Tranfers and Rumours Thread

Jesus this is chaos to an OCD like me. If it's real, gonna have some fun today.

Swans have Renato Sanches on loan from Bayern, time to spend that Gylfi money. Honestly expect them to improve significantly today.

I am seeing reports that a transfer fee has been agreed to by both Liverpool and Arsenal for Lemar. It's up to the player to work on his side.

Fox soccer Plus used to have all day deadline day coverage, but don't think that's the case any longer.

Swansea swooping in Sanches on season long loan is an under radar move. EPLlookong to be as competitive as ever this season

Reactions: KJ
DIjjl5xXUAAsmt9.jpg:large

Swans and United I think pull another today but to me it's all about Alexis which can't be shocking

Arsenal fire sale needs to go right about now

I have read that Wenger wants a replacement before sanctioning Alexis sale, not sure what's the plan. Lemar seems complicated and expensive, Mahrez or Draxler seem more doable.

But I think we should get rid of Sanchez today and take the money, no chance to compete with Wenger for the PL title or possibly CL trophy next season if we are in it which doesn't look good anyway. Just start the rebuild now with players who want to play for us

By the way my optimism a month ago was conditional of Wenger getting the 3 or 4 players missing to build a team capable of winning the PL, possibly convincing Sanchez to renew with excellent new players on top of Lacazette and Kolasinac, or just keep him one season with the possibility and motivation to win the league. That's needless now.

That's long gone so let's hope Wenger doesn't take the team too low before he leaves

Just start the rebuild now with players who want to play for us
Totally agree. It's not like the rebuild will take a decade, this is Arsenal ffs. Tons of resources, world class facilities, and still plenty of talent around. Pretty obvious to me is the coach is too set in his ways and a change of leadership is really past due. Getting rid of Ox was a good start. If Sanchez is discontent, set him free. Get players in there that want to play and get Arsenal back to greatness. They are falling behind in my eyes, but not so far that they can't turn it around. Overspending on a player that doesn't want to play there would be a severe mistake....and frankly Lemar is no where near worth 100m euros. Mahrez would be a better signing.

Is deadline day usually this much of a disappointment. I don't care who goes where, I just wanted to see some high level players flying around. LOL.

Great negotiators succeed at negotiating. Poor negotiators generally lose at life.

I prefer success, this could be a colossal failure.

Totally agree. It's not like the rebuild will take a decade, this is Arsenal ffs. Tons of resources, world class facilities, and still plenty of talent around. Pretty obvious to me is the coach is too set in his ways and a change of leadership is really past due. Getting rid of Ox was a good start. If Sanchez is discontent, set him free. Get players in there that want to play and get Arsenal back to greatness. They are falling behind in my eyes, but not so far that they can't turn it around. Overspending on a player that doesn't want to play there would be a severe mistake....and frankly Lemar is no where near worth 100m euros. Mahrez would be a better signing.

I agree. The board screwed up this summer. Apparently they were very divided about renewing Wenger, in the end they decided to continue what proved has not worked the last few years... Now I imagine Wenger has the illusion that we can compete with this current squad, instead it will just be stagnation or getting worse and losing time while we could have moved on with a new coach with a new perspective.

The board should have asked themselves questions why Sanchez, Ozil and Ox didn't want to renew with Wenger. Now I'm fine with Ox leaving for that price and years of being average, the other 2 will be complicated to replace even if I can't stand Ozil's attitude in matches.

Reactions: KJ
I agree. The board screwed up this summer. Apparently they were very divided about renewing Wenger, in the end they decided to continue what proved has not worked the last few years... Now I imagine Wenger has the illusion that we can compete with this current squad, instead it will just be stagnation or getting worse and losing time while we could have moved on with a new coach with a new perspective.

The board should have asked themselves questions why Sanchez, Ozil and Ox didn't want to renew with Wenger. Now I'm fine with Ox leaving for that price and years of being average, the other 2 will be complicated to replace even if I can't stand Ozil's attitude in matches.

It's perplexing

It's perplexing

It is. Might need to get worse before it gets better unfortunately, I like Wenger as a person so it pains me to see him end his time at Arsenal like this. Kroenke most likely a problem as well, doesn't want to spend what it takes to reach the top and is happy to keep Wenger who provided stability after the stadium move with top 4 and FA cup success, but no hope of getting more than that really.

Matt Law‏ @Matt_Law_DT
I believe Chelsea will sign Zappacosta and Drinkwater and are trying on a third, but, as things stands, Spurs favourites to get Llorente
I've been asked about this a lot and I'm really hoping it doesn't backfire on me but told Chelsea are not pursuing any deal for Riyad Mahrez

Stan Kroenke is obviously wealthy and owns an NFL team and a Premier League team

He also might be one of the largest tools in the human species....this should give us all hope when we think life sucks

I'm surprised Man City didn't bid higher and earlier to secure Sanchez which they most likely would have succeeded in if they offered something like £70m, £55m when Ox was sold for 40 is weak almost like they thought Arsenal would fold and accept on the last day.

Transfer window still open until tomorrow for spanish clubs to buy players I believe

It has to be more than obvious that PSG are gonna send Cavani somewhere in January at this point no?

I don't think so, I believe they keep Cavani and reevaluate at the end of the season. And even then PSG would prefer to get rid of the coach if they can't get a replacement as good as Cavani.

The main goal for PSG is to win the Champions League, if they let go Cavani in January the team would be weakened and their chances of winning it reduced. Only way your scenario happens is if they manage to replace Cavani with Alexis Sanchez in January for example, he could play with them in the CL so could be a solution if things between Neymar and Cavani get really bad.

For now just throw some more money at greedy man child Neymar and he should be happy.

By the way they showed the stats, Neymar better at taking free kicks and Cavani better at penalties.

If the coach is good he will be able to alleviate the tensions, and someone should really put Neymar in his place and tell him that leaving Messi doesn't entitle to do whatever he wants and disobey the coach and disrespect a great player in Cavani

But I've just read that Neymar apologized in front of the team before the training after the coach asked him to speak, so I suppose the coach had a long talk with him.

So things are good again, for now!

Cavani is someone I like more than these other guys around here, just not sure that whole thing can last another 7 months or whatever it is. He certainly has botched his fair share but also gets clear a ton...interesting to see how the egos mesh. Reality is Neymar will create a ton of opportunities for him.

Back