Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

haha. yea until ron rivera gets fired next year and carolina writes him a blank check to coach Cam, whom he wanted to coach all along. so he takes Nike $$ for another year or so, goest to bcs game, ho hum.
so Carolina gets worse next year?

think about this

haha. yea until ron rivera gets fired next year and carolina writes him a blank check to coach Cam

Exactly. It just takes one owner to not care and open up the checkbook. I honestly think that's the only way Saban gets to coach in the NFL again.

For the record, I wasn't totally sold on this Kelly. Lemme find the post.

so Carolina gets worse next year?

think about this

i doubt they make the playoffs in that division, so i dont need to think about much. rivera was almost fired this year, how he wasnt is mind boggling, late run i guess?? in any event, if cam dont make playoffs in year 3, goodbye ron. and judging by their division and conference, their chances are slim as a jim.

just dont buy the fact that Chip has burned his last bridge in the NFL, its laughable.

So if Carolina really wanted Kelly, and lets say Kelly really wanted to go to Carolina, why would Carolina keep Rivera?. I find it really hard to believe that Kelly turned down these Nfl jobs because he hopes to take the Carolina job someday in the future

I'm not even half kidding, if I'm Haslam and can't get my fourth guy, I just promote Jauron.

Chip is the winner here. He knows full well his offense wont work with lead foot qbs, or aging oft injured ones (vick)

one year in the nfl can change so much, yes Carolina could win 10 games next year, and we would all be shocked. That said Kelly wins because this is a terribly weak draft class for qbs, gets a nike raise, is comfy in eugene and can get in the league with better situations.

With the Browns luck, Jauron would be like, "Um ... I got Western Kentucky on the line here ..."

​I will root for Chip Kelly to lose every game for the rest of his life. Then I'll root for his kid's kids to lose.

So if Carolina really wanted Kelly, and lets say Kelly really wanted to go to Carolina, why would Carolina keep Rivera?. I find it really hard to believe that Kelly turned down these Nfl jobs because he hopes to take the Carolina job someday in the future

they feel giving Ron another shot is best, Ron still has 2 years left on and about 6 mill left on contract. may have had something to do with it. maybe they arent smitten with Chip like Clev and Philly were, I am not personally by any means, unless he gets a Cam/RG3 or Johnny Football??? Hell, Bridgewater will do, maybe even a more polished Taj Boyd.

I dont think its specifically Carolina, but when you look at possibilities in the future, because he know there will be some, and he I am sure he is intelligent enough to look at those when making such a huge life decision, he figured this was best.

Personally, i think he knows his offense is screwed in the nfl without a Cam.

​I will root for Chip Kelly to lose every game for the rest of his life. Then I'll root for his kid's kids to lose.

lol, not me, i think the ducks are good for college football, they are exciting as hell to watch, and respect him for not just taking the $$ with no substance to produce in the nfl based on those situations. it could have gotten ugly for his career and ugly for philly/browns fans. if i was one of their fans i would be thrilled too. its a win win for all parties imo.

I'm not even half kidding, if I'm Haslam and can't get my fourth guy, I just promote Jauron.

Jesus, we might as well just sign up for 6-10 right now if that's the case.

If you can't get the next guy on the list, hire Lovie, at least you know the Browns will threaten the playoffs.

Jesus, we might as well just sign up for 6-10 right now if that's the case.

If you can't get the next guy on the list, hire Lovie, at least you know the Browns will threaten the playoffs.

What's the fucking difference between Lovie and Jauron? Hell. I like Jauron's defense. He gets up early, plays golf alone one round ahead of my pop at the same stuffy club. What's the difference.

Well, I'm not a frustrated billionaire, just a frustrated hundredaire, but I'd say fuck this. Dick J, go win some games.

What's the fucking difference between Lovie and Jauron?

The former has coached a team to the playoffs in the last decade.

In all fairness, I would much rather have Juron than Saban.

Which, to me, isn't saying much, but I do want to be clear. I feel it's the difference between winning six games a year and winning three.

Look, we lost on the splash. And Shurmur sucked. We called that years ago, we begged that fat fuck Holmgren to coach. Haslam and that Banner fucker are probably right to sleep on it. I really, really, really do not want another fuck face like Shurmur. We always suck anyway, let's suck in a fun way.

I really, really, really do not want another fuck face like Shurmur.

