week 1 LVSC opening lines

If they do it. Its going to be through the air. Aaron Henry is coming of a torn ACL. Who knows if hes going to be ready for the season. If hes not they really dont have anyone with game experience as the backup. And Langford even when healthy is not a very good CB. Gets beat often. No way in hell they will be able to run the ball on them. Fastest group of LB in the conference and one of the fastest in the nation. Only lose DT Hayden. So basically no I dont think they can move the ball. Maybe 10 points

Wisky should be able to rush for 250-300 no problem. Just going to control both sides of the LOS

OSU was also looking ahead to going to Washington last year whereas Wisconsin will be welcoming Marshall to town in the following week

true and it was a terrible weather game.

akron only had 3 fd against ohio state after all.

theyve covered atleast their last five home openers.

akron was 100th in the nation in passing last year.

they experiment with some hurry up near the end of last year in the c mich game ( made no sense but whatever ).

I could see a 42-10 final something like that. But even if that happens that means we will be sweating out the -28. Dont know if I want to get into that the first week of the year

I could see a 42-10 final something like that. But even if that happens that means we will be sweating out the -28. Dont know if I want to get into that the first week of the year

my sentiments too. 27.5 i would give a lot more consideration........ first half bet might be good in that one though.

I don't know if I'll play this game but if you're going to take WMU just wait a few weeks. You will be able to get it at 17

wyoming minus 9 hosting ohio.

Do not really have a strong opinion here but I will throw out some positives about Ohio<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Yes they once again have a new starting quarterback but Theo Scott(this years starter) saw action in 10 games last year. He is a duel threat QB<O:p></O:p>

"Theo had an excellent spring" Solich said "He understands our system and is a good combo runner and thrower. We are able to use him in shotgun formations and as a running threat as well."<O:p></O:p>

He finished second in rushing for the team last year (only 120 though) "He has great escapability," Solich said.
From Blue Ribbon

<O:p</O:pWhile Scott holds the starting edge, a junior college transfer has created quite a buzz among the Bobcats' faithful. Junior Boo Jackson (6-0, 197) comes from El Camino College in California, and say those who have seen him play, could easily push Scott for a starting role in fairly short order.<O:p></O:p>
Jackson helped his cause with a strong spring performance, including completing 16-of-20 passes for 190 yards in the annual Green-White game. Jackson, an honorable mention JUCO All-American, possesses a strong, accurate arm and has quickly picked up Ohio's offensive system.<O:p></O:p>

"He can really fire the ball in with accuracy," Solich said. "A receiver doesn't have to be wide open for him to find his target. He has great anticipation and is an excellent scrambler. He just needs to gain some more experience, but he has the ability to be a really good collegiate quarterback<O:p></O:p>

I think a lot of people are thinking there will be a big dropoff at RB (McCrae gone) but Chris Garrett will be the new RB (from everything I have read). He is a beast and should cause problems for defenses. He is very athletic playmaker that finished 7 in PR yards and 24 in KR yards. He was a WR but supposedly will be their man at RB now.
With McCrae at RB the past 2 years the WR have not shown much. OU is putting out the “we are loaded but McCrae was a good back” message. I am not famililar with any of these guys
Oline was pretty good last year:

"We have a versatile, deep line," Solich said. "We have a good mixture of experience and talent that have worked together for some time. I expect our offensive line to be one of our strengths this season."

