week 1 LVSC opening lines

New coach for NIU too as Sorthern Illy's Jerry Kill takes the helm.

Just seems like a stretch for NIU to win this one.

Its been fun guys. Hope to continue tommorow. Hell of a night at "work" for me lol

i have little to add about this game right now.

let me knwo when ready to move on or i will wait for more info on this matchup.

I am surprised by everyone's love affair with Stanford. Must be the home doggie who returns more starters that makes that so appealing. I'm just now getting through my Pac 10 reading, and while the front seven being replaced for OSU is a bit concerning, I'm sure they'll end up being fine...a better team than Stanford.

I just can't side with a team like Stanford there in the first game of the year with such a big coaching and talent disadvantage - Riley knows what he's doing and I don't think it'll be any problem outcoaching Harbaugh. OSU had no problem with them last year and I'm just not sure the Cardinal is good enough to beat them in this spot - in an opener.

It seems like Oregon has pretty much owned their rival up north the last few years, and I like this Ducks team...I think their offense will be much stronger than people anticipate. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see another ass kicking from them. Don't see much life out of the Huskies this year. As for the QB situation, well Roper looked good in the bowl last year and they're still predicting Costa as the starter...I'm thinking he has some serious potential.

have the same problem with them that i tend to have with all of the mac teams and thats run defense.

they gave up 208 yards a game last year and average under 250 pounds per starter along their front four.
which does not bode well for a matchup against mccoy

they collapsed in the bowl game in what was one of the worst performances i ahve seen in a long time.

they have a good attack though and could backdoor....... but i dunno

I think Pitt is being a bit overhyped coming into this year. Many people are giving them "best D in the conference" honors when USF, Cincy, and Rutgers all have pretty comparable Ds to Pitt in my opinion. They only return two of five and Bill Stull remains a bit of a mystery.

That being said, I'm kind of surprised this under two TDs. BG was bad against the run this year (4.7 ypc) and now they face McCoy with a DL that tops out at 265?

Kind of a bad match-up for the Falcons.

I am surprised by everyone's love affair with Stanford. Must be the home doggie who returns more starters that makes that so appealing. I'm just now getting through my Pac 10 reading, and while the front seven being replaced for OSU is a bit concerning, I'm sure they'll end up being fine...a better team than Stanford.

I just can't side with a team like Stanford there in the first game of the year with such a big coaching and talent disadvantage - Riley knows what he's doing and I don't think it'll be any problem outcoaching Harbaugh. OSU had no problem with them last year and I'm just not sure the Cardinal is good enough to beat them in this spot - in an opener.

It seems like Oregon has pretty much owned their rival up north the last few years, and I like this Ducks team...I think their offense will be much stronger than people anticipate. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see another ass kicking from them. Don't see much life out of the Huskies this year. As for the QB situation, well Roper looked good in the bowl last year and they're still predicting Costa as the starter...I'm thinking he has some serious potential.

i am a big riley guy too..... but dont you think there will be a big lack of cohesiveness to that defense in game 1 ?

I think Pitt is being a bit overhyped coming into this year. Many people are giving them "best D in the conference" honors when USF, Cincy, and Rutgers all have pretty comparable Ds to Pitt in my opinion. They only return two of five and Bill Stull remains a bit of a mystery.

That being said, I'm kind of surprised this under two TDs. BG was bad against the run this year (4.7 ypc) and now they face McCoy with a DL that tops out at 265?

Kind of a bad match-up for the Falcons.

Agree with the entire post ... though i when i say they are being overhyped , i still say they are pretty good. The recruiting classes wanny has brought in are phenomenal.

You know me, I love basically every MAC team coming into the year. This doesn't strike me as a great spot for BG though.

I won't be on Pitt either as they averaged only 23 ppg last year and will have to prove some consistency under Stull before I lay big spreads with them.

I'd say Pitt will be on a different level than BG. Don't get me wrong, that cute little shit they do in the MAC works in the MAC, but I think with a more physical team like Pitt it will be tough to do much. Should be running room all day for McCoy. Two teams I haven't researched yet though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Hey VK, I don't know if the time is the same, but Cheap Seats is doing the 1991 Rose Bowl (Iowa/Washington) if you really need a fix.

This spread seems a point or two high to me, particularly with the Florida losing several safeties over the past couple of weeks.

I'd say Pitt will be on a different level than BG. Don't get me wrong, that cute little shit they do in the MAC works in the MAC, but I think with a more physical team like Pitt it will be tough to do much. Should be running room all day for McCoy. Two teams I haven't researched yet though, so take that with a grain of salt.

yup i think the physicality is what we all see as the matchup problem.

not sure i want to back hawaii traveling from the pacific ocean and across the entire country to play in one of the toughest envirnments in football though.

georgia was -7.5 in the bowl game ... and they matched up better against hawaii ... and i think people are giving brennan and bess a little too much credit here.

also there is a major motivation angle to this game. as hawaii was embarrassed in that game.

i also think that meyer made some disparaging comments about brennan last year which the hawaii program might have taken offense too.

i personally will probably stay away from this game ... too many people who are good like the florida side .. but i dont see the value.

btw those safety injuries you were talking about are important for this particular matchup.

hawaii is down from last year but not by as much as people are saying.. that is all i am saying.... and for as bad as hawaii played they did have over 300 yds passing and actually had one more fd than georgia did. they were -5 in turnovers in that game.

if i thought florida was going to cover i would just play the TT because i dont see why hawaii doesnt score.

me too.

not sure how i missed betting ecu last year .... i must have been caught up in the vt tragedy and thought it might be atmosphere cover there.

i have vt power rated lower than almost any of the previews i have seen. Everyone gets on glennon but tyrod taylor was a nightmare player last year. sickly bad. maybe he has promise but he didnt show me much.

replacing ore is not easy , they have a ton of defensive replacements ,.... yes talented ones ... but still ....... and after watching what beamer did in the bowl game last year , i am not even sure this guy is as good of a coach as i used to think.

night everyone. think we ahve a good thread going for this far in advance ... just glossing over the games with general views without getting too dteailed but i think it has gone well so far. will be back tomorrow.

LOL, by the time I get caught up again you all go to sleep. Just my luck.

Lots to say, but I will save most of it and probably put it in other threads as the summer goes on if I don't get it in this thread in the next few days.

Back