time to post my 2015-2016 Bowls so far

You definitely did your homework on the Marshall game, its always nice to see it broken down that way.

I will play devil's advocate here and point out that Birdsong was the QB vs Purdue and Ohio and he was not good so that results need to be discounted or dismissed altogether. Once Litton got in there they started to cook with gas. But he also faced some soft defenses, so its a bit tough to tell for sure.

-123 vs Kent
-114 vs ODU
-87 vs USM
+95 vs FAU
-100 vs UNT
+211 vs UNCC
+60 vs MTSU
+57 vs FIU
-132 vs WKU

So in those games with the current QB and facing FBS competition it looks like 5 went under the opponent average and 4 went over, but most of the 4 good performances were more recent, so there is that too.

I'll be rooting for you. Here is to a shut out.

Marshall 4.45ypc and 168.8 rushing ypg, against teams that averaged 4.54 and 185.24. Completed 57.9% of passes, 6.42 ypa and 232.6 pypg against 60.3%, 7.53 and 230.83

You definitely did your homework on the Marshall game, its always nice to see it broken down that way.

I will play devil's advocate here and point out that Birdsong was the QB vs Purdue and Ohio and he was not good so that results need to be discounted or dismissed altogether. Once Litton got in there they started to cook with gas. But he also faced some soft defenses, so its a bit tough to tell for sure.

-123 vs Kent
-114 vs ODU
-87 vs USM
+95 vs FAU
-100 vs UNT
+211 vs UNCC
+60 vs MTSU
+57 vs FIU
-132 vs WKU

So in those games with the current QB and facing FBS competition it looks like 5 went under the opponent average and 4 went over, but most of the 4 good performances were more recent, so there is that too.

I'll be rooting for you. Here is to a shut out.

It is a good point on Litton/Birdsong. They are definitely better now than then. Heck with some of the pieces they were replacing the whole team has been getting better as the year has gone. We discussed this in the offseason about how Marshall might be good by the end of the year. I won't go that far but your point about Litton and the team's production getting better is well taken. They could benefit from the extra practices as well.

It's a 44 so there will likely be no point where the under would feel safe.

Big move to the under in the washington game. So no way to get off of it even if I wanted to.

Yeah, I bought it down to 51.5, and not feeling real good about it. The rain doesn't concern me, but the 20-30 mph winds will adversely affect the passing and kicking games.

Pitt/Navy - I think this was the worst job on the total by the linesmakers/market for the bowl season. I don't get it. I won't go overboard with stats but I will mention the key one .... Both teams are in the top ten of slowest teams in the nation from a pace perspective. I like the defensive minded coach for Pitt getting his team ready for the option attack of navy. Pitt already played an option team in Georgia Tech, though they were not completely successful at stopping it. So they have both experience against it and extra time to prepare for it. Just too slow of a game to be putting up mid-fifties.

I really don't know the stats on this, but I think I disagree. I've never considered Pitt as a slow team and I know Narduzzi is a defensive guy, but I've never thought of Pitt as a defensive team this year. They have the potential to have an explosive offensive game, and at times they have. Again, not look at stats, I remember G. Tech being a close game, but it didn't look like they were overly struggling with it. Maybe you can clarify, or maybe I am wrong.

I really don't know the stats on this, but I think I disagree. I've never considered Pitt as a slow team and I know Narduzzi is a defensive guy, but I've never thought of Pitt as a defensive team this year. They have the potential to have an explosive offensive game, and at times they have. Again, not look at stats, I remember G. Tech being a close game, but it didn't look like they were overly struggling with it. Maybe you can clarify, or maybe I am wrong.

They gave up 376 yards on 40 carries for a 9.4 yards per carry average. They didn't give up more than 200 rushing in any other game. As good rush defense (which Pitt has) does not always translate to good option defense, it is a concern.

As for the pace. They are slow by any measure. 740 plays defended is the second lowest in cfb for teams who played 12 games. 810 plays run is somewhere in the 100th area and the time between snaps is slow. They are slow.

The number on Washington concerns me as well as I'm really not sure what people are seeing. It does look like the bets are pretty evenly split, however.

I'm just reminding myself that the moves were on NIU and Cincy...easily the 2 worst sides of the bowl season thus far.

The number on Washington concerns me as well as I'm really not sure what people are seeing. It does look like the bets are pretty evenly split, however.

I'm just reminding myself that the moves were on NIU and Cincy...easily the 2 worst sides of the bowl season thus far.

I think it is weather related .. or hope so. I do believe that Washington matches up defensively better against pro set offenses as compared to spread offenses. Big bowl numbers are usually worse lays than what I take home after last call at the local watering hole.

what in the actual fuck

The indiana game or the Tulsa/VT game?

Indiana with 131 more yards and 10 or 11 more first downs. Pretty happy with the capping even if the result failed. Two missed fg's and the kick return td .. so I guess I screwed the pooch some on special teams though I accounted for Duke having better special teams. The drop in the end zone hurt too obviously.

Grats to Duke though. Good to see them break through.

As for Tulsa/VT ... whoops

Man I think they blew that FG call on Indiana, really sucks after looking at that from below view where it appeared to be inside the post. btw - I know Peterson isn't laying 8.5 but what the fuck is he doing kicking a FG with 13 seconds left. Almost shit myself there.....GL Kyle.

