Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

It's also time for Joe Banner to stop talking about the Birds.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/joe-banner-chip-kelly-was-too-much-of-a-gamble/

You wouldn't think I would say this about one of my teams, but Banner needs to STFU and keep the Birds out of his mouth now. He has a job, it's not in Philadelphia. It's with a team that can't get out of the division cellar let alone spell the word 'playoffs.' Maybe he should focus on that instead of what the Birds are doing.

Banner, and Haslam too for that matter, are turning into the Baghdad Bobs of the NFL. Did Banner have a microphone in front of him this much in Philly? Lot of press conferences lately with the firings of the old guys, hiring Chud, hiring Lombardi, sale of stadium naming rights, so maybe he can creep back into the shadows now. But guy seems to do nothing but lie or conceal the truth.

So its kinda weird the Eagles are hiring all these defensive position coaches without having a coordinator, no?

Gotta assume they already have the guy in place...which means its one of three things:

1. Ed Donatell (or another guy on the 49ers/Ravens staff)
2. Todd Grantham/Kirby Smart (give their college team a heads up and a chance to mitigate recruiting damage)
3. Gregg Williams (so far out in left field...but hey....maybe they were waiting for the suspension to be up....and now its up....)

Gregg Williams is still suspended smoke.

he can look for jobs and be hired, i guess thats almost as good as being reinstated. seems like a risk to hire someone then for him to not be able to coach.

theres no way hes not going to be allowed to coach next year with the way that whole thing has gone

now I dont want him, nor think it will happen...its just a possible scenario given how things have gone with hiring the Birds defensive staff so far

Yeah, I don't want Gregg Williams either. I do think Smoke is onto something though. The pun is sort of inexcusable, but you know, where there's smoke ...

Hahahaha.

Sadly that's less funny where the Birds are concerned because of the Bounty Bowl(s) and the Bodybag game. But it's still funny.

Also, those games were everything that was right about the Buddy Ryan era.

idk what I'm missing out on... outside of perpetual disappointment.

If that's the case then I actually know plenty about what the Eagles are about.

Yes. Perpetual disappointment. Angst. Bitterness. Anger. And cheesesteaks. And Mike Quick, Randall Cunningham, Harold Carmichael, Wilbert Montgomery and for the love of all things holy ...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1b97wo2Ekww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

idk what I'm missing out on... outside of perpetual disappointment.

If that's the case then I actually know plenty about what the Eagles are about.
problem was solved a few years back....I will still bitch and moan, but they won one

that is all that matters

252694229062013769_8cZcOdW2.jpg

I have no idea who Dave Fipp is. But he's an Eagle now and that's really all that matters.

You know, until our special teams suck, then he should be fired and strung up from the Ben Franklin bridge as is customary.

You don't want that guy. I liked him for a while, but I've been able to observe roughly 85% of all NFL coordinators pass thru Cleveland alone in the last five years, and he's not a good one. (I thought he tweeted he'd be out of a job for five minutes.)

Yeah, I wanted Ryan to stay in Cleveland actually. I thought he was building something, but I'm with Tip. It's a bad idea.

What happened to him in Dallas is, I think, tough to diagnose from the outside. What was Jones' involvement in the way that team was run. Probably less so on defense than offense, but the organization is enough of a mess, and that mess bleeds onto the field enough that it's hard to say with total certainty Ryan was completely responsible for that D underperforming.

But the guy obviously has a massive ego. And it's hard to tell how he lost the job he had for all of a week in St. Louis, but something seems off with him. I like his potential, but I wouldn't hire him right now. He may need a year out of the game to get over himself.

Back