2019 Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion and IN-GAME THREAD

Teapot9

Not from 63rd
Let’s get it going.

Love Tampa this year. I know it’s as square as you can be but that team is legit. It’s theirs to lose. If they can’t win the east it’ll be because they choked. Certainly not talent. They do it on both sides. Their offense can mask any holes in the defense. And their defense isn’t bad at all. Solid goaltending every night.
I don’t think CBJ will be much of a test for them. After that the competition certainly gets better but Tampa is still the better team regardless of opponent in the east.

No idea in the Wild West. SJ doesn’t match up great with Vegas. I don’t think Calgary is a clear cut winner in the first round. Nashville will Nashville and choke. Winnipeg certainly has my eye however.

East: Tampa/NYI

West: Winnipeg/Nashville

Finals: Tampa/Winnipeg

Stanley Cup Champ: Tampa

Let’s get it going.

Love Tampa this year. I know it’s as square as you can be but that team is legit. It’s theirs to lose. If they can’t win the east it’ll be because they choked. Certainly not talent. They do it on both sides. Their offense can mask any holes in the defense. And their defense isn’t bad at all. Solid goaltending every night.
I don’t think CBJ will be much of a test for them. After that the competition certainly gets better but Tampa is still the better team regardless of opponent in the east.

No idea in the Wild West. SJ doesn’t match up great with Vegas. I don’t think Calgary is a clear cut winner in the first round. Nashville will Nashville and choke. Winnipeg certainly has my eye however.

East: Tampa/NYI

West: Winnipeg/Nashville

Finals: Tampa/Winnipeg

Stanley Cup Champ: Tampa

Careful on Winnipeg, from a fellow winnipeger. Something is wrong with this team and has been for a while. Not many people around here have much faith.. but we’re also the most fairweather fans you’ll find. FWIW I’ll be taking the blues to win the series.

Agree completely with Tampa. Definitely there’s to lose. Maybe Boston’s physicality over a 7 game series can either take them down or wear them down for the rest of playoffs.

Careful on Winnipeg, from a fellow winnipeger. Something is wrong with this team and has been for a while. Not many people around here have much faith.. but we’re also the most fairweather fans you’ll find. FWIW I’ll be taking the blues to win the series.

Agree completely with Tampa. Definitely there’s to lose. Maybe Boston’s physicality over a 7 game series can either take them down or wear them down for the rest of playoffs.
That’s good to know. Who do you think comes out of the west?

If Winnipeg can figure it out and get by stl, I’d probably jump back on the home town wagon to win the west.

Since their January swoon (worst record in puck), StL has been a machine. Binnington is a stud in net. Give me them all day vs a Peg team that has struggled mightily to stay atop their division which they ultimately did not.

Think Stars are a VERY live dog...they play a defensive style to stay close to the vest and a healthy Bishop in net can be dangerous.

Bruins own the Leafs and after the stud line for TOR, Boston May have the advantage everywhere else in every matchup category.

And finally Stone might be the biggest acquisition for any of these teams at the deadline...and he’s not playing for a contract as VGK locked him up. Team has been insanely different since they got him. And SJ’s net minding is a big time problem...if you trust either Jones or his backup, you’re a ballsier man than me.

Can not wait for the greatest playoffs in any sport to begin boys...GL to all!

Winnipeger

That makes me laugh

@scarf31 the stars are ready this go huh? They seem to always disappoint. I wouldn’t be surprised, they certainly have the talent in a wide open western conference.

It’s gonna be fun as always.

opening Las Vegas series odds 1st round.
<<william-hill>> / <<westgate>>
starts Wednesday April 10th

Penguins -140 / -145
Islanders +120 / +125

Blues -115 / -120
Jets -105 / even

Bluejackets +280 / +280
Lightning -340 / -360

Stars +165 / +160
Predators -185 / -190

starts Thursday April 11th

Maple Leafs +140 / +140
Bruins -160 / -160

VGK -110 / -110
Sharks -110 / -110

Hurricanes +125 / +125
Capitals -145 / -145

Avalanche +165 / +170
Flames -185 / -200

<<westgate>>
VGK vs Sharks exacta
VGK 4 games +1000
VGK 5 +650
VGK 6 +350
VGK 7 +500
Sharks 4 +1200
Sharks 5 +550
Sharks 6 +600
Sharks 7 +400

