Tranfers and Rumours Thread

Lukaku is going to Man U officially for 75 million according to many news outlets - however a few are reporting there is no deal just yet

Sanchez wants 400,000 pounds a week to stay at Arsenal

Real Madrid would sell Bale for 88 million pounds

Atletico may buy Costa and loan him to China

Arsenal still interested in Lemar

Luiz Gustavo has signed on as a Marseilles player

PSG will make a move on Coutinho this week

Deschamps has talked about this past week how Giroud is a better player then Lacazette

His actions actually speak louder then words. He starts giroud all the time and rarely calls up lacazette

Giroud is a much better fit in that french side leading the line

Lacazette starts and suddenly griezzman, mbappe, Lemar, Payet, etc have much less room

He may score more goals, especially pens, butnthe 3 behind score less

Same problem going to occur at arsenal

Lacazette and Giroud are different players. Deschamps also brought Gignac on a lot quicker than Lacazette.
Lacazette is just 5'9" whereas Giroud is 6'4" and much better in the air.
French team has a ton of pacey, shorter players to choose from such as Griezeman, Martial, Dembele, M'bappe. It seems to me that Lacazette is simply the odd man left out and not a criticism of his play

IF Arsenal can keep most of their players, I do think he'll fit in pretty well there.

It looks like this Lukaku to United move has some traction. United also waiving Rooney's 10M transfer fee to ride that salary off the books. I'm not at all sure what Everton thinking here by taking on Rooney's massive contract other than maybe trying to fill more seats or sell more merchandise maybe?

I more or less wanted to see if he actually said that, I can't find it and it would be pure idiocy imo

French almost have a problem of too much talent up front, they will continue to be darlings for quite some time of course but hard to see them suddenly figure out the chemistry that ze germans seem to do so well. Kinda same thing with Argentina.

I also don't know an Arsenal fan that's upset with the fee they're paying, be curious to see what that team looks like once everything shakes out

I also don't know an Arsenal fan that's upset with the fee they're paying, be curious to see what that team looks like once everything shakes out

Let's do that after we know if Ozil/Sanchez are staying or not! But around £50m to get 2 starters in Lacazette and Kolasinac is great business so far. Too bad the contracts management has been bad with key players having 1 year left on their deals now and several average players that we have to get rid of cheaply now because the squad is far too big.

DD_Aru1XoAAT3md.jpg

zlatans had his average minutes per goal scored double in moving from PSG to Man United

giroud had a similar drop from his big year on a worse Ligue 1 team to moving to Arsenal

Falcao was dead in the water for 4 years before becoming prolific again as a scorer

Lukaku is going to Man U officially for 75 million according to many news outlets - however a few are reporting there is no deal just yet

It seems Man Utd were tired of dealing with Real Madrid to get Morata and went to plan B with Lukaku. From what I had read I thought Conte really wanted Lukaku to replace Costa at Chelsea

And I guess Mahrez had expected some competition for his services when he said he would like to leave at the end of the season, looks like no one really wants this guy?! 3 years left and he would probably be sold for something around £40m I guess.

Wenger said he liked him but he is most likely plan B or C

I more or less wanted to see if he actually said that, I can't find it and it would be pure idiocy imo

French almost have a problem of too much talent up front, they will continue to be darlings for quite some time of course but hard to see them suddenly figure out the chemistry that ze germans seem to do so well. Kinda same thing with Argentina.

I heard it on a Gaurdian pod

And I guess Mahrez had expected some competition for his services when he said he would like to leave at the end of the season, looks like no one really wants this guy?! 3 years left and he would probably be sold for something around £40m I guess.

