Anybody around want to Discuss Early CFB thoughts?

With that schedule, I think so too. This wager could be made as early as week 2 v. Georgia. My only concerns with this team, and maybe our experts like ETG could elaborate, but how solid are they expected to be at WR?

This should be the best offense SCar has had under Spurrier. As far as WR goes, I don't know that any one of them is a dominant #1 but they'll get a lot of help from what should be one of the best TE duo's in the conference. Busta Anderson is an early preseason 2nd team TE and Jerrell Adams is a true soph that is athletically gifted enough to give defenses fits. He isn't the best blocker but he can stretch the field. The coaching staff is putting a lot of faith in soph WR Shaq Roland. At RB things look to be good and Brandon Wilds is back this year as he missed all of 2012. The OL has 4 starters back and now has some experience. There are 2 QBs capable of making plays and although not a true 2-QB system (I'm not sure 1 exists?), both will play and have shown they can play.

IMO SoCar's biggest concern is LB

However I do think their schedule sets up well. They may only be a dog in 1 very winnable game

Dwight is right here. LB is a question mark because not one of them has made a tackle in a real game yet. I would like to point out that for the first time in about 4 years, USC has some question marks at their SPUR position as well. Darian Stewart, Antonio Allen, and Devonte Holloman have played this position great for the gamecocks and that has allowed the USC defense to completely take away the TE from opposing offenses. Now, USC will not have the luxury of having the junior/senior multi-year starter experience at that position this year so I'll be paying attention to how the SPUR d0es vs. Eric Ebron in Week 1 vs. UNC.

The schedule sets up as well as it ever has. USC is 7-1 under Spurrier after a bye week and they get UF at home as they will be coming off a bye. USC is also 25-3 at home over the last 4 years and swept the home slate last year. They avoid Bama, LSU, and TAMU from the West.

9-3 would be a disappointing year for me as a fan.

Last edited:
SMU/TT total is 63?

June Jones/Hal Mumme vs Air Raid 3.0 disciple Kingsbury in a game lined under 70. Gonna dig more but almost surely will take the over. TT REPLACES 3/4 db starters & SMU's pass rush is bunk. I see completions, TDs, sacks & TOs. Which by proxy means I see pts.

UCLA has to head to Stanford on 10/19, then the week after that they travel to Autzen. That is a brutal, BRUTAL back to back. Stanford has one of the best and most physical defenses in the country, so having to play them then travel to play fast paced Oregon is just simply unfair. Also Oregon has a week and a half off after playing UCLA.

Oregon wins by 35+

College football around the corner gentleman!!

line: 19.5 @ 5 dimes

Line is 19.5 right now..

Will be 21+ at game time. UCLA is alright, but their defense still isn't good.

secondary is real young but full of blue chippers. oregon will be the 7th game of the season so theyll at least have some seasoning by then. and the front 7 is elite elite so should make life easier for them.

3 months from now once everyone is aware how good the team is the line will prob be closer to 2 TDs (if even that much) than 3 TDs

secondary is real young but full of blue chippers. oregon will be the 7th game of the season so theyll at least have some seasoning by then. and the front 7 is elite elite so should make life easier for them.

3 months from now once everyone is aware how good the team is the line will prob be closer to 2 TDs (if even that much) than 3 TDs

Maybe I don't understand what you're saying. It sounds like you think there is a chance that Oregon would be less than 2 TD favorites at home to UCLA. Is that what you meant to imply?

Hunt talk to me about the Mich offense, they got the prototype college QB for the system. But if Devin goes down it's over. Speak on the posotives in Ann Arbor on O

agreed, not many teams have a quality backup who wont have a drop off if tha starter goes down

Love you Silk, but why do people say this? That's the case for 80% of CFB teams...

The problem is there is no clear #2. Bellomy is god awful, the current #2 (Cleary) is a walk on and Shane Morris' 1st Michigan practice is tomorrow I think.

any team that loses its #1 is hurt, but most aren't projected top 25 & most either have young QB corps fighting to be #1 or have capable depth with experience. Mich doesnt

2 qbs ready to play:

F998186.JPG

didn't buy a Phil Steele this year, think i'm gonna stick to the SEC as that's the only thing i care about besides reading the thoughts already posted here.

Think what's his face Bama fan's must-read thread and ETG's astute homerism about the Cocks are places you need to be if you're posting here and aren't named tru

9/21 - A&M hosts SMU after the aforementioned Bama game and before heading to Arky. What to like: See above points about the Bama game. Two works for ya: June Jones. There might not be a guy in the NCAA I like getting the points more than June Jones. If the oddsmakers put up anything reasonable here, I'll be on SMU for a large play without even doing any homework.

love this one, could see myself with you there.

Satan doesn't look past opponents (would think the one before TAMU would be best based on the state of the Bama weight rooms instead), not sure Auburn is worthy of being a lookahead like you suggest

Great stuff Doggy!!

