week 1 LVSC opening lines

i think the line is very legit.

syracuse was improving down the stretch. dont trust nw laying this many. not playing syracuse either but not liking northwestern .... will be playing them more in conference i think.

one thing that i will say is that syracuse was much better against power teams like iowa and pitt last year as compared to spread teams like usf , wvirg or cincy.

i remember needing a miracle to get nw to cover against e mich last year and northwestern is 2-14 ats as a home favorite over last 16. not inspiring to me.

I was hoping for less than DD in the NW v Cuse game, as my only fear in this one is that Syracuse will try to turn this into a grind it out ugly football game by running early and often and picking their spots here and there with the pass. This will churn and burn lots of time on the clock and I could see NW being up like 31-14 and then the Cuse getting a garbage time score to blow the cover in the 4th.

I agree that NW should be able to move the ball up and down the field both in the air with Bacher and on the ground with Sutton, but not sure yet how they will be affected by having new coordinators on both sides of the ball and four new guys on the coaching staff overall. The DC is coming from Wisky and they have pretty strong defenses year in and year out, and the OC is coming from BGSU, which runs an offense similar to NW, so there shouldn't be a big issue there.

The Cuse has lost its last 4 road openers by an avg of 30pts and they have lost 14 of 15 on the road, but man I wish this was 9.5 instead of 12. Slight lean at this point as I might have to take it as I don't see it going anywhere but up and the value disappears IMO if it hits the 13/14 range.

i am sort of hoping this one is close so i can play nw the following week in a major revenge spot at duke with a fair number

i am sort of hoping this one is close so i can play nw the following week in a major revenge spot at duke with a fair number

I'd be careful with NW in week 2. You just don't walk into Wallace Wade Stadium in front of 985 rabid fans and come out with an easy win

whats the status on ole miss recruit, powe? is he going to get in, that would make their dl DOMINANT in this game

good point . IT HAS to be a concern. they did show up at louisville last year , and played better than score indicates year before at ucla , and their bowl record , which are away from home , has been pretty impressive as well.

I know you guys have moved on....BUT I agree that those were solid games that they played but 108000 on week 1 of a new era is a little different IMO...

Ole Miss has been waiting on three-time signee and prep All-American Jerrell Powe to get eligible, but his status remained uncertain in the offseason.

from your blue ribbon yessir

That line pissed me off. I was really thinking -4 or so and they give us 10.

I will say that I'm 99% sure Ole Miss is going to pull at least 1 upset this year. There is some talent on that team. They have a huge OL, a mobile QB, a badass freshman RB and possibly the best all-purpose guy in the SEC (McCluster). If their rushing defense can hold up then they are going to cause some problems in the SEC West. If this O/U comes out pretty low then I may think about the Ole Miss team total as an Over play. I'm just not sure about the Memphis offense vs. Ole Miss defense matchup but I do think Ole Miss will score around 30 points in this game

OM is waiting on 2 instant impact players to get into school, it changes their defense a lot imo.

POWE = Former 5 star recruit in 2005 on the DL

Trahan = LB transfer from Auburn

I gotta admit I was surprised this one opened so high as I can't remember the last time these two played a game that was decided by double digits. This is a pretty big rivalry game and it is usually closely contested, even when there are differing levels of talent involved.

Memphis has a huge number of starters back. have a couple of guys competing for the QB spot (a JUCO guy and a hs kid who originally committed and signed with the Terps but backed out and is going to Memphis instead). I know Ole Miss is gonna be a lot better talent wise, but it seems that talent doesn't necessarily spell victory in this series as Memphis has beaten them a few times when the Rebels had the clear talent advantage (there was one game about 5yrs ago that stands out, but can't remember all the details).

I see this one as no more than a 7 point game either way, but doesn't interest me enough to warrant a play on Memphis b/c of the question marks at QB.

Stats from last years game might be deceiving..... ole miss got out front 21-0 or something like that early and sort of sat on it a little bit.

memphis has some nice receivers which makes me fear a backdoor a lot more at this number. a lot of close game history between these two and they traditionally go after a lot of the same recruits ... so its kind of an important rivalry in that sense too. you usually even see a lot of transfers between these two schools.

here are some posts from OM forum about this game.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Jerrel Powe rumor</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR color=#cccccc noShade>
On David Brandt's clarionledger.com blog he is saying that rumors are swirling that Powe has been cleared to play. He talked with Nutt and others and Nutt said things are looking positive but nothing concrete. According to him, the rumor is that it may be announced at the rebel club meeting in Jackson tonight.