Wenger said he liked him but he is most likely plan B or C

he waited a year too long when it showed he was kind of a one season wonder as a top top guy, I think he's also aiming too high

where does he go? like you say hes not a top option for any top 6 club in England, he also doesnt start for any of them

so does he go to West Ham? back to France?

weird situation

France lost in the final of a major tournament where Hugo only allowed a goal because he concussed himself by hitting the post about 10 seconds before it went in

these teams are gonna qualify mates, outside England/Germany who waltz through qualifying before going completely opposite directions when a tournament actually starts, a lot of teams go slow in qualifying

I'm only pissed because I actually think at +700 (what I have) to win the WC is pretty great value with them but at the same time I don't think there's any way they win the Cup. It's becoming an issue because I really think the favorites are short...not that things can't change in a year. No shortage of talent obviously, but that's been the case with Argie and Oranje as well.

No dispute that they are entertaining to watch, and I'll probably do something stupid like bet on Belgium to win it. Germans at +500 should be the play imo but I don't bet futures much, surely not a year out.

he waited a year too long when it showed he was kind of a one season wonder as a top top guy, I think he's also aiming too high

where does he go? like you say hes not a top option for any top 6 club in England, he also doesnt start for any of them

so does he go to West Ham? back to France?

weird situation

And I've read that Leicester are hoping to get £50m, probably no chance of that as the player made his intentions clear. Or they could still keep him another season and get a decent fee next year. But they would risk him having another bad season. So I think they would prefer to sell this summer and get maybe something like £35-40m. I have read some dubious sources linking him to an imminent move to Arsenal but I don't believe he is a priority. I would take him and give them Walcott though. But yes he would be very good for a mid table english team or in Spain I think, but I guess he is hoping to join a big club.

As for Mbappe, I thought we would have known his decision by now. No news recently so I'm thinking he will extend his contract at Monaco and leave next year so he can play as much as possible there instead of risking a move that could destabilize him months before the World Cup. The kid is very good but we should not forget he's only 18. I did see that PSG were hoping to get him and offer him monster wages. Coming from near Paris, I suppose he is a PSG fan so why not.

Makes sense for him to stay another year, especially for playing time in a world cup year. Kj said it that french team is stacked

The 3 spots behind the striker have griezzman and Pogba as locked in imo. I expect they move Pogba up and have Kante and Matuidi as the centre mid 2.

So that 3rd spot is going to whomever is on best form from mbappe, Lemar, Dembele, Coman maybe, martial. Maybe even fekir or Payet etc

Unless they change it and go with griezmann or mbappe up top

Either way he needs to play this year and at Madrid or Chelsea or Bayern or man city etc that could be a risk

Arsenal, man united, PSG are the only ones who could guarantee a starters position

kind of surprised Monaco not selling though

His value can't really go up but it could go down

I hadn't thought about WC with respect to him, makes a ton of sense. If he's close to what he was this past season again next year France can't leave him off the team. Gives RM one more season to assess what they want to do as well, figure it's highly likely he ends up there...go rack up some more stats at Monaco this year and lock up the international presence then bolt.

Have a hard time believing he'll have some massive fall off there.

Makes sense for him to stay another year, especially for playing time in a world cup year. Kj said it that french team is stacked

The 3 spots behind the striker have griezzman and Pogba as locked in imo. I expect they move Pogba up and have Kante and Matuidi as the centre mid 2.

So that 3rd spot is going to whomever is on best form from mbappe, Lemar, Dembele, Coman maybe, martial. Maybe even fekir or Payet etc

Unless they change it and go with griezmann or mbappe up top

Either way he needs to play this year and at Madrid or Chelsea or Bayern or man city etc that could be a risk

Arsenal, man united, PSG are the only ones who could guarantee a starters position

kind of surprised Monaco not selling though

His value can't really go up but it could go down

True with his current contract, but if he's staying they will extend his contract so that they can still get a huge fee next summer for example. I've just been reading lequipe, it says there are talks in Monaco that they would be ready to give Mbappe the highest salary which is bringing a lot of talks in the locker room. In order to keep him, they allegedly told him they would keep a competitive team and keep the other valuable players (Lemar, Sidibe, Mendy, Fabinho) for another season at least. Which is causing some frictions because some of these players are keen to move to another club and would feel they are forced to stay at Monaco to keep Mbappe happy.