Though I have to agree with the bolded. TCU opens up vs my Tigahs in JerryWorld August 31....nah, TCU is the deal. Regardless how dirty that program is as far as QBs and players betting on their own games....Dasher-esque for the underground CFB heads even

go on with the Dasher-type accusations...

the walk on is no good. gardner is the real deal. throws with decent velocity while throwing a catchable ball, throws excellent when rolling out on the move, has good mobility and has good accuracy.. decision making will come with more experience and I have a feeling he develops into a leader. mich secondary is really good but some concern with the wr position. super deep at rb but not sure any of them are elite. Taco looked great in the spring game and was often matched up against very good tackles. the interior three lineman spots for that offense is a problem. dline is bigger , stronger and more aggressive than some other versions of mich the last few yrs. team passes the paper and eyeball test as pretty good but if they don't get that oline middle fixed up before the nd dline rolls in it could be a long day for them

basically 3 weeks out... :dancing:

some early leans: bama, usc, lsu, wash, ole miss, ucla, okie lite, fsu

also kinda interested in jorga/clemson, scary/unc, and auburn/wazzou.

<header> [h=1]Gary Patterson is not impressed with Les Miles' disciplinary actions[/h]By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer

<time class="storyDate" pubdate="" datetime="2013-08-08T01:03:54Z">August 7, 2013 9:03 pm ET</time>

</header> The matchup between LSU and TCU on opening weekend was already one of the more intriguing games on the docket, and it just got a bit more interesting. TCU coach Gary Patterson was not impressed with Les Miles' disciplinary action with running back Jeremy Hill, and he shared his thoughts with some reporters.
It was announced on Tuesday that Hill had been reinstated to the team and would return to practice immediately and not face a suspension after violating his probation when he was arrested for battery following an incident when Hill punched a man at a bar. Miles said that he left the decision of what to do with Miles to a team vote, and that his team voted to reinstate him.
Well, Gary Patterson, who has suspended the best player on his team, Devonte Fields, for the LSU game, doesn't really agree with Miles' decision.
“My whole team would vote Devonte to be back on the team because they all want to win,” Patterson told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “That doesn't teach life lessons.”
Patterson also intimated that the reason Miles didn't suspend Hill was because LSU is facing TCU and not some FCS school.
“I'm sure if it was some opponent they'd beat by 100 points [the players] wouldn't have a vote," Patterson said. "It's not my worry. I've got to play whoever they put on the field.”
So the postgame handshake after this game could get a bit interesting.

Quick thoughts...really diving in deep the next two weeks...

Not a Sparty but someone posed a question. QB play has nowhere to go but up. Whoever it is, it will be better. Maxwell was awful with progressions and the receivers were awful at catching. They will not drop as many, and Burbridge can be a star. OL is what it is as usual over there. Pretty easy schedule.

Wrt to UM QB situation. If he stays healthy all 12 games DG will be very, very good. He was great in his starts against average teams. He was okay to solid against Ohio and USCe. Pretty solid transition after playing WR half the year. He has had a great offseason and I think he will be a great leader.

Now, if he gets hurt, who the heck knows. I know nothing of Cleary. Shane is obviously a true frosh who had limited reps last fall due to mono. This isn't the teams I grew up with that had a viable back-up (Grbac-Collins....Dreisbach-Griese....Brady-Henson....Henson Navarre....Gutierrez-Hennne(fr)) or one that was ready. Henne had a solid situation. If Shane is #2 I am not sure the depth and development is there yet for this program. They can have a very good year but 2014 will be more of what they are looking for methinks.

JOB mentioned Borges, obviously he has been out of his element the past two years. Most UM fans personally blame him for Iowa 2011 and Ohio 2012. I concur to be honest. He has this year and next imho to show us we are wrong and to be patient.

Gonna love the rollout this year...

The other DG(frosh Derrick Green) is hurt. Early reports are a few weeks. Shall see.

Even sans Denard, very good leadership on this team.

Going to really try and stay within the MWC and CUSA for the most part...Been reading all of the daily reports on NV and I like what i'm seeing so far. +21 @ UCLA seems very intriguing to me...Anyone have some UCLA knowledge that is not well known.

21 is too many points. UCLA hasn't earned the right to lay that many, especially in a game that has the look of a possible shootout. Not sure that I will necessarily be on Nevada, but that is the only side I could play. The total is interesting to me.

Going to really try and stay within the MWC and CUSA for the most part...Been reading all of the daily reports on NV and I like what i'm seeing so far. +21 @ UCLA seems very intriguing to me...Anyone have some UCLA knowledge that is not well known.
Ill be looking for your threads for CUSA:thumbsup2:

21 is too many points. UCLA hasn't earned the right to lay that many, especially in a game that has the look of a possible shootout. Not sure that I will necessarily be on Nevada, but that is the only side I could play. The total is interesting to me.
Total is interesting, have to see how things go in the next 2 weeks.

Back