Last edited:
early leans

Blues -115 over Jets just because Jordan Binnington is a BEAST in goal. has won 9 of his last 10 starts with a 1.89 Gaa and .927 save %

Sharks -110 over VGK. do NOT like my VGK's and Fleury's game right now. this is NOT last season's VGK team. Sharks exacta sweep +1200 just in case

Islanders +125 over Penguins. I will take Lehner and Griess over Murray and DeSmith in goal

Bruins -160 over Maple Leafs. "pricey" at -160 BUT Boston owns Toronto

Since their January swoon (worst record in puck), StL has been a machine. Binnington is a stud in net. Give me them all day vs a Peg team that has struggled mightily to stay atop their division which they ultimately did not.

Think Stars are a VERY live dog...they play a defensive style to stay close to the vest and a healthy Bishop in net can be dangerous.

Bruins own the Leafs and after the stud line for TOR, Boston May have the advantage everywhere else in every matchup category.

And finally Stone might be the biggest acquisition for any of these teams at the deadline...and he’s not playing for a contract as VGK locked him up. Team has been insanely different since they got him. And SJ’s net minding is a big time problem...if you trust either Jones or his backup, you’re a ballsier man than me.

Can not wait for the greatest playoffs in any sport to begin boys...GL to all!

I agree with all of this wholeheartedly. Boston is the only series play I've made so far. I want to parlay TB with someone as there is no value in -370. Playing them with VGK & STL gives a nice +350 payout, very tempting.

I decided to lessen the risk. I replaced VGK with Boston in the parlay. Still pays out around +290. I don't want to be over-confident but TB & BOS seem like the two most sure-fire winners. STL is the only team w/out home advantage who is favored, for legit reason I believe. I like this parlay, famous last words....

Found a few alternate -1.5 game Series prices I thought you boys might find interesting...couple of these have a huge amount of value IMO

1E32C48E-6195-4311-B198-E2A4D5F1E425.jpeg22EA2C1D-C167-4299-9FD7-17F9B6A435FB.jpeg

There is zero chance CBus is getting 3 games From TB. That price should be closer to 250/275.

Tampa swept them 4-0 this season.

Boston and Caps at plus money have me looking. Crazy for Dallas to get 1.5 games but I think betting them individual games might be more profitable.

Very low chance I won’t be on that TB -1.5 games. Just a matter of how much.

Just noticed the Boston series price dropped to -135, WTF. I already laid 155. Who is throwing enough on Toronto to move that 20 cents?

Just noticed the Boston series price dropped to -135, WTF. I already laid 155. Who is throwing enough on Toronto to move that 20 cents?

Fuck that...I in my Whalers devotion can't stand the B's, but will always have a great love for the almighty won gambling dollar. Keep betting Toronto....I'll pay to see Toronto prove they're more than just a ridiculous first line and that Ando can be better than Rask in a 7-game duel.

Fuck this...I'm going to have to start a thread...you fuckers are getting me all fired up. God, there is nothing better than playoff hockey!

I'd have waited if I thought for a second that line would drop. Thought it would close closer to 170 than 140. Im hoping Bovada releases some of the 1.5 lines, not seeing them yet.

Sharks Fan. I'm willing to take Vegas in the first round. Sharks have a hard time with em.
Good odds on Wash & Bos to Win The East IMO...:shake:
:shake:

considering a stl series price, but might wait for them to be down a game;

Also I think Carolina can surprise

Hello All. Hockey Playoffs! YES! Must start by saying, I don't like my Sharks chances in the first round. I don't like when they start at home. I like them as underdogs, not as favorites. I hope I'm wrong, believe me. Vegas just plays the Sharks so well. It's gonna be a knock down, fist fest in this series. Gonna be fun...On to other things...

