Week 3 in the FCS

And Sacred Heart promptly scores a TD next drive

The fumble to open and then that deep pass on 3rd and long thrown from midfield down to like the 5? 2 GT defenders on him, another in the area and can't make the play. QB extends out of the pocket. That's how things go, but those two plays have put SHU where they are.

The fumble to open and then that deep pass on 3rd and long thrown from midfield down to like the 5? 2 GT defenders on him, another in the area and can't make the play. QB extends out of the pocket. That's how things go, but those two plays have put SHU where they are.
That was basically a hail Mary. Although the play before #4 dropped an easy 40 yard pass. So it kind of evened out

Big day for NEC dogs...CCSU makes it 2 in a row, Duquesne upsets YSU and Wagner beats Delaware State. They're not NEC anymore, but Sacred Heart, well we know what happened there. I didn't ever see a line for Merrimack - Bucknell. Good for me, Merrimack won, also no longer in the NEC. Bad day for NEC favorites Long Island and Fordham.

Fordham 0-3. This game was a frustrating one for me. I had Fordham ML, Stony Brook + and Over 53. So maybe the Over shouldn't have been close and maybe Fordham shouldn't have been close, because they scored twice on D. Their OL was terrible. They passed for 33 yards in the 1H. But as it went, late in the game, couple minutes left, Stony Brook is leading 27-21. Fordham scores a TD, ok game goes over maybe I win all 3. But penalty brings it back. Next play they have a receiver wide open in the middle near the goal line, easy TD, the QB doesn't get enough air on the ball, LB jumps and tips it and DL INTs it. Fordham had another chance in the final seconds, but instead of looking at a 3-0 on the game I go 1-2 on it.

I don't know WTF got into Western Illinois today scoring all those damn points

Not sure why such a big move down on Holy Cross. Key players played and they won. Bryant was up on them early, think they ran a kick back, maybe blk'd a punt. Game was having technical difficulties and couldn't watch any of it til 2H.

Delaware State has now lost their last 3 games outright as a favorite vs Dl. Long Island has also never won a nonconference Dl game they said.

Towson had TWO chances to beat Villanova was late game FGs. Well, the first one would've allowed Nova time to respond. But anyway, Towson doinked a FG off the upright. Villanova has to kill the final 2minutes. RB gets a first down, game over, but he fumbles on the play giving Towson another chance. They went pretty conservative on their last couple plays and set up the FG, missed it. Nova escapes

Heart break in Greeley. Northern Colorado played a hell of a 1H, think they were leading 10-0, but in the final minute ACU got it going for a TD. That seemed to spark them and they took the lead in the 2H. I can't remember the exact score, but UNC comes back to retake the lead in the final minute. Pretty sure they went for 2 and missed so it stayed a 1 pt game. Everyone is dancing, police officers are dancing with the mascot. Abilene goes down for a walk off FG and the win.

Suppose I have one realy stupid game every week, definitely Albany this week. Bit too contrarian. Nice to see Idaho offense does exist though, will make things interesting in Big Sky play to go with that D.

Holy shit.... East Tennessee State! They had North Dakota State on the ropes, nearly down for the count. Bison come from DD down late and take the lead in the final seconds. 4th down conversions, onside kick, you name it. I love upsets, but for some reason I was rooting for NDSU to come back to win it. Say they shouldn't have been in that kind of game vs a team like that, fine. But it was really difficult for them to comeback and win. It was pretty cool. Feel bad for ETSU though, but so much of a better team with new staff and all those Garnder Webb players. They will be in the mix for SoCon

Indiana State QB Owens was scratch. Announcers didn't know when he got hurt, but they said it right away. Indiana State offense sucked. Whoever this QB was, they said he was like 6th string at USC or something. He sucked. Fortunately Indiana State scored twice on defense. Then, depending on your numbers, Dayton scored garbage TD in final minute. The extra point snap hit the holder in the head and they won by 11 instead of 10 had the xpt gone through. Kind of crazy way to win or lose depending on what ticket you had.

