week 1 LVSC opening lines

Miami O could play many many under games this year. Defense should be one of the best if not the best in the entire conference.

Last year they covered at Vandy as 13 point dogs late in the season. Dont know much about their QB situation. Steele thinks its going to be a rFR. Dude is 6-5 240 so I cant believe hes that mobile. I actually like the potential they have at WR though. Woods had a nice year for them and Givens as a true frosh gave them close to 500 yards.

They were plus 4 in turnovers.

they were dominated on the field of play. 24 fd to 16

Vandy might be too much of unknown to back here as a road dog to a miami ohio team that should be better this year. But i dont want to lay chalk on a mac team against the sec either.

As of right now again probably a no play but if I had to I would take the home team and lay the small chalk. Just cant back Vandy on the road after losing their best player in Earl Bennett.

Vandy might be too much of unknown to back here as a road dog to a miami ohio team that should be better this year. But i dont want to lay chalk on a mac team against the sec either.
:shake:

exactly my feelings. it will be under or nothing here for me

If he wins 54% of his games this year he can pack it up. The Clemson vs. Bama game is going to mirror the Clemson vs. FSU game last year in terms of offensive strategy. We are going to keep it very simple IMO

ETG special right here. Lets hear it man. All about the Gamecocks

If he wins 54% of his games this year he can pack it up. The Clemson vs. Bama game is going to mirror the Clemson vs. FSU game last year in terms of offensive strategy. We are going to keep it very simple IMO

hahha no doubt

if i remember correctly, clemmons had atleast 3-4 new OL last year as well, the difference though is that those OL were older than the ones this year that are expected to start?

i will keep a scorecard of consensus type feelings

utep at buffal0 -2.5 , no real consensus feelings ( we didnt really talk scoring but it should be high )

vandy at miami ohio , strong consensus to low scoring

Seems like Smelley had quite the shitty Spring game ETG. And sounds like they are high on this Garcia kid (who looks like he has some character issues). That kid going to get a shot or is he in too much trouble.

too much to say about this game. few things:

1)its on thursday night at home and SC has represented well on Thursday night in Williams Brice.

2)there is a sense or urgency, a sense of trying to erase last year and imo and the opinion of many others, this can not be a 20-13 type game.

3)sc has vandy on deck, they are not looking ahead at all, its about erasing last year and starting this year fresh and positive, winning game 1 is all that matters

4) i cant tell you what will happen at QB until we get to fall practice, manage the game is the plan.

5) sc te's are going to be matchup hell for 3 new LB's for State

6) sc can stop the pass all day in man coverage against this team so they will sell out to stop the 3-head-rushing attack from state

Good idea there VK. Will be good to look back to once we get all done with this stuff

i made this line higher.

etg i want to know if the ol can run the ball or not on these guys.

Seems like Smelley had quite the shitty Spring game ETG. And sounds like they are high on this Garcia kid (who looks like he has some character issues). That kid going to get a shot or is he in too much trouble.

here is the thing about the spring game. the defense rushed 3 guys and dropped 7-8 in coverage, about 3 of the picks from smelley/beecher were unreal plays from the db's, the #1 wr on the team wasn't on the field, and it was a spring game. prior to that game, smelley and beecher went liek a week and a half with no picks. the spring game means squat, fall practice will tell the story.

garcia, i wonteven talk about until he makes it back to practice. he has the most ability but how much of the offense does he know? no one knows

I mean the one thing we know about o'brien is that he will make his guys play physical ... and the problems that south carolina had at the end of last year were stopping the run and rushing it themselves. if they can win that battle on just one side of the ball, then i can lay the points here with what should be success in the air offensively and especially defensively.

i made this line higher.

etg i want to know if the ol can run the ball or not on these guys.

i am very optimistic about the OL because I think this year, coach hunt(ol coach) finally has a plate of players to work with.

Hutch Eckerson (steele has him liek 3rd string) is starting LT the first game because Jamon Meredith (28 starts) has to sit out the first 2 games. The coaches love Hutch, so much so, that if he performs, Jamon will move to RT or Guard. 5 starts as true frosh, RS last yr

Center position should be sured up by Garrett Anderson, kid has a tremendous amount of natural ability, putting all together hasn't happened yet because part of it has been injuries.

Heath Batchelor will start at RG, this is a nother very solid player with real game experience and coaches love him.

these 3 players are from spurriers highly regarded OL class, they are now in their 3rd year, all expected to be rocks on the OL.

If SC can't run on State they will have issues the whole year. State has 3 new LB's, and their DL is their strength so it will be a good test

I rated ncstate dl the worst in the acc. So if the gamecocks cant run on these guys at home on a thursday night , they are going to struggle bigtime against sec defenses this year.

I mean the one thing we know about o'brien is that he will make his guys play physical ... and the problems that south carolina had at the end of last year were stopping the run and rushing it themselves. if they can win that battle on just one side of the ball, then i can lay the points here with what should be success in the air offensively and especially defensively.

