Tranfers and Rumours Thread

How he handled costa was insane

Italian managers a history of leaving jobs quickly too. Wouldn't be a huge shock.

Yes that Conte to Costa text was insane and stupid not to mention disrespectful, the obvious destination for him is Atletico but they can't buy him now so interesting to see how the situation at Chelsea will develop.

Donnarumma/Raiola apparently won't renew at AC Milan, let's see if it's a tactic to get a bigger contract or if he really wants to leave, I've read Real Madrid and PSG may be interested and probably other big clubs.

It seems like Mbappe met with Monaco yesterday, so we should know soon if he wants to stay another year or leave this summer.

Yeah I think the best move for him is to leave this summer as well, Monaco probably won't be able to do as good as what they did last season with all the departures, won the french league already and he would develop better by going in a better league in a team he could play as much as possible. That's why Real Madrid might be a year or 2 early for him, as I think playing time is the most important for him and his development at this stage. But the lure of Real Madrid might be too hard to resist..

It's no secret that Wenger wanted and still wants Mbappe, he almost got him last summer for 500'000£ but he wanted to stay at Monaco. Wenger is still a big fan and it appears that he may be ready to splash the cash to get him. If Wenger strikes out, I've read Lacazette could be the plan B and Arsenal may be very interested in Lemar (I've read it might be between Arsenal and Tottenham for Lemar, not sure if true we will see).

Kolasinac already in and a very good addition, but big summer for Arsenal with the cases of Sanchez and Ozil to sort out. Sanchez linked with interests from Man City, Chelsea and Bayern. Bayern the most likely destination if he doesn't want to renew and they decide to sell him. I haven't read any speculations and possible destinations for Ozil. If Wenger finally get his star striker they might both decide to stay, if not maybe just Ozil. Crucial summer for Arsenal.

Pickford for 30m seems high

Klassen signing too

Wonder if it's pre spending Lukaku money

Agreed that both these seem very high to me, although far be it from me to be expert on these. Ajax really got picked apart losing Moreno and Klassen here.

I was quite shocked that Donnaruma is intent on leaving his childhood team. He is still a fucking child ffs at 18 years old. Turned down 80K/week salary. Sure a bigger club will probably come calling, but seems petulant to act this way at 18. Italy is kinda fucked with their economy though. Stands are always empty, big money is going to be hard pressed to continue owning these teams if they are operating at losses. And lets face it, no one is catching Juventus for the foreseable future as they have a strong team and always seem to do good business. Inter and Milan have been non consequential the past 5 years or so and that really puts a strain on the league. Juve, Napoli and Roma are about it there. Serie A quickly downward spiraling into a Ligue 1, Eredeivise type league where the stars get plucked off to England, Spain and Germany now.

Yep, crazy. A lot of places that have decent reputations saying they have a source too

United and PSG seem to be only 2 that could pay the fee

Also might explain why Morata hasn't been sold yet when everywhere was saying that would be done earlier this week

Strange that Ronaldo would want to leave the current best team in the world, this announced just a few days after his tax problems have been made public. He just got a new contract last November as well. Could it be a way to force Real Madrid to make him happy and pay for his tax case?

Apparently Verratti would like to go to Barca. I have read that Barca suggested he tells PSG he would only go there so the fee would be lowered somewhat just like they did with Fabregas... He would be great with Barca but not sure they let him leave like that.

It's no secret that Wenger wanted and still wants Mbappe, he almost got him last summer for 500'000£ but he wanted to stay at Monaco. Wenger is still a big fan and it appears that he may be ready to splash the cash to get him. If Wenger strikes out, I've read Lacazette could be the plan B and Arsenal may be very interested in Lemar (I've read it might be between Arsenal and Tottenham for Lemar, not sure if true we will see).

Kolasinac already in and a very good addition, but big summer for Arsenal with the cases of Sanchez and Ozil to sort out. Sanchez linked with interests from Man City, Chelsea and Bayern. Bayern the most likely destination if he doesn't want to renew and they decide to sell him. I haven't read any speculations and possible destinations for Ozil. If Wenger finally get his star striker they might both decide to stay, if not maybe just Ozil. Crucial summer for Arsenal.

