week 1 LVSC opening lines

washington was ranked 103 in total defense and gave up 185 a game on the ground ... and that is the average with an 8 yard performance out of syracuse.

hard to back an under unless the posted number is very high

you have to give oregon atleast 5 points for homefield ......... you would make this under a fieldgoal at washington ??

you have to give oregon atleast 5 points for homefield ......... you would make this under a fieldgoal at washington ??

Without any knowledge of Oregon's QB, I would have to. It could prove to be widly incorrect once the game plays out, but it's the best I can come up with in Mid-July.

I wouldnt. Hell no. Oregon should be atleast a 6-8 point fav on the road I think. But I also think they should be a little bigger fav than they are right now at home. We do know one thing though. Oregon is def the better team

I wouldnt. Hell no. Oregon should be atleast a 6-8 point fav on the road I think. But I also think they should be a little bigger fav than they are right now at home. We do know one thing though. Oregon is def the better team

big difference between 9.5 and 10.5 , i think we would all agree.

Wyoming wins by 3 TD's. There I said it. A bunch of 260 pound DLineman aren't going to do very well at 7200 feet against a line that's going to average 300 pounds. They averaged over 5 ypc @Ohio last year and it's not going to be any easier for the Bobcats this year. I don't care if Wyoming starts a kicker at QB. The Cowboys ran 47 times last year and they were down most of the game. They take an early lead this year and run it all day. 60+ carries for Moore and Seldon.

Cowboys blow out opening game opponents and this won't be any different.

sorry i just joined :)

there you are. about friggin time.

did i move on too fast ?? some late thoughts there on the wash/oergon game ... keep going with more if you want.

Likely a no play for me. I really want to be on UAB but I just don't think I'll be able to pull the trigger

Tulsa is going to miss Paul Smith to no end. Tarrion Adams and the Tulsa OL however scare me to death. They may be able to just eat clock all day long and not even utilize the passing game

I lost far too much money on UAB last year to back them right out of the gates. Going to have to follow them for a couple weeks

I think Tulsa is moderately worse than last season, yet they could skate to an 8-0 record to start the season. They will be wildly overvalued, particularly as the season goes on.

Likely a no play for me. I really want to be on UAB but I just don't think I'll be able to pull the trigger

i am hoping that this line would get up to 17. the qb loss for tulsa is huge imo. Their defense is full of small , slow guys who tackle with their arms.

weird line for trying to attract a road fav from a line perspective. you'd think if they wanted uab money they'd make it a 13.5 rather than 15

I agree Tulsa brings back basically everything offense (besides Smith).

This D should just be horrendous though. They gave up 33 a game LY, and they lsoe their top four tacklers. These guys had 165, 139, 114, and 87 tackles respectively (along with 14.5 of their 30 sacks and 5 INT). That is just a ridiculous amount to lose.

Here is how their defense fared on the road LY:

17 @ULM
48 @UTEP
44 @UCF
25 @Tulane
39 @Army
43 @Rice
44 @UCF

I think Tulsa is moderately worse than last season, yet they could skate to an 8-0 record to start the season. They will be wildly overvalued, particularly as the season goes on.

their schedule is a joke.

this team that couldnt tackle for crapola last year loses their top four tacklers from last year. uab moved the ball on tulsa in tulsa and while tulsa ran up big yards they only managed an 8 poitn win.

That 3-3-5 that Tulsa runs could smell nightmare if Joe Webb is able to scramble outside the tackle box. UAB should score fairly easily. I would love to see UAB win this game and get some respect before they head on the road to play FAU in week 2

UAB still sucks, but Webb has shown flashes and they return their entire DL along with 3 of 5 on the OL. That makes me optimistic that they will be a bit more prepared in the trenches.

Swayze Waters is actually an excellent kicker, and far better than Tulsa's guy. Some hidden points there.

tulsa looked good against bowling green.........roflmao .. one team had the under and the other team had the over.

defense was inexperienced last year and a few years removed from hackney i think the qb's can perform better now

I think I'll likely be on UAB (as long as I'm getting 14+). It will likely be a nightmare game for a bettor to watch though.

likely bet on uab from me , i expect to see atleast a 17 between the tulsa love and uab hate.

any more thoughts or onward ?

Ugh, I'll sit this one out. Clueless on the TCU game. New Mexico is one of those squads that I can't get a handle on.

I just don't understand the TCU vs. New Mexico line

Things in TCU's favor

1. They are flat out deeper and more talented. They return 15 starters to UNM's 10. Both teams lose 3 of their top 5 tacklers. UNM is losing 4/5 OL while TCU returns 3/4 DL. That is a BAD matchup for UNM
2. TCU has covered the spread against UNM each of the last 3 years, yet the spread this year is lower than ever even with TCU bringing back more talent. I refuse to believe that UNM has that much of a homefield advantage
3. TCU hosts Stephen F Austin in week 2 while UNM has A&M at home in week 2 and Arizona at home in week 3. They may not even remember they are playing TCU as they have 2 "super bowls" in a row against BCS teams.

