Tuesday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 2 Tue 2024

Last edited:
it hard not to love the prices on the reds and tigers again. really no freaking clue why mets favs with this teams track record of mediocrity? and philly has turned blowing early season games into a art form. i don't even think it debatable which teams have the more talented starters going, maybe young and unproven but talent wise it not even close! i love when i can find plus money on games i think are coin flips, i actually think both these dogs have better than 50% chances to win these games! give me the young hungry teams who gaining confidence with every win

i'd like to see twins line shit a little more milw way, personally i think it backwards already, id make twins small favs here not other way around, ill happily take them even money but if i can get plus anything ill take it! even tho both pitchers have some type of question coming into the year Varland has significantly more upside imo. he has gotten blown up his last few spring starts but i don't take much from those as we never know what the main focus of a guy was, those games are played to help prepare for the season not necessarily meant to pitch a great game. regardless if we want to play that game Junis spring wasn't any better. end the day Varland is much younger and i think has a much greater chance of success this season.

As many pitchers do when they go to the giants pretty much all Junis numbers improved as giants staff has the magic touch on how to get the best out of guys! that said they didn't even trust him to be a starter last year, instead they would start a reliever and after a inning or 2 they would bring Junis in usually going 3-4 innings at the most. i'm pretty sure they did this cause they had him throwing his slider a insane amount of the time, it a solid pitch but if guys get several cracks at him the results won't be good, he also struggles vs lefties and his career ops against jumps every time a batter sees him so giants made sure the front/middle parts of lineups only got one crack at him. i don't think milw has that luxury, with the state their staff they gonna need him to give them 5+ innings, the pen won't be able to handle this guy making 3 inning starts! If all that isn't damning enough the twins have 4 guys that have taken 10+ at bats off junis, those 4 combined hit a collective .435 with 11 extra base hits, 6 walks and only 5 k's in 62 at bats!! in other words they rake!! kepler is one of those 4 and he hasn't played since opening day. def be good to have him back as he has taken the most at bats of the group and of course is a lefty and we want as many of those as possible in the lineup.

if you don't like Varland nothing wrong with the over, i'd play the 1st 5 opposed to game as these 2 the better pens in the league. odds of scoring 9 for game if they don't have 5+ after 5 innings isn't great imo. i like the twins ff -.5 as i prefer the +124 to -110, i don't expect we talking bout a 1-0 or 2-1 kind of game after 5. i don't rhink junis makes it 5 inning's. if junis holds these guys to less than 3 runs thru 5 innings i'll tip my cap. matter fact twins ff tt iv 2.5 pays +130 so for me that the best value on the board, i i've said i like Varland but how he comes out looking could go any number of ways, i think i prefer just playing twins bats vs junis and getting +130 to do so!!!

Not sure how many of these games are going to get finished given the weather. If you are going to only charge me -140 to fade the A’s, I’m going to take that every time.

5 errors yesterday, they ain't scored 5 runs in a game yet! lol

i really like Bello also, i'd think he shut a's down but last year i remember he was in middle a stretch he was pitching fantastic and i was cashing his outs or k prop every start, then he goes to oakland and got shelled!! i dunno wtf happened there? outlier or were the a's seeing his pitches really well?? i really thought a's might be a good play on team this year, thought some the young bats showed improvement last year, i've heard they have some solid young arms on the way, thought the vet pitchers they added might help (or they just collecting a check!). maybe that still happens but at the moment they certainly look like the same stir fried shit as last year! i'm not fucking w them again till they show me something positive!! you prob have the right idea fading them. im
interested in bello props tonight as i think that ugly outing last year was prob just a fluke.

5 errors yesterday, they ain't scored 5 runs in a game yet! lol

i really like Bello also, i'd think he shut a's down but last year i remember he was in middle a stretch he was pitching fantastic and i was cashing his outs or k prop every start, then he goes to oakland and got shelled!! i dunno wtf happened there? outlier or were the a's seeing his pitches really well?? i really thought a's might be a good play on team this year, thought some the young bats showed improvement last year, i've heard they have some solid young arms on the way, thought the vet pitchers they added might help (or they just collecting a check!). maybe that still happens but at the moment they certainly look like the same stir fried shit as last year! i'm not fucking w them again till they show me something positive!! you prob have the right idea fading them. im
interested in bello props tonight as i think that ugly outing last year was prob just a fluke.

Don’t think the OUTS were ever good with Bello and McKenzie. Dudes always shit the bed or maybe just when I’m on them! Missed McKenzie yesterday but his 2nd inning cost the game bet. Bum!

Don’t think the OUTS were ever good with Bello and McKenzie. Dudes always shit the bed or maybe just when I’m on them! Missed McKenzie yesterday but his 2nd inning cost the game bet. Bum!

bello was great for me last year, cept this game in oakland! lol

it just like being a closer or cornerback or qb after a int. gotta have a short memory baby! i do so many drugs i forget most them by the next day! lol

Dodgers team total. Has that lost yet? Want to play Gallen at home, but don’t want to go against the Yanks.

