Week 6 in the FCS

Yeah, I froze on LIU - Duquesne. It's like they put the line right in the middle of what I needed to go one way or the other.

It opened 14.5 at BM and then a minute later 14.5 at BOL but quickly that went away. You could buy to 13.5 -145 at BM at open

holy shit Lafayette -17.5! Damn Fordham is completely dead but that a big number

First ever DII bet

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 10-53-10 MyBookie - Sports Home.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 10-53-10 MyBookie - Sports Home.png
    44 KB · Views: 9
I fell asleep at halftime of the 8:00 games! That's a first

Let's look back at the latest example of the crazy world of college football:

Brown beats Harvard last week, loses at home to Bryant this week

McNeese beats Weber last week, loses at Houston Christian this week

Penn essentially has TWO 2H possessions on offense

Delaware State leads 17-6 4Q yet loses 17-28 allowing a crushing 55y TD run with 1:08 left

St Thomas blocks TWO punts for TD!

Tennessee Tech missed a 42y FG as time expired allowing South Carolina State to get the win

Lindenwood led 20-7 HT, but Tennessee State outscored them 17-0 2H, Lindenwood lost 3 fumbles including just 2 plays into their final possession with 1min left after the D had gotten them the ball back

The Citadel led 13-0 and 16-3, but Furman went ahead with 1min to go for the 17-16 win

Presbyterian never trailed at San Diego, until the final in OT when the Torres got an 87y scoop-score TD to win!

What is crazier that Portland State had it's home opener on October 5th or the fact that UC Davis never let this game until there were :00 on the clock. They actually never led this game with :00 on the clock the first time around. After driving the length of the filed in the final minute an incomplete pass appeared to hit the ground as time expired in the EZ. But officials decided there should be :01 left and what an important one second that was. With another play UCD caught a TD pass right at the goal line and was tackled short of it, but the official standing right next to the play raised his arms indicating the ball had broken the plane and UCD avoids major upset.

Towson beats William & Mary for the second straight year

Hampton led by 14 twice including halfway through the 4th quarter, but lost in double OT to Rhode Island

A week after Montana allows 49 pts in a win, they allow 55 pts but this time lost to Weber State!

Stony Brook led Villanova 17-14 HT, but Nova outscores them 28-7 2H behind Fr RB David Avit's 183y rushing and 4 TDs on just 13 carries (Freshman yardage record).

Abilene Christian got their first ever win vs a top 5 ranked team in beating Central Arkansas

Western Illinois has now won 2 straight games!

Jackson State led 38-10 HT, they won 45-38

Two late thrillers which I was sleeping for those endings unfortunately: Tarleton led 21-0 early, but Southern Utah would come back to lead 31-28! Tarleton goes down and ties with about a minute left. Then Southern Utah throws an INT at their own 27 with :55 left... Tarleton would miss a 24y FG in the final seconds and they go to OT where Tarleton scores TD first...Southern Utah has to converted a 4th down and then score a TD, BUT the xpt is no good! Idaho State - Cal Poly was also tied late 38-38 but ISU kicks a walk off 24y FG in regulation to get to 3 wins (as many as they had all of last year).

I want to talk more about two games that were key to how things played out for me. Penn at Dartmouth and St Francis at Delaware State were finishing about the same time and I was watching Dartmouth with a 3 pt lead on a what would end up being a 20p 74y 10 minute drive converting 3rd down after 3rd down as I cling to +5.5, +3.5 and ML bets on Penn. It is funny you know because I want Penn to stop them so I can get the ball back and try to win, but then the tipping point comes, 'ok just make this the final don't allow Dartmouth to score'. Well Dartmouth damn nearly did score with a 1st-goal at the 10, Penn only has 1 timeout left. Dartmouth can almost run out the clock...Penn D made 3 tackles between the 1 and the goal line including a 4th down stop with :11 left and it stays a 3 pt game and goes final - thank God! Dartmouth had the ball for 22 minutes in the 2H!

Now the other game I'm sweating - Delware fucking State. +10, +7.5, +7, +5.5 and ML. Looks like a breeze all game. They lost by 11. The critical point is this - it's 17-6 - DSU would've had a 1st down at the SFU 25, but a holding penalty backs them up to the 40. Ok, on 3rd-15 they get a QB run for 33 yards, first down at the 9 yardline, but unsportsmanlike conduct penalty takes that back to the 43. And on 3rd-30 after a 5y run DSU punts. So lead by 11 4Q. SFU hasn't done shit all game. You know it's coming though. They score and get the 2, they get the onside kick, they score again and now lead 21-17! Ok, all the +point bets are still good right? DSU goes 3-and-out and punts with 3min left. And burn clock and use up DSU timeout time for SFU and it is get the hell out of here with this the final for me. But no, I would win no Delaware State bets because on 1st down from the 45 with just over 1min left, SFU can damn near take some knees, they bust a 55y run and go up 28-17 and that's how it goes.

