Tranfers and Rumours Thread

James Rodriguez to Bayern Munich. 10M euro loan, with a 35.9M euro buy out in 2019. WTF, that's about half what the reports were it would cost United to get him. Seems like a particularly good bargain to me.

Douglas Costa moves from Bayern to Juve. I'm reading a 6M euro loan with 40M euro buy out. I do love me Costa and he should do well in Italy. I think it was a mistake for BM to let him go as the players he is usually stuck behind are older and injury prone, but truth be told, Bayern so fucking stacked, probably doesn't make much difference.

As Dylan said, James move to Bayern is confirmed

Inter sign Borja Valero

Man U still interested in Perisic

Juventus interested in Can

Barca will make a final 25 million euro bid for Paulinho

Fabinho on his way to Atletico

Roma have inquired about a Martial loan

Tottenham linked to Kovacic

Everton considering Benteke

Arsene Wenger says Alexis is not going anywhere

This Sanchez/Arsenal thing reminds me of Fabregas years back , I think he is a goner but late in the window

Van Persie you mean? Fabregas acted like a snake and feigned a injury and forced his exit so we had to sell him way cheaper than he should have been at the time.

Yeah I'm thinking the same, before that Arsene probably is going to buy some players in case Sanchez really wants to leave and the offer is too good to pass up. I've read they wouldn't consider anything less than £90m. Seems crazy but the market is crazy and that would ensure Sanchez to the club who splash the money, instead of waiting until next year when the competition would be fierce to get him without transfer fee to pay.

But Wenger said this morning in Australia that Sanchez would stay for his final year, so let's wait and see

Bonnuci has agreed to personal terms with AC Milan, Juventus has 72 hours to also agree

Bakayako to Chelsea should be official by Friday

Dortmund interested in Giroud

Roma interested in Mahrez

West Ham want Joe Hart

Inter Milan says Perisic is not joining Man U

Liverpool has made a 25 million pound offer for Angel Correa

Anthony Modeste is official to China (Bundesliga leading goal scorer last year I think)

PSG interested in Mangala

record fee for a defender wow

Good that Spurs stayed with the price they wanted but these transfer fees in England are getting really crazy (I've read Sigurdsson can move but for £50m lol), but that's still selling one of your key defenders to a rival who can address a position they badly need. But if Spurs have a good backup solution already I guess that's good

It's a bunch to pay for Walker, but look at what the difference was last season. Assume Mendy comes too which is pretty much done

What's a bad price for defense? That shit City put out there was the difference between winning and losing a lot of matches.

Who know how it works out but it had to change and at a price. Spurs obviously did well, they're loaded

My issue with walker is pre Pochettino he was a shit defender, and players who have left poch haven't fared well. Plus hes always had a DM and also 2 of the best cb's in england to cover for hjm

Pereira has been mentioned and his buyout is like 22m

Couldn't this deal for Walker set a bad precedent for SPurs? Imean if I'm a player for Spurs and I see someone like walker getting that kind of transfer deal I'm starting to wonder what my value is. Could set up an unhappy locker room unless SPurs are willing to comitt a lot more money for wages

The wages have already gone up I think the wage cap thing is kind of overplayed now
Bale was getting like 140k per week before he left and I think Kane and Lloris are on the same now

The one issue I guess is the difference united and city will give unproven players. Like Dier is on 70k and that's probly his worth now, but united could double it

So I guess it could cause an effect, but all the key players are basically getting new deals every year with a raise, and then with the new income from higher attendance they will be able to raise it even more going forward

Also walker isn't like bale or Modric whom they badly wanted to keep

Poch was playing trippier ahead of him late last year and all the stories coming out were walker wanting more guarantees on his role

Levy has told the supporters trust at their annual meetings they won't sell anyone that poch wants to keep, so I'm not worried
They haven't really regretted anyone that has left the last few years since he came

So I don't see it being an issue unless they finish outside top 4 for 2 straight years, if it's this year they still have excitement of new stadium next summer which buys a grace period

I've read Walker on a reported 130'000£ a week at Man City

Bakayoko should sign very soon at Chelsea

Man City might be close to agree a fee for Mendy

Jake Gallagher‏ @MatchoftheDave
If Man City wrap up the signings of Walker (£50m) and Mendy (£40m), that'll be £267.6m spent on defenders and keepers alone since 2014/15.

