Friday in the Association

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
67-54 +34.40 units

Here is todays play. Feel like it will stay away from the trapish side of things..lol

Boston -5.5 -110 3 units

Quick Random Thoughts on rest of card:

I really do like Orlando in this spot but the Dooling and Hedo bumps and bruises concern me somewhat. I guess it goes both ways though with Kobias and Pau also banged up. Up here in Auburn Hills this is a revenge game for Detroit. Line is way to high but I am guessing Brandon doesn't play tonight. I do like Tucks idea of a Detroit first qtr for what its worth. Sheed should have a big one tonight. He gets up to play these young up and comers and this is the Blazers afterall. Really wanted to fire on the Bobcats but I just don't have a good enough feel for them right now. Definetaly think thats the correcr side though. Atlanta favored at home. Gooden is obviously a key here but Atlanta will be hard pressed to keep Bron under 35 tonight. Wouldn't touh that game. Almost played Toronto. Still may.

Thats it. Good luck tonight.:cheers:

derek anderson and matt carroll are doubtful tonight for the kitties. I would already be on it if not for that...

BAR,

What do you think of the over in Boston/Minnie ?? I like the over, but was wondering what everyone else thought.:cheers:

No opinion Cats fan...very low scoring last meeting..I do see more points this time for sure

I disagree here, leaned towards Minni, but decided to pass at the end. Two teams are too familiar with one another. In <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
Boston</st1:City>, Celtics barely won and with Garnett out, <ST1:pJefferson</ST1:p is going to have a blast in the paint. Jaric is way too smart for a dumb player like Rondo and should own the game pace.<O:p</O:p

Hope you hit this one, since I passed on the game anyway, but if I had to make a bet here, Minni looks like a decent bet, maybe SU even.<O:p</O:p</O:p

I disagree here, leaned towards Minni, but decided to pass at the end. Two teams are too familiar with one another. In <st1:city w:st="[/IMG]Boston</st1:City">, Celtics barely won and with Garnett out, <st1>:pJefferson</st1>:p is going to have a blast in the paint. Jaric is way too smart for a dumb player like Rondo and should own the game pace.<o>:p</o>:p</st1:city>
Hope you hit this one, since I passed on the game anyway, but if I had to make a bet here, Minni looks like a decent bet, maybe SU even.<o>:p</o>:p:p

:36_11_6:

your actually going to use Jaric as a positive for the Wolves?:36_11_6:

Jaric is a 6'7'' shooting guard... Why would a 6'1'' PG play him??? And there is no way he would control the pace if he were playing Rondo. I don't know where you drew the conclusion that rondo was "dumb", but i think you are waay off point. Have you watched Rodno recently. he has be Super aggresive and is turning into a real scoring threat. With KG out, he has taken on a lot of the scoring load. He would frustrate the hell out of Jaric becuase there is no way he could keep up. Cassell got so frustrated the other night trying to guard him that he punched him in the head after Rondo blew by him and got ejected.

jaric.. give me a break

:36_11_6:

your actually going to use Jaric as a positive for the Wolves?:36_11_6:

Can't believe it myself, but yes. In this very narrow and one time thing scenario, he is a plus.

Slug, Jaric is can play on both positions and do it well. He is more of a PG than a SG, but like I said, can play both and played SG most of the season this year.
Scoring threat and "Super agressive" doesn't mean that a player can't be dumb. I saw him this season at least in a 7 - 8 games and the guy just doesn't have PG's basic understandings. He is too short to play SG, so he stuck at the PG position and given a fact he is not a bad, agressive defender, he can guard as well other PG. Still, he lacks the vision of the floor, the tempo control is terrible and he mediocre PG. Telfair got more talent, but not too clever player as well, but Jaric will take control over the ball if needed.

Last edited:
telfair is better than rondo??? is that why boston would not give him up in the KG deal but happily threw telfair in there like every other team that he has played on has? I guess we just disagree on the fact that Rondo doesn't have "basic pg understandings". I don't know how to convince you otherwise, but i think you are wrong. If what you mean by "understanding" is assists/game than i guess he doesn't understand as well as some other pg in the league. He does what he is asked to do in that offense. I stand behind my statment that jaric can't guard rondo. Gotta say, i don't watch many twolves games and did not know that jaric will guard the 1, but i hope for the wolves sake, he doesn't try tonight. I guess we will see, but jaric isn't quick enough. i do beleive that in a switch, Rondo would have his trouble's guarding jaric becuase of the height advantage. Rondo has trouble playing d'ing up bigger guards.

