrs ago? is Harbaugh going to put his ego/pride aside to go to the school that spurned him once before?

Schiano or Addazio are absolutely not jokes for this job, especially Schiano

Gruden. Payton. Both big long shots but there's a couple. Miles wouldn't do much for me other than being a name.

Sean Payton?

WHAT?!
there have been a few things -- this is probably most notable. again, I think it's a long shot, as I think most would agree, but it's a name that's being thrown out and one that would be one of the few exciting hires. fits the Cowherd description too.

Ben Estes @benestes91 · Dec 5

No idea how likely it actually is, but it seems Payton would have interest in the job if approached. That's my interpretation.
<b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target" data-aria-label-part="">0 replies6 retweets2 favorites<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply js-tooltip" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" title="Reply" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Reply</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet js-tooltip" title="Retweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Retweet6</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite js-tooltip" type="button" data-original-title="Favorite" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Favorite2</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-tooltip js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" title="More" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More</button>

</b>

Take it FWIW of course but this coach’s connection is to Payton and not Michigan, so it’s more an indicator of his interest than Michigan’s.
<b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target" data-aria-label-part=""><b class="ProfileTweet-fullname u-linkComplex-target" data-aria-label-part="">0 replies9 retweets3 favorites<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply js-tooltip" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" title="Reply" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Reply</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet js-tooltip" title="Retweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Retweet9</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite js-tooltip" title="Favorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Favorite3</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-tooltip js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" title="More" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(204, 214, 221); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; top: 4px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More</button>

</b></b>

One bit of Michigan search info I can share--there’s one well-known current head coach who believes Michigan is going to hire Sean Payton.

Back