Coaching/GM Carousel 2013

Overpay Lovie as.DC, overpay Arians to be OC and bring back old head dick vermeil to be basically a figure head HC... let the O n D coordinators do as they want

does philly really have stability??

Front office stability, yes. Like the Patriots the Birds are seen as an organization that knows what it's doing and consistently fields a winner.

Rightly or wrongly.

Compare that to somewhere like, sad to say, Cleveland where you have no idea what the hell that organization is thinking or doing and, quite honestly, they might not either.

rob ryan got canned hahaha

This guy is an enigma to me. I feel like he should be a really solid DC, but he seems to flame out everywhere he's been. Oakland, Cleveland, Dallas, same story.

Joe,
I'm gunna need u to pick a fave team n go with it.. this 2 fave teams is something from grade school. Make a choice lol

Hahaha. Heard that my whole life my friend. It's not going to happen.

It's like having two kids. You can't choose one and abandon the other, unless one of them is Steed.

Via a friend/big eagles fan, his hope-- hire lovie as HC and Norv Turner as OC..
I would be cool.with that.

Hahaha. Heard that my whole life my friend. It's not going to happen.

It's like having two kids. You can't choose one and abandon the other, unless one of them is Steed.

Cleveland and Philly is like two special needs kids. God bless you.

why would jones bring someone else in to call the plays and keep Garrett?

that wouldnt make much sense

yeah makes zero sense. plastic face jones is not bringing in an Offcoord, we see the prob is that D lol, as he caned big mouth ryan..

Updated list of #NFL head-coaching candidates: Adam Caplan
1) Lovie Smith

2) Gus Bradley/Defensive Coordinator/Seattle Seahawks

3) Mike McCoy/Offensive Coordinator/Denver Broncos

4) Jay Gruden/Offensive Coordinator/Cincinnati Bengals

5) Ray Horton/Defensive Coordinator/Arizona Cardinals

6) Ken Whisenhunt

7) Mike Nolan/Defensive Coordinator/Atlanta Falcons

8) Bruce Arians/Offensive Coordinator/Indianapolis Colts

9) Mike Zimmer/Defensive Coordinator/Cincinnati Bengals

10) Tom Clements/Offensive Coordinator/Green Bay Packers

11) Kyle Shanahan/Offensive Coordinator/Washington Redskins

12) Marc Trestman/Head Coach/Montreal Alouettes-CFL

13) Jim Haslett/Defensive Coordinator/Washington Redskins

14) Perry Fewell/Defensive Coordinator/New York Giants

15) Darrell Bevell/Offensive Coordinator/Seattle Seahawks

16) Rick Dennison/Offensive Coordinator/Houston Texans

17) Greg Roman/Offensive Coordinator/San Francisco 49ers

18) Kevin Gilbride/Offensive Coordinator/New York Giants

19) Brian Schottenheimer/Offensive Coordinator/St. Louis Rams

20) Winston Moss/ Assistant Head Coach/Inside Linebackers/Green Bay Packers

I would take any of 2-20 before Id take Lovie.

Joe, to bring racism in it is kind of weak. I dont care what color he is. What I know is, I have a few friends from Chicago and who live there now. Their posts on Twitter the last 2 years are literally mirror images of the things that ppl like Smoke, I, and the rest of Philly have said about Andy. Its the same thing: on paper and to outsiders and people who dont watch every play, he looks like a good coach. But in the games, for ppl who watch, hes not.

I want one of two things: a guy who has gotten there before (Gruden) or a guy who is young and has never had a chance. I don't want a guy whos proven to be mediocre.

Holy fuck Brian schottenheimer and Kyle shanahan on the list above! Wow. Weak.

most of the list is weak, hence why it is taking 5 teams weeks to get this right. cant think of a more lackluster group of candidates in the history of coaching vacancies personally.

I would take any of 2-20 before Id take Lovie.

Joe, to bring racism in it is kind of weak. I dont care what color he is. What I know is, I have a few friends from Chicago and who live there now. Their posts on Twitter the last 2 years are literally mirror images of the things that ppl like Smoke, I, and the rest of Philly have said about Andy. Its the same thing: on paper and to outsiders and people who dont watch every play, he looks like a good coach. But in the games, for ppl who watch, hes not.

I want one of two things: a guy who has gotten there before (Gruden) or a guy who is young and has never had a chance. I don't want a guy whos proven to be mediocre.

again A. this doesn't make it any more real, people with no emotional attachment, and people who cover the NFL for a living, are saying the exact opposite

and B. do you mean on offense? where he didn't call the plays??? or on their top 10 defense the last 5 years which he was much more involved in?

obviously the Pats made a huge mistake signing that retread failure Bellicheck

same with Denver and Fox

the Giants and Coughlin

Bucs and Dungy

Browns interviewing Zimmer today. If they are willing to go defensive minded, he seems like a nice fit as well. Would hate to lose him.

yeah, some retreads have worked. more havent. and even so, its just in this particular situation, Philly doesnt want a guy like that right now.

I can say this, if Chip Kelly came in, sucked for 2 years and left, fans would be mad, but it wouldbe like "at least we tried something new and it just didnt work out"

If they hire Lovie and he goes 8-8 hell get run out of town faster than Andy.

Sometimes a coaches personality just needs to match a cities personality. Completely not the case with Lovie.

yeah, some retreads have worked. more havent. and even so, its just in this particular situation, Philly doesnt want a guy like that right now.