-----------------------------------------------

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#efefef><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>We should beat them pretty handily this year, say, by 14 or so. However, this is their most impoortant game of their year so they really get up for it. And in the past few years we've changed our offensive scheme so many times we're still learning the plays when we play them. Hopefully we come into the game healthy, unlike last year, and play like we're capapble of playing. They have a SEC quality receiving corps but are thin at QB. I think the keys to the game is us putting pressure on the QB and them stopping our running game.

<SCRIPT language=javascript>if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) {document.writeln('"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. If we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome"-Anne Dudley Bradstreet');} </SCRIPT>"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. If we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome"-Anne Dudley Bradstreet

Posted on 7/11 1:10 PM | IP: Logged

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 8px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef" colSpan=2>
spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript>var postUser114131385=645443;DrawHeaderNew (65, 'PiedmontRebel', 645443,'Roanoke, VA','All-America Selection',6892,'',0,114131385,943,'Re: Nice post.',114129524,1036,'#ffffff','','0','0');</SCRIPT><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top width=125 bgColor=#ffffff>PiedmontRebel

All-America Selection
Post #6892
Roanoke, VA
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Re: Nice post.</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>If I see prior to the SC game that Spurrier has found some offense, I won't be looking forward to that one either. Your D should be very, very good this year. Congrats on stealing Johnson from State.

Ranch pretty much hit it with the UM/Mem game being their superbowl. In 2005, we injured two of their qb's. If that happens this time, it'll get ugly in a hurry. This is the most favorable matchup we've had against Memphis in quite some time, so a blowout is possible. I don't think it'll happen though because we'll run a lot. I see it as a less than 2 td game: OM 28 UM 20. Something along those lines. It definitely won't be a good predictor of how our season will go.

<SCRIPT language=javascript>if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) {document.writeln('');} </SCRIPT>

Posted on 7/11 1:26 PM | IP: Logged

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 8px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" colSpan=2>
spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript>var postUser114131867=191582;DrawHeaderNew (0, 'zreb', 191582,'','',9199,'',0,114131867,943,'Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan',114129524,1036,'#efefef','','','');</SCRIPT><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top width=125 bgColor=#efefef>zreb
Post #9199
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#efefef><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>You should have played us last year when we were a gimme. We'll be better but how we'll match u is ALWAYS a guess for me. You present an awesome crowd/stadium experience and your coach never quits so hopefully both of us will be in good health before and after the game.
We should clip Memphis as our play calling and depth should beat last year's and Mem may be about the same depth as last.

Posted on 7/11 1:43 PM | IP: Logged

spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript>var postUser114135654=1240285;DrawHeaderNew (53, 'rebman10', 1240285,'Tupelo','Pre-season Playboy All-America Selection',3051,'',0,114135654,943,'Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan',114129524,1036,'#ffffff','http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/_resized_/Atlanta-Braves-Blue-Logo-resized-96.gif','96','96');</SCRIPT><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top width=125 bgColor=#ffffff>rebman10

Pre-season Playboy All-America Selection
Post #3051
Tupelo
Atlanta-Braves-Blue-Logo-resized-96.gif

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>If Powe is cleared to play. We may have the best d-line with him Jerry, Tillman, Hardy, and Laurent. I expect our d-line and linebackers to give there new quarterback the beating of his life. With that being said, I think we will dominate their offensive line and defensive line. Ole Miss wins 31-10

<SCRIPT language=javascript>if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) {document.writeln('"If you ain\'t first, you\'re last!" Ricky Bobby
<hr>
rebel-fans.jpg

<hr>
brett.jpg
');} </SCRIPT>"If you ain't first, you're last!" Ricky Bobby
<HR>
rebel-fans.jpg

<HR>
brett.jpg

Posted on 7/11 4:20 PM | IP: Logged

spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript>var postUser114143085=130413;DrawHeaderNew (0, 'sooper_rebel', 130413,'Olive Branch, MS','Pre-season Playboy All-America Selection',3677,'',0,114143085,943,'Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan',114129524,1036,'#efefef','http://www.josediaz.net/cgn40/images/animflagmiss.gif','68','50');</SCRIPT><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top width=125 bgColor=#efefef>sooper_rebel
Post #3677
Olive Branch, MS
animflagmiss.gif

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#efefef><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>Do you really think that Powe, even if cleared, will be ready and conditioned for football so soon?