They blew a couple huge and easy calls to hurt Indiana, but the last play of the game? Calling the FG no good when it was clearly good? That was an impressive one.

Yup. Might have been in.

There might have been PI on the easy td drop by Indiana too.

The double personal foul was interesting too .. they moved it back too many yards.

It wasn't called favorably but they allowed themselves to be in that position somewhat. When you outplay a team that badly, you should win by a few td. But they gave up the two big runs to Sirk and the kick return TD and the key fourth down conversion on Duke's last drive. They had plenty of chances to sew that one up.

Just have to tip the cap and move on to the next one. I lost a lot on Indiana. So it goes. We can only control our decisions and I believe I made a good one. Washington State was probably an undeserved winner and certainly that officiating was worse than what was against Indiana but in our favor instead of against.

Spilled milk.

Man I think they blew that FG call on Indiana, really sucks after looking at that from below view where it appeared to be inside the post. btw - I know Peterson isn't laying 8.5 but what the fuck is he doing kicking a FG with 13 seconds left. Almost shit myself there.....GL Kyle.

I was furious. I joked with a friend on aim that they would punch it in, miss the extra pt and then usm would score a td and make a two pt conversion. He called me a sicko. Then something more unlikely almost happened. That was a brutal decision by peterson.

The double personal foul was interesting too .. they moved it back too many yards.

There seemed to be a very clear late hit out of bounds on Duke. I was a bit confused when they moved Indiana back to their own 10 yard line.

It was offsetting personal fouls at worst. They decided to go with a 42 yard personal foul on Indiana, however. Yes, Indiana shot themselves in the foot with a game they should have won by 2-3 scores rather easily, but that being said, they still DID win the game without the absurd calls, let alone the bad ones and mistakes. The ending was just something out of this world, however. Need to have rules in place where the official is fired, call is reversed, and then it is reviewed for potential fix. I don't think that's an easy call to miss there. Not only was it good, it was good before getting near the post and moving in the direction of being even more good...

There seemed to be a very clear late hit out of bounds on Duke. I was a bit confused when they moved Indiana back to their own 10 yard line.

Yes.

I thought it was probably illegal block in the back and then fifteen yards in favor of indiana. I was surprised by the call. I was more surprised that they backed it up too many yards.

I thought at first that at was a late hit, but once I saw the replay from another angle the duke player was tackling him before they went out and momentum took them both out. Think it was a good call. The upright rule is more ridiculous. Straight tailed you on Nebraska tonight, so it better win.

I was furious. I joked with a friend on aim that they would punch it in, miss the extra pt and then usm would score a td and make a two pt conversion. He called me a sicko. Then something more unlikely almost happened. That was a brutal decision by peterson.

So people do still use AIM!

It was offsetting personal fouls at worst. They decided to go with a 42 yard personal foul on Indiana, however. Yes, Indiana shot themselves in the foot with a game they should have won by 2-3 scores rather easily, but that being said, they still DID win the game without the absurd calls, let alone the bad ones and mistakes. The ending was just something out of this world, however. Need to have rules in place where the official is fired, call is reversed, and then it is reviewed for potential fix. I don't think that's an easy call to miss there. Not only was it good, it was good before getting near the post and moving in the direction of being even more good...

If you bet enough Duke games, you get used to taking in the shorts when you take the other side. They get the calls and the bounces quite a bit. Good coach, smart players .. but also very fortunate.

The personal fouls are the calls that bothered me. That was a drive after the mystery holding call too. So it was a rough stretch for them. Hopefully it was honest error.

I could easily get worked up over the game, if I let myself but I am going to try not to.

I thought at first that at was a late hit, but once I saw the replay from another angle the duke player was tackling him before they went out and momentum took them both out. Think it was a good call. The upright rule is more ridiculous. Straight tailed you on Nebraska tonight, so it better win.

I think that would normally be called a late hit. Ironically, the Indiana player comes in and pushes a guy because of the late hit. So not only did they miss the call but Duke was rewarded for the late hit. I would have been fine with two no calls there. Though when you are on the sideline the ref is going to be extra careful to avoid a brawl.

Look... it was a poorly officiated game in a lopsided way but not much to be done about it.

BTW Grats to Indiana for using timeouts when Duke got the goal to go at the end. Most coaches blow that. Indiana coach got it right

They blew a couple huge and easy calls to hurt Indiana, but the last play of the game? Calling the FG no good when it was clearly good? That was an impressive one.

The most egregious call was after the Indiana interception that was returned to midfield. Duke committed two Stevie Wonder personal fouls after the play. No Indiana player committed a discernable foul that I saw after several replays. The refs call two 15-yard penalties on Indiana instead of Duke for a 75-yard swing in field position!!!

The most egregious call was after the Indiana interception that was returned to midfield. Duke committed two Stevie Wonder personal fouls after the play. No Indiana player committed a discernable foul that I saw after several replays. The refs call two 15-yard penalties on Indiana instead of Duke for a 75-yard swing in field position!!!

They called the sideline push on one i think .. i think .. not sure what the other one was

I get more angry when I am wrong. So the 2h Tulsa/VT game is more angering than Indiana for me. Because I didn't think VT would go in the tank from the first drive on in the 2h.

Nice call on Nebraska.

Do you have any reassessment on your USC -3 play after watching the PAC thus far?

I was unimpressed with Washginton's physicality today and this Nebraska game is just a savage beating at the LOS.

Back