500k?

there were rumors Man City were trying to get him for 40m

I think the Ronaldo thing could also just be a way for people to talk about this and not the taxes

Messi rumors popped up when his tax issues did

500k?

there were rumors Man City were trying to get him for 40m

Mbappe signed last year his first pro contract with Monaco. Before that Wenger went to his house speak with him and his parents to convince him to sign with Arsenal instead. He would have been out of contract but for a club to sign him they would have had to pay a compensation to Monaco, I've read 500k£ but maybe was even lower than that, anyway it was next to nothing compared to what he will cost now.

As for Sanchez, if he doesn't extend before the end of this window I could see him let go to Bayern, but tough to imagine Wenger letting him go to an english rival.

I think the Ronaldo thing could also just be a way for people to talk about this and not the taxes

Messi rumors popped up when his tax issues did

yeah, but there does seem more to this when you have legitimate outlets like BBC and Sky writing about it

Ronaldo has a billion dollar release clause in his contract.
There is NFW any club is paying that (I can't even see these crazy Chinese clubs agreeing to that)

Salah to Liverpool seems to have been confirmed. His first stint in the EPL was quite uneventful. I'm not sure this is a move Liverpool needed, but it could lessen the blow if they lose Coutinho and/or Sturridge who's futures at Anfield seem a bit iffy at present. Seems like the move will cost 35M pounds so not outrageous as he's still just 25. Van Dijk move seems inevitable too, but I haven't read it finalized of yet. That move seemed a lot more in line with what Liverpool needed to do this off season.

ManUnited appears to be shopping around Smalling who is still a quite serviceable CB but I suppose his time at OT has come to an end. Would be a shame to lose him, but United have younger, probably better CB's now. Their search for a striker is continuing on, with rumors of Morata not quite leaving. Real seems content raking United over the coals (eerily similar to what they did when United came calling for DiMaria). United management strike me as DGAF attitude about cost. Truth be told, Morata would be nice, but at the prices they are mentioning, surely will be another that never lives up to the cost.

Looks like Dani Alves may be coming to England. Juve also seem to be getting Douglas Costa from BM, which in my eyes would be a fantastic signing for them. I have no idea how the rich always seem to get richer over there with Juventus - they are like the fucking Patriots. Seems to me that Sanchez to Germany is that much closer to fruition and Arsenal also will probably be losing Oxlade Chamberlian, Ozil has been doing his David Silva impersonation and become a shell of their former self, Gunners to me seem like they are falling off the shelf here and losing ground to the other teams.

City and Chelsea still poking around, expecting both to make a big signing or three. Zlatan stating he may be staying at United? Not sure about that

And one piece of news I read today, is RB Lepzieg appear that they will not be able to play in Champions League next year as they under the same ownership group as RB Salzburg who already have claimed a CL spot. And, as RB Salzburg can get bumped to Europa league if they fall out at group stage, Lepzieg will not be able to even join Europa league next year. What a shit show. I mean, I understand it's probably not good for the sport to have two teams play each other owned by the same person/group but balls to this decision - something needs to be ironed out here.

Glad they got that done, had heard it was only a couple signatures away from being compliant a few weeks ago so was surprised to see that today. Really interested to see Leipzig in CL.