In related news, Arsenal just had a 2nd bid of €45m for Lemar

Yeah I thought Mendy to City was a done deal a few weeks ago. Same with Bakayoko to Chelsea but nothing official yet I think

I've read Guardiola also wants Kyle Walker, I'm not sure if this is still the case. Tottenham reportedly asking for £50m

well ya, Mendy and Walker were both "done" weeks ago. alexis too

tbh just need to hibernate for a couple months and figure out what really happened

You might still get your wish with Alexis I have no idea if he will stay or go. Wenger has been unusually busy early so far, I wonder if these 2 key signings and pursuit of Lemar are done early in the summer window and then after that Sanchez will be sold. Could be another Van Persie situation, when Wenger bought Cazorla Podolski Giroud and then afterwards RVP was gone.

Only catching up on City stuff but sounds like Iheanacho is close to being sent to Leicester.

Stoke very close to taking Delph on loan.

With Ederson coming in, now is the time to ship and cut losses with Bravo, his value is likely as high as it can be after that Confed Cup performance and he apparently isn't comfortable in the English speaking setting. Just sell please.

Reality is this team (Pep) knows it needed to improve the back line tremendously and there's no reason to figure it out with Bravo for a season or two when you've invested in Ederson, start now with the whole thing.

I kinda assume Lacazette signing is in anticipation of Sanchez leaving, still think he might end up at Bayern and they're just playing poker

Lemar would replace Sanchez on the left wing if he comes, Sanchez played as striker quite a few times at Arsenal but he is more efficient playing on the wing or just behind the striker.
I thought so too about Sanchez going to Bayern, but Hoeness said Sanchez would be almost too expensive for him with the high fee Arsenal would ask, maybe something like £50m (not sure here just a guess), and then Hoeness said they wouldn't pay the crazy wages that Sanchez agent was asking. So the most likely destination would be Man City I think if Sanchez definitely doesn't want to extend I believe Wenger will reluctlantly let him go this summer.

How insane that the projected starting back line for City next season on one link I'm looking at are Mendy, Walker, Bertrand and Dani Alves. Not one of them are at City yet lol...

Otamendi should stick, just needs a bit of chemistry. That back line was such shit it's hard to fault him for coming unglued at times.

You're welcome, I really like the player but I wasn't a big fan of the guy, reading this made me change my view I thought the guy was really cocky in his demeanor but I understand it with all the hurdles he had to overcome he had to project this kind of confidence and be stronger than other more talented guys. Hope he comes to City that would be fun!

Iheanacho is close to a deal that would send him to Leicester

Inter interested in Alexis

Villa make an approach to sign Joe Hart

Milan interested in PEA

Marseilles is confident they will get Giroud

Great stuff guys, somewhat new to the forum but looking forward to the new season.

Couple interesting stories in the press the past couple days about Sanchez demanding over 400k per week to re-sign. He definitely gets a raise if they are paying Laca 200K a week, but I immediately wondered if the club leaked it to make him look like the villain when they sell him. Latest from my source in London is that it's a little bit of both, they offered 250k a week and he wants more/is worried about their ambition

Imo, you cannot sell him to City under any circumstances. I would rather let him walk at the end of the year for free, he is not the type to sit out especially in a WC year. he will give his all regardless, i think.

Pretty interesting if the stories are true whether City would break their wage structure for him too, Aguero is one of their highest at 220k per week...not that they cant afford it, but they have so much dead weight in that squad on heavy contracts (nasri, mangala, bony, etc.)

I agree that Lemar/Mahrez are probably a direct replacement, if one of them signs Sanchez is likely gone. Doubt Ozil is going anywhere, does not seem to be a lot of interest in him

Great stuff guys, somewhat new to the forum but looking forward to the new season.

