• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Black Monday / Coaching Carousel Thread...

Kinda surprised Belichick would want to another team with an ugly quarterback situation lol. NFC South a much easier division to win in tho

I'd trade a 3 for fields
He will get at least a 2nd or a team like DEN ATL LV could get pressured enough for a 1st. QBs get top dollar because its either give a 1st or draft shitty penix or nix and pray.

Aint nobody tryin to start next year with ridder, oconnell, or stidham

DK has ATL at -300 now for Beli

Got LAC -250 for Jim
Entertainment bets.

Although Bill looks nearly done.

The Jim numbers have flipped 4 times in 7 days. I believe MGM has his back to college as lowest odds as of this morning (fwiw, I expect he goes to LAC UNLESS they decide to go cheap -- which is possible).

After 0-4 start Chicago turned out to be a pretty decent team with multiple wins over fringe playoff teams. And that’s with one wide receiver and meh coaching staff. Fields is just fine.

That’s why if I’m Atlanta I do it. I know Bill has a window, but the division is easy. You get one year right? You don’t HAVE to extend him right away(maybe he has that clause, idk).

Atlanta has weapons.

Or are they gunning for Caleb? Man I’m gun shy on him now, but that’s for another thread.

That’s why if I’m Atlanta I do it. I know Bill has a window, but the division is easy. You get one year right? You don’t HAVE to extend him right away(maybe he has that clause, idk).

Atlanta has weapons.

Or are they gunning for Caleb? Man I’m gun shy on him now, but that’s for another thread.
Trading number 8 for a low ceiling guy would be ludicrous

Mayyyybe a stretch to send the early 2nd rounder if you're that desperate

He's absolutely one of the names I was referring to not that I think there is any chance of him being hired.
Shaw's an interesting guy.

He's really avoided interviews for years.

He did the Denver one last year and now the Chargers. That had me thinking he's the set-up guy for Jim lol.

As someone said elsewhere -- part of this is keeping your name in people's heads..

But, yes, the underlying tone of this is pretty interesting.

Raiders did the correct thing in hiring AP. This guy is a leader of men and has absolutely changed the culture.

Now they need to go out and get a bunch of experienced coordinators and coaches. Get him a real qb. Give him a real chance. I get the Dan Campbell vibes from AP.

Truth be told as a Raiders fan I would have rather had Harbaugh but Davis had to hire AP or risk mutiny in the locker room.

Can anyone actually imagine Belichick interviewing with the Falcons.

“So tell us a time that you faced adversity and explain how you overcame the odds.”

Bill: “…”

If herbert is a guy, no excuses now

I do wonder if harbaugh wants a year to clean house though, or if he just reloads and hope the d line and herbert are enough

Raiders did the correct thing in hiring AP. This guy is a leader of men and has absolutely changed the culture.

Now they need to go out and get a bunch of experienced coordinators and coaches. Get him a real qb. Give him a real chance. I get the Dan Campbell vibes from AP.

Truth be told as a Raiders fan I would have rather had Harbaugh but Davis had to hire AP or risk mutiny in the locker room.
Yep, I am happy with AP, wish the harbaugh stuff was last year or year before when it would have been an easy hire

But after locker room switch under AP to more of a leader of men like you say, csnt blame crosby, Adams, and Jacobs for saying we want this guy

Coordinators are big, wouldn't mind kliff

Really hoping we trade up for a qb. I wouldnt mind fields either if it's for a 2nd

Maye
Daniels
Fields
Penix
JJ

Would be my wishlist

Telesco getting raiders gm job is good imo, he amassed some talent with the chargers

Also interesting, JT the brick who is a raiders radio guy and rarely gives scoops but has a good history, said champ kellys plan was to run it back with AOC and davis wants a new qb, and he said this

Clearly, trading up to get a quarterback, it’s going to have to be aggressive. The Raiders are going to have to give up a lot. Wink, wink. That’s why I think the GM who is announced, whoever it is, is going to have to have a plan to go get that quarterback. That’s a nice little secret I just gave you. I think it’s very accurate. Whoever the GM is going to be probably had to prove in several interviews that he has the ability to go get a quarterback in the first round.”

If herbert is a guy, no excuses now

I do wonder if harbaugh wants a year to clean house though, or if he just reloads and hope the d line and herbert are enough
I"m from SD and grew up Charger fan, had season tickets, etc. Once they moved totally hate them. Loved that they wasted Herberts 1st years on Staley. Now their studs are old and total contract albatross - Bosa, Mack and Allen are almost done. Beat up and pad their stats on the shitty teams, when they even play. Except for Herbert they are not well positioned going forward imo. JH has been successful everywhere he's gone (I remember him at USD) but I hope he fails miserbly. Will always be tough division with Mahomes still very young. We shall see

I agree. I don't want that either. I'm just saying the current front office situation on ATL is a disaster.
Just expect the worst with the Falcons as I do with the Jets and you will never be disappointed. There are reasons why in a salary capped league the same teams seem to suck every year.

Just expect the worst with the Falcons as I do with the Jets and you will never be disappointed. There are reasons why in a salary capped league the same teams seem to suck every year.
Like I said when the fired Artie, it doesn't matter who they hire, as long as Blank and McKay are around, it'll be a dumpster fire.

Raiders still can't get Jim Harbaugh. He'll win in LA then move to NFC and win there all within 5 years then coach until he's 86 at Michigan.

Back