I also think Ellis Johnson brings a more physical presence to this team on defense. We are a very vetern team in our back 7 and the corners are capable of man so look for E. Cook to be up around the LB's in rushing situations (best tackler on team). Defense at the end of year was just too run down, too inexperienced, and without B52.

I think for SC, Spurrier and the Fans sake, this game can not be close. It can not be a 20-13 with a late TD. It just can not be a piss poor offensive effort. I don't see State breaking 13 points, maybe not even 10, so it will be up to the offense to show up.

I want to know if State can put up more than 14 points here. Because if they cant I think SC puts up 28-35 so I would obviously like the Cocks here. Being primetime at home to open up the season doesnt hurt either

everythingthatsgreen;944302]I think for SC, Spurrier and the Fans sake, this game can not be close. It can not be a 20-13 with a late TD. It just can not be a piss poor offensive effort. I don't see State breaking 13 points, maybe not even 10, so it will be up to the offense to show up
Well I guess theres my answer. Going all SC here. Depending on total I like SC (strong) and under. Maybe 28-13 type of score.

no doubt i lean sc, but things to keep an eye on for the fall would be the OL/QB. We are set at WR & TE, capable at RB, its about finding a QB and sticking with him and finding the starting 5 on the OL. As bad as the OL was last year, i think SC avg 26pts game or something, certainly not great but not terrible. I do expect a large improvement in the OL this year, its now or never for some of these guys now 3 years deep in the program and highly recruited.

I think for SC, Spurrier and the Fans sake, this game can not be close. It can not be a 20-13 with a late TD. It just can not be a piss poor offensive effort. I don't see State breaking 13 points, maybe not even 10, so it will be up to the offense to show up.

yup , i jsut cant see ncstate getting enough frist downs , and with shorter fields spurrier and company should score.

another thing to mention here is that ncstate has a noob kicker and south carolina has succop. huge edge there.

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
i will keep a scorecard of consensus type feelings

utep at buffal0 -2.5 , no real consensus feelings ( we didnt really talk scoring but it should be high )

vandy at miami ohio , strong consensus to low scoring

ncstate at s carolina -13 , strong consensus to south carolina and low scoring. That is anti-correlated though , so i would be very leery of playing both even though thats how we all seem to see it playing out.

yup , i jsut cant see ncstate getting enough frist downs , and with shorter fields spurrier and company should score.

another thing to mention here is that ncstate has a noob kicker and south carolina has succop. huge edge there.

Great point there. And Im sure this wont be the first time I say this all year but I cant stand college kickers and Im sure they will cost me a lot of money this year

Succop should be better this year, he has a long leg (56yd) in spring game, but apparently, punting-kicking off-xp's-field goals made him tired last year so he will be doing no more punting. i dun think that means shit but im no kicker. he is pretty much money inside 40yds unless its @ tenneesse or vs. UNC when i need a cover

As do I VK. Think Wake takes it to them hard. Like very embarrasing hard. You have same thoughts or do you know something I dont and like the dog?

i like this wake team i really do (clemson better take notice for that thurs night game)

hate the matchup for baylor.

look at this game ..... baylor , even with briles coming in ... should be a pass first team.... i have wake forest as the NUMBER ONE secondary in football. With baylor putting in new systems , how are they going to be properly prepared for a strange offense like wake forest ??? wake is ahrd to prepare for midseason , defensively.

concern would be .... playing wake as a dog has been money .... and fading them as chalk has been money.

btw steele has a true frosh listed as probable starter ... against that secondary and defense ?? good luck.

The mixture of Skinner/Adams should be more than enough to put up 35 or more on this terrible defense. They return 9 starters to a defense that was pretty decent last year. only allowing 109 rush. I cant see how Baylor is going to score a whole lot here. Maybe 14 if they get lucky

hate the matchup for baylor.

look at this game ..... baylor , even with briles coming in ... should be a pass first team.... i have wake forest as the NUMBER ONE secondary in football. With baylor putting in new systems , how are they going to be properly prepared for a strange offense like wake forest ??? wake is ahrd to prepare for midseason , defensively.

that is pretty bold kyle, pretty bold.

im not so sure i agree with that, very good, yes, but i didn't have them in my top 5

and yes, that wake forest offense is 1 tough one to defend. my concern was the double digit road chalk here but i like wake a lot

another game where you get the best kicker in the acc vs a ffreshman kicker. i enjoy the hidden points.

Good to hear that we agree on Baylor having huge trouble scoring here. Totally agree with the pass defense/secondary comment. Especially with that frosh starting. He is going to be seeing things he has never seen before in his first start against one of the best defenses. Can you say turnovers?

ETG drops off, Blue, CB, Dwight going to join in? Rexy? I see you guys lurking. Hop in here

Can't imagine i dont play wake in this game. hoping some big 12 money comes in and gets this under 10

Back