Michigan cheating…

I am trying to understand the B1G stance in the 13 page letter to UM, stating that knowing the signals could have caused injuries to opponents.

I don't get this point.

Football is football, tackling is tackling, blocking is blocking, etc. How would knowing the play be any different than not knowing it and simply reacting as football players?

Were they thinking this would be Roy Williams of OU jumping over the texass OL back in the day like Superman?

Seriously, I don't get it.

BTW, i don't think The Commish liked UM's 10 page letter acting like a tough guy.

Also, some of that 10 page letter from UM included content written by a poster on a UM fan site !!!!

I'll be shocked if Harbaugh and Michigan do not get a TRO with ease. Harbaugh has Mars who is a very good lawyer and has proved he knows how to take on the suits of college football and tie them in knots.

A TRO would be automatic in most jurisdictions when a government entity totally ignores due process, which the Big 10 did in this case.

The only thing I don't understand is why the conference wants to open this can of worms without having all the evidence. That makes no sense from a legal standpoint.

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if Harbaugh and Michigan do not get a TRO with ease, Harbaugh has Mars who is a very good lawyer and has proved he knows how to take on the suits of college football and tie them in knots.

A TRO would be automatic in most jurisdictions when an entity totally ignores due process which the Big 10 did in this case.

The only thing I don't understand is why the conference wants to open this can of worms without having all the evidence. That makes no sense from a legal standpoint.

Acting emotional never works.

IF IF IF Michigan can survive, Motivation through the roof for them. They lost to TCU in a defensive debacle of a game. Now this angle?

Maybe Penn State can elevate this week off of coaching or intangibles. if not Penn State has a better chance of losing. Maybe its a FG game or something really close.

Harbaugh MOST LIKELY coaches tomorrow is the WOTS. Bet.
Correct. The TRO apparently is already granted. The public announcement is still to come.

We told this to everyone earlier in the week and also this morning as well. So, there shouldn't be anyone surprised at all.

Again, Michigan didn't bring in one of the heavy hitting law firms in the country for a 'chance'. This group also doesn't take on cases they aren't going to be successful in.

Small tits won't be commissioner for too long. He made his bed today.

IF IF IF Michigan can survive, Motivation through the roof for them. They lost to TCU in a defensive debacle of a game. Now this angle?

Maybe Penn State can elevate this week off of coaching or intangibles. if not Penn State has a better chance of losing. Maybe its a FG game or something really close.
The players are absolutely pissed off, as they should be. The staff is as well .

Penn State honestly cannot like the timing of all this today -- at all.

So this turned out to be what we all thought. An absolute joke. The sentiment is that the b10 is laughable here by all sports fans. My diehard ND fan buddy who hates UM thinks this is a joke of jokes.

So, for the UM players...
- Big distraction with all this?
or
- Galvanizes them even more?

I'm on Michigan fairly large tomorrow and not doing anything except probably adding to it. I'm not really swayed. Allar and Peanut Head in a big game? Easy to fade.

Still, it's interesting to wonder how this is all going down in the locker room.

or

I'm on Michigan fairly large tomorrow and not doing anything except probably adding to it. I'm not really swayed. Allar and Peanut Head in a big game? Easy to fade.

Still, it's interesting to wonder how this is all going down in the locker room.

Every player on the team tweeted bet. They ready.

JJ hasn’t sniffed a real defense this season that’s my only concern for tomorrow. Have they played a top 50 defense?

JJ hasn’t sniffed a real defense this season that’s my only concern for tomorrow. Have they played a top 50 defense?
Definitely something to cap.

My thing with JJ, is how he responds to adversity.

I'll discuss more late night in the B16 thread.

or

My thoughts exactly. I played them ML though. Don’t want to fuck with the spread in this mess of a situation

Correct. The TRO apparently is already granted. The public announcement is still to come.

We told this to everyone earlier in the week and also this morning as well. So, there shouldn't be anyone surprised at all.

Again, Michigan didn't bring in one of the heavy hitting law firms in the country for a 'chance'. This group also doesn't take on cases they aren't going to be successful in.

Small tits won't be commissioner for too long. He made his bed today.
Disagree.

I get it - wolverine nation is butt hurt. But 13/14 B1G programs are appeased that TP took some action. I think he'll have the support of 13/14ths of the conference all the way thru the addition of the 4 new programs.

I'm sure the Michigan players will gain a chip on their shoulder in response to people trying to invalidate their recent success. A lot of us capped the Astros accordingly after their scandal broke and invested in Astros futures

Disagree.

I get it - wolverine nation is butt hurt. But 13/14 B1G programs are appeased that TP took some action. I think he'll have the support of 13/14ths of the conference all the way thru the addition of the 4 new programs.
If this guy somehow causes Michigan to leave the conference he won't be around long. Screwing around with the wrong people and in this case Michigan is one of the two big entities won't end well for the commissioner.

I am trying to understand the B1G stance in the 13 page letter to UM, stating that knowing the signals could have caused injuries to opponents.

I don't get this point.

Football is football, tackling is tackling, blocking is blocking, etc. How would knowing the play be any different than not knowing it and simply reacting as football players?

Were they thinking this would be Roy Williams of OU jumping over the texass OL back in the day like Superman?

Seriously, I don't get it.

BTW, i don't think The Commish liked UM's 10 page letter acting like a tough guy.

Also, some of that 10 page letter from UM included content written by a poster on a UM fan site !!!!
I would assume they are doing this to claim that the "independent investigative firm" is a whistleblower so they will have a reason to keep their identity hidden.

Contrary to what some of you might be hearing, the TRO has Not been ruled on yet.

The decision could be made soon but as of 10 am EST it has Not been ruled on yet.

Reactions: KJ
I'm sure the Michigan players will gain a chip on their shoulder in response to people trying to invalidate their recent success. A lot of us capped the Astros accordingly after their scandal broke and invested in Astros futures
After losing by 24 in AA last year, I think Nittany Lions players will be amped up as well.

If this guy somehow causes Michigan to leave the conference he won't be around long. Screwing around with the wrong people and in this case Michigan is one of the two big entities won't end well for the commissioner.
Good point. Time will tell.

But if the evidence is damming, and there is no reason right now to believe it is not, then the consensus of the other 13 will be to protect him and buckeye nation who has a huge say in this, will have his back.

Michigan can threaten to leave, but they're not going anywhere imo.

Contrary to what some of you might be hearing, the TRO has Not been ruled on yet.

The decision could be made soon but as of 10 am EST it has Not been ruled on yet.
This whole thing makes Days of Our Lives seam like reality tv

The NCAA provided evidence to the B1G that has not been revealed as of yet.

No timeline on when it will be revealed but it exists. I don't know what it is but it does not sound favorable to UM.

The NCAA provided evidence to the B1G that has not been revealed as of yet.

No timeline on when it will be revealed but it exists. I don't know what it is but it does not sound favorable to UM.

The B1G already released their statement. It's nothing none of us in here didn't already know.

Back