Anybody around want to Discuss Early CFB thoughts?

does anyone look over/use steeles PR plus/minus numbers? he has wash st an auburn basically equal on neutral. im high on wazzu this year but they aren't a pick em on neutral. navy -1 to army on neutral? Kansas -19 on neutral vs ODU? that shit should be closer to a pick than almost 3 tds difference. maybe god is off early sofar, but honestly thinkin about last season this time I didn't think he was that far off from where I was at

Throw out his plus/minus .. It will just screw you over .. it is really bad. Best one stop source but there are parts that are worthless and that is one of them.

Throw out his plus/minus .. It will just screw you over .. it is really bad. Best one stop source but there are parts that are worthless and that is one of them.

:shake:

If ur around today I got aim open.

Anyone any idea when we will see week 1 rotations?

Go ahead and write down Nov 13 Ball St/N Ill. It's gonna be the biggest Wednesday night game of the year!!!

Seriously though if Ball St can get together their O Line they will be right there with NIU who you have to make the favorite in a very very tough MAC west.

MAC East should be a shit show. BG best defense but Schilz at QB is average at best and WRs sucked balls last year except for frosh Gallon.
Coach Solich will be sneaking around the chicken coop with an easy schedule...

they always make me money as dogs in the B10

maybe I just pick the right spots luckily, but I bet if I would go back and look my clip with them would be the highest of B10

God is high on them this year, an lookin at tha b10 numbers for tha games vs my numbers I will be backin them in a lot of games this year if numbers drop close to those.

We know they can throw and score

will the defense be somewhat better?

Both units should be better with a lot of starters returning and 1 more year together in tha systems. I see improvement from last year. They lost 4 games by a total of 11 points.

I have Indiana winning 7 games as of right now.. Seems way too high but ill go back and look when I have the time

Northern Illinois most intriguing team to me at this moment (Marshall 2nd). No Ill gets a beatable Iowa 1st at kinnick, Purdue in W Lafayette wk4. 2winnable gms vs big10 early with 2chumps in between (Idaho & E Illinois). So 4-0 rolling into the big Rematch vs Kent St away vs a Kent St team that replaces QB, 3 best OLs in maybe history of the program. Kent still has Dri Archer though. But I see No Ill winning here. next 4 gms are Akron, CMU, EMU, & UMass. We'll call that 4-0. Now we're looking at a 9-0 No Ill facing Ball St that replaces 4/5ths OL & who's DL is about as big as a fat mans dick. 10-0
Heading into the make or break game. AT a GOOD Toledo. Win here and there's Just WMich left and the MAC champ game vs the East Champ (prolly Ohio). VERY intriguing, but then again...........this is the MACtion where what should happens doesn't.

Discuss

"this is the MACtion where what should happens doesn't."

And, it seems to always happen on a random Tuesday night with Frank Solich wearing a green parka.

Actually the more I think about it, Ohio is damned intriguing too. Opener at Ville & a home vs Marshall, then the rest looks like cake. Shock Ville, beat Marsh & the Bobcats could be 12-0 facing 12-0 No Ill.

I love the MAC :D

threw down a couple on fsu and psu so far, not necessarily because i think either will be great, but because both teams they are playing should struggle, especially early.

I think it's time to discuss a team that perplexes me: USC..... Talented enough to be REALLY good, but can we really trust Kiffin and this group?

Interested in some thoughts

Athletes with the hearts of dopers. They lack a team concept to the game. It is hard to make a PR for them. If you break them down by position, they are good. If you look at the product they keep putting out on the field as a team, they are not very good. So pretty difficult to make a number for them. I will avoid their games unless I get something really out of whack or get a better feel for them. They have had a lot of things going on around them the last few years, including kiffin, so who knows.. maybe they put it together this year. The bowl game was about the biggest quit-job I have ever witnessed.

The most glaring thing from 2011 to 2012 was the regression in QB play from Barkley. In 2011 when USC was 12-2, Barkeley was 308/446 69.1% 7.9ypa 39tds 7ints. In last years debacle Barkley was 246/387 63.6% 8.5ypa 36tds 15ints. The guy threw 2x as many INTs in 59 fewer attempts, went from a stellar comp % to a just above avg one. The only thing that improved was ypa, which just may have been a function of Lee & Woods being a year older & better. I mean it should stand to reason that the soph & jr versions of Lee & woods should have made ALL of Barkleys numbers stay the same or get better.

This leads to my next point, because Barkley regressed USC went from 48% on 3rd (#11 nationally) to 34.21% 105th nationally.

simply put, Matt Barkley sunk the ship

I think it's time to discuss a team that perplexes me: USC..... Talented enough to be REALLY good, but can we really trust Kiffin and this group?