So what else happend?

Last edited:
How about those 2 Davidson TDs in the span of about a minute in the 4th to cover the 16 at 42-19, after only being up 28-19 with 6mins to go, crazy stuff!

Fordham actually showed a lot more fight than I expected after Lafayette went up 14-0 early. Gotta hand it to those kids as even though I lost that one, they kept fighting til the end and didn't throw in the towel like I thought they would.

Did you happen to catch that abysmal clock management at the end of the first half by No Colorado? What a mess! Actually watched a good bit of that one since I had the over and thankfully that mess didn't hurt the over at all. The SFA v NW State over 45.5 was an absolute gift of a line, just too bad that I was limited to $225, but still nice to not have to sweat a game for even a second as that one was never in doubt.

How about those 2 Davidson TDs in the span of about a minute in the 4th to cover the 16 at 42-19, after only being up 28-19 with 6mins to go, crazy stuff!
Oh yeah, was monitoring that one. They really wanted that last TD too passing for it

I did not see any NoColo Montana St game

I didn’t really see Fordham. That game shows, as it’s always been, nobody stays great or good or bad every game. Teams are up and down each week.

D2 Colorado School of Mines lost, snapping a 31 game non D2 Championship game, win streak.

Who would've guessed back after Central Michigan mopped the floor with them what a cash cow Central Connecticut State would turn into. I have only been on them twice, but they are on a 4 game ATS streak with ML wins of +900 week 2, +210 week 3 and then only lost by 4 to UMass getting +20.5 (were outgained by 200y though) then yesterday they were +119 total yards at Yale and only lost by 1 with two INTs being crucial as they threw a pick at the Y01 and then in the 4Q and INT in their own territory set up Yale on short field for go-ahead score. CCSU was SOD at the Y37 at the end.

Albany should've won by more. Had 222 1H yards but only 6 pts 2-3 FGs with one from the 2 yard line and also SOD at the 1 yard line. They finished with a +188 yard edge. 1 TD on 5 RZ trips for the game. Cornell was also just 1 TD for 4 RZ trips

Austin Peay was outgained by 143 yards but won by 4 at West Georgia. AP only had 3 good drives all game. West Georgia missed FG from the 20 and were SOD at the AP13 and AP21. Wydner passed for 388

Jackson State scored on 6 straight possessions, but had zero pts on their final 4 while Alabama A&M scored on 4 of their final 5 which won them the 2H 28-7 and yielded a 492-366 (5.5-8.1) yardage edge

What a frustrating game to watch. Davidson could get 5-10 yards every time they run it. But they kept getting stupid unsportsmen and personal foul penalties putting them in impossible to convert situations. The QB sucks and I don't know why is in there. Thought the Cleland guy was better. There defense is about as bad as it gets.

Saw Cam Miller hurt his foot and not be able to come back in. Something to watch for next week since the backup guy is more of a runner.

Also won't be going back to BetFred anytime soon. They had a stupid band blaring shitty music into my hears. Did it ever occur to any of the morons that people in the sports book are there to watch and bet the games and shouldn't have their experience ruined by blasting music so loud that you can't hear anything from the main TV. Also the screamers in the book suck. Do we really need to scream Go BIG RED 5000 times in a 3hr hour span. Nebraska sucks. Lost to Illinois and could only score 14 on Rutgers. Plus both Illinois and Iowa produce more corn than you.

Who would've guessed back after Central Michigan mopped the floor with them what a cash cow Central Connecticut State would turn into. I have only been on them twice, but they are on a 4 game ATS streak with ML wins of +900 week 2, +210 week 3 and then only lost by 4 to UMass getting +20.5 (were outgained by 200y though) then yesterday they were +119 total yards at Yale and only lost by 1 with two INTs being crucial as they threw a pick at the Y01 and then in the 4Q and INT in their own territory set up Yale on short field for go-ahead score. CCSU was SOD at the Y37 at the end.
It’s funny because I had CCSU and the over and those missed 2pt conversions did me in as I was hoping for OT so my rooting interest kept going back and forth once I knew the spread was safe. That’s why I tell myself don’t bet side and total haha.

Back