2017 NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors vs Cleveland Cavaliers Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Series starts on Thursday, June 1st.

Game 7 would be Sunday, June 18th.

2-2-1-1-1 Format.

Discuss...

picking the road team to cover at least 1 game. a mini chase.
also overs, gs home games 1st half totals seem to be lower than road games.

Before game 3 of Warriors vs Spurs, the odds at BookMaker were +209 for the Cavaliers to win it all. I'm seeing other folks on this forum report odds even juicier than that for the Cavaliers. But I don't even get the +209. I have no problem seeing the Warriors as the most likely winners, but twice as likely to win it as the Cavaliers? That just doesn't seem right...

I gotta be real

i think the nba is so so super talented right now and so many good players

i tell my friends who hate the nba "Just watch the playoffs y'all......you will see man!"

and this.......

the the finals will be quit your job good to watch(ala Gruv and the WC)

but this.....THIS

BLOWS......rather watch 90 year olds have an orgy

Lol

i see what you done did

Money still to he made the next 3 nights but then it's on to the inevitable. No reverse jinx here, just trying to generate some excitement about a series and keep thoughts in one thread.

Before game 3 of Warriors vs Spurs, the odds at BookMaker were +209 for the Cavaliers to win it all. I'm seeing other folks on this forum report odds even juicier than that for the Cavaliers. But I don't even get the +209. I have no problem seeing the Warriors as the most likely winners, but twice as likely to win it as the Cavaliers? That just doesn't seem right...

Heritage had Cleveland +270 before tonight's tip. I've been watching this # closely.

So,

How does the Game 3 Cleveland loss make you feel as we inch 10 days out from the start of this series?

-Does it take pressure off, getting a loss out of the way?
-Does it hurt momentum
-Does it bring up past playoff nightmares for LeBron?

I think none of the above. Cleveland weren't clear and cut favorites to win the title, so they didn't need to get a loss out of the way + NBA Finals are a series, not one game. Cleveland still knows they are going to be in the Finals and they also know that they been playing good basketball in the playoffs. One loss won't change it. As for playoff nightmares for LeBron, I think he is way past it. Never like him, but he is giving amazing post season. At his age, to be able to play at this level... I think last year's title, brining a trophy to Clevelanad, made him much more relaxed. Now he is playing for his legacy...

This is the Dubs series to lose, will get more into it after tonight's game.

Cavs way too flawed a team to win it all. Cramps will have to be perfect every game in order for them to win.

"I don't even think about them," Lue said of the Warriors to a small group of traveling Cleveland beat writers following the Cavs' Game 4 win Tuesday. "We're just focused on Boston. The stuff they're running, it's harder to defend than Golden State's (offense) for me, as far as the actions and all the running around and all the guys who are making all the plays, so it's a totally different thing."

Obviously part of a bigger point he was trying to make but he is still a dumbass.

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors - NBA Finals - Game 1</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Thu 6/1[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]701 Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +7 -110[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +260 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o225 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o109 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E3_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u109 -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]9:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]702 Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -7 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -320 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u225 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o116 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E4_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u116 -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors - NBA Finals - Series Winner - Best of Seven</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 6/1[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]801 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series)[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +235 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]802 Golden State Warriors (Series)[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -275 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors - NBA Finals - Game 2</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesCommentsRow"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<cite>teams must meet in NBA Finals for action.</cite>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 6/4[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]703 Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +7 -110[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +260 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o225 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o109 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E3_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u109 -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8:00PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]704 Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -7 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -320 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u225 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o116 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E4_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u116 -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers - NBA Finals - Game 3</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesCommentsRow"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<cite>teams must meet in NBA Finals for action.</cite>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Wed 6/7[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]705 Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +2 -110[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> +115 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o225 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E1_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o111½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E3_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u111½ -110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]706 Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -2 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> -135 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u225 -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E2_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> o113½ -110 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="E4_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-size-adjust: none;"> u113½ -110[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Nevada, Vegas

The NBA Finals are finally here, at least in Las Vegas. The Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has opened the series with the Warriors -260 favorites and the Cavs +220. Golden State is a 7.5-point fave in Game 1.

The cavs aren't going to know what the fuck hit them in G1. Luckboxed their way throughout the playoffs.

good luck to Lebron and Kyrie trying to drive into the paint every possession

Warriors -7 Large

Knowing what to expect and actually facing talent that's better than you/on par after 6 weeks are two different things

Cavs haven't played a top 10 NBA team in 2 months.

Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, Clippers, Thunder, Wizards (matchup) all superior to whatever that was out of Boston last series, the Pacers, and the Raptors.

Both teams knew this matchup was happening....Warriors had a pretty easy coast as well. Spurs without TP and Kawhi probably aren't a playoff team.

The cavs aren't going to know what the fuck hit them in G1. Luckboxed their way throughout the playoffs.

good luck to Lebron and Kyrie trying to drive into the paint every possession

Warriors -7 Large

And the warriors???
Swept a pathetic Portland team, Jazz have honestly no offense threat, and Spurs without Kawai and Parker.

Cavs played Raptors, Pacers and Boston without IT

And the warriors???
Swept a pathetic Portland team, Jazz have honestly no offense threat, and Spurs without Kawai and Parker.

Cavs played Raptors, Pacers and Boston without IT

If you think the talent the cavs played is in the same universe as the warriors we will just agree to disagree because it's not even remotely close.

It's all about guard play in the playoffs. The raptors didn't have their engine (Lowry) for two games. The pacers are coached by a nimwit that has no business being in the playoffs. And the Celtics did all they could do. Just didn't have the competent bigs to challenge in the paint.

