Thursday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
As we discussing in wed thread can’t wait to grab greene k prop over assuming it no higher than 6.5. Hoping he opens at 5.5 and reasonably low juice but might be wishful thinking.

Thankfully get to enjoy the French Open for a minute w/o MLB gambles

Ugh, I didn’t even realize it had started until I saw something at bottom the screen during nba game. Guess I’ll have to go check your thread out! Are there matches during the day?

Should be a couple great series this weekend with division rivals facing off in tampa and St. Louis. Obviously I’m more interested in milw/cards but yanks/rays should be exciting 4 games played in front of 17 ppl!! Such a bummer rays get wasted in that park/city. Why can’t they draw? I know I’ve heard location of the park isn’t good but damn, that it? They too fucking good and well run to have that empty park. MLB should just move out of Florida!! Lol

Ugh, I didn’t even realize it had started until I saw something at bottom the screen during nba game. Guess I’ll have to go check your thread out! Are there matches during the day?
Oh no thread, I'm just popping in the in game one when I wake up. Hard to do much for me the first week of majors

Oh no thread, I'm just popping in the in game one when I wake up. Hard to do much for me the first week of majors

Well that crazy! Every other time I find out something like tennis major going on and ask your answer is always “I got a thread bro!”. Lol

The French has never done it for me. Can’t even just parlay the guys I know cause clay inevitably screws shit up!

Well that crazy! Every other time I find out something like tennis major going on and ask your answer is always “I got a thread bro!”. Lol
Well their start time for the day is in 10 minutes and I need to go to sleep, wake up and find some live spots but fields are so big I need it to get trimmed down a bit. Like Steve Johnson big v Simon though, 3-0 would be no shock but 3-1 at worst I think

The French has never done it for me. Can’t even just parlay the guys I know cause clay inevitably screws shit up!
Yeah gotta know the clay guys...Spain, Argie tend to rep well. Casper Ruud the first Norwegian I think ever that's been good on clay. Love the surface though before grass where the game changes. Refreshing change from hardcourt for me and I love the speed of HC but just different skills

Well their start time for the day is in 10 minutes and I need to go to sleep, wake up and find some live spots but fields are so big I need it to get trimmed down a bit. Like Steve Johnson big v Simon though, 3-0 would be no shock but 3-1 at worst I think

Yea I just looked at start times, can’t do anything today as book don’t even open till 9am on weekdays.

Yeah gotta know the clay guys...Spain, Argie tend to rep well. Casper Ruud the first Norwegian I think ever that's been good on clay. Love the surface though before grass where the game changes. Refreshing change from hardcourt for me and I love the speed of HC but just different skills

I guess it cool in the sense it takes away the power guys edge since it plays so much slower than hard court.

I'll get up earlier than I should and play a couple live wagers if value is there

Crappy week not to have day bases since I can’t do any concrete jobs with rain thru Friday. Got one in Tuesday which made me miss a day I woulda nailed several k props! Lol

So Rays saw Cortes 2x last year. Only went 9.2 innings. 1st time they faced him he went 5 innings giving up 1 run on 3 hits with 5k’s and no walks. Then he faced rays his last start of the year and they got 2 runs on 5 hits in 4.2 innings, again 5 k’s and no walks. He was good last year but he obviously has taken his game to another level this season.

I still dunno what to make of him? The numbers say he awesome but the stuff on paper doesn’t seem elite, I’m gonna make a point of finally watching this guy in this one! His last start wasn’t fantastic but considering he faced the lhp killing chisox In b2b starts, dominated them for 8 innings the 1st time it was to be expected he wouldnt be great again, he was decent in the 2nd striking out 7 in 5 innings of 3 run ball, not terrible. Rays don’t hit lefties the way cws do and they havnt seen him this year, gotta assume he gonna be good once again.

I never been a huge Yarbrough fan but strangely he has been fantastic vs a good lhp yanks team in his career. Off to a rocky start this year but I’m assuming he was coming off some kind of injury with the late start to the year? I have no doubt the walk rate will plummet sooner than later as he always has had fantastic control, he didn’t walk anyone last start and that will most likely continue.

Maybe a FF under in tampa? Or maybe a case for a tampa rl/under parlay?

Rockies road woes continue after losing 2 of 3 in Pittsburg: nothing screams how bad you are away from coors more than being even money against the gas can formerly known as Patrick Corbin! This be one those plays the average guy gonna see these pitchers era’s and think over all day, can’t say they be wrong but Rockies offense away from home just not the same! Corbin last start was actually good for him and we talking 5 runs allowed in 5 innings! He only walked 1 tho!! Lol.

Actually Corbin best start of the year was at coors a few weeks back! He went 8 innings with 5 runs allowed but only 3 earned, at coors that is fantastic! All 5 the runs came in 1 inning, he was clean the other 7 vs these guys. Now he gets them in his pitcher friendly park. Can you trust him? Can you trust rox to hit him? Tough cause the answer to both is probably no!

Marquez got blown up for 7 runs in 5 innings when nats came to coors at beginning the month. He gonna give ya innings but he also gonna give up runs, just the way it is: that works out ok at coors where he gets support but that leads to a 4-10 road record the last 2 seasons. I think I lean nats but I dunno if they actually worth playing?

My guy Skubal has to face Cleveland for the 2nd straight outing, we all know how I hate that. Looked like it was gonna be a rematch from last time against Civale where I played the under and was never really in doubt despite total being bet up thanks to the high winds blowing out I assume, that didn’t worry me 1 bit with those offenses. Looks like Civale got scratched tho and tribe are instead starting some kid I never heard of. Not many better teams for a no name guy to face than tigers disappointing offense! Tigers inexplicably yanked Skubal after 5 really good innings in Cleveland, im wondering if maybe he had some discomfort or something As that only thing that could explain it!! the pen instantly came in and gave up the game in a 6-1 loss, immediately after Skubal was pulled the pen gave up a 4 spot and game over for tigers struggling O.

In 24 innings this month Skubal has allowed 2 runs! Hasn’t allowed any in his last 3 starts!! He has also struck out 30 in that span while walking 5. Been saying it since 1st time I saw him, think this kid a ace, hate these spots tho and not sure bout pitcher he facing or if tigers can give him any support? A Skubal out prop would be nice if we could get it, who knows if they will post one or not tho? Cle doesn’t hit lhp nearly as well as right but they don’t strike out a ton either so outs would be the preferred way to go, unless they made his k prop 4.5 which I don’t see any chance of. I’ll try to look at the tribe pitcher, maybe a FF under if there no out prop on Skubal?

Last edited:
Back