Samford is straight up dog shit. Holy hell. I mean, yeah, lose to West Georgia then get manhandled by Florida, ok. Home opener vs Bama State and that is how they looked. Credit ASU D, but no, not really. So bad. Samford did have a chance to cover some of the early lines late with either a break away TD or a FG, but they were able to kill the clock and win by 5.

SIX turnovers cost Texas A&M Commerce. It's hard learning how to win. They had the ball with just a couple minutes left in Grambling territory. Couldn't get the game sealing first down, couldn't add a FG, then couldn't stop the Grambling game tying drive. Grambling scored in OT and first play AM Commerce threw an INT. Fitting.

I'm sure nobody was watching Weber State at Lamar, but I was emotionally involved. WTF was Weber doing? 4th-and goal they trail by 1 with like 3 mintues left and instead of putting the FG team on and taking the lead, they go for it and are stopped at the goal line. Now, it didn't matter, they got Lamar to go 3-and-out and suppose that was part of their plan, but now they had to move the ball into FG position from the other side of the 50. Which they did, but they missed it!

Lucky ass cover on Incarnate Word I tell you. Southern Illinois what offense they had tonight! Incarnate Word, what attrotious defense they had. It all changed with SIU QB got hurt and they couldn't score without him. UIW came from 21 down, mabye 28, but I think 21 and pull within 7 pts late. They get the ball back and are driving, pretty easy, going right down the field. It felt inevitable they were going to score. At like the 25. 1st and 5. Well SIU got some pressure and Calzada paniced and was called for grounding, then next play, grounding again. 3rd and like 30 or something. They did make it managable, but Calzada got pressure again and had to throw desperation into the EZ which was INT'd.

I don't know WTF Missouri State was doing with Lindenwood. I checked this game one and pretty sure it was 28-7, ok going according to plan. Think the final was 28-14. Don't know.

UC Davis had an awesome 3rd Q, but other than that offensively, they were a dud as they've been at times in other games. It is confusing because it shouldn't be that way. Southern Utah is just one of those teams, they grind the games out.

Almost midnight, these two games are closing out the day. Nicholls, twinkie, they are so bad. I did not see any of that LSU game, how or why or what they did to move the ball and score in that game, but their offense has been beyond bad tonight. You see a 7 on the board? That was a pick-six by their D on a deflected pass.

Northern Arizona definitely not bad, Utah Tech very bad.

So that's a wrap. Lots of games I'm not sure what happened in or maybe even who won yet. My day was ok. Always a key game or two that makes the difference. UIW covering the 7.5 was definitely that swing game for me that was in the shitter and came back to save me. Georgetown? It is what it is. It's college football. It happens. I'm actually more upset about the Fordham - Over arrangement that unfolded. When the game is off and the take is wrong and you can tell right away, pretty easy for me to get over it. But the ones that were so close that got away, those ones I think about. Hope you guys maybe middled SHU went that line got to what was it 10? SHU goes from -7 to +10. Ain't that something. And the fuckers covered the -7. I swear there was shady shit with Georgetown lines last year.

Georgetown...as puzzling as it gets. got my ass handed to me all over the forums and twitter for that one. essentially won everything else I bet, but that was unreal. 18 points of movement...none of it mattered. shitty deal. but man, the breaks went SHU way all game...unbelievable.

Georgetown...as puzzling as it gets. got my ass handed to me all over the forums and twitter for that one. essentially won everything else I bet, but that was unreal. 18 points of movement...none of it mattered. shitty deal. but man, the breaks went SHU way all game...unbelievable.

that sucks - publicizing the line, betting the line accordingly were both the right thing to do...and I think we all would take Hoyas plus points again in that game. People that know, know. Just sometimes college football stuff happens, unexplainable events and oddities. I wondered, if that mistake had been made at an offshore, would they have immediately taken the game down and voided all the bets that took advantage of the error, or as carolinablue joked (well, not really) would they let the wagers stand and wait and see if it won or lost then voided them or not. I thought about taking SHU + the high points or a little something on the ML, but I was like "nah, they aren't going to win or be within 10 pts"

Back