Well i can tell you a few things.

1. TCU owns new mexico

2. While TCU loses stud DL , they are loaded at the position again.

3. new mexico will be sporting an inexperienced ol filled with new starters and jucos , as compared to a senior laden ol last year.

4. leading returning receiver for lobos had 254 rec yds last year

5. TCU had 23 - 6 fd edge last year ( my mwc game of the year of sorts-- what the hell i mention all my losers in this thread , dont want people to think i completely suck balls )

6. Dalton should be improved at qb , though he has been an interception machine.

7. Huge retrun to rb for tcu as brown returns.

8. tcu returns a lot on the ol while new mexico loses the two DE anchors to their DL

guess you see where i am going with this,.....

TCU bettors just need to hope that Dalton is decent and that Brown is effective as it is his first action in a long time.

NM will show up against TCU regardless of A%M and AZ. They constantly get stomped by this TCU team. With only one OL returning for NM I don't see how they can slow down the TCU defense. I really don't want to play a road fav in week one, but anything 4 or under is an auto play on TCU. QB play should be improved as Dalton was a much better QB in the second half of last year.

sure jpicks can add a lot to this particular game if he ever shows the hell back up.

game in the trenches here spells trouble for new mexico and one thing aptterson knows how to coach is stopping the run. you cant run on tcu. you cant run on tcu.... been like that for years ... you cant run on tcu ... so they are going to have to trust the new ol to protect proterie ( who is pretty damn good , no knock on the qb ) and proterie will have to hit new wr... tough spot imo for new mexico.

NM will show up against TCU regardless of A%M and AZ. They constantly get stomped by this TCU team. With only one OL returning for NM I don't see how they can slow down the TCU defense. I really don't want to play a road fav in week one, but anything 4 or under is an auto play on TCU. QB play should be improved as Dalton was a much better QB in the second half of last year.

Come on guys, now I'm getting convinced to play a game that I knew virtually nothing about 10 minutes ago.:36_11_6:

wish i had the numbers to back up my dalton comments, but to be quite honest I passed a kidney stone tonight and I'm not feeling well enough to look shit up. I remember reading that his INT's were way down this year and with Dalton back (MWC pre-season offensive player of the year in 07) they should be able to control both sides of the line of scrimmage and scratch out a relatively easy victory.

La. Tech seems to have lost a good amount of defensive depth. Two young guys taking the reins at QB. I think I'll stay away.

wish i had the numbers to back up my dalton comments, but to be quite honest I passed a kidney stone tonight and I'm not feeling well enough to look shit up. I remember reading that his INT's were way down this year and with Dalton back (MWC pre-season offensive player of the year in 07) they should be able to control both sides of the line of scrimmage and scratch out a relatively easy victory.

He was better second half of the year as was the entire offense ,,, which returns 8/9 all together. Of note is that the average defense they faced in the second half of the year was tougher than the first half of the year... makes the progress look more impressive. Team was battling some off the field steroid issues last year that might have gone under the radar for some. Should be a more focused team. I like them to possibly beat byu this year so i shouldnt shy away from a 3.5 in new mexico who i think is down in 08.

He was better second half of the year as was the entire offense ,,, which returns 8/9 all together. Of note is that the average defense they faced in the second half of the year was tougher than the first half of the year... makes the progress look more impressive. Team was battling some off the field steroid issues last year that might have gone under the radar for some. Should be a more focused team. I like them to possibly beat byu this year so i shouldnt shy away from a 3.5 in new mexico who i think is down in 08.

just be careful playing tcu on thursday night games. they have some kind of mental block playing @home/on the road in that spot. no idea why

What a random game. Why in the hell did MSU do a home and away with La Tech?

MSU has won 4/5 games dating back to last season. La Tech was very mediocre all last season, aside from nearly beating Hawaii. I just think this is going to be a trenches game again. Croom will have his boys ready to play defense. I think LT is going to have trouble scoring and Dixon should be fairly successful running the ball against a green front 4 from LT. I hate laying road favorites but it looks like 2 in a row for me with TCU and MSU

I'm not in the business of laying dd with a team that averaged 21.5 last year.

I really have not given much attention to this game , so i wont be much help here.

Very fair point VK. They also went about getting that 21.5 average in an extremely odd way. They had plenty of low scores but scored more than 30 points on 5 different occasions.

What a random game. Why in the hell did MSU do a home and away with La Tech?

MSU has won 4/5 games dating back to last season. La Tech was very mediocre all last season, aside from nearly beating Hawaii. I just think this is going to be a trenches game again. Croom will have his boys ready to play defense. I think LT is going to have trouble scoring and Dixon should be fairly successful running the ball against a green front 4 from LT. I hate laying road favorites but it looks like 2 in a row for me with TCU and MSU

That is sort of my concern though ... latech ran the ball for about a buck fifty a game last year and that is roughly what msu gave up a game ( of course to sec offenses ) . Clock might be running a lot in this game. Would i be sur[prised if msu blew them out ? not really but i just dont have a good feel here.

Back