<SCRIPT language=javascript>if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) {document.writeln('');} </SCRIPT>

Posted on 7/12 7:21 AM | IP: Logged

spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript>var postUser114143883=1240285;DrawHeaderNew (53, 'rebman10', 1240285,'Tupelo','Pre-season Playboy All-America Selection',3052,'',0,114143883,943,'Yes I do.',114129524,1036,'#ffffff','http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/_resized_/Atlanta-Braves-Blue-Logo-resized-96.gif','96','96');</SCRIPT><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top width=125 bgColor=#ffffff>rebman10

Post #3052
Tupelo
Atlanta-Braves-Blue-Logo-resized-96.gif

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Yes I do.</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>He has been working out with the team this summer. He has lost 40 pounds within the past 3 or 4 months.

<SCRIPT language=javascript>if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) {document.writeln('"If you ain\'t first, you\'re last!" Ricky Bobby
<hr>
rebel-fans.jpg

<hr>
brett.jpg
');} </SCRIPT>"If you ain't first, you're last!" Ricky Bobby
<HR>
rebel-fans.jpg

<HR>
brett.jpg

Posted on 7/12 8:51 AM | IP: Logged

spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript>var postUser114168984=1894024;DrawHeaderNew (21, 'BlueChipReb', 1894024,'','Three-Star Prospect',348,'',0,114168984,943,'Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan',114129524,1036,'#efefef','','0','0');</SCRIPT><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top width=125 bgColor=#efefef>BlueChipReb

Three-Star Prospect
Post #348
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#efefef><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>You're right. I'll be putting money on us with the -10 spread. I believe that's what you're asking.

Posted on 7/13 11:31 PM | IP: Logged

spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript>var postUser114170280=853447;DrawHeaderNew (0, 'WHITER0CKC0CK', 853447,'','',1956,'',0,114170280,943,'Re: Nice post.',114129524,1036,'#ffffff','','','');</SCRIPT><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top width=125 bgColor=#ffffff>WHITER0CKC0CK
Post #1956
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Re: Nice post.</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>
<HR color=#cccccc noShade>Originally posted by PiedmontRebel:
If I see prior to the SC game that Spurrier has found some offense, I won't be looking forward to that one either. Your D should be very, very good this year. Congrats on stealing Johnson from State.

Ranch pretty much hit it with the UM/Mem game being their superbowl. In 2005, we injured two of their qb's. If that happens this time, it'll get ugly in a hurry. This is the most favorable matchup we've had against Memphis in quite some time, so a blowout is possible. I don't think it'll happen though because we'll run a lot. I see it as a less than 2 td game: OM 28 UM 20. Something along those lines. It definitely won't be a good predictor of how our season will go.
<HR color=#cccccc noShade>​

Actually we stole Johnson from Arkansas. Johnson was DC at Arkansas for about 2 weeks

Posted on 7/14 6:50 AM | IP: Logged

spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript>var postUser114178021=192299;DrawHeaderNew (61, 'Rebeldrummer', 192299,'Gulfport, MS','All-America Selection',6930,'',0,114178021,943,'Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan',114129524,1036,'#efefef','','0','0');</SCRIPT><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top width=125 bgColor=#efefef>Rebeldrummer

All-America Selection
Post #6930
Gulfport, MS
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top bgColor=#efefef><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Re: I come in peace. Curious Gamecock fan</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR color=#cccccc noShade>That's a tough one. This game is usually much closer than any of us would like. And, they even beat us in '03 and '04. (Side note: Cut is a good coach but one example of why we were ready to move on is that we lost to Memphis with a senior Eli Manning leading the team with over 400 yards in the air against the Tigers). That tells you how tough this game is for us most years. It's been quite some time (2002) since we defeated them handily.

I think we're due somewhat of a breather against our neighbors to the north this year. We should be as good overall in the trenches as we've been in my lifetime. I think our OL and DL will set the tone for this game and it won't be as close as in recent years. Plus, their QB situation is extremely shaky at this point. Though, they do have some good receivers like Duke Calhoun who will try to test our thin, inexperienced secondary.

Tommy West is a good coach but his teams managed to go 0-3 against an Ole Miss coach who finished his stint in Oxford with a losing record against Vandy. Rebs 35 Tigers 17

<SCRIPT language=javascript>if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) {document.writeln('<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii108/carrmckay/shutupanddrink2.jpg?t=1207027899"/>');} </SCRIPT>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Horn or any Texas guy. How did Snead look at UT or how does he project going forward. I know hes VHT and mobile I believe. Should he be a good fit at Ole Miss?

Horn or any Texas guy. How did Snead look at UT or how does he project going forward. I know hes VHT and mobile I believe. Should he be a good fit at Ole Miss?