Even without TP and Kawhi the spurs still put up a fight because pop gets the most out of whatever player he has in that system.

My entire point is that Lebron has absolutely toyed with the competition so far this postseason. I just don't think they're ready for the challenge that the warriors will bring.

Love is going to need to continue being the aggressor and I don't know if he will now that he's not facing lesser competition

Yea I'd have to disagree with ya to agree there.

Lowry, does it really matter? He's usually MIA in playoffs anyways.

I am debating if I should drop a dime or two on GSW to win the series, which I think they should.

My concern right now is Klay been MIA, Curry been good, but not great. Is it because he has Durant now?

TOTALS:
2015 NBA Finals Gm1 = Opens 204
2016 NBA Finals Gm1 = Opens 210
2017 NBA Finals Gm1 = Opens 225

HIGHEST/LOWEST TOTALS:
2015 NBA Finals = Gm1 (204) - Gm4 (192)
2016 NBA Finals = Gm1 (210) - Gm7 (206)
Total dropped throughout the series...

I am debating if I should drop a dime or two on GSW to win the series, which I think they should.

My concern right now is Klay been MIA, Curry been good, but not great. Is it because he has Durant now?

"Not Great"?? This is pretty great:

POSTSEASON STATS[TABLE="class: tablehead"]
<tbody>[TR="class: colhead"]
[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]
[TD="align: right"]MIN[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]FGM-FGA[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]FG%[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3PM-3PA[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3P%[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]FTM-FTA[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]FT%[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]REB[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]AST[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]BLK[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]STL[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]PF[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]TO[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]PTS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow"]
[TD="colspan: 3"]Averages[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]34.3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9.3-18.4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].502[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4.4-10.3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].431[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5.7-6.3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].907[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5.5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5.6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]28.6[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

*facepalm*

That is not the point whatsoever. Him being out not only made the raptors thinner, it took any belief they had a shot and squashed it.

You really think the pacers/raptors are on par with the jazz/blazers in terms of competition in playoff basketball? Is that what you're saying?

The Blazers could be argued are better than Boston. So the 8th seed in the West is better than the 1 seed in the East. Celtics balled out to their best of abilities this regular season but clearly overachieved and were probably the 9th best team in these playoffs.

So then it gets really pathetic when you start judging the Raptors and Pacers of the world. Borderline same talent of non playoff teams.

The Blazers could be argued are better than Boston. So the 8th seed in the West is better than the 1 seed in the East. Celtics balled out to their best of abilities this regular season but clearly overachieved and were probably the 9th best team in these playoffs.

Funny, the first thing I thought reading this thread was that the Blazers and Celtics would have been an entertaining series.

DAueSMPXYAEUIx2.jpg

I agree with Twinkie that this series is going to be epic. GOAT potential for sure. I think that people that want the Warriors to win or are betting them will say they will crush, and vice versus. I think it's going to be close games and high scoring. 225 seems crazy but I'll pay to see it. Cavs averaging I think 118 or so this playoffs and LeBron is in beast mode again this year. Irving imo is as good as Curry just not from behind the arc. Fuck who knows. It's going to be a awesome.

The question I have is how having 9 days off for the Warriors will affect them and the 6 days for the Cavs. It's fucking retarded that they put it off a week.

The simplistic ways to look at this series...

-Two of the top offenses in the league

-The best defense in the league

-One of the worst defenses in the league

-Warriors get 4 games to 3 on their court

-Warriors 2 superstars

-Cavaliers 1 superstar(best of the 3)

-If I had to rank how I would draft players here...

1. James
2. Durant
3. Curry
4. Green
5. Irving
6. Thompson
7. Love

-Both coaches suck

-Cavs playing with house money

-Pressure on Warriors

-Intangibles with the Warriors

I saw mention of Cleveland not being challenged as of late and that is true. They haven't played a 'power' in some time. At the same time, other than Game 1 of the Spurs series the Warriors have been straight coasting to victories for weeks now. The Cavs have the advantage of that Pacers series of playing 4 games down to the wire.

Revisionist history...ranking this years playoff teams with no conference affiliation...

1. Warriors
2. Cavs
3. Spurs
4. Houston
5. Utah
6. Washington
7. Boston
8. LA Clippers
9. Toronto
10. Portland
11. Oklahoma City
12. Memphis
13. Indiana
14. Atlanta
15. Milwaukee
16. Chicago

The dubs are going to have 3 pretty good defenders rotating guarding Lebron. Draymond we all know is a defensive phenom. KD is an underated defender with that long wing span. And Iggy although aging can make it a little tough for Lebron. He'll at least be fresh coming off the bench. A major upgrade of Harrison Barnes guarding him.

I saw a stat of when Draymond guards Lebron he's shooting 30%, or somewhere in that area. We may see him start the game guarding Lebron while KD checks Love.

Speaking of Love, the dubs need to check him at the 3 point line. Get on him and force him to drive the ball. I saw so many WIDE open threes against Boston where he didn't even have a defender in his face.

Bench is going to be key too. Patrick McCaw and Ian Clark have played well. Javale too. Livingston can still ball. The bench gotta extend leads or hold serve when in against Cavs bench. David West I'm not a real fan of him, just hope he gets a ring though. He gave up a lot of money to chase a ring.

I think we see a barrage of 3's in this series. I'm gonna look at props regarding them and if the number is good, hit the OVER.

I can't wait for this series. Both teams don't like each other and want to embarrass the other. It's gonna be epic.

Back