DEFENSIVE LINE<O:p></O:p>

In 2007, the Bobcats' defense placed third in the MAC in both tackles for loss and sacks. Conversely, Ohio's front four had difficulty stopping the run, allowing 186.4 yards rushing per game which ranked 91st nationally.<O:p></O:p>
A lot was expected before last season from then-sophomore Ernie Hodge (6-2, 287), who was coming off an impressive 2006 freshman campaign, but off-the-field matters took him away from the team and Hodge took a redshirt in 2007. He's back and moves from end, where he recorded 38 tackles as a freshman, to tackle as the Bobcats believe Hodge is their best option to replace Landon Cohen, who recorded 39.5 tackles for loss in his four year career.<O:p</O:p
The team is also eager to get a look at freshman defensive end Tremayne Scott (6-3, 227), who was an all-state performer out of Trinity Catholic High School in Ocala, Fla. after re-cording 103 tackles in his senior season.<O:p></O:p>
LINEBACKERS<O:p></O:p>

Like the defensive line, the Bobcats will have a combination of experience along with some interchangeable parts at linebacker. "We are looking for players who give us both speed and a physical presence," Solich said

DEFENSIVE BACKS<O:p></O:p>

Ohio's secondary returns three starters from a squad that ranked second in the MAC last season in pass efficiency defense while allowing a fifth-best 221.1 yards passing per game. <O:p></O:p>
The lone starter lost was also the Bobcats' leading tackler from last season, safety Todd Koenig, who piled up 96 tackles. But with experience returning at the safety and corner po-sitions, Ohio's secondary should be a strength.<O:p></O:p>
With Koenig's departure, junior Steven Jackson (6-2, 196) slides into the starting role at free safety. <O:p></O:p>
"He played really well from about the middle of last season and got a lot of playing time for us, so he still gives us some experience at free safety," Solich said.<O:p></O:p>

Blue Ribbon:
The Bobcats will be breaking in new starters at several key positions this season, most notably at running back and quarterback. Their success will depend on how quickly the newcomers can make an impact. Whether converted wideout Chris Garrett is ready to step in and take hold of the starting job, or it will fall to one of the younger

<TABLE id=inlinetable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=180 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" colSpan=2><CENTER>Grading the Ohio Bobcats</CENTER></TH><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=110>Unit</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=50><CENTER>Grade</CENTER></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=110>Offense </TD><TD width=50><CENTER>B-</CENTER></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=110>Special teams </TD><TD width=50><CENTER>B-</CENTER></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=110>Defense </TD><TD width=50><CENTER>C+</CENTER></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=110>Intangibles </TD><TD width=50><CENTER>B+</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anyone think WMU is worth a shot on the ML. This team is going to score some points this year and the pink-shirts are not likely to be much better on defense

Cubsker was getting into this one earlier. I thought he said W Michigan could pull it off or atleast keep it close. I actually like the two TD's

This is one game where the line came out exactly where i expected it to.

i lean w mich here.

check out the info BAR and Dmoney provide on Hiller in BARS topic1 thread.

blue chip also stated that it took lsu awhile to adjust to pellini , so might expect the same from husker nation ?

i probably sit this one out but gun to my head its the broncos. ..... if nebraska is ahead 34-10 heading into the fourth quarter , i am stll not sure how confident i would be in covering.

i am heading out 4 the night, great thread guys, lota shit i can print out for my plane ride thursday

overload ?? want to take a break signal ?? hour and a half , dmoney should be joining and maybe tru is done getting ordered around by his lady by then.

alright i will be back at 9 pacific. if anyone else wants to continue down the list , go for it.

yeah take a break. I can actually get some work done then. Its been VK. Ill check back in about hour and a half

Nice thread guys. I have read every post. Had to take a nap in between and now going to Taco Bell (I think), but I may drop in later.

I don't want to be the wet blanket that slows everything down and I know you have moved on, but as of right now, Wyoming -9 is my largest week one bet. I can only hope I get that line for real.

Nice thread guys. I have read every post. Had to take a nap in between and now going to Taco Bell (I think), but I may drop in later.

I don't want to be the wet blanket that slows everything down and I know you have moved on, but as of right now, Wyoming -9 is my largest week one bet. I can only hope I get that line for real.

No problem man. Expand on that if you wouldnt mind. I personally need to find out more about that game anyways

9 pacific roll call ... need a few people to do this thing.