I couldn't agree more.

But that's my problem with Jauron. He's that middle of the road retread. You know he's not going to be god-awful, but you also know he's never going to sniff a conference championship game without a lot of help from forces beyond his control.

Dick Jauron is Wade Phillips. It's the same thing as hiring Jack Del Rio or Ron Rivera as soon as he's fired. You know exactly what you're getting and it's honestly not very good.

But it's also still early in the process. You don't need to make this hire for a month if you don't want to.

I just want them to get it right—and to me that isn't hiring a SB guy, it's hiring a guy that's going to continue building this franchise into something respectable.

And it sucks that that's where we are, but that's just where we are.

I think Saban is like Calipari and Pitino, he wins on is ability to illegally recruit kids to come play for him at college. You can't do that in the NFL, you have to be strategic in the draft, free agency, etc. I don't think Nick has the chops for that, he knows it, and that's why he scurried back to college so unceremoniously.

He is currently in the best situation for him.

Isn't he pretty much considered the best defensive backs coach in college history?

That title and five bucks will get you a #5 on Wendy's drive thru menu.

Nick is not spending 16 hours a day at the practice facility in Cleveland fucking Ohio with that bands of clowns on their roster trying to figure out how to win 8 games next season when he can golf all summer in Georgia and take the occasional phone call from Smart to tell him where to meet the bag man to secure Nkemdiche's commitment. What would you be more happy doing?

Saban is known to be like the biggest control freak ever....I think you have no idea what you are talking about whatsoever but whatever...lol
Not a control freak at all...just another case of "ah shucks" behavior from the laid back one:

@McMurphyESPN: Tom Rinaldi reports Nick Saban had Alabama team hotel make ESPN unavailable in players' rooms since Saturday

Browns interviewed a CFL coach today. I couldn't write a funnier story. Next up? The guy down the hall.

Browns interviewed a CFL coach today. I couldn't write a funnier story. Next up? The guy down the hall.

I saw that. I'm going to go drink until I blackout, wake me after they interview Steed.

Not a control freak at all...just another case of "ah shucks" behavior from the laid back one:

@McMurphyESPN: Tom Rinaldi reports Nick Saban had Alabama team hotel make ESPN unavailable in players' rooms since Saturday

What are you talking about? Who said anything about him being laid back? You're straying away from the point. You really think Saban would get away from a great situation where he has his band of recruiters go out and get him the best players that Tide Pride can buy to go sit in an office in Cleveland for 14 hours a day trying to figure out how to make a mediocre roster into an 8-8 team? What evidence do we have that Nick is a great coach when he doesn't have great talent? Michigan State?

I'm not even sure what you guys are arguing about. Of course he's a control freak. Not too many nice and gentle head coaches out there, these guys are generals, not massage therapists. And I don't know why JoeP wouldn't take Saban in Cleveland. Not that he's coming. My golden retriever is having dinner with Haslam tonight, but she does have conditions, even though she'd be the first female, and the first dog to coach in the NFL.

Jump I'm starting to worry about you. Maybe time to stop taking those pills Croc gave you for the headaches....

Trestman? If so, that guy knows his offense. I know you Browns fan may not think so, but y'all aren't the best judge of what good offense looks like considering you haven't seen one in a while.

Give the guy a break. He's been around the game a long time and knows the West Coast Offense like the back of his hand. He ran in the same circles as Billick/Reid/etc - all the old Bill Walsh guys.

This Trestman guy, I vaguely remember him from the Bernie Kosar days. This is silly. Listen to the Rolling Stones, Browns. It won't happen, but I'd just give the keys to Jauron and wait for the guy that actually wants to come here. Unless Jauron dies before that.

Side question ... Chip Kelly ... coldest feet in the history of cold or feet?

The west coast offense can suck it. I hate that offense, it doesn't work now.

The Packers run the new and improved west coast offense, with a great QB. The Browns actually tried to run the 1989 version.

You can't throw those quick slants anymore, the linemen are too big. I guarantee Weeden led the league in balls batted down, and he's not short.

I'm so glad Chip turned out to be a flake and not just a Cleveland hater. What a pussy. I think he might be Yag.

So...moving down the list...weve still got Mike McCoy...and well thats it...

I like Gus Bradley but I feel like its alot harder to get a decent coordinator to run the offense than it is to get a decent coordinator to run the defense

Back