I'd appreciate if you went into a little more depth into why you think Rondo is dumb.

your right i dont' watch nba games; i just hang out in nba forums

I'm not taking sides either way on this one. I've seen only a handful of Wolves games this year because, quite frankly, they are crap. However Slug, how the hell can you be objective with that clover-leafed logo of yours? Man, don't be such a homer. Each player poses unique attributes that can give him an advantage. Jaric can be a handful when he's on defense because of his length. Sure, he is a little slower, but does move well laterally and can block shots from smaller guards. Rondo is quick, but doesn't see many, if any, big guards playing against him. How will he react? Not sure, but he didn't light it up the last time they played.

Not sure about the dumb comment though specifically for Rondo. You could probably make that argument for a lot of players in this league.

I don't know a ton about the NBA either but I do know that Rondo is better than that sad sack of shit Telfair...how many teams has that guy been on since he's been in the Association?!

Rondo can't guard Jaric in the post and Jaric can't guard Rondo off the dribble...an Over's dream if those two try and guard each other.

i'll change my avatar. I just know my celts well. I don't chime in on a lot of other teams becuase i'm just not as familiar with them. But i have seen time and again rondo abuse slower guards on the offensive end. he has trouble on D when he plays a guard that can post him up, he is helpless. I have no problem talking about my celtics weakness's but i also know thier strengths and rondo has been one of them recently.

rondo's defense pressing people is underated. he's part of the reason for the C's success, not just the big 3.

I don't know who is better, Telfair or Rondo, but I perfer Rondo to be honest, even though Telfair got more potential than him.
There are smart players, players who really understand basketball. It is to know when to play faster and when to slow down, when to shoot the ball and when to pass. Where do you navigate your offense. Rondo just puts his head down and charges and than he starts to think, what to do with the ball? Do I pass, do I shoot? He rushes the ball many times, when his team mates aren't ready yet and many times, when the game losses control, instead of slowing the game and going back to the basics, as a contender team should, he continues the fast pace game, that is great for the underdogs, since when the game is a mess, usually wins not the team that is better, but the teams who wants it more.
I really hate to bring this up in American forum, but Europeans have much better basketball fundementals than the US players (I don't mean Milicic). I saw so many games in Europe and you just can see the young guys, coming straight from college or from the NBA, like BAR's boy, Horace Jenkins or Will Bynum and man, how on earth did they get to be in the NBA? They just don't have the basics.

Not sure about the dumb comment though specifically for Rondo. You could probably make that argument for a lot of players in this league.

You're right, Rondo isn't different from many other players in the league, that just lack the basics.

It's not about the avatar man. Just be objective like you were in your last post. Being able to spot the weaknesses of your team makes you a better capper. Of course, I would have a much easier time trying to find the strengths of the Wolves, because they are terrible.

It was looking like they had the lottery all locked up about a month ago and then they started playing very well. I must say that Jefferson is a beast in the paint. He has a ton more skill around the basket than I thought, and much more than KG (coming from a huge KG fan). I think their success lately has been largely on the shoulders of Jefferson, but Gomes has shot the ball well from the outside and Telfair has been effective getting to the basket and dishing it off. The wolves are at their worst when the outside shots are not falling because then teams can fall back and double Big Al in the post. He doesn't pass as well out of the post as KG, so that creates more turnovers and missed opportunities. Lately, we've seen Gomes and even McCants hitting from outside consitently. When they do that, they can hang with quite a few teams.

You're right, Rondo isn't different from many other players in the league, that just lack the basics.

All you have to do is look at the recent outcomes of the Olympics and world championships to see that (plus, George Karl is an idiot). Fundamentals are horrible in the states for the most part. Heck, fundamentally sound players are often ridiculed here because they aren't "flashy" enough.

oh, last thing...

Good luck tonite BAR.

I rarely comment on your plays like I did the other nite when you took the Hawks...

...and you can probably see why now.

Have far too many games now but positionally Boston playing Cleveland, Boston playing at Minn and Boston playing the Spurs does not argue for a bet on Boston at the Wolves.

"...He is too short to play SG, so he stuck at the PG position..."

What??!??? The dude is taller than probably 90% of all SGs in the league.

Back