Southampton kit release video and they make Koeman the villian

So salty

[video=youtube;Xc8tFLAcLZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc8tFLAcLZs[/video]

If Alex Sandro tells Juve he wants to go to Chelsea they will let him go. Reports in Italy say that Cheslea is prepared to ask for Bonnuci and bid a total of 110 million euros for both

Bakayako to have a medical at Chelsea tomorrow

PSG sit to bid 60 million euros on Aguero

Man U interested in buying Renato Sanchez

Zenit prepared to spend 70 million euros on Monalas and Paredes

Bayern is cooling off on signing Alexis

Arsenal prepared to bid 60 million euros for Lacaezette

Liverpool will enter the race for Mbappe

Man U bid for Marquinos

O. Dembele wants out of Dortmund

Spurs want Max Meyer

Chelsea are interested in signing Llorente

It looks like Matic is on his way to Man U, pending a medical

Spurs have no intention of selling Kane, and they value him at 200 million pounds

Mahrez has interest in joining Arsenal

If Bale were to leave, he would prefer to go to a Premier League team instead of PSG

RB Leipzig won't sell Keita for any less than 90 million euros

Man U have offered a contract to Niangolan

Arsenal and Man City considering a swap between Aguero and Alexis

Alex Sandro joining Chelsea is near official

Nathan Ake is close to a 20 million pound move to Bournemouth

Tottenham have enquired about Matthias Ginter

Balotelli has signed a 1 year extension with Nice

Zlatan tried to engineer a move that would get him to Real Madrid

this away kit is sharp, buying one for sure, reminds me of french one at euros
y6WBrhQ.jpg

Uncertainty about Ronaldo holding up any deal with Morata going to Man U

Zidane has no plans of letting Bale leave

Ousmane Dembele (BvB) meets with Pep

Inter want 50 million pounds for Perisic

AC Milan target Koscielny

Atletico interested in signing Zlatan

Sirigu is on his way to Torino

No offers for Lacazette as of yet, and Lacazette hasn't asked to leave the club either

Dani Alves will be a Man City player by the end of the week

Renato Sanches expects to stay at Bayern

This appears to be a pretty bad blow for American premier league fans. NBC will no longer stream for free any non televised games. It's $50 a season.

Los Angeles FC is close to a deal with Wesley Sneijder

PSG ready to go on a 240 million euro spending spree

Alexis and Ozil have both been offered new contracts at Arsenal

Chinese team interested in buying PEA for 80 million euros

Real Madrid have increased their asking price for Morata to 80 million euros

While Man U has apparently bid on James for that same amount

Spurs interested in Dani Alves

Totti might not be so retired, a Japanese team has offered him a contract

Manolas has failed to show up in Russia for his medical with Zenit. Wants his wages in Euros, not Rubles

Barcelona are interested in Ander Herrera and Mahrez

RVP could be on his way to Crystal Palace

Man City interested in Coman

Chelsea are set to make a bid for Jerome Boateng

PSG has joined the race for Alex Sandro

Manolas could make a move to Chelsea instead of Zenit

AC Milan have placed a bid for Isco

Juve interested in Danilo

Courtois's agent says Real Madrid are interested

Man U wont sell Phil Jones

Inter will not sell Perisic

Arsenal will not pursue Mbappe

Paulinho's Chinese team has no intention of selling him to Barcelona

Spurs want 50 million for Kyle Walker

Real still might pursue Hazard

Talks are ongoing between Chelsea and Roma for Rudger

Trippier has agreed to a new 5 year deal with Spurs

Monchengladbach will bid 12 million pounds on Janssen

Man U interested in Joe Hart

Chelsea have signed Willy Cabellaro

Arsenal are very close to signing Lacazette

Saul resigns with Atletico until 2026

Arsenal interested in CAudrado

Marquinhos resigns with PSG

Rudiger is confirmed to Chelsea

Man U wont sell Herrera

Monaco say Lemar is not for sail

Maybe his agent is trying to spark up some interest because no current big club wants to sign him. I've seen Newcastle might be interested in Hart and he would like to stay in England this time, so he may be forced to go wherever they want him anyway.

As for Lemar, Monaco holds all the cards with him having 3 years left on his contract, they can keep him and still probably get a huge fee next year. They might sell him this offseason if Arsenal or another club give them an offer they can't refuse, like they received with Martial.

Seems like Lacazette to Arsenal is almost done, perhaps the best option available for us knowing that Arsenal still need to buy other players. Good thing Atletico have their transfer ban now or he may have gone there this summer.

