US Open Thread

oh boy Tsonga in same bracket with Djoker.
Agree about Raonic this is fucking great, I think he can win his bracket

Serena is auto finalist, what a joke of a draw lol
Genie should make quarters but don't know how that hammy is holding up

Julien Benneteau -175
Andreas Seppi -185
Youzhny/Kyrgios Over 41 Games (-118)
Haase/Murray Over 29 Games (-118)
Juan Monaco +2.5 Sets (+135)
Andreas Beck -155
James McGee +130
Benjamin Becker -165
Michael Llodra +130

Jana Cepelova -145
Alla Kudryavtseva -135
Karin Knapp -185

What is up tennis brothers! Best time of the year right now. Lets get the cake!

Wish I had posted my qualifying plays -- did quite well. Went on a little vacation to Banff over the past week, just got home today. Francois Abanda is $$$$$$$.

I've began my capping for the Open and agree that Raonic has a beautiful draw. Nishikori has already said he probably wont win his 1st round match making Raonic's draw even that much softer. Hope the kid can keep his cool and collect some points and some $ with a QF finish at worst!

Gotta hope to cash some large dogs this week! Best of luck everyone, lets goooooo

Day 1:

WTA
A. Radwanska -8.5 (+177)
-Fichman should be outclassed in this one in every aspect of the game. If she can win 4 games I'll pay $50 to see it.

Ying Ying Duan ML (+113)
- She is 0-1 this season against Kudryavtseva but beat tougher opponents in qualifying matches. Also did well in some asian qualifiers pre-US Open. Playing with confidence at the moment I think she is worthy of a wager of $50.

thats all for now...gonna watch some mens matches tomorrow and chip away at tuesday/wednesdays card as I ease into the tournament.

good luck with any capping you do this evening and best of luck in the AM

Day 2:

ATP

Rubin ML (+270)
-wait till you see this kid play. His opponent is much higher ranked but hard court is not his speciality, clay court is. Good opportunity for Rubin to make some noise in a very weak spot in the lower half of the draw. I'll be cheering for the young, up and coming american. $50 on Rubin at the moment, likely to add more.

Odesnik ML (+364)
-Nishikori fresh off a cyst removal on his big toe. Has not played a match since so hard to say where he is at. Keeping it small on him for $35 at the moment, but Nishikori has stated that his fitness is down and if the pain comes back he will retire. My book offers action on all matches that go past 1 full set. Hopefully Odesnik can win 1 of the 3 sets and come away with a Nishikori retirement (and subsequent victory).

Last edited:
GL to you too king, great to have a discussion going throughout.
such a great sport and a great tournament, love it under the lights. some players just shine under the lights.
I think this tourney is Serena's to lose, really weak women's draw as pretty much all other women are very likely to destroy but also get destroyed.

king,
was looking at Duan, had her to qualify and glad she did. She will be a very tough cookie.
China been bring up a lot of players lately.

Yes sir. Should be a tight match either way. I prefer the womens matches cause in reality mens is a completely different game best of 5 vs. best of 3...womens stays best of 3 which they always play.

Capping mens you have to be weary of that. I like my boy Noah Rubin, who crushed some 5 set tournaments earlier this season at +270 on tuesday morning. Just waiting to see if I can get a 1st set price as well.

What is up tennis brothers! Best time of the year right now. Lets get the cake!

Wish I had posted my qualifying plays -- did quite well. Went on a little vacation to Banff over the past week, just got home today. Francois Abanda is $$$$$$$.

I've began my capping for the Open and agree that Raonic has a beautiful draw. Nishikori has already said he probably wont win his 1st round match making Raonic's draw even that much softer. Hope the kid can keep his cool and collect some points and some $ with a QF finish at worst!

Gotta hope to cash some large dogs this week! Best of luck everyone, lets goooooo

Day 1:

WTA
A. Radwanska -8.5 (+177)
-Fichman should be outclassed in this one in every aspect of the game. If she can win 4 games I'll pay $50 to see it.

Ying Ying Duan ML (+113)
- She is 0-1 this season against Kudryavtseva but beat tougher opponents in qualifying matches. Also did well in some asian qualifiers pre-US Open. Playing with confidence at the moment I think she is worthy of a wager of $50.

thats all for now...gonna watch some mens matches tomorrow and chip away at tuesday/wednesdays card as I ease into the tournament.

good luck with any capping you do this evening and best of luck in the AM

Day 2:

ATP

Rubin ML (+270)
-wait till you see this kid play. His opponent is much higher ranked but hard court is not his speciality, clay court is. Good opportunity for Rubin to make some noise in a very weak spot in the lower half of the draw. I'll be cheering for the young, up and coming american. $50 on Rubin at the moment, likely to add more.

Odesnik ML (+364)
-Nishikori fresh off a cyst removal on his big toe. Has not played a match since so hard to say where he is at. Keeping it small on him for $35 at the moment, but Nishikori has stated that his fitness is down and if the pain comes back he will retire. My book offers action on all matches that go past 1 full set. Hopefully Odesnik can win 1 of the 3 sets and come away with a Nishikori retirement (and subsequent victory).

One of my locals offers tennis at "1 ball served" for match to be official. I Tailed your Odesnik play in hopes of retirement. That said, if anyone has other big favs playing injured or with possibility of retirement, please share :-)

One of my locals offers tennis at "1 ball served" for match to be official. I Tailed your Odesnik play in hopes of retirement. That said, if anyone has other big favs playing injured or with possibility of retirement, please share :-)

I do wish my book offered that but I think Nishi will fight through 1 set, just not sure if he goes 3 or 4 or 5.

1-0 +88.50 so far

Duan let me down.... cannot believe Bachinger won in straights over Stepanek.

1-1 (+38.50) with two plays for tomorrow pending:

Rubin ML (+270)
Odesnik ML (+364)

Anyone see any matches where the winner did not play very well but rather their opponent just played like absolute shit?

bit of a homer play on Raonic but I like it nonetheless...been running each play for $50 so far on day 1...don't want to dig myself a hole to climb out of on day 1.

Raonic -9.5 (+186)

Does anybody know if there is a book in Vegas that will accept round 1 action? Been to several and failed and don't really wanna go to the strip to Harrahs/MGM properties unless they actually take bets :/ Thanks!

Ive actually called before Dwight. LVH said they do offer Grand Slam tournaments thats it. I think the M also does. But I am not 100%

Back