Columbus has a nice road record this year going 25-14-2. But, they don't seem to match up well vs Tampa, As Columbus is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Tampa. O/U Wise?! The total has gone OVER in 4-2 last 6 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay. Then again, you got two hot goalies going in with Columbus Bobrovsky going 6-1 last 7, 1.50 GAA, though he has struggled in the past during the playoffs.

The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Pittsburgh's last 8 games on the road, The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Pittsburgh's last 8 games when playing on the road against NY Islanders. This game is pretty much a 'pick-em' I see a tight game. NYI love unders btw. 27-51 to the under this season in fact...

One of the hottest teams of 2019 was The Blues. You gotta love a hot team going into the playoffs. That being said, St. Louis is 4-11 ATS in its last 15 games when playing Winnipeg.St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road. St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Winnipeg. I am not afraid to take a home team to have a one goal lead in the 3rd, and toss in an empty netter with a minute to play! WIN -1.5 +240 :cool:

5. That's it. O/U 5 In Nashville. Is Dallas gonna help it 'Over' They are 9-26-6 Under on the road. Nashville? 10-2 Under last 12. Can anyone find a reason to go 'Over' here? Under seems just too easy. The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas's last 5 games when playing on the road against Nashville.

On to my favorite team since 1992. The Sharks 3-9 last 12. Vegas comes in 1-7 last 8. All I know is, the last meeting was a donnybrook, and I see more of it tonight. I don't like making wagers against a team I love but I have a hard time trusting Jones in goal and I believe Vegas ML is the play, and it also should go over 6 as the average combined score was 7 in their 4 meetings this season.

GL To All. :hockeyref::violenthockey:

:drinkingcouch:

That assumes STL will be down a game, not so sure that happens.
Yea I hear where you’re coming from, but all series prices I see are even money and there’s no value for me as I wanted + money and would rather sit out or wait for the better price if they go down. Thinking I’ll play the stl ml tonight and then double down if they lose tonight on the updated series price.

Rantenan is back for Colorado

I think there is great value in playing them to get one of the first 2 in Calgary on the ML...value if they steal G1 and still a nice little return if they even things out after G2. So much awesomeness once this sport's playoffs begin...

I think there is great value in playing them to get one of the first 2 in Calgary on the ML...value if they steal G1 and still a nice little return if they even things out after G2. So much awesomeness once this sport's playoffs begin...
Rantenan, Mackinnon and Landeskog when they were firing on all cylinders this year was one of the best lines in the NHL if they get that going I agree they are dangerous.

early leans

Blues -115 over Jets just because Jordan Binnington is a BEAST in goal. has won 9 of his last 10 starts with a 1.89 Gaa and .927 save %

Sharks -110 over VGK. do NOT like my VGK's and Fleury's game right now. this is NOT last season's VGK team. Sharks exacta sweep +1200 just in case

Islanders +125 over Penguins. I will take Lehner and Griess over Murray and DeSmith in goal

Bruins -160 over Maple Leafs. "pricey" at -160 BUT Boston owns Toronto

adjusted series odds as of Wednesday afternoon

Blues -130

Sharks even

Islanders +135

Bruins -140

Stl, Pitt, Tampa, Toronto, Carolina, Vegas, Nashville, Calgary are the teams I think will move on

pb yes.
Like in football as an example.
You can take Houston ML (SU) or ATS say +3.5.
The ATS In Hockey Is 1.5 Lines.
So let's look at Blues.
They beat the devils on March 30th and avs on April 1st but only by 1. So if you took them -1.5, you would have lost the ATS.

@Teapot9 Going to merge a few of the guys' discussion threads into this one and get everything all in the same place....just changed the title and doing a little admin work to make it easier for people to add their thoughts.

Yup! Someone F'd Up. Back To U5 -105... I SWEAR I Saw It! Haven't had a beer yet or nothing! Haha
No worries, bud. That big a line typo error probably would’ve gotten auto canceled upon grading anyway...you know how these books are.

Yes. But if it went over 7.5 they would have been more than happy to take my money. A 'Win Win' for them... GL scarf:shake:

Goal wiped off...offside by a skater not even close to the play. Regardless Murray, WTF are you doing there?

No biggie. Eberle says Fuckyou offside and slams one through Murray to NOW make it 1-0 Isles

Back