2019 Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion and IN-GAME THREAD

I was trying to use the hot dog emoji on iPhone but it wouldn’t convert. Gonna be a heck of a series

No doubt. Trotz has just done an amazing job this year with that team even if they lose to a veteran squad. Isles lost some of that defensive intensity they played with in the last few months of the year and matchup-wise, think it might be the most fascinating in terms of youth/experience / coaching / fan base-home crowd influence of any series we’re looking at in this first round. Should be fun.

Tampa out to a fast start!

They are SCARY good.

Outscored CBJ 17-3 in their matchups this year.

#1 Power Play
#1 Penalty Kill
Outstanding Goalie
Strong HC
4 lines deep with at least 15 Goal scores

Ridiculous

They’re hands down the best team in hockey and if this series hits 6 games I’ll shit a brick.

They are SCARY good.

Outscored CBJ 17-3 in their matchups this year.

#1 Power Play
#1 Penalty Kill
Outstanding Goalie
Strong HC
4 lines deep with at least 15 Goal scores

Ridiculous

They’re hands down the best team in hockey and if this series hits 6 games I’ll shit a brick.
Shoulda tailed on the -1.5 games. That should be as easy as they come

Shoulda tailed on the -1.5 games. That should be as easy as they come

From your lips to God’s ears, PB. Honestly was just betting a price with that bet. That bet is saying CBJ had to force a game 7 for me to lose. That should’ve been -250/-275.

Honestly, think a bet for them to win in 5 or less still has value.

Game settling down in Tampa...their depth makes it so damn hard once a team is down 3 goals...

In Peg, Laine with a beauty of a shot up top gets the Jets out in front 1-0...let’s see how the kid Binnington reacts...

Game settling down in Tampa...their depth makes it so damn hard once a team is down 3 goals...

In Peg, Laine with a beauty of a shot up top gets the Jets out in front 1-0...let’s see how the kid Binnington reacts...

CBJ can’t play Tampa’s game. They need to control the pace and slow it down. 3 goal lead for Tampa is lethal.

Jesus Christ, Tampa gives up a shortie and the game is tied at 3.

Tampa has played shell shocked since going up 3-0...WTF

4 straight goals for C-Bus...JFC, I bet all season Tampa didn’t give up 4 consecutive goals more than twice...SMFH.

Defensively they are totally on their heels

First game all year Tampa lost up by 3+ goals. And they were pathetically aloof from the second they went up 3-0.

I can’t even imagine to guess what the live ML on CBJ was down 3-0. Lmfao...the joy of sports sometimes...:middlefinger:

Columbus made me look like I’ve never seen a hockey game before. Lots of sad faces walking around the Channelside neighborhood in Tampa right now.

If you ever get the chance to go to a Bolts game I highly recommend it. People love the Bolts there. I was shocked. Go to Hat Tricks or Fergs before a game and the amount of girls you’ll see in blue jerseys is awesome.

Did you guys know that you can’t have 50/50 raffles in the city of NY?

I went to an Isles game bought tickets and then asked how much the pot was. Imagine the look on my face when the two kids from marketing told me the raffle was for a signed stick by a player.

The kid did say something funny to the effect of “just another reason we need to get back on the island”

Edit: 50/50 raffles for cash prizes

You guys think Letang is to blame just now?

Hard to isolate one playand blame him for the GW goal...they just weren’t very good defensively for multiple stretches tonight. Take the canceled 1st goal for the offside....NYI went 1 on 4 through the defense and absolutely leaving Murray lost.

If Pitt stays more disciplined on D and is more aggressive offensively, they win game 2

Back