• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Black Monday / Coaching Carousel Thread...

All I have in sports is laughing at other fans misery since every team I root for is complete trash as I've found out once again with my garbage baseball team.

Oh man, I have no idea who the Cowboys will find that can keep their next playoff opponent under 50.....

Playoff game aside, I read something like Dan Quinn’s 5 seasons as a DC his defenses all finished in the top 5.

When he was HC in Atlanta for 6 years none of his defenses did.

I know he made a SB as a HC with Atlanta, but are we looking at yet another example of someone being an AMAZING coordinator that doesn’t necessarily translate to be a great HC?

The Patriots hiring Alex Van Pelt as OC is another joke of a hire. Mayo might have been the worst hire in a really underwhelming offseason.

Playoff game aside, I read something like Dan Quinn’s 5 seasons as a DC his defenses all finished in the top 5.

When he was HC in Atlanta for 6 years none of his defenses did.

I know he made a SB as a HC with Atlanta, but are we looking at yet another example of someone being an AMAZING coordinator that doesn’t necessarily translate to be a great HC?
He coached a hyper-aggressive scheme which was great for causing turnovers and could overwhelm bad teams but would get schooled by competent QBs and offenses. His players never seemed to understand how to play a zone defense. And don't get me started on the penalty numbers.

He's never been a good coach but it does help the Jets avoid last place if that matters to fans besides me.

I’ll have to take your word for it. Not sure I’ve ever really paid attention to how he’s done since being an OC for the past 4 years. It was with the Browns so run heavy, avg to below avg QBs.

Kingsbury to Washington.

And Bieniemy is out of a job.

I realize he wants/wanted a HC job, but him leaving a perfectly great job in KC (where he went to and won multiple SBs) to take a LATERAL move to Washington was an absolute fucking mistake. There isn't another possible way to put it imo. I have no idea what he was thinking, or whose advice he was listening to, but what an utter shame.

If you weren't leaving KC for a HC job, what is the world was the point of leaving? Especially to a dumpster fire of a franchise like Washington. Has to go down as one of the worst decisions anyone in a position as high as he was has ever made.

I realize he wants/wanted a HC job, but him leaving a perfectly great job in KC (where he went to and won multiple SBs) to take a LATERAL move to Washington was an absolute fucking mistake. There isn't another possible way to put it imo. I have no idea what he was thinking, or whose advice he was listening to, but what an utter shame.

If you weren't leaving KC for a HC job, what is the world was the point of leaving? Especially to a dumpster fire of a franchise like Washington. Has to go down as one of the worst decisions anyone in a position as high as he was has ever made.
He was never going to get credit for the KC offense so unless he proves himself elsewhere he is not getting a head coaching job.

He was never going to get credit for the KC offense so unless he proves himself elsewhere he is not getting a head coaching job.

Whatever this "getting credit" means doesn't seems to matter much when you're out of a fucking job. Too many people in their feelings and worried about things like "getting credit" and "race." Because if the excuse wasn't about him not getting credit, it was that he was black and wasn't getting a HC job because of that.

Also, again...maybe he's just one of those guys that excels as a coordinator and not as a HC. There are TONS of them in the league. Without him getting a HC job it's not possible to say that's absolutely true, but maybe the guys doing the hiring see something that leads them to believe that to be the case.

Whatever this "getting credit" means doesn't seems to matter much when you're out of a fucking job. Too many people in their feelings and worried about things like "getting credit" and "race." Because if the excuse wasn't about him not getting credit, it was that he was black and wasn't getting a HC job because of that.

Also, again...maybe he's just one of those guys that excels as a coordinator and not as a HC. There are TONS of them in the league. Without him getting a HC job it's not possible to say that's absolutely true, but maybe the guys doing the hiring see something that leads them to believe that to be the case.
He supposedly doesn't interview well for whatever thats worth. He will wind up back in KC standing next to Reid and maybe he will be in position to take over when Andy retires.

He supposedly doesn't interview well for whatever thats worth. He will wind up back in KC standing next to Reid and maybe he will be in position to take over when Andy retires.

He should have never left. It was a colossal mistake. The only way it can be remedied is by him getting back there in KC as you just mentioned.

We got one in NO. I’d argue Dennis Allen is the best DC in the league

I assume he took the job because he was going to have play calling responsibilities, something he didn't have in KC & the primary thing that was likely keeping him from becoming a head coach. Of course, it sure doesn't look like that head coaching gig is coming anytime soon, so you could say he made a pretty costly miscalculation. When a team has a QB as talented as Mahomes, can you ever really be sure the offensive coordinator had much to do with the success, or is it likely that almost anyone (even Matt Canada) would look like a genius?

I assume he took the job because he was going to have play calling responsibilities, something he didn't have in KC & the primary thing that was likely keeping him from becoming a head coach. Of course, it sure doesn't look like that head coaching gig is coming anytime soon, so you could say he made a pretty costly miscalculation. When a team has a QB as talented as Mahomes, can you ever really be sure the offensive coordinator had much to do with the success, or is it likely that almost anyone (even Matt Canada) would look like a genius?

Right. It seems silly to me that any team would care if an OC called the plays or not. First, either he’s the OC or he’s not. If it really matters if they call the plays, then guys who are in that position and don’t call plays should get a different title.

Second, I’m not sure why it would care to a team if an OC called plays as he’s interviewing for a HC position. Is that HC going to call offensive plays? They most likely won’t, so why would it matter if he did as an OC?

The teams doing/expecting this seem to be contradicting themselves if they expect their new HC to have called plays as an OC, but on their own team the OC isn’t going to call plays it’ll be the new hire at HC doing the play calling. That makes zero sense.

Back