fcs bullsheet

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
It's the second round of the FCS playoffs on Saturday.
I have played on
Villanova +9 @ James Madison,
Weber State +7 1/2 @ Montana
Northern Iowa -4 v New Hampshire

Top two are re-matches of games played earlier this year.
JMU beat Villanova by 4 pts on a hail mary as time expired.
Weber State beat Montana quite handily at Montana, a game they dominated. These points look quite generous to me.
It takes a very good team to win on the road in these games.
UNH only 4th best team in their conf , and altho they did beat NIU a year ago, this year's team is not as strong. I am not big on revenge, but NIU does have that factor going for them.

GL all

I hope you got on Nova before I moved the line about 20 minutes ago bull...

I like that play also.

I took u58 in the game also, as Nova's O is so methodical, and moves the ball inch by inch, and will just shred the clock if they have any type of a lead.

I also played App -4, as I just don't think Richmond will be able to keep up. They just don't have that big play capability, and Boone is just too tough of a place to play, especially for a team that doesn't like the road and has fans that won't even go to home games, less alone road ones.

So I've got....

App -4
Nova +9
JMU/Nova u58

Its a shame that those lines moved even with the mini bets I made. I was just going to try and pick a little here, and a littler there to get enough down, but even that didn't work this morning. Insta-moves.

Good luck.

App State was the one I was looking into but don't know much about Richmond. GL fellas.

Timh--I am looking long and hard at App too.

I know you were on them last week, but don't know if you got to watch the game or not--it seems as though something isn't quite right with App QB Edwards to me.

Not that I am a FCS expert like Bull and Hoops, but I have seen Edwards play a fair amount--last week he did not seem to be himself--the acceleration/break away didn't seem to be there, and he was much more inaccurate with his passes than usual. At least he was healthy enough to give us the miracle illogical Hail Mary at the end to cover the 2nd half spread.

More to Hoops point--Last weekend was Thanksgiving weekend and there was a sparse crowd of around 13,000. Tomorrow in Boone they are expecting 30,000--for what it is worth. I expect the crowd to give App that extra push and a TD plus victory. Good luck gentlemen.

Timh--I am looking long and hard at App too.

I know you were on them last week, but don't know if you got to watch the game or not--it seems as though something isn't quite right with App QB Edwards to me.

Not that I am a FCS expert like Bull and Hoops, but I have seen Edwards play a fair amount--last week he did not seem to be himself--the acceleration/break away didn't seem to be there, and he was much more inaccurate with his passes than usual. At least he was healthy enough to give us the miracle illogical Hail Mary at the end to cover the 2nd half spread.

More to Hoops point--Last weekend was Thanksgiving weekend and there was a sparse crowd of around 13,000. Tomorrow in Boone they are expecting 30,000--for what it is worth. I expect the crowd to give App that extra push and a TD plus victory. Good luck gentlemen.

Tuna very good observation there and I too have watched him play a lot of games over the last couple years including live at the Final two years ago vs. UMass which was a great game. He seemed to be bothered by the pass rush more than I have ever seen him and I'm not sure if it was physical or just that he was a little slow reacting that night. The TO's were something we didn't count on in the 1h that really kept SCST in the game. Good point on the crowd support too, they really love that team down there and its certainly a tough place to play. App St. D seemed to be improving but did give up quite a bit on the ground at least in the 1H vs. SCST last week. I need to check into Richmond and would appreciate any comments anyone has there on their team.

Richmond played Virginia early in the season and lost 16-0.
It was a pretty evenly played game, one in which Richmond desewrved better. It was 3-0 or 7-0 after 3 quarters, if I remember correctly , might even have been 0-0. I do know that UVA scored twice in the last quarter, once very late which cost me a cover. Richmond has two losses in conference, each by a touchdown , to teams that are better than they are- JMU and Villanova.
Here's what the staff writer for sports network has to say about the game.
"