Looks like Joe Hart loan move to West Ham

Strange that they don't get rid of him permanently? Maybe no other club is ready to pay his full wages so City will continue to pay part of them, and Hart wants to keep his current salary I guess

I watched a lot of Serie A last year for betting purposes (BeIn Sports App!!!!!), and Hart looked awful. There were a couple of months where Torino was an over-fest, letting in 2-3 goals per game. And it wasn't the defense, he was having trouble with grass cutters from 20+ yards out.

Citeh have so much dead weight salary-wise, I don't blame any club taking one of their players on loan from insisting that they pay a portion of it.

AC Milan interested Modric

Barcelona prepared to bid 30 million euros for Paulinho

Juventus interested in Manolas

Mourinho wants Varane

Tottenham interested in Suso

Juventus has rejected an 100 million euro bid from Chelsea for Higaun

Ashley Cole might be on his way to Birmingham

It is believed Bakayako may have failed his Chelsea medical and is now staying in Monaco

Not a problem of failing his medical for Bakayoko, he signed yesterday so it's clear between Chelsea and Monaco, but problems of agents/intermediaries fee have emerged so the Bakayoko camp has to sort this out. Should be official today, the french guy who broke the Pogba to Man Utd transfer last year said. I could redirect a Chelsea fan to the source but I don't think we have Chelsea fans here anyways so let's wait when it is announced.

I've read AS Roma may be interested in Mahrez

Kaveh Solhekol‏ @SkyKaveh
Liverpool to make new bid for Naby Keita. Bid worth more than £57m already rejected by RB Leipzig. Keita wants Liverpool. Inter interested

Looks like Liverpool are insisting for Keita, but I'm curious why there are not plenty of clubs for him he would be a great addition for quite a few top clubs. Maybe they know Leipzig will not sell this summer and want to keep him at the very least one more year

I guess it's funny because Leicester can be had (in theory) because they're new to the stage? 20m for Mahrez has to be a joke even after a shit season

I understand starting with a "low" bid but that's a bit ridiculous here with average players sold much higher than that left and right in today's market. AS Roma perhaps thought there is no competition for this guy and he wants to leave so fuck it let's try!

Seems Sanchez would like to leave but he won't say it officially, for now at least.

I think Wenger has to keep him at all costs and forbid him to leave for City this summer, can't allow that. Keep him even if he's unhappy to be forced to stay at first, and then after the season starts Sanchez will realize it's in his best interests to sign a new contract like Liverpool did with Suarez, because after all I don't think he will be happy to stay at 140/150K£ for another season while he could sign a new contract and double it instantly.

Of course he could go public and announce he wants to leave this summer, but I think he respects Wenger and will not make Arsenal dirty before leaving.

DEzEpHRXUAAY4cF.png:large

It will likely be a final week move. He doesn't want to be there, and Arsenal don't want to be "that guy" that forces someone to stay.

Can't allow that to happen anymore if we want to be a big club. Let him sulk a few weeks if it's needed, then money will talk and he will sign just like Suarez agreed to stay one more season at higher wages and allowed Liverpool to get a big fee the next summer, everyone was happy. If needed, just buy Sanchez a 3rd dog and he will be over the moon. Read this https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/5fbqrf/emi_martinez_confirms_alexis_is_obsessed_with_dogs/ to understand how Sanchez is obsessed with his dogs. Anyway, you're right it will probably go to the wire, but I made up my mind, can't allow to let him go to a rival, let's see how Wenger will deal with this

Cannot sell your best player to a rival after the season they (Arse) just had. And you can't let him go last week of the window unless you have a replacement lined up. May be why they are pushing so hard for Lemar. If Lemar is signed I would not be surprised to see Sanchez out.

That being said, I say make him see out his contract. No way he doesn't sign a new one during the year a
la Suarez, as gunner said above, no one gives up an extra 400,000 quid a month on "principal" or to pout about not getting what you want. And if he leaves after getting us back into the UCL and a shot at the title, I'll take it. He's not the type to sit out or be a malcontent anymore than he already is for our club, he always plays his ass off

Agree with your points. Wenger and the club should tell Sanchez and other clubs interested in him that he is not for sale this summer, a bid for him would not even get an answer so Sanchez would maybe accept it and not agitate for a move. Then like you said I don't think he would leave that much money on the table at almost 29 years old. Let's say he really has ambitions to win the Champions League and it's not just about money, let's insert a clause that he could leave next year for a CL club for a certain big sum of money. Valid only if Arsenal is not in the top 4. That's not really how a big club would operate, but that would show good faith to the player and ensure that Sanchez stays at least one more year to help us get back in the top 4. If Arsenal don't achieve that, they could sell him and replace him the best they can with the money received from the Sanchez sale next year.
Seems like it would be a good deal for all parties involved, what do you guys think?

