The Anthony Davis Sweepstakes

I remember thinking Lonzo was can't miss..it's apparent now he's can't make

AD to Toronto would be so great, Canada building a super team would be tremendous for the maple syrup industry and t-mike

Lakers would have 30 million in cap space after purging their roster.

The Pelicans should never answer the Lakers' phone call if they think Ball, Kuzma, and Zubec are even close as was reported an offer.

If the Lakers' can get AD on their roster and maintain max salary offer they have to do it. Even if they trade 10 guys.

Problem if I'm the Pelicans is as I've said before... there's potential there but nothing as sexy as a top 3 draft pick (Knicks) or Tatum/top 5 pick combo.

Interesting lines from BM on this:

TEAM ANTHONY DAVIS WILL BE ON GM 1 OF 19/20 RS
LA Lakers+194
Boston Celtics-149
NY Knicks+3022
Philadelphia 76ers+1992
New Orleans Pelicans+926
Field - Any Other Team+317

Interesting lines from BM on this:

TEAM ANTHONY DAVIS WILL BE ON GM 1 OF 19/20 RS
LA Lakers+194
Boston Celtics-149
NY Knicks+3022
Philadelphia 76ers+1992
New Orleans Pelicans+926
Field - Any Other Team+317
Interesting. Yesterday BOL had the Knicks at +550

Interesting to see a borderline bust in Okafor having monster #s filling in for AD. Not saying AD isn’t great. But I don’t believe a big man. Especially one playing with Lebron, is enough to win anymore in today’s NBA.

The Lakers have to offer up 3 first round picks in my opinion to get it done. Taking on their average prospects to only have to pay them big bucks in a couple of years doesn’t make much sense.

Simmons.

Tatum.

Knicks Pick.

Are the only sexy assets on the table right now.

Connecting the dots with Kyrie Irving is never straightforward. The enigmatic Celtics guard can be all over the map when it comes to leadership, playing with LeBron James, planetary contours, etc. …
But the news that Anthony Davis wants out of New Orleans, preferably right now at this very second what's taking so long, has me worried about one particular set of dots, which stretch from Boston to Los Angeles like an ironman version of the Family Circus.
The feared result? Kyrie Irving in Lakers gold.
We shouldn't even be talking about this, and perhaps there's nothing to it. Irving is already on record that he plans to stay in Boston. On the eve of opening night, he told fans he planned to sign an extension, and he later expanded upon those remarks, noting that Danny Ainge and Co. "just wanted to show me what being a Celtic is all about, and that I was going to come around, and I absolutely did. I believe in it. I believe in the franchise."
That's great. But enough has happened since to sow tiny seeds of doubt that best not germinate. Consider the following:
-- The season hasn't unfolded as predicted, with Gordon Hayward a shell of himself, Jaylen Brown taking a half step back, Terry Rozier struggling off the bench, and Jayson Tatum too young to make an appreciable leap. Irving has expressed repeated frustration with his young teammates, and they've finally started to push back, with Brown noting that leadership starts from the top down, not the bottom up. The Celtics, expected to cruise to the No. 1 seed in the East, are instead fighting to crack the top four.
-- Irving's frustration led him to place a call to former teammate LeBron James, the star around whom the NBA still orbits. Irving apologized for being a lunkhead, the implication being that he only recognized said lunkheadedness when faced with it in the form of his own young mates.
-- James followed up that olive branch by tagging Irving in an Instagram post of himself singing Fetty Wap's "Rewind" from the back of his car. Sample lyric: "I know you're with him now but soon you will be mine, If I could bring it back, I'll probably press rewind." And yes, this is a very NBA-in-2019 form of outreach.
-- Following on the success of Uncle Drew, Irving's Pepsi-commercial-turned-movie that earned nearly $50 million at the box office, comes news this week that Irving will headline and produce an untitled horror movie about a haunted Oklahoma hotel. Irving's interest in Hollywood is well-established, and calling Los Angeles his professional home would certainly align with his off-court passion.
-- Davis! Talk about burying the lead. The Celtics have hoarded assets for the last three years in the hopes that the transformative Pelicans big man would become available. Everyone assumed that day would be this summer, but Davis's camp accelerated that process by demanding a trade. If a deal is struck before the Feb. 7 deadline, it would probably be to the Lakers.
The impact on the Celtics could be devastating. Imaging Irving hitting free agency after a disappointing season, having reconciled with LeBron, and with Davis already in L.A.
If they joined forces, it might be the greatest Big Three ever assembled in one fell swoop, topping Boston's Paul Pierce-Kevin Garnett-Ray Allen triumvirate, LeBron, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh in Miami, or the current Steph Curry-Kevin Durant-Klay Thompson trifecta bombing away in Golden State.
Irving would frankly be doing himself a disservice if he didn't consider that leap, promises to Boston be damned, because that's one hell of a situation, especially if he's now OK riding sidecar to James, at least until the indomitable star finally starts showing his age.
That's why Celtics fans should be petrified over the possibility of Davis landing in Los Angeles this week. If he reaches the offseason, the Celtics become the frontrunners to land him. At that point, Irving can opt out of his deal, re-sign with Boston for $80 million more than anyone else, and spend the 2019-20 season convincing Davis where the grass is Greenest.
Otherwise, those dots could become a solid line, pointing straight at the City of Angels, which is as close to a doomsday scenario as the Celtics will find.

I don't want ANYTHING the Lakers can offer.......gross

He wants to play with LeBron in LA.....obv. Trick is....how can that happen w/o Pels getting shit on?

Knicks seem the best....but with Porzingis gone?

Basically, how can the Pels be assured of getting Zion. THAT is the ticket

Who would want to play with Cramps in LA ? Fuck that.

Better off going to the Dubs to replace KD.

Crooklyn gonna surprise this offseason.

RNOXhbS.jpg

Crooklyn screams Jimmy Butler.

Durant to Knicks is a done deal.

After thinking about it, it's the only thing that makes sense in my head too. Knicks took a BIG gamble with this Porzingis trade. They know something. Also Kyrie trying to give his shirt to his dad on MSG... why today, of all games? Dude is making this serious smoke screen with this Lebron story, and he's going to end up in NY.

Good luck to both in NY, Dolan will fuck it up somewhere along the way.

Sure sounds like something will get done before deadline , and everything pointing to Lakers

Sure sounds like something will get done before deadline , and everything pointing to Lakers

Yeah, LeBron wasn't going the rest of the season without forcing something.

I expect Walton will be gone this month as well.

Are the Knicks so confident they are going land KD?

Clips are going be really attractive to the big names this summer

I pretty much expect the Knicks to get fucked, foregone conclusion. Then they'll flop and take Zion instead of RJ per usual

I don't like Ingram and Ball still not sure if he can be a star. Kuzma is the only one it's a shame to lose...
Strange that Pels don't like such an offer.
Not sure if it's a good offer for the Lakers though...
Unless they can get a third star in the summer...

Latest offer
Ball
Kuzma
Ingram
Rondo
Stevenson
Beasley
2 picks

Crazy
need more picks

problem is.....the picks will be late ones right?

Either way, the Pels are gonna get fucked

Fuck Bron and this league the way shit is goin

Also, why is KD leavin? What up with that?

Back