No. 7 Richmond (10-3) at No. 2 Appalachian State (11-2), 12 p.m.
In two of the past three seasons, Richmond's season has met its end at the hands of a team from the Southern Conference. The Spiders will look to avoid that trend when they meet three-time defending national champion Appalachian State for the second-straight postseason, only this time's battle occurs in the quarterfinals.
Appalachian State toppled Richmond 55-35 in last year's semifinals, turning in a spectacular offensive show.
Aside from the fact Richmond and Appalachian State are meeting less than a year later, there is much more shared between the two teams entering the 2008 encounter than the obvious. The Spiders and the Mountaineers represent two of just five teams that have made quarterfinal appearances the past four seasons.
The two also share a pair of common opponents, Elon and James Madison, both going 1-1 on the season in their respective meetings with the two schools. ASU lost 35-32 to JMU in September, but beat Elon 24-16 In November. Richmond dropped a heartbreaking 38-31 decision to James Madison in the middle of the year, but defeated Elon 28-10 in the season-opener.
ASU and Richmond have met six times since the 1974 season, with the Mountaineers holding a 4-2 lead in the all-time series edge. Appalachian State holds a 3-0 advantage in the FCS postseason and hasn't suffered defeat at the hands of the Spiders since the 1978 season.
The Mountaineers have also won 41 of the past 42 games since 2003 at Kidd Brewer Stadium and have captured an FCS record 13 consecutive postseason wins.
Like the 2007 encounter between the two squads, Richmond brings an offense that favors the run (185 yards per game), but sports more balance than some of the previous Dave Clawson-led Richmond clubs. The Spiders, who were led by one of the nation's leading rushers Tim Hightower last year (1,924 yards), are now paced by another of the nation's best runners, Josh Vaughan (1,503 yards, 16 TDs).
Last season, Appalachian was able to hold Hightower 44 yards under his 141- yards-per-game average entering the semifinal contest. It was quarterback Eric Ward (2,311 yards, 14 TDs, seven interceptions) and wide receiver Kevin Grayson (51 catches, 14.3 yards per catch, 729 yards, two TDs) that provided the biggest challenge to the ASU defense. Grayson put together the best receiving performance of his 2007 CAA Freshman of the Year campaign, hauling in seven Ward passes for a then career-high 122 yards and two TDs in Richmond's semifinal loss to the Mountaineers.
Meanwhile, Ward recorded his one of his best career performances, passing for 208 yards, two TDs and an interception, while also rushing for 79 yards and a TD in the loss to Appalachian. Ward was named national player of the week after leading the Spiders to a 28-10 season-opening win at common opponent and 15th- ranked Elon. Ward connected on 17-of-22 throws for 236 yards and two TDs to lead the Spiders to the road win.
While Grayson has acted as more of a possession receiver this fall, Tre Gray (45 receptions, 13.1 yards per catch, 602 yards, four TDs) has been a solid compliment, both as a possession-type receiver and a deep threat in the Richmond passing game.
Defensively, the Spiders bring the nation's fifth-ranked defense (251 yards per game) into Kidd Brewer Stadium. The Richmond defense, which returned eight starters from the 2007 unit, has held six-straight opponents to less than 100 yards rushing. Appalachian hasn't been limited to 100 yards on the ground, since LSU allowed the Mountaineers to just 52 yards in the season opener.
Powering the Richmond defense in 2008 has been an outstanding defensive line, anchored by two of the nation's top defensive ends, Sherman Logan (12 tackles for loss, six sacks) and Lawrence Sidbury Jr. (16 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks).Both were forced to miss last season's semifinal encounter with the Mountaineers due to injuries.
Richmond also boasts one of the CAA's and nation's premier group of linebackers, led by Colin McConaghy (54 tackles) and Eric McBride (85 tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks). McConaghy missed the past two games with an elbow injury, but is expected to return the lineup against ASU.
As strong as Richmond's front seven has been this season, its secondary has helped the defense put together a record-setting season, recording a school- record 23 interceptions. Eight different Spiders have interceptions, led by cornerback Justin Rodgers (41 tackles, six interceptions) and safety Derek Hatcher (64 tackles, five tackles for loss, four interceptions).
Like his counterpart Ward, Edwards (2,579 yards, 29 TDs, four interceptions, 938 rushing yards, 10 TDs) is coming off a career-best passing performance, setting a school record by throwing for 433 yards, four TDs and two interceptions in the 37-21 win over South Carolina State. It was Edwards who set an all divisions record for rushing yards for a quarterback in last season's win over Richmond, running for 313 yards and four TDs. He accounted for seven TDs in the semifinal meeting, including completing 14-of-16 passes for 182 yards and three TDs, to finish the night with 495 yards of total offense. Edwards was named one of the three finalists for the Walter Payton Award this week and is the nation's leader in passing efficiency.
While Edwards is still the team's leading rusher, the Mountaineers biggest offensive question entering the 2008 campaign was how to replace the school's all-time leading rusher, Kevin Richardson. ASU, which saw starter Devon Moore go down with a season-ending injury against James Madison, has been relied on the legs of both Robert Welton (536 yards, 11 TDs) and Devon Radford (509 yards, four TDs) for a majority of the season.
The top options in the passing game for ASU continue to be receivers CoCo Hillary (46 catches, 13.9 average, five TDs) and Brian Quick (17 receptions, 23.6 average, seven TDs), while Ben Jorden (24 grabs, 17.2 yards per catch, 413 yards, five TDs) has emerged as one of the nation's top tight ends in the nation as a redshirt freshman. The trio combined with Edwards to account for all four passing scores in last week's first-round win.
The cornerstone of success for Appalachian State's defense in 2008 has been a veteran corps of linebackers, with Southern Conference defensive player of the year Jacque Roman (113 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, four fumble recoveries, two sacks, two interceptions), Pierre Banks (79 tackles, four tackles for loss, two sacks, 11 pass break-ups) and D.J. Smith (109 tackles, six tackles for loss) leading the way.
The Mountaineer secondary has been able to reload with the nation's leader in interceptions, Mark LeGree (10 interceptions) at safety. Cortez Gilbert (66 tackles, 16 pass break-ups, two interceptions) will likely draw the assignment of covering Grayson, and has been one of the country's elite cover-corners in 2008.
A year ago ASU burned Richmond with its superior speed and while the Spiders are better defensively, they still trail the Mountaineers in terms of talent and would need a near-perfect game to derail the three-time champs. Appalachian State 38, Richmond 24"

