week 1 LVSC opening lines

wow , outside of the deceiving score against ohio state where they were dominated , they really performed well on the road last year. would think that carries over some. ... i mean i realize the travel but can cal be more intimiadting than at notre dame or at wisconsin or at ohiostate ?

Steele seems to be a believer in California though based on where he put them in the PAC-10.

Moderate lean on Mich St. for me, but need to look more into it.

interestingly cal seemed to perform better against spread style teams and not as well against pro set or power teams last year too. if this were to hit 8 i might glance at the spartans

wow , outside of the deceiving score against ohio state where they were dominated , they really performed well on the road last year. would think that carries over some. ... i mean i realize the travel but can cal be more intimiadting than at notre dame or at wisconsin or at ohiostate ?

I don't think so. They should stick around for 4 quarters here.

I am going to need a number here to play virginia ... something over 21 ... but no way in hell i am playing usc.

This is lower than most of the projections that I saw and most are probably liking USC here. That being said, I'm not sure I fully trust Sanchez yet.

No play most likely.

This game will get a ton of discussion leading up to it.

they won 1 road game on the road last year by over 20 points and that was at notre dame. They were preseason consensus numner one last year

To be honest, this line could range anywhere between 14-24 and I probably wouldn't have a lean.

I'm clueless enough here that I am trusting that the linesmakers got it right.

since arkansas to start 06 , they ahvent crushed anyone decent on the road. and that game was way closer than final score showed. defense just got exhausted in second half.

To be honest, this line could range anywhere between 14-24 and I probably wouldn't have a lean.

I'm clueless enough here that I am trusting that the linesmakers got it right.

One thing i am confident about is that this line moves upward , or even opens higher than this. if you like usc bet as quickly as possible. if you like virginia wait until you cross the key number you want or wait until gameday

Virginia is probably much worse than the teams you just mentioned though (with the exception of last year's version of ND).

The trojans are basically returning ten starters ...... and jsut 4 on offense ... virginia is down a little from last year but they arent exactly a team where you go into their house and destroy them either.... this isnt utah st folks.

Obviously USC just reloads, but it will be interesting to see how quickly the newcomers get the hang of things.

Next?

7 games out of 12 in last years regular season as consensus preseason number one where they failed to reach 30 points. just think its ahrd to expect a offense returning 4 starters to go from west coast to east coast and beat a nother power conference team by 3td, with that history.

i am not betting this game ... so will leave it all to you. i suspect it will be the tightest line of week 1

This is another no play for me. Bama was solid against the run LY (3.4 ypc), and they return four of their front seven. That should be enough to contain Clemson explosive RBs with their green OL.

I'll be watching this one closely, though.

This is another no play for me. Bama was solid against the run LY (3.4 ypc), and they return four of their front seven. That should be enough to contain Clemson explosive RBs with their green OL.

I'll be watching this one closely, though.

yup, cant wait to watch it. leave it for the experts and move on ?

I think that both QBs will be called on to do more than they are used to doing in this game.

Bama returns almost all of their OL, but basically no WRs.
Clemson returns nothing on the OL, but everything at WR.

Stay far away.

I think that both QBs will be called on to do more than they are used to doing in this game.

Bama returns almost all of their OL, but basically no WRs.
Clemson returns nothing on the OL, but everything at WR.

Stay far away.

two good qb's here.......i will stay far away. hehe

the good news is that the usc/virg game and the clemson/bama game are going to get some of the most detailed analysis around the net leading up to them. which is just another reason that i think the lines are tighter there.

i ahve strong leans to a highs coring game and to idaho here. idaho offense isnt that bad at all and returns ten starters to that unit.scored 14 at boise , scored 21 at nevada , scored 31 at nmsu , scored 20 at sjsu , , scored 28 at wash st , and even managed 10 at usc last year.

zona returns three starters to defense.

arizona is going to get theirs but i dont think they stop idaho enough times to cover 4td. maybe later in the year , because zona recruits good defensive talent , but not for the opener.

Good point about the primetime games.

(Gulp) I think its Idaho or nothing here.

In terms of returning starters, both teams mirror each other (plenty back on offense, nothing on D), expect that Idaho seems to return more defensive depth. They lose Vobora (Mr. Irrelevant), so their D will suffer.

You wouldn't know by Enderle's INT avalanche LY, but they averaged 21.5 ppg. They will likely try to short the game by running Jackson behind an O-line that is pretty big for a small school.

I think Zona may need 52ish to cover here. They can easily do it, but I won't bet on it to find out.

Good point about the primetime games.

(Gulp) I think its Idaho or nothing here.

In terms of returning starters, both teams mirror each other (plenty back on offense, nothing on D), expect that Idaho seems to return more defensive depth. They lose Vobora (Mr. Irrelevant), so their D will suffer.

You wouldn't know by Enderle's INT avalanche LY, but they averaged 21.5 ppg. They will likely try to short the game by running Jackson behind an O-line that is pretty big for a small school.

I think Zona may need 52ish to cover here. They can easily do it, but I won't bet on it to find out.

yup similar thinking. Hard to find many games over the last 6 or 7 years where zona has won by 29 or more. you make a great point about the idaho oline , which is not only pretty big but very experienced. the zona dline is average size but has more talent of course.

i think i will be on idaho and probably try not to watch it hehe.

i dont think anyone should lay 4 td when a team is replacing 7 of their top 9 tacklers. just my opinion./

I don't have the cajones to bet this game.

i thought you told that chick at the bar they were made of steel ?:36_11_6:

i doubt i play this either. but this utah state team is better than last years version eve though they lose their all everything player in wr robinson.

last five road games last year ....
won at idaho 24-19
won at nmsu 35-17
lost at fresno 27-38
lost at hawaii 37-52
lost at utah 18-34

no offense to my rebels but shit.....

in the game vs rebels last year ....

rebels 234 total yards , utah state 314
rebels 15 fd , utah st 14 fd
utah st minus 1 in turnovers.

i hate trusting good teams to cover spreads like this and there is no way in hell i am trusting unlv. Steele has a lot of connections in vegas and he has had higher than rational expectations for this team not just this year but the last few.

utah state or nothing ... not sure which for me yet

Who will do the scoring now that Kevin Robinson is gone?

No one !! :36_11_6:

utah state cant tackle either. i watch these guys ... call me a masochist but i watched quite a few of their games alst year ... arm tackles , slow , small , uninspired .. worst tackling team i have ever seen.

Back