Dodgers team total. Has that lost yet? Want to play Gallen at home, but don’t want to go against the Yanks.

the way i see it ya have to play gallen at home at that price, it just good business! plus i never been w huge cortez fan, granted he has gotten me plenty but i get him back tonight! gonna prob be on walker and gurrial h/r/rbi props also. fuck corte! lol

i can't believe these mfers got ohtani and only paying him minimum wage or some shit. don't get me wrong im
gonna smash their props and team totals all year but i fucking hate this team, i just pray they continue finding ways to choke in playoffs! god i love that!! im a lot less optimistic this year tho, past years i been screaming they wouldn't win it all, im more bout being right than being hater tho, just like i don't give idiot fan boy answers bout cardinals. sadly i dont really see the same choking dogs ive called dodgers last 10+ years. the only thing that can stop them is someone finds some proof ohtani a degenerate gambler! thar be awesome! lol

om kinda surprised it seems like lot of love for milw. not just rando idiots but seen few guys i respect around here on them. i'd love to hear what ya'll see, i love hearing opposing opinions!

the way i see it ya have to play gallen at home at that price, it just good business! plus i never been w huge cortez fan, granted he has gotten me plenty but i get him back tonight! gonna prob be on walker and gurrial h/r/rbi props also. fuck corte! lol

I’m going to try to not play against 3+ win streaks and on 3+ loser streaks.

Makes Tigers again a great play!

Could also go first 5 with Gallen,

yea i have that at end a parlay i hope gets there! if not i'll have to go bet it again lol., i gotta go back across river anyways, i had gallen k's and outs wrote down then when i get to illinois and open app all the pros were gone for that game! pitcher and hitter, really pissed me off, i stayed awhile but i had to get back home to the wife and they never came back up while i was there, havnt looked since i got back home, mfers prob popped back up 5 min after i left!! i have a few snakes hitters i want to play also so im going back just had to get home to get theresa her meds and help her get to bathroom, she had chemo this past week so she pretty weak.

I’m going to try to not play against 3+ win streaks and on 3+ loser streaks.

Makes Tigers again a great play!

i don't hate idea just think 3 a bit early, that just one series, i think i'd make the number 5 or 6, at least one time thru the rotation and couple different teams

i had planned to play bello ov 16.5 outs but when i got to illinios the damn thing had went to 17.5.. i thought bout it anyways, if this was his 4th start i woulda had no problem w it. he threw 84 pitches his 1st start i believe. i assume they let him get into the 90s, not sure if they be willing to leave him out there to finish a inning if he gets up to 100? he shouldn't need 100 pitches to go 6 vs a's but i do think oak gonna hit a tad better this year and they just got shut out, then of course he had that odd ball start in oak last year where he was crap, could be he doesn't like empty stadiums, lol. anyways i missed the better number so just passed

jfc all the guys who have hit junis just struck out, well kepler got a hit then the others went down like clowns. i wonder if that smoke floating around is bothering them? these morons shoot fireworks off inside dome before game? surely there a ventilation system? it looks smokey in there. freaking dumb asses

freaking twins had junis on ropes 2nd time thru order and let him off, apparently milw knows him well enough they yanked him before he saw the top order a 3rd time in 5th, im sure we get those 2 runs he stays in. still not sure bout all that smoke in the stadium for 2 innings?!?? it had to effect twins cause i can't imagine any other world where they would all strike out vs junis the 1st 2 innings! had they simply got a few base runners to turn lineup over sooner they get the runs easy imo, whatever can't win them all.

i skipped lot of stuff tonight cause of rain concerns. rest my card:

gallon ov 5.5 k'a
gallen ov 16.5 outs
snakes ff -.5
snakes ml
walker ov 1.5 h/r/rbu
gueriel ov 1.5 h/r/rbi

mikolas ov 17.5 outs
arenado ov 1.5 h/t/rbi
cards ml

biebs ov 6.5 k's

gl everyone

Reactions: KJ
this kid Crochet is starting to look like the real deal! i didn't think much of it when he shut down tigers putrid offense but now he mowing down the braves!! not that they a tough team to strike out but they a really tough team to pitch 6 scoreless against!! watch out for this kid going forward!!

already cashed walker ov 1.5 h/r/rbi!
snakes ff looking solid.

i really need galllen ro settle in and have a couple efficient innings. a few more k's be nice also!!

that's what in taking bout Gallen punch out soto and judge b2b! took way to many pitches to put judge away after getting him in 0-2 hole, made that punch out huge, had judge reached base after that long at bat it would really killed Gallen pitch count that ain't great as is. anyways he punched the big clown out so all good?

what is it with bello pitching like shit in oakland? at least i snuffed it out this ryear! i shoulda known a's would win the 1st 5 today since they cost me a huge parlay yesterday!!

Rainy days in NY.

Miffed we didn't get to see Mize return tonight.

Tomorrow could be an issue with weather as well.

Back