Couple interesting stories in the press the past couple days about Sanchez demanding over 400k per week to re-sign. He definitely gets a raise if they are paying Laca 200K a week, but I immediately wondered if the club leaked it to make him look like the villain when they sell him. Latest from my source in London is that it's a little bit of both, they offered 250k a week and he wants more/is worried about their ambition

Imo, you cannot sell him to City under any circumstances. I would rather let him walk at the end of the year for free, he is not the type to sit out especially in a WC year. he will give his all regardless, i think.

Pretty interesting if the stories are true whether City would break their wage structure for him too, Aguero is one of their highest at 220k per week...not that they cant afford it, but they have so much dead weight in that squad on heavy contracts (nasri, mangala, bony, etc.)

I agree that Lemar/Mahrez are probably a direct replacement, if one of them signs Sanchez is likely gone. Doubt Ozil is going anywhere, does not seem to be a lot of interest in him

Another Arsenal fan :cheers3:

I agree with all your points. Interesting article today from James Olley that mentions some of your points http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...fer-exit-star-contract-standoff-a3582241.html

Looks like Arsenal are offering him around 250-300k a week and the offer is still available for him to sign. However, if he wants much more than that and doesn't want to be at Arsenal, honestly I would be ok to let him leave. Preferably next year. Or this summer abroad, you're right that we shouldn't sell to City and strengthen them even more in attack. But really, no player is bigger than his club.

Also, there have been rumors about altercations between him and other players because of his attitude outside matches and poor behavior in training. He was benched last season at Liverpool because of this. Tricky situation but if he doesn't want to play at Arsenal while we are offering him a fortune, he can fuck off and leave to Bayern or PSG this summer or next year where he wants.

I loved reading the stories about Bony wanting to fight for a place on the team, it's hilarious. Sounds like he's probably off to Turkey. All that dead weight will be cut before too long I'm thinking. Pretty sure Hart and Nasri have both feet out the door, not sure about Mangala.

Haha yes same thing at Arsenal a few guys we have to get rid of but not much demand with the wages they are on... Gibbs, Jenkinson, Debuchy... Or maybe just do like Man Utd with Rooney and let him leave without transfer fee so they can get the salary off their books..

:popcorn:

Telegraph Football‏ @TeleFootball <button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">Plus
</button>

Exclusive: Chelsea match Manchester United's offer for Romelu Lukaku @Matt_Law_DT

PSG have edged ahead of Man U for James Rodriguez

Lemar agrees to terms with Arsenal, the clubs have not

Chelsea interested in Belotti

Man U will bid for Eric Dier

Mark Zuckerberg's investment group is considering a bid of 1 billion pounds for Tottenham

Villa interested in Peter Crouch

Wayne Rooney is only 31

Arsenal will allow Alexis to join a team outside of the PL

The Chelsea - Rudiger deal is just about done

AC Milan willing to make PEA the highest paid player in Italy

van Djik says he only wants to join Liverpool

Man U still open to bringing Zlatan back once hes recovered

DAni Alves has signed with PSG

Monaco says Real Madrid has made no offer on Mbappe

Wayne Rooney is only 31

:bluehead:

On the field I don't think Rooney can make Everton much better I believe he is basically finished at the top level, but you never know he might rediscover some of his form by playing more than the last few years, it will be interesting for sure.

I've also read with Real Madrid on the verge of signing Ceballos, Kovacic could be made available

Kaveh Solhekol‏ @SkyKaveh

PSG offering Kylian Mbappé 1,150 per cent pay rise. Willing to pay him £200,000 a week. Currently on £16,000 a week at Monaco

I can see this being true :seeya: 18 years old, I guess I would take it.

The problem with going to PSG is, it's really difficult to leave when you would like to later... Especially if you accept a new contract like Verratti almost every year...!

Arsenal interested in Brozovic

Liverpool has made an offer for James Rodriguez, he wants a deal in place by tomorrow so he doesn't have to travel to US with Real Madrid

Swansea want 50 million pounds for Sigurdsson

Besiktas interested in Diego Costa

Tottenham have denied the Zuckerberg story

Tottenham also says Dier is not for sale

Back