2019 Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion and IN-GAME THREAD

My God how many power play total breakdowns leading to wide open shortie opportunities have we seen already just through these first game ones?

Seems way higher than I can ever remember

JM, I can’t recall one game this season they fumbled around with the puck offensively this much and had so many defensive breakdowns...

See Tampa last night for the guy-scratching-Head meme to try to understand this one.

Leafs defensively (especially behind the net when B’s were attacking) was very impresssive. Much more so than I ever thought. They won this game just as much as Boston was lackluster.

Lmao...Mike smith looks more like Mike Vernon tonight. Jeezus. He’s stopping pucks like they’re the size of beach balls tonight...my Lord.

Lmao...Mike smith looks more like Mike Vernon tonight. Jeezus. He’s stopping pucks like they’re the size of beach balls tonight...my Lord.

Bad night for me to take the Overs, only game that hits is one that I didn’t bet tonight

Boston hasnt played like that all year was a shock

4 shots in the 3rd is crazy for any team trying to come back, the fact its boston at home is wild

Tavares and marner were unreal

Rask should've been able to stop both of the breakaway goals & Chara is fucking useless. Slow, turns it over a lot & makes poor decisions.

Rask should've been able to stop both of the breakaway goals & Chara is fucking useless. Slow, turns it over a lot & makes poor decisions.

Zeke, you're a B's guy, I know. WTF was that last night? Rask on the penalty shot legit shit his pants and fell over to where MM had the entire goal wide open. Chara is like Shaq on skates and his game with all of the changes where speed being dominant sets his value back quite a bit....he was built to play in the Devils' neutral zone trap days and just fuck people up.

Been watching hockey a long time and didn't think I'd see ANY of the performances we've seen already from Tampa post 1st P, Boston the whole game or Mike Smith turning into Super-Goalie Mike Vernon from the '89 Flames team.

I'll say this though...it makes for great drama where we thought there might not be that much.

The Marner goal could've been stopped had Rask not backed into his net then froze. Marner was basically standing still. A quick poke check could've yielded a different result.

Nylander's shot wasn't super strong & hit Rask's stick or leg before bouncing through the 5 hole. I felt that was stoppable too. My buddy who follows the B's more closely than I do always bitches that Rask all too often lets in soft ones. I can't disagree & this is not the time for it.

On to game 2.

Vap based on the odds & my knowledge (for WTF that is worth) I would say Pitt all day.

Zeke- I'm thinking the same. I really like Pitt tonight as it is, and I'm hitting the puck line on em tonight.

Until they don't I'm taking the Over for rest of Vegas/Sharks. & Col/Tam series. I also think Pitt scores a bunch tonight and that goes over. Just my thought.

Tampa picking up right where they left off on a Wednesday...down 2-0 in the first.

Outscored CBJ 20-3 in the first 10 periods they played...last under 3 periods, Jackets have outscored them 6-0. Amazing

This is unreal whats happening in Tampa. The beauty of nhl playoffs though

If you didn’t know any better, you’d think the road team was the -400 fave for this series. They’re just flat out kicking their ass in every way.

Not even seeing live CBJ/Bolts lines the game is so off the charts. Love to see a number if nothing else out of sheer curiosity

+2.5 is -115... ugh that’s tempting just based on that’s its Tampa ... think I have to bite

+2.5 is -115... ugh that’s tempting just based on that’s its Tampa ... think I have to bite
Part that scares me about this is even if Bolts get 1 back quick late if they’re down 2 goalie is getting pulled. Bolts need to get it to 3-2 to be safe IMO.

But obv. Once TB wakes up (hopefully) it could all change...

Part that scares me about this is even if Bolts get 1 back quick late if they’re down 2 goalie is getting pulled. Bolts need to get it to 3-2 to be safe IMO.

But obv. Once TB wakes up (hopefully) it could all change...
Ya probably sucker money but gotta dabble

Pens D has stepped up big time...oh for 5 the Isles are on the PP....hate to do it to Mogo but I really want to get some black and gold money here

Christ almighty...posted that in my own thread before here...

Better to be lucky than good.

Horrid goal given up by Vasilesky...yikes

Might be time for the good ‘ol change your goalie momentum shift to get Tampa some life again

hopefully the start Domingue next game. Seems too work often. Maybe I only remember the times it works

hopefully the start Domingue next game. Seems too work often. Maybe I only remember the times it works
You’ve got nothing to lose at this point. Team is shell shocked.

Don’t forget though. Caps lost 2 home games 1st round last year to this same CBus team and then won 4 straight

You’ve got nothing to lose at this point. Team is shell shocked.

Don’t forget though. Caps lost 2 home games 1st round last year to this same CBus team and then won 4 straight

Once they switched their goalie and put holtby back in

Once they switched their goalie and put holtby back in
True. I was in DC for vacay last year for those 2 games...but huge factor difference is that Trotz knew WTF he was doing and didn’t give AF about ruffling feathers. Dude can coach...what he’s done w/NYI this year was nothing short of remarkable.

Head coaches in hockey I think are the 2nd most important in any sport behind football in how they can make a difference in scheme / motivation / gameplanning

True. I was in DC for vacay last year for those 2 games...but huge factor difference is that Trotz knew WTF he was doing and didn’t give AF about ruffling feathers. Dude can coach...what he’s done w/NYI this year was nothing short of remarkable.
Good point

Back