Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

So what's that make it, 50% Oregon, 26% Philly, 23% Cleveland, 1% back to New Hampshire? I'm already sick of this guy.

eagles flying to denver to interview mike mccoy.

is chip returning to school? if your a ducks fan and you hope so, i think this does two things. one he stays at oregon for a while now cuz nfl teams are sick of this or 2. he waits for the inevitable ron rivera to be fired after next year and he coaches cam. for chip, i would stay and wait for the inevitable.

they have said chip is a belechick guy, belichick hates roseman in philly and how he runs a team, and would be no coincidence with obrien staying put too. the browns, well they are the browns lol

just guessing, who knows

so browns said last night "kelly and marrone neck and neck", but marrone goes to bills and who knows with kelly....lol

"Starting over" sounds so pathetic, so Browns. How about, "moving on with their search" or "continuing their search" ... let's get Saban back in play here.

Grossi taking it a bit on twitter. Wasn't a good idea to report it as close to done.

mike freeman ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>realfreemancbs
Browns thought they had Chip Kelly, and I'm told the team isn't happy with how Kelly has handled himself. But they shouldn't be surprised.

Expand

<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">3m</small>Peter King ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>SI_PeterKing
Chip Kelly's going to choose between Oregon and the Eagles, I'm told.

Eagles have to compete against RG3 and Eli for another decade. Not a great coaching job in my opinion. Especially with that fan base and media.

What is with your man crush on lovie?
The man was just fired absurdly...your 5 outta 6 year stat is a joke.....look at all the retreads these teams hire over and over like malarkey, bailey , etc because there are NO better options.....the Bears were 17-7 in games that Jay cutler started the last two years, you realize that right? The QB stays healthy and they are on a three year playoff run....cutler stays healthy in 10 playoff game the may have won the nfccg...

people can't see the forest for he trees

The man was just fired absurdly...your 5 outta 6 year stat is a joke.....look at all the retreads these teams hire over and over like malarkey, bailey , etc because there are NO better options.....the Bears were 17-7 in games that Jay cutler started the last two years, you realize that right? The QB stays healthy and they are on a three year playoff run....cutler stays healthy in 10 playoff game the may have won the nfccg...

was given the worst OLine in football the last 3 years as well

just a horrible firing decision

Agreed, completely absurd.

Cleveland's sports talk radio at this hour has regressed to the usual garbage regarding candidates. Tressel, Cowher, Gruden. I love the occasional Bernie Kosar suggestion.

How many other coaches have been fired due to their qb being injured? You are what your record is. I realize they had back to back collapses during the season, which shows me he couldnt handle adversity. Sure the OL wasn't very good, but maybe adjust the playcalling? I'm sure Brady and Peyton didn't always have the best OL in the league but were able to mask the deficiency.

The Bears beat shitty teams to begin the year. Their schedule was a joke, thus their record was inflated. Cowboys, Jags, Lions,Panthers, Titans. First 5 games.

I would give lovie a blank check if i was Idiot Ford in Detroit, fire Schwartz and keep Linehan. And bring Shawn Jefferson back, all that guy did was insist Tities Young get removed from the field for sabotaging an offense, and he gets canned....makes sense.

I would also fire Mayhew and hire myself and Hunt as Co-GMs.

I think the only thing that might draw Kelly to the Philly job would be more money, or if he just likes that part of the country. Understandable, he's from New Hampshire. Media's a bear, and I think Philly's rebuild is more daunting than Cleveland's. 1/2 Browns roster is rooks or 2nd year.

Disagree, I don't think the Eagles need to rebuild, per se, more fill in some roles, most importantly QB (which the Browns are fucked even worse in IMO). The best players on the Eagles are worlds better than the best players on the Browns.

Disagree, I don't think the Eagles need to rebuild, per se, more fill in some roles, most importantly QB (which the Browns are fucked even worse in IMO). The best players on the Eagles are worlds better than the best players on the Browns.