This is bad for Arsenal if true, what player would sign with them down the road if they need such power? Yeah, enjoy your control over Sanchez, doubt you're gonna get much else down the road...no one would act like this. And I don't even really want him at City, but if you're a great player, why would you go to Arsenal at this point? He's being used now, this won't turn out well.

Just my 2 cents worth. IMO Lloris is the best keeper on the planet. Walker was one of the reasons. Yes he loved to move up, but he was always back as he should have been. Makes no make sense to move him to a rival club no matter how much.

They dont need the money, so what did he do to choke Poch?

Whats wrong with making someone honor their contract that they signed for millions? Honestly, if you're Citeh do you even need him? Scoring wasn't the problem, defense was. He was our best player by far, but with the way he gives the ball away he ain't helping that.

Plub I heard towards the end of the season he was complaining about playing time and poch favored trippier. Not sure if it's true, but even so, 50 million is a ton.

This is bad for Arsenal if true, what player would sign with them down the road if they need such power? Yeah, enjoy your control over Sanchez, doubt you're gonna get much else down the road...no one would act like this. And I don't even really want him at City, but if you're a great player, why would you go to Arsenal at this point? He's being used now, this won't turn out well.

No it's just a possible scenario I came up with. But you know it's exactly what Liverpool did with Suarez a few years ago before agreeing to let him go to Barca the next summer, so we know other clubs act like this contrary to what you just said. Is Liverpool a small club? No. They just did what they had to do to keep him another year. It's just that letting leave Sanchez this summer would give a really bad signal that Arsenal is back to being a seller of their best players. Have to avoid that at all costs now

I see it just the opposite, he doesn't want to be there and isn't so great it's worth the headache. Be gone and figure out how to sell as high as possible at this point.

Whats wrong with making someone honor their contract that they signed for millions? Honestly, if you're Citeh do you even need him? Scoring wasn't the problem, defense was. He was our best player by far, but with the way he gives the ball away he ain't helping that.

Yeah I'd be ok letting him go abroad for example. Replace with Lemar. But transferring him to a rival would be bad...

I see it just the opposite, he doesn't want to be there and isn't so great it's worth the headache. Be gone and figure out how to sell as high as possible at this point.

Of course you would see it differently as a Man City fan =) The big problem is selling to a rival. Because Bayern turned to James instead, there might just be PSG as a possible destination abroad for Sanchez.

But Liverpool managed to keep Suarez one more year and challenge for the title, he had a big increase in salary for that year, and Liverpool got a big fee from Barca the next year. Everyone was happy and left in good terms.

PSG seem an ideal landing spot with Bayern out, do realize I never really thought City was the end game. It really didn't make sense to me anyway.

Of course you would see it differently as a Man City fan =) The big problem is selling to a rival. Because Bayern turned to James instead, there might just be PSG as a possible destination abroad for Sanchez.

But Liverpool managed to keep Suarez one more year and challenge for the title, he had a big increase in salary for that year, and Liverpool got a big fee from Barca the next year. Everyone was happy and left in good terms.

Sanchez is out of contract though

PSG seem an ideal landing spot with Bayern out, do realize I never really thought City was the end game. It really didn't make sense to me anyway.

Yes. I understand your point of view that keeping an unhappy player is not a good solution and I agree with that, it's just that Arsenal can't accept to sell their best player to a rival. Not for £50m

Sanchez is out of contract though

Next year. I'm just willing to bet Sanchez would not leave that much money on the table. By not signing a contract this summer with Arsenal, he would earn 150k a week for the next year instead of 300k that he could sign now. I don't think the 400k a week is true.

Suarez did just that, they convinced him to stay by signing a bigger contract and they allowed him to leave one year later and Liverpool still managed to get a big fee from Barca.

Tottenham did just that with Gareth Bale by signing him to a new contract and letting him to Real one year later.

Plenty of big clubs using this mechanism and it's a win-win for the club and the player

I've just been reading Pochettino has reportedly made Barkley a priority? Is this true Spurs fans? One year left so it seems definitely doable. And Ricardo Pereira to replace Walker.

And Everton might be interested in Walcott. Let's hope it's true it's time that we part ways with him, would be beneficial for him and Arsenal as he wouldn't be as useful in our 3-4-3

Back