Interested in some thoughts

They had talent last year, and preseason #1, I faded them first 3 weeks of tha season cause I didn't buy into tha hype

Athletes with the hearts of dopers. They lack a team concept to the game. It is hard to make a PR for them. If you break them down by position, they are good. If you look at the product they keep putting out on the field as a team, they are not very good. So pretty difficult to make a number for them. I will avoid their games unless I get something really out of whack or get a better feel for them. They have had a lot of things going on around them the last few years, including kiffin, so who knows.. maybe they put it together this year. The bowl game was about the biggest quit-job I have ever witnessed.
Some of the easiest money I ever made

Thanks for the link Loggy!

gentlemen, I'm still perplexed by USC. Would love some discussion and I'm throwing another intriguing team up for debate: New Mexico

reqdy, set, go!!

"We were No. 2 in the country in time of possession last year," says New Mexico coach Bob Davie. "Everybody's speeding the game up, but we have to slow it down. We had the lowest number of scholarship players in the country, and we played 13 straight weeks. We had to put our best players on special teams because we just didn't have enough players. Our identity was to outwork, outhit, and outdiscipline you. Slow the game down, run the ball, force turnovers."
Davie is describing Year 1 of his New Mexico reclamation project. The former Notre Dame coach and ESPN commentator inherited a team that could really do only two things well -- run the ball and return kickoffs -- and somehow came within a few eyelashes of bowl eligibility.

NM should have a strong ground game and no passing game to speak of again. They are just gonna try to pound the football and eat the clock to keep that terrible defense off the field. They only return 9 starters with only 4 starters returning on defense. Looks like they have an adequate pass rush, but no secondary and they can't stop the run.

They were lucky as can be last year and still only won 4 games. Look at the 2nd half of the Boise game, it's a miracle they stayed in that game. +11 turnover margin certainly helped.

They have a very weak schedule though. May be 3-4 wins in first 5-6 games before playing tougher teams in the 2nd half of the season.

I'm not very high on them unless they play a against an undisciplined defense that can't stop the option and/or a team that has some offensive line issues that could help NM get their pass rush going.

I think I like USC more than most. I think people are too down on the QB based on his play vs. UCLA and the windy bowl game vs. Ga Tech. A lot depends on the QB though, but they have the best receiver in country, legit running game, and an improved O-line. Defense switching to a 3-4 could take some adjustments, but they have talent in the 2 deep all around. The have little depth after that though if they run into injuries.

Marshall is week 3, North Tex wk 2. I'm glad ur liking Marshall too, Rakeem Cato is for real

I think Marshall may win the east this year and possibily the C-USA title game. They are one of the most improved teams in the conference and have the best QB.

Anyone got any thoughts on two games? VT/Bama and ECU/ODU?

Bama 3 td fave. But, I really like this VT team and there defense is for real. I think VT's defense may be the best it's been in a few years (ever?) This time last year everyone was drooling over Logan Thomas, now he's an afterthought. Well, he's a QB I like. Will Bama score enough (or I guess, will VT score) to cover 3 tds?

ECU -12.5 to ODU is interesting. Can anyone really predict this game? I'm kinda shocked ECU at home is laying less than 2 tds. Season ticket holder for ODU so I pretty much everything there is to know about that school, but its all a big unknown to how an FCS school can compete moving up. Defense is completely different from last year, which is probably a good thing. Offense will be tough, even for FBS schools.

Anyone got any thoughts on two games? VT/Bama and ECU/ODU?

Bama 3 td fave. But, I really like this VT team and there defense is for real. I think VT's defense may be the best it's been in a few years (ever?) This time last year everyone was drooling over Logan Thomas, now he's an afterthought. Well, he's a QB I like. Will Bama score enough (or I guess, will VT score) to cover 3 tds?

ECU -12.5 to ODU is interesting. Can anyone really predict this game? I'm kinda shocked ECU at home is laying less than 2 tds. Season ticket holder for ODU so I pretty much everything there is to know about that school, but its all a big unknown to how an FCS school can compete moving up. Defense is completely different from last year, which is probably a good thing. Offense will be tough, even for FBS schools.

If you're going to play the ECU and ODU game, get off the half making it -12. Something I'm in favor of is buying a half-point so I'm working with a whole number. While this will decrease one's overall chance to cover, it will also reduce the chance losing. But one has to think, aren't there better games to disect?

If you're going to play the ECU and ODU game, get off the half making it -12. Something I'm in favor of is buying a half-point so I'm working with a whole number. While this will decrease one's overall chance to cover, it will also reduce the chance losing. But one has to think, aren't there better games to disect?

Im an ODU guy....so no.:rofl:

Back