I can say this, if Chip Kelly came in, sucked for 2 years and left, fans would be mad, but it wouldbe like "at least we tried something new and it just didnt work out"

If they hire Lovie and he goes 8-8 hell get run out of town faster than Andy.

Sometimes a coaches personality just needs to match a cities personality. Completely not the case with Lovie.

I sure as hell hope hed get run out of town faster than Andy....that took 14 years...(well actually about 4 but ya know what I mean)

twink lets do a fun little bet since you think Carolina is going to improve next year to the point Rivera keeps his job after year 3.

If I remember and judging by your Clemson avatar, you lost a bet because you are an LSU fan. Correct me if i am wrong.

So lets do a bet for fun seeing I am a Michigan man.

If Carolina makes the playoffs, errr even if Ron Rivera keeps his job after next year for the final year of his contract I will use a LSU avatar the rest of that year (2014), my only stipulation if i use Ron keeping his job is that the team improves 2 games from this year. (otherwise the owner is just fucking nuts)

in turn

If Chip Kelly is hired to become Carolina coach after next season, you use a Michigan avatar (Desmond Howard or Charles Woodson heisman pose preferably) for the rest of 2014.

I would say I am a -125 fave as of this day.

Shall we??

lemme revisit this one at home, cool?:shake:

Cleveland and Philly is like two special needs kids. God bless you.

Hahahaha. Hey, somebody has to do it.

Joe, to bring racism in it is kind of weak. I dont care what color he is.

I disagree—not about you not caring what color he is, it's not about you. Too often people hear the term racism and immediately jump to the defensive of how they, personally, are not racist. But that wasn't what I said.

What I'm saying, and I still maintain, is that the statement about interviewing Lovie just to satisfy the Rooney rule smacks of racism. And it does. Just as it would if Andy Reid was black, latino, etc. and someone, anyone, made the same statement.

Lovie is extremely qualified to coach an NFL team. He's a successful NFL coach—which is more than the majority of those who've ever coached in the league can say. So for anyone to say he would be a token interview is to prioritize race over reality.

But again, to your point and Smoke's, I agree that he's not right for Philly because he is almost exactly the inverse of Fat Andy. And that's not what we need.

Browns interviewing Zimmer today. If they are willing to go defensive minded, he seems like a nice fit as well. Would hate to lose him.

With the big splash guys out of the picture, Zimmer may be my current preference. Might as well poach from the division. Browns no longer seem to be in much of a hurry after leaving Arizona in a huff.

most of the list is weak, hence why it is taking 5 teams weeks to get this right. cant think of a more lackluster group of candidates in the history of coaching vacancies personally.

Really is kind of an underwhelming list on the sexy scale.

Really is kind of an underwhelming list on the sexy scale.

Totally agreed.

If the Browns go extremely unsexy my choices are Lovie then Wiz in that order.

If they want to go promote a coordinator to HC, I will cross my fingers and wish them luck.

@JayGlazer: Eagles have legitimate interest in Notre Dame HC Brian Kelly. Kelly right now however is out of the country”

This whole thing is moving along just swimmingly. Ack.

@JayGlazer: Eagles have legitimate interest in Notre Dame HC Brian Kelly. Kelly right now however is out of the country”

This whole thing is moving along just swimmingly. Ack.

Haha being a dick I was joking with a friend last night the birds were gunna get Brian Kelly..

twink lets do a fun little bet since you think Carolina is going to improve next year to the point Rivera keeps his job after year 3.

If I remember and judging by your Clemson avatar, you lost a bet because you are an LSU fan. Correct me if i am wrong.

So lets do a bet for fun seeing I am a Michigan man.

If Carolina makes the playoffs, errr even if Ron Rivera keeps his job after next year for the final year of his contract I will use a LSU avatar the rest of that year (2014), my only stipulation if i use Ron keeping his job is that the team improves 2 games from this year. (otherwise the owner is just fucking nuts)

in turn

If Chip Kelly is hired to become Carolina coach after next season, you use a Michigan avatar (Desmond Howard or Charles Woodson heisman pose preferably) for the rest of 2014.

I would say I am a -125 fave as of this day.

Shall we??

first thing I thought when Chip took his name out of the hat a few days ago was he'd be the coach of the Panthers next year. He will not be successful unless he has Cam running his offense. The SF job isn't gonna open up anytime soon so he won't be coaching Kapernick.

I honestly think if you took a poll Haley would be the most unlinked coach of any position in the NfL. I'll hedge my bet by saying at least top 3. You simply never hear anyone say anything good about him.

Mularkey canned in Jax. Just what we need, another team looking for a coach.

per ESPN

new GM Dave Caldwell is thought to be eyeing 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman or Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan as Mularkey's replacement, sources told ESPN.

I'm starting to get the feeling the majority of the hires this year are coordinators from playoff teams. I'm also getting the feeling that they're all going to suck as HCs, save maybe one that we don't see coming or it's Bruce A. from the Colts.

But I have a weird feeling this Nolan, Zimmer, Gruden thing doesn't pan out. Just a feeling though, I could be way, way off.

Cowboys looking at monte?

Heard this today. As an Eagles fan I hate everything about this. I mean absolutely everything.

I read a rumor last week when Fat Andy was hired that KC was looking at him there, too. That would be an extremely dangerous combination if they could pull it off.

Back