I hope you got on Nova before I moved the line about 20 minutes ago bull...

Hoops- I just looked and it's 8 1/2 ; I did get it at 9.

good deal hoops and bull my book is finally showing these lines I will be on them

If you are considering taking Appy State, I would get on it soon as the line is climbing--I just took it at -5.5 and it is -6 at my other book.

Bull--Many thanks for the info on Richmond.

I just played Albany -7 over Jacksonville.

I wanted to grab the 6 last night, but I also wanted to wait to bet more than $10 on it at -120.

They will CRUSH Jacksonville today. Jax was lucky to get Dayton, and San Diego at home this season, and was able to squeak out wins against both teams. Now they have to travel from warm and sunny FL up to the hell that is Albany, NY, to play today.

Albany has scheduled UP so much, its not even funny. 3 losses were to UMass, Delaware, and UNH... All CAA teams. Jacksonville loses by 35-40 in all those games, easy.

Albany large... try and get it before they realize I just bet it.

Hoops, I did look at it briefly and decided that I needed more time to analyze.
I was troubled by the fact that Pioneer Conf won this game last two years, I believe.
Otherwise I did like Albany, but instead of getting more data to decide I wound up accompanying wife on XMas tree purchase this AM
GL - Hope you hit it.

I just played Albany -7 over Jacksonville.

I wanted to grab the 6 last night, but I also wanted to wait to bet more than $10 on it at -120.

They will CRUSH Jacksonville today. Jax was lucky to get Dayton, and San Diego at home this season, and was able to squeak out wins against both teams. Now they have to travel from warm and sunny FL up to the hell that is Albany, NY, to play today.

Albany has scheduled UP so much, its not even funny. 3 losses were to UMass, Delaware, and UNH... All CAA teams. Jacksonville loses by 35-40 in all those games, easy.

Albany large... try and get it before they realize I just bet it.

28-0 qualifies as a CRUSH, right?

:cheers:

Back