Also recommend rereading the whole thread later. i missed a CB post about michigan and a tooltones post as well somehow. not sure how but i did.

roll call !

yup, dmoney.... need some more folks to show up too.

the list we will be running down is TRU's post number 1 of this thread. If anyone has comments about any of the games prior to nebraska -14 to wmich on that list. please talk about them now. if you wish to discuss a game after nebraska -14 , if at all possible try to wait until we get to that game. if you want to comment but dont want to wait until that game , it is probably best to wait until another day and then comment. Want to stay as organized as possible.

all comments are of course welcomed and encouraged.

the last game we were discussing was nebraska -14 to wmich but we hardly touched on it.

again ... roll call !

Ill be in and out as well. Im leaving work whenever the All Star game gets over. So Im cheering for it very soon to get over

There are a lot of people viewing. We going to do it tonight or just pick it back up tomorrow? I'll be up until at least 2:00EST tonight so it doesnt matter to me

sure cb and garfather will pop in later too. so should get some good thoughts in here. looking forward to gars take on wyoming since i like them too :)

I have a couple thoughts on the previous games, but I'll stick with the order for now.

You know my feelings for WMU - think they could win this with a couple of breaks.

seems short to me .... i give oregon huge advantages in the trenches. homefield here is huge as well.

obviously the big question mark for oregon is going to be qb. and the big answer for washington is qb.

I would stay far away from the side.

I do think this could be an under the radar under play as both teams lose plenty of offensive firepower. Both teams return their top defensive guys.

Should be a high total given each team's rep last year.

I really like Locker but I dont think he can pull this one off by himself. Like you said VK Oregon homefield is just huge. One of the best IMO. I think Oregon should roll here but I can see Locker keeping it close with his skills. Feet and arm (Yes I like him that much)

Then again, this was a 55-34 game last year. Hopefully they have that in mind and make this a very high total.

I would stay far away from the side.

I do think this could be an under the radar under play as both teams lose plenty of offensive firepower. Both teams return their top defensive guys.

Should be a high total given each team's rep last year.

yup , not a lot of skill players around locker at all. no stewart or dixon for oregon.

If forced to take a side, it would actually be Washington. I'm clueless about Oregon incoming guy and I'm not fond of laying DDs with a new QB.

washington is a team i have pegged as top half in pac 10 for 2009 but i think they are a year away.

i like the 4 seniors on the oregon ol though. think they hurt washington a little bit.

Wyoming wins by 3 TD's. There I said it. A bunch of 260 pound DLineman aren't going to do very well at 7200 feet against a line that's going to average 300 pounds. They averaged over 5 ypc @Ohio last year and it's not going to be any easier for the Bobcats this year. I don't care if Wyoming starts a kicker at QB. The Cowboys ran 47 times last year and they were down most of the game. They take an early lead this year and run it all day. 60+ carries for Moore and Seldon.

Cowboys blow out opening game opponents and this won't be any different.

sorry i just joined :)

I think that line is spot on VK. If it was later in the year I would be all over Oregon but we saw exactly what happened after Dixon went down last year. I know they drilled USF but I'm going to need to see more than 1 game to make me go on them again. I really don't even have a lean on this game. I would like to see a typical Pac 10 O/U of about 60 but I think it will be much lower. I actually think this may be a lower scoring game for the Pac-10. Something along the lines of 27-20 Oregon

IIRC Jeremiah Johnson is an above average RB right. I thought I remember him having some big games in place of Stewart

If forced to take a side, it would actually be Washington. I'm clueless about Oregon incoming guy and I'm not fond of laying DDs with a new QB.

tend to agree , more so for first game than anything else..... maybe a wait and see. not sure i can back an under here .... i realize that oregon lost some talent on offense but they had 39 first downs against washington last year and washington had over 400 yards of offense against oregon last year .... game dynamics would have to change alot to consider an under bet from me.

If this were any other conference these coaches would come out and play extremely conservative with the teams they bring back and try to win it defensively with turnovers. I could certainly see a lot of TOs in this game if both teams try to toss it around all day as both squads return 3/4 in the secondary.

Back