Better than that Tennessee transfer they had there for awhile. that guy was a trainwreck.... schaeffer.

IMO he will be a perfect fit with what Nutt wants to do his first year at Ole Miss. I really can't imagine Nutt leaving a worse situation and finding a much better one. He hit the jackpot, IMO

Better than that Tennessee transfer they had there for awhile. that guy was a trainwreck.... schaeffer.

The funny thing is it was between Ole Miss and Wisconsin and I was seriously praying that dude would pick Wisconsin. Thought it would have taken us to a National champ. Boy I couldnt have been more wrong:36_11_6:

i fall in line with CB here .... under a td i am looking to play ole miss ... not at this number ....

any more thoughts or onward ??

anyone ???

i like glenn in lined home openers. i bet against him in this spot last year with virginia in what i thought was a trench advantage for cavaliers and it was an asswhooping that i really couldnt believe when i was watching it.

wyoming won by a point last year at ohio despite being minus 4 in turnovers. they held ohio to 1.1 ypc when ohio had mcrae ... now he is gone.

lean cowboys

First question is did Joe Glenn guarantee a win? If so I'm on Ohio ML. Seriously though, if this one gets above 10 then I lean Ohio. Wyoming is a very difficult place to travel to but I have these two capped as Even on a neutral field. I just don't see Ohio getting nine because they have to travel. The thing Wyoming has going for them is that they generally play well in openers

Definitely a no play for me because Wyoming has too many questions on offense for me to even consider this one.

They are bringing in a new OC and will revamp their entire offensive scheme to focus more on an up tempo style of passing attack, but they don't even know who their starting QB is gonna be this fall, as last year's starter is gonna be in a tough competition this fall to keep his job due to his lack of production last season.

I know they return a lot of guys, and they should have a pretty strong line on both sides of the ball, but the new scheme and lack of definition at the QB position with fall practice right around the corner, makes me shy away from this one, because that means that no one guy may be getting the snaps he needs to learn the new offense in time to be razor sharp in week 1. Definitely a pass for me, which is painful, since I love these types of under the radar games.

Wisky covers against the MAC period. They are 3-0 ATS against Bowling Green and Akron over the last 5 years. I just don't see it stopping here. Akron will NOT be able to score. I think if Wisky scores 35 then we are looking at a push as the worst case scenario.

The problem is that Akron only returns 5 starters on a defense that was not very good last year. They gave up 184 rushing per game. PJ Hill and those 4 returning OL are going to have a fucking field day against that. He's getting 8 ypc in that game IMO. I see this one ending at 41-3

i have wyoming as roughly a td better than ohio on neutral.... how does ohio replace mcrae ?? they were -4 at ohio last year and now ohio is markedly worse and wyoming is markedly better ... line is as if both are the same .... final score was deceiving .. wyoming had a 28-13 fd advantage and 130 more yards of offense in athens.

Actually I have to start doing a little work at work now so cant go in depth. Wisconsin has a lot of question marks though on both sides of the ball. They will most likely just pound the ball though. Their two non question marks. OL and RB. They now go 4 deep at RB all very capable of rushing for 100 yards. All of them. Its the most depth Wisconsin has ever had at this position hands down.

i have wyoming as roughly a td better than ohio on neutral.... how does ohio replace mcrae ?? they were -4 at ohio last year and now ohio is markedly worse and wyoming is markedly better ... line is as if both are the same .... final score was deceiving .. wyoming had a 28-13 fd advantage and 130 more yards of offense in athens.

On that one I was posting purely of heresay from my neighbor who is an Ohio U grad. He said they are going to be improved this year even without McRae. Now I don't know where he gets his info from as I've never even heard of an Ohio U message board or anything. Anyway, I doubt I'll play this game period, especially after that UVA fiasco last year

Actually I have to start doing a little work at work now so cant go in depth. Wisconsin has a lot of question marks though on both sides of the ball. They will most likely just pound the ball though. Their two non question marks. OL and RB. They now go 4 deep at RB all very capable of rushing for 100 yards. All of them. Its the most depth Wisconsin has ever had at this position hands down.

on paper this should be a bigger asswhooping than florida over hawaii.

i think this is a destruction but i am not big on laying 4 full tds to anyone. with akron keeping the score close with ohio state last year i think wiscy is ready here. still 4 td .....

Do you think Akron will move the ball with any success? I just don't see it happening. I know they return 8 on offense but I think they are going to be so outmanned that it just won't matter

OSU was also looking ahead to going to Washington last year whereas Wisconsin will be welcoming Marshall to town in the following week

Back