The Anthony Davis Sweepstakes

He has one year left on his contract right after this year right? He qualifies for the supermax this summer. Heard on the radio that Rich Paul and team are pressuring the lakers to go out and get him. My assumption is that all the usual suspects are probably linked to him: Lakers, Celtics maybe Clips?

Celtics can't trade for him. Not until summer. They can only do it IF they include Kyrie in the package deal, but there is no chance in hell Kyrie will sign an extension with the Pelicans anyways.

just as power move by paul to try n get AD to LA for his boy Bron... AD better tell his agent that he works for him not the other way around... Why would he wanna go to LA if he wants to compete for Ships???? Bron is old Lonzo cant stay healthy so he signs a supermax 5yrs to do what? play alongside a declining lebron and carry him until he retires.... they would still be behind GS and prob Houston......

If he is willing to take a steep paycut and sign a 6 year contract the Suns would take him

Celtics can't trade for him. Not until summer. They can only do it IF they include Kyrie in the package deal, but there is no chance in hell Kyrie will sign an extension with the Pelicans anyways.
true, also think they would get more in the summer waiting to trade AD don't need to do it in the next 10 days per se

It’ll wind up being the Knicks imo.

Nobody can top an offer centered around KP and the 2019 pick. And it’s easily worth it for the Knicks since it would signal confidence in also getting KD. KD + AD makes you a favorite in the East immediately. Boston can’t top the Knicks offer even if they throw Tatum and Brown in.

Also, he’s not being dealt until the summer. No reason for Nola to not see what pick the Knicks have and to not engage Boston. Nobody else reall has that compelling an offer right now.

Also, he’s not being dealt until the summer. No reason for Nola to not see what pick the Knicks have and to not engage Boston. Nobody else reall has that compelling an offer right now.
Yeah, the timing is so LeBron orchestrated.

Don’t think NO waiting is that guaranteed. If they are waiting for Ainge to put Tatum in that deal, they better get real comfy cause there is no way that will happen, especially with Hayward sucking ass.

Pels are out of the playoffs race. Why wait till summer? This is never a good situation for any team...

Pels are out of the playoffs race. Why wait till summer? This is never a good situation for any team...

Because you can see the actual draft pick you are trading for

More teams have open cap space

Trading him now makes no sense

I dont see boston

They wont give up Tatum, kyrie prolly leaving

After the years they are having some combo of Hayward, brown, smart, rozier, the time lord etc.

Wont get it done

Also with sac town being decent that pick is likely gonna be 10-15, theclips 1st is lotto protected, the grizz pick is 1-8 protected till 2021

He's coming to the Suns dude loves his tan

We're already bored with the rumours

Rumor mill has the Pelicans have already taken legal action against the Lakers. The NBA has informed ESPN a judge has already been appointed to hear the Pelicans tampering charge claims as soon as this week...the Pels have been guaranteed they will get a fair shake in their case. Gonna be a real question as to how the Judge rules here, folks...

1548712378351.gif

It's only tampering when it envolves the Lakers. Everybody talking to everyone, but only the Lakers get fucked. These shit small franchises need to stop whining and face that this is a players choice league, and that you either make smart business decisions, or you are out. Golden State was shit for decades until they realized they needed to do something more.

The Celtics apparently can't match salaries without Irving being involved until the summer? Is that why? I wonder why Horford's team won't let him be moved?

C's have that top 5-6ish pick. I would want that and Tatum and fillers over any other deal.

I would take a deal of Nilikini, Knox, Hardaway, and the Knicks pick over LALs.

The problem with LA's offer is that these young assets are already somewhat flawed. Still potential.
Its gonna be knicks imo

They pair him with KD or kemba or kyrie

Kimba wouldn't be an improvement and certainly wouldn't be a championship level team.

But I agree. Knicks in play.

Isn’t Anthony Davis hurt all the time ?

Screw Lebron and his cronies running the league

Yes. It's ironic that he's currently hurt with this coming out, too.

He's unbelievable but I'm not sure how effective his W/L presence is. I think with Durant it could be a championship combo.

With Lebron.... are we looking at another space the floor 5 like Chris Bosh?

So I keep hearing that AD will leak he will only sign an extension with the Lakers to hurt competing offers.

My thought is hmmm. Can LA really wait an entire 1.5 years for AD to come and save cap space to try to get him? Lebron will be 36. He’s already an old dog on defense. LA going to need to sign someone this offseason they can’t possibly hope and wait AD will come in summer 2020.

So the offers outside of LA will still best the Lakers’ crap. In my opinion.

It’ll wind up being the Knicks imo.

Nobody can top an offer centered around KP and the 2019 pick. And it’s easily worth it for the Knicks since it would signal confidence in also getting KD. KD + AD makes you a favorite in the East immediately. Boston can’t top the Knicks offer even if they throw Tatum and Brown in.
Why would NO want KP? They’ll be right back in the same situation as they’re in now...

Why would NO want KP? They’ll be right back in the same situation as they’re in now...

Same situation? When? Would be not resign? He’s got to be eager to want to make some real money. Throw in Zion and things get interesting.

But the deal I’ve heard revolves around Frank, Knox, the top pick, and cap fillers.

Didn’t realize KP’s situation. He’s unlikely to be moved I see now.

Pelicans. Tell the Lakers it’s Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubek, Vogner, Hart and 3 first round picks.

Send back Miller who can shoot the 3, Jackson who can backup Rondo, etc. to make it work. Don’t settle for anything less.

It's only tampering when it envolves the Lakers. Everybody talking to everyone, but only the Lakers get fucked. These shit small franchises need to stop whining and face that this is a players choice league, and that you either make smart business decisions, or you are out. Golden State was shit for decades until they realized they needed to do something more.

Its Luke's fault.

The Celtics apparently can't match salaries without Irving being involved until the summer? Is that why? I wonder why Horford's team won't let him be moved?

C's have that top 5-6ish pick. I would want that and Tatum and fillers over any other deal.

I would take a deal of Nilikini, Knox, Hardaway, and the Knicks pick over LALs.

The problem with LA's offer is that these young assets are already somewhat flawed. Still potential.

Kimba wouldn't be an improvement and certainly wouldn't be a championship level team.

But I agree. Knicks in play.

What pick is top 5-6ish?

Right. Almost zero chance he gets traded before the summer. Boston can make a better offer in the summer, and they’ll know everyone’s draft picks who may be potential partners outside of Boston. For NO, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to trade him before the summer.

Unless some contender wants to very much overpay, in order to have 2 guaranteed playoff runs with him (as opposed to one if they wait until the summer), it makes no sense a deal would be done anytime before the summer. And let’s be honest, how many teams in the NBA actually think, with a straight face, think they actually have a chance to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series this year? Of those teams (if there are any), what would they have to give up to even get AD right now? Other than that, why would any team trade for AD now, without a guarantee that he’ll sign long term with them?

Didn’t realize KP’s situation. He’s unlikely to be moved I see now.

Pelicans. Tell the Lakers it’s Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubek, Vogner, Hart and 3 first round picks.

Send back Miller who can shoot the 3, Jackson who can backup Rondo, etc. to make it work. Don’t settle for anything less.

But then LeBron is in a situation where he’s been before...not even close to a good enough supporting cast to challenge the Warriors, or 3-5 other teams for that matter. Even if they’re setting their sights on another all star FA in the off season, with AD and LeBron, there’s no way they’re fitting those 3 and a supporting cast worthy of a championship run under the cap. They need to keep and develop (hoping they actually do develop) what they have and take a run at a big name FA in the off season, and make a couple year run at it. Nothing else makes much sense for them at this point.

Back