Costa very likely to go back to Atletico.

Donnarumma is likely to stay at AC Milan

Rooney is likely staying at Man U

LAcazette is very close to joining Arsenal

Atletico Madrid are prepared to sign Costa and not have him play until January (no loan)

Benjamin Mendy wants to join Man City

West Ham will bid for Chicharito

PSG bid for 45 million euros on Fabinho was rejected

Zenit have signed Paredes from Roma for 23 million

Mahrez is expected to join Arsenal

Barcelona interested in Bonnuci

Sturridge staying at Liverpool

Arsenal wont let Sanchez join Man City

Of course I would prefer Verratti in midfield and Mbappe in attack but Wenger had to get realistic and not wait until transfer deadline and come empty handed again, Lacazette is better than starting the season with Giroud/Welbeck/Perez as we desperately need a striker who can run fast and not waste countless chances. But I'm not surprised people are underestimating Lacazette I had doubts too but when you look at the alternatives I think it might be the best price/quality on the market. Atletico were ready to buy him at the same price before their transfer ban so it gives a bit of confidence in him.

Aulas just confirmed it should be official in 1 or 2 days, saying the figure quoted in english media was unrealistic and the transfer fee will be no more than £43m/around 50m euros. Seems fair to me in this crazy market for a striker.

Mahrez rumoured to Arsenal but I would prefer Lemar, curious to see if we will get one of these 2.

yeah Kante was the one to get last season. Now I haven't watched Mahrez much last season but it seems he was just like Leicester last season, average. I would prefer Lemar.

Tottenham not very busy so far? I haven't read a lot about them this summer. They don't need much I know but probably Pochettino wants to reinforce a few positions?

Last edited:
Of course I would prefer Verratti in midfield and Mbappe in attack but Wenger had to get realistic and not wait until transfer deadline and come empty handed again, Lacazette is better than starting the season with Giroud/Welbeck/Perez as we desperately need a striker who can run fast and not waste countless chances. But I'm not surprised people are underestimating Lacazette I had doubts too but when you look at the alternatives I think it might be the best price/quality on the market. Atletico were ready to buy him at the same price before their transfer ban so it gives a bit of confidence in him.

I don't know if he's better than Giroud, he's a different type of player

A better version of Welbeck
But I don't know if his scoring translates to England, 11 I think of his goals last year were pens

He does seem to be best option, but I'm surprised they haven't tried to create more. Why not offer 80m for PEA or go back for higuan

As a starter, I think Lacazette will definitely be better than Giroud, but it's true that it remains to be seen how good he actually is. Giroud as a different kind of player can still be very useful for us but I've seen several teams interested in him and ready to pay around £20m so let's see what Wenger does with him. I think the good decision would be to have Lacazette/Giroud/Welbeck and let Perez go. I liked the spanish player but apparently Wenger doesn't like him so better to let him go.

Higuain, we had the chance to sign him last summer and several years ago when he was still at Madrid but Wenger didn't pull the trigger, and the guy is now at Juventus so to be honest no reason for him to leave.

Aubameyang I've seen reports he could go to China and get a huge salary, not sure if it's true, but I've never seen him linked seriously with Arsenal. Could have been a very option as well, but the fee I've read is much higher than Lacazette.

All in all I think it's a good buy and one type of striker Wenger should have bought a few years ago. Next step will be to get a striker like Tottenham has with Kane, get him when he is young and less competition from other clubs to avoid a situation where Wenger would like Mbappe but the competition is huge and the price high.

Chelsea is prepared to spend 100 million on Lukaku

Man U hope to have Morata deal by the end of week

Arsene interested in signing Gelson Martens and Carvalho

Marsielle backs away from Giroud interest

Inter is prepared to bid 50 million Euros for Di Maria

Spurs have offered 30 million pounds for Adrien Silva

Liverpool want 87 million pounds for Countinho

Man U interested in Bartra

Chelsea to meet with Alex Sandro today

Back