• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Black Monday / Coaching Carousel Thread...

Billy is right. As long as McKay is around, the Falcons will be a laughing stock.
I've read that Arthur wanted Belichick bad enough to actually sit in on both interviews but somehow the FO overruled the owner. And now you get Raheem. It makes zero sense!

The three assistants that I would have had interest in hiring were Ben Johnson, Bobby Slowik, and Dave Canales. With only two current openings remaining there could be some good choices next hiring cycle. I figure Johnson lands in Washington and hopefully the Seahawks hire Dan Quinn.

I think Atlanta screwed up big time but I agree with them not hiring Belichick. They should have been in on the offensive assistants but bad organizations usually make hires like this so can't say I'm surprised.

The three assistants that I would have had interest in hiring were Ben Johnson, Bobby Slowik, and Dave Canales. With only two current openings remaining there could be some good choices next hiring cycle. I figure Johnson lands in Washington and hopefully the Seahawks hire Dan Quinn.
How about the Saints?!

Let’s wait until they all GET hired

The thing I don't get with the Falcons is that Blank is one of the founders of Home Depot so he's obviously not stupid yet he runs his team like Woody Johnson who would probably be homeless if not for inheriting billions.

My first thought was Freiermuth should have a great year but then I saw on Spotrac that Jonnu Smith is in the last year of his deal in Atlanta and his salary jumps from $3.5M to $6.5M. That's an easy cut option for the new regime to save $6.5M in cap space. Smith coached Jonnu in Tennessee and Atlanta, expect to see him in the Burgh.

My first thought was Freiermuth should have a great year but then I saw on Spotrac that Jonnu Smith is in the last year of his deal in Atlanta and his salary jumps from $3.5M to $6.5M. That's an easy cut option for the new regime to save $6.5M in cap space. Smith coached Jonnu in Tennessee and Atlanta, expect to see him in the Burgh.
Artie loves him some Jonnu.

Washington thinking they were getting BJ and ending up with Dan Quinn would be peak Redskins.
Have heard the new ownership wanted to build after the Ravens' model and that they were looking at both coordinators there before Ben became so prized at the top of the list. Not sure how that went down, whether he turned them down (seems crazy with basically a real QB in the draft) or vice versa. Not like he won't get a chance elsewhere but hard to turn down when you are in peak demand.

I just want all the defensive guys off the board so the Jets are forced to hire an offensive coach so Quinn being off the board would be a good thing.
I know you're about nothing but offensive minded coaches but Seattle getting the Ravens DC is an awesome move for them. You'll have Saleh for 3 more years at least so no clue why you're basing all of your opinions on what the Jets won't do next offseason.

Seattle gave McDonald a 6 year deal so they've pretty much known he was their guy

Lmao. Wash brought in all these high powered NBA execs to consult on this hire, only to hire Dan Quinn. Congratulations.

Back