time to post my 2015-2016 Bowls so far

Did that make my point better or worse? We weren't discussing how bad SC sucks haha, that wouldn't be much of an argument.

Yeah at this point the margin of victory against South Carolina is the last thing on my mind. Just looking forward to a great time in Phoenix regardless of the outcome

I'm late to the conversation, but just wanted to say that even these high scoring games are way better than the product the NFL is putting out there. Bad QB play, a flag or replay every other play, stupid rule changes (nobody even knows what a catch is anymore), not to mention all the off the field BS - makes football unwatchable on Sundays. Thank God for hockey.

I refuse to watch a game in whole now...just redzone or highlights...it is brutal.

Yup. At least the cfb has differing styles. Seems the NFL almost entirely runs the same crap and it is just a matter of who runs it better. Then when you get something somewhat new like what Chip Kelly was doing, they don't give him time to get it up to speed.

Yup. At least the cfb has differing styles. Seems the NFL almost entirely runs the same crap and it is just a matter of who runs it better. Then when you get something somewhat new like what Chip Kelly was doing, they don't give him time to get it up to speed.

NFL is about having a good HC and luckily getting a QB. Despite all their expert analysis, combines, pro days, etc. none of them can still draft one. 95% of the remaining players are replacement level

Pictures or it didn't happen.

It didn't happen. MW had baby sitter issues and our schedules didn't mesh perfectly and pstone was travelling (as usual). So I ate alone ... just me, a book titled "Predictive Analystics" by Eric Siegel and some steak tacos from Taco Cabana.

And the NFL are going one better now. It looks like the new TB HC will be the guy that went 21-28 in Pac 10 play in 6 seasons at ASU

It's not an odd choice at all; he was OC and instrumental in Winston's development as the year went on; who gives a fuck what he did at sorry ASU 10 years ago.

Front office intent on Koetter (if indeed he is hired) and Winston taking the franchise forward in the immediate future since they already have a rapport; better than a recycle type hire in my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't like the high scoring games because the product sucks. My buddy Garfather and I text eachother "not football" when one of these games break out. You just are not going to find too many people who have watched decades of football who don't think this is the low point of the sport. It is a matter of opinion, of course .. but since it is a matter of opinion, I largely only care about my own. And I hate it .... though I wonder if I am just spoiled with how good it was before. In other words, if I had never seen football before and then woke up to this brand of football, maybe it would be the greatest thing ever.

Agree 100%. Time to join the dark side and play the ponies bro. There's good action 5-6 days a week year round. And there are close to a dozen "Super Bowl" days now.

It's not an odd choice at all; he was OC and instrumental in Winston's development as the year went on; who gives a fuck what he did at sorry ASU 10 years ago.

Front office intent on Koetter (if indeed he is hired) and Winston taking the franchise forward in the immediate future since they already have a rapport; better than a recycle type hire in my opinion.

Agree to disagree.

just want to say thanks for all the time you spend doing write ups and discussing games. I really appreciate it and don't say it often enough

Timh I voted you capper of the year so the respect is mutual. Flipped a coin with you and grind.

Over the next three weeks I will be closing all nonVegas outs. No more offshore of any kind. Will consider Wynn Sundays next fall.

I am traveling tonight and will miss at least the first qtr. Two great teams so let's hope for a good game...low scoring please

VK, want to second what a couple others have said...thanks for all of your insight. I, along with many others, have browsed these boards in the background for several years, and always invariably watch what you are playing. Hell of a year, and an excellent bowl season. If I'm up at the Wynn (usually over March Craziness), drinks on me.

I capped this game pretty poorly. Thought Bama was better at the line of scrimmage than clemson which really hasn't been the case. Thought the Clemson secondary was better than what they have shown. Thought the bama dline was better than they have shown. Thought Coker game against msu was more an anomaly than a predictor. But as with the Navy game I capped poorly ... I completely whiffed on the Bama pace for the game. They are playing very fast by their own standards and have been from the get go. Watson has also been far more accurate than I thought he would be. There are more big plays than expected. Pretty much just got everything wrong.

To give you an idea of how poorly the game was capped ...

1. Clemson defense had by far their worst performance of the year.
2. Alabama defense had by far their worst performance of the year.

why closing offshore?

Eliminating everything but cfb and nfl and don't need to have them.

Also, I don't want to do anything that is technically illegal even though I find the law to be immoral and the act itself to be completely moral.

I won't be betting bases (the sport i have won the most money in but not as good at it as i am cfb .. volume), baskets, pucks, boxing, ufc, soccer ... just cfb (some nfl) where I can get great numbers at the Wynn each sunday next year. I will lose some value here and there from shopping and a ton of value from not being able to get down on every halftime I would like (and live betting) ... but not much. It isn't a huge sacrifice.

I am trying to move away from sports investing as a time and energy suck on my life (in some sports a money suck too). I think I am kidding myself to think I won't do cfb next year (despite thinking it is probably in my best interest from both quality of life and the opportunity cost) because I just love it too much and it is too ingrained in me. And quite frankly, I don't have many ways to actually define myself .. good son, good friend, good poker player, good sibling, good financial healthcare consultant, good logician ... that is all fine and dandy but... I sort of define myself as a good college football handicapper and I like being defined that way. I think that is part of the reason my ego likes posting plays even though I get little benefit from doing so ... because it is a way of saying this is who I am.
So I don't really need it is the short of it.

VK, want to second what a couple others have said...thanks for all of your insight. I, along with many others, have browsed these boards in the background for several years, and always invariably watch what you are playing. Hell of a year, and an excellent bowl season. If I'm up at the Wynn (usually over March Craziness), drinks on me.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope over the years I either won you some money or saved you some money.

I do not turn down drinks at the Wynn

Loved this thread. Hope you do it again next season.

I have so thoroughly destroyed bowls the last three or four years that I doubt I have a choice as far as betting it .. and my ego will make me post it most likely.

Never have posted in your thread vk, but I fully echo everyone elses positive comments, and I am sure whoever hasn't said anything, does too

Eliminating everything but cfb and nfl and don't need to have them.

Also, I don't want to do anything that is technically illegal even though I find the law to be immoral and the act itself to be completely moral.

I won't be betting bases (the sport i have won the most money in but not as good at it as i am cfb .. volume), baskets, pucks, boxing, ufc, soccer ... just cfb (some nfl) where I can get great numbers at the Wynn each sunday next year. I will lose some value here and there from shopping and a ton of value from not being able to get down on every halftime I would like (and live betting) ... but not much. It isn't a huge sacrifice.

I am trying to move away from sports investing as a time and energy suck on my life (in some sports a money suck too). I think I am kidding myself to think I won't do cfb next year (despite thinking it is probably in my best interest from both quality of life and the opportunity cost) because I just love it too much and it is too ingrained in me. And quite frankly, I don't have many ways to actually define myself .. good son, good friend, good poker player, good sibling, good financial healthcare consultant, good logician ... that is all fine and dandy but... I sort of define myself as a good college football handicapper and I like being defined that way. I think that is part of the reason my ego likes posting plays even though I get little benefit from doing so ... because it is a way of saying this is who I am.
So I don't really need it is the short of it.

Great post...

and in bold, whatever bub, GOY goes next week...guess you won't be privy to it:shake:

I have so thoroughly destroyed bowls the last three or four years that I doubt I have a choice as far as betting it .. and my ego will make me post it most likely.

The most hidden ego on the net...

Back