Browns have all ready started rebuild

Eagles are just realizing (if they even are..) that they need one

plus as has been said the unrealistic expectations and it's not an ideal job

Phil night can def match any money but most feel it never been about money....maybe Oregon is getting good vibes about sanctions

ya that would be my guess, if they are hearing nothing

Kelly waits until he has a perfect fit, not an older roster

Why do people think Nick Saban will be a good NFL coach?
If they choose Bree's over curl pepper he's still there.....hell Mia went 7-9 or8-8 his last year and then went 1-15 the next year...may have been worst roster in the league at the time

Unrealistic expectations? Winning 1 of the 5 SBs that you were either in or had a chance to go to? You fans of perennial losers have interesting mind sets......

Phil Knight it seems has stepped in to save Oregon football, much like Buffalo Sabres owner stepped in to save Penn State football.

1. Bernie Kosar needs to be in rehab. Which is just sad, but true.

2. Kelly seems like he was, essentially, the guy he seems to be on TV. Pretty much a jackass and the Browns probably (rightly) got the sense he was trying to better deal the Birds by using them so they walked away. Which, while assuredly the right thing if it's true, still makes Cleveland look bad because everybody in Ohio seemed to be starting the sell on Kelly to the Browns.

3. Only the Browns could find a way to make the right decision and still find a way to make it look like they fucked up.

4. I'm with Jump, just hire Lovie Smith. The Browns haven't had a formidable defense in 10+ years. Lovie does that walking in the door and having to face Dalton, Big Ben and Ray Rice going forward you need that. Not to mention the stability he brings.

5. Nick Saban can go fuck himself and while he's at it he can stay out of Cleveland.

6. I have no idea what the Birds are going to do. We put Smoke in charge of that coaching search and at last check he was blackout drunk on Saturday night. So, you know, #winning.

Why do people think Nick Saban will be a good NFL coach?
I think the guy is a machine...like Jump said, they made a bad move with Brees.

If he REALLY wanted to, he could have success in NFL...those types just dont repeatedly fail.

Why wouldnt he be Galt? Just the Miami experiment? To me that aint fair

I think Saban is like Calipari and Pitino, he wins on is ability to illegally recruit kids to come play for him at college. You can't do that in the NFL, you have to be strategic in the draft, free agency, etc. I don't think Nick has the chops for that, he knows it, and that's why he scurried back to college so unceremoniously.

He is currently in the best situation for him.

JG hits the Saban thing completely on the head.

Also, hello, we've seen Saban in the NFL. It was called him setting the Miami Dolphins on fire, saying in a press conference he was not going to go coach Alabama, walking out of that press conference, getting into a limo, going to Alabama and being announced as the new coach of the Tide.

Meanwhile the Miami Dolphins organization stood around with their thumbs up their ass saying 'Hey, dudes, why is our franchise on fire?'

And now you're caught up on why the Dolphins are who they are, and why Alabama is who they are.

That title and five bucks will get you a #5 on Wendy's drive thru menu.

Nick is not spending 16 hours a day at the practice facility in Cleveland fucking Ohio with that bands of clowns on their roster trying to figure out how to win 8 games next season when he can golf all summer in Georgia and take the occasional phone call from Smart to tell him where to meet the bag man to secure Nkemdiche's commitment. What would you be more happy doing?

Kelly is officially going back to Oregon. Just FYI, the world just now seems to be accepting it and reporting it.

I think Saban is like Calipari and Pitino, he wins on is ability to illegally recruit kids to come play for him at college. You can't do that in the NFL, you have to be strategic in the draft, free agency, etc. I don't think Nick has the chops for that, he knows it, and that's why he scurried back to college so unceremoniously.

Ill let the Bama dudes come and get ya LOL

That title and five bucks will get you a #5 on Wendy's drive thru menu.

Nick is not spending 16 hours a day at the practice facility in Cleveland fucking Ohio with that bands of clowns on their roster trying to figure out how to win 8 games next season when he can golf all summer in Georgia and take the occasional phone call from Smart to tell him where to meet the bag man to secure Nkemdiche's commitment. What would you be more happy doing?
Saban is known to be like the biggest control freak ever....I think you have no idea what you are talking about whatsoever but whatever...lol

C'mon, he's always been a good football coach. He's not Mr. Personality.

MT @mgwalks: Sal Paolantonio: "Kelly and agent overplayed their hand... irreparable damage to his (NFL) rep."

haha. yea until ron rivera gets fired next year and carolina writes him a blank check to coach Cam, whom he wanted to coach all along. so he takes Nike $$ for another